Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Clysdalle's art ..FINISHED...New Islander Headhunter painting complete with process pics!!.. pg.67!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 999 replies

R

YAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

I just got my skull pendant! It's so rad! I love it!

I'll be wearing this every where I go!
Thankies! :D

On 2007-08-24 12:56, ravenne wrote:
YAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

I just got my skull pendant! It's so rad! I love it!

I'll be wearing this every where I go!
Thankies! :D

Excellent!!! and thanks again!!! now go rock that skull...

with the fire outside...needed to paint something....got this guy done over the past few days....10"x10" enamel on clayboard...

C

Nice!! Something good came out of the fire then!

Lovin that background,Dave!
Pretty Badazz for such a little fellah!
What was the size on this?
10 by10 feet? :lol:

Very nice! Good choice of colors. What is clayboard?

LLT...don't make me photoshop a 2345 foot creature!

Hey Matt....clayboard is a wood panel that is coated with a hard clay-like material which gives you a super smooth surface that is great to paint on. It also comes in a ton of sizes and also nested so it can be hung right on the wall...here is a link with more info and prices...

http://www.dickblick.com/zz149/15c/

That's cool. Thanks for the info.

C

just got this guy finished from a live painting session at the Oceanside, CA day of the dead festival...18x36...check it out!

H
hewey posted on Fri, Nov 2, 2007 2:41 AM

Nice! How did the live painting go?

MR

Sweet! Digging the scorched earth look to the background. I'd also like to comment on the lettering, very nice. Lettering, for me anyways, is always such a pain. It looks great.
Cheers.

C

Hey Hewey...the live painting was fun. I had carved in front of groups before but never painted. It was a little different in the way people thought they could only talk to me when I put the brush down and were very quite. Great time though and something I would do again...

Matt text is also one of my weaknesses...I draw and then work out the text on the computer to match my sketch and give me the proper spacing...otherwise it looks like it was written on the sanitarium walls.

My art and goodies...
http://www.davidlozeau.com

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2007-11-02 08:06 ]

B
Bowana posted on Sat, Nov 3, 2007 9:08 PM

I love your Dia de los Muertos paintings, Dah-veed. So very cool! I'm sure you've been to Old Town and checked out all the stuff they've got there?

The Artist Formally Known As Tikidav

[ Edited by: Bowana 2007-11-03 21:08 ]

C

On 2007-11-03 21:08, Bowana wrote:
I love your Dia de los Muertos paintings, Dah-veed. So very cool! I'm sure you've been to Old Town and checked out all the stuff they've got there?

The Artist Formally Known As Tikidav

[ Edited by: Bowana 2007-11-03 21:08 ]

Hey bud..thanks!! and actually I've not been over there...is it full of stuff normally or just during the season? Where should I go? GIVE ME INFO...I'M NEW HERE :wink:

Nice Job on the New One! Reds/Browns/Blacks/and Whites-nice Colors too! Looks effortless and Beautiful! Pumpin that badboy out in one day...impressive! Hope demonstrating to the unwashed masses brings you fame and fortune! :)

B
Bowana posted on Mon, Nov 5, 2007 9:02 PM

On 2007-11-05 08:18, Clysdalle wrote:

Hey bud..thanks!! and actually I've not been over there...is it full of stuff normally or just during the season? Where should I go? GIVE ME INFO...I'M NEW HERE :wink:

I believe they've got Dia de Los items out all year 'round. Check out the Old Town Marketplace at Twiggs and San Diego Ave. Also The Plaza del Pasado on Juan St. These are both little outside shopping plazas with a ton 'O stuff from Mexico to poke through. I'm sure you will have a great time!

You've seen them around, and here is my guy...just got this guy done for a local bike clubs breast cancer charity silent auction tonight...sold for $500 bucks with all the money going to the boobies! Was a challenge to paint on the rough surface but a good time...C&C always...

metal flake rattle can and 1shot...lined the inside with white fur, tough to see in the pic...

Kudos Dave!
enamel on such a treacherous surface must of been a WAY GOOD TIME!
You pulled it off and even added fur! Good job!

Thanks man...only took 8 coats of gesso...sanding...2 coats of spray primer...2 coats of blue metal flake....and one coat of purple flake. Then I could start painting. I think there are cars out there with less prep.

R

Wow! those last two pieces are cool, especially the last one for charity!

I love how he's making a "pinching" gesture! :lol:

I really like the style you have for your skulls! :D

Thanks revenne...he was fun to paint!

Your 'Muertos' ooooz character and passion... the colors SNAP! off the surface and gouge my eyes with pleasure... PLEASE don't stop!!! :D

B

Furry skull boobies...that's what I'm sayin man!

hahahaha.....thanks guys...you know me....always one to fight the good fight!

SAVE THE BOOOOOBIES!!!!

your work is so cool

Hey thanks marcus....your work kicks some ass too!

Just finished this painting for a show in atlanta.....

Hunt of the Mermaids
8x10" enamel on board...

Mermaids scare me....

On 2007-11-24 10:13, Clysdalle wrote:

Mermaids scare me....

Do kittens and unicorns scare you too?

So you have not seen this sketch of mine either huh.....hahahahahah.......dirty bastids those kittens...

H
hewey posted on Sat, Nov 24, 2007 5:35 PM

LOVE that mermaid piece, awesome :D

soooo.....did the Octopus help the Salty Sailor or is he there for a Meal and appetizers?
Great color and concept as always....there's always a bit of sadness and humor in LOTS
of your pieces....Splendid piece! Splendid! I do think you chintzed out/got and lazy on the octopus tentacle suckers,but HEY! it works! The tan pants and the mermaid in the foreground with the upraised head are both funny and spooky... Do not seek Psychiatric Help! Just paint and Carve more!

Wow that is a very dark piece you got there Clydz not a good day to be a mermaid. The ol salty captain looks like he is over his limit though and his catch all look like they should be thrown back. The Teko is of legal size though and would make for some chewy sushi.
Fish on!

Chongolio

Thanks guys!!

mmmmmm sushi!! and what would the limit on mermaids be??? by the pound or maybe Tip to tail?

Just got this guy finished for the 3 Kings show....check out the Cali event forum for details.....

8x8 enamel on silver platter

David-Pumping up the Volume! Glad to see you pickin up the pace...You say this is one of a pair? Very cool! The Clock is Ticking! VROOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

I know I know...tick tock...I'm trying to get everything finished AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

B

Killer!!!!

H

here fishy fishy fishy....

nice work mate, you're popping out awesome work on a regular basis :D

C

thanks Hewey!

Just in case you have not seen the new ones for the "Three Kings" show over in the Cali events thread...

Two more paintings for the show...

First up...Night of the Viking

and the Mermaid Song based on the fish platter study....

H
hewey posted on Mon, Dec 3, 2007 2:21 PM

Ooh yeh, I LOVE the night of the viking. The mood and the colours just have IT, awesome mate :D Now you just need to do a tiki version!

There is "good" bad taste, and there is "bad" bad taste, and the difference of the two is in the eye of the beholder - Sven Kirsten

[ Edited by: hewey 2007-12-03 14:23 ]

Very cool stuff.....I totally dig your style with 1 shot....post more!!!!

Yo, C.! Your paintings/style are truely unique.. I really dig it.. Especially the cannibal/headhunter pieces. I really love seein' different interpretations of that subject. Good Stuff~ fB

C

thanks freddie! all the cannibal/headhunter stuff is really interesting....I have a bunch of drawings based on the english/zulu conflict that I'll get around to painting some time...

Meheadhunