Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Clysdalle's art ..FINISHED...New Islander Headhunter painting complete with process pics!!.. pg.67!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 999 replies

You can see all my stuff here...

http://www.davidlozeau.com

or read ALL these pages :wink: enjoy!

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2011-08-29 11:26 ]

F

I just checked out your website, nice stuff. I really like the stuff you've posted above, especially the detail on the frame. Keep 'em coming

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jan 17, 2007 7:09 PM

Seen this on ya website as you know, but dont mind seeing it again :)

Love the urban driftwood call

On 2007-01-17 19:09, hewey wrote:
Seen this on ya website as you know, but dont mind seeing it again :)

Love the urban driftwood call

thanks hewey....being here and Sketchkult you get double clysdale spam!

B

Those are bitchen!

I know it's not tiki related but it was keeping me from getting to some damnit!!!

Just got this finished....1shot on an old longboard..."Robot Love"... because robots need love too......and because they eat bunnies.

C

Just got these guys finished.....the first resin tikis w/paint tests...

ST

I love the first two. They seem somehow pirate-ish to me.

M
mieko posted on Tue, Feb 6, 2007 9:58 AM

Woot! Those look great! I especially like how the paint turned out on the red one, really nice highlights and depth. I'd love some painting tips at the chop chop. :)

C

Very cool paintings I like them a lot! and the mugs turn out great too! Congrats!

C

Thanks guys! and meiko....I'll give ya tips-o-plenty ...but I think you'll be suprised how easy (and messy) it is!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Feb 7, 2007 8:57 AM

Nice sculpt on these little resin dudes.

M
Moki posted on Wed, Feb 7, 2007 2:11 PM

I like the all white one!! Dibs!!
Aloha.....

cool work, how you planning on adding the fixing?

Clysdale, next time you take an "art DUMP", can u do it on one of my walls?!?

Great stuff, my favorite is the Blk and Wt with the Moais.
ST

Thanks peeps....just got a run this weekend of about 25ish...so i'll finish them up and toss a few up if anybody is interested...

and sneaky, you can always purchase an "art dump" for nominal fee :wink:

Just finished this 8"x8" enamel and acrylic on clayboard...Finally got something beside my resin guys done.

"toothy tiki"...inspired by a bunch of tikis all over TC...

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2007-02-20 19:38 ]

Just got this guy done tonight....

A resin casting of a carving a did a while ago...and then Franked up for an art swap...

12"

Way Cool man!!!
This guy should fight GROG's FrankenMoai
in an Ultimate Death Match! Oh! They're already dead....
I like the bolts in the neck! Classic!

H
hewey posted on Sun, Mar 18, 2007 6:50 PM

Thats great man! Sweet! :)

A 12" resin casting? :o

Love that finish. Is it paint, with varnish over it, or what?

Somebody got a good trade.

Thanks guys.....he was fun to make...I have 5 more blanks that I casted So I'm going to try a few different ideas. I think he would make a great tap handle....now I just need the tap mmmmmmmm beer!

I still think Grog's metal maniac would be a tough call...I would have to hope for rain so he rust up!

whoa, very nice! both pieces have a lot of character! Great work! Now the other could be painted along the lines of a Dracu-tiki, a wolfen-tiki, and a creature-tiki? Keep up the beautiful art!

Very creepy frankenMo!

On 2007-03-19 10:30, Tiki Shark Art wrote:
whoa, very nice! both pieces have a lot of character! Great work! Now the other could be painted along the lines of a Dracu-tiki, a wolfen-tiki, and a creature-tiki? Keep up the beautiful art!

great idea TS....and if i was lazy....I could just wrap it in toilet paper and have the mummy!!

Not to hijack your thread, but... I scared the hell out of my daughter one time when we were watching the "Mummy" movie on TV. I wrapped my arm in toilet paper in the bathroom and stretched it around the corner into the den while making mummy groans, what a hoot. Actually I kinda felt bad as she usually duzzn't scare easy and I was just kiddin' around. Now back to regularly scheduled posting.

nice work....and ten years from now when you cries everytime she needs to take a poop wont you feel like a jerk :wink: hahhahah

rad franky!! your work is amazing

Just finished up my new helmet for my triumph....wanted to do something to stand out a bit :twisted:

sorry for the glare in a few shots....not tiki but creepy..so that counts!

unique. design. concepts.
http://www.dlozeau.com

Current Works...
http://clysdale.deviantart.com

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2007-03-20 22:17 ]

H
hewey posted on Wed, Mar 21, 2007 3:44 PM

kool man! Will get some looks on the road. :)

But they will see me coming!!

Trying to get some more stuff done for the Tikifarm event...just got this guy done tonight....

Orangina Tiki
12"x12"

Come by and see me at my booth if you head out to the show!!!

Current Works...

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2007-03-28 20:17 ]

Hey Clysdalle!
Lovin the orangina! I can barely see the color gradations and lighting on his face,but i know in person it's gonna BANG!
I didn't know you got a booth at Holden's gig! Sweet!
I'll stop by your booth during a ciggie break!
Man! Only a couple more weeks! Where's the No-Doz? :lol:

On 2007-03-28 21:35, little lost tiki wrote:
Hey Clysdalle!
Lovin the orangina! I can barely see the color gradations and lighting on his face,but i know in person it's gonna BANG!
I didn't know you got a booth at Holden's gig! Sweet!
I'll stop by your booth during a ciggie break!
Man! Only a couple more weeks! Where's the No-Doz? :lol:

Hey LLT, yea the colors on here or pretty dull....oranges and ambers are always tough to get right on the web but yea, he's much brighter. Definitely make sure you swing by the booth!!!!! and if you want to store one of those surfboards in my car and then in my living room that works too :wink:

back to work!!

Cool stuff as always Clysdalle.... I like the orange too, and the "skullified" tiki.

thanks Sam!!!! get you ass in gear also....it's been a few weeks since you've given me something to covet!

Check out my thread! I just kicked out 2 more paintings after the DvA piece..... :)

just checked them out....great stuff as always....I love the DVA tiki also!

Dude man, these are some Incredibly awesome works. Really makes me wish I was able to Paint. Drawing and Inking are about the only things I'm capable of doing. But these...damn man. Impressive doesn't even begin to describe these pics.

On 2007-04-08 23:56, TiKiMaN77 wrote:
Dude man, these are some Incredibly awesome works. Really makes me wish I was able to Paint. Drawing and Inking are about the only things I'm capable of doing. But these...damn man. Impressive doesn't even begin to describe these pics.

hey Tikiman...thanks....you're making me blush!

But seriously, thanks for the comments...I've been really working on my style and pushing myself this last year or so...trying new ideas and working carefree. Always feels great when somebody digs it!

I'll have a bunch of new stuff at the show this weekend...if you make it down, stop in and say hello!

Right on Clysdalle!
This event is gonna be HOPPIN!!!!

ok, here is the last thing I'm adding to my pile for the tikifarm event.....a little hot rod tiki for ya..

18x36 Tiki Trippin.....come by the booth and check it out...colors dont really show up as well here...but here he is!

you can see a big version here...
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/53026634/

Current Works...

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2007-04-11 21:29 ]

These online pix don't capture the colors as they are in person-ZOINKS! Great work! And great meetin you at the Tiki Farm gig,Sir! It's always great to make the acquaintance of other driven artists!!! PM me when you wanna visit the studio in Orange! Fridays are best!
We'll corral up Kirby and have the artistic equivalent of a sewing circle! :lol:

Great composition on this one! Nice background too.

fricken' awesome! Great line work!

Thanks guys! this line work on this one was fun to do....always the last step and always the "oh, ok, this will work" step.

LLT we'll have to hook up for sure one friday!!! Some of us have day jobs but I get out early every 3rd or 4th friday so I'll have to show up late! Knitting needles for everyone!!!

Here is a little guy I got done for the TC swap....I was late...but he's done now!

8x10 enamal and acrylic on clayboard

Sorry so late BA!!

Clys, I really like this piece! Great take on the Moai and nifty background too.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 999 replies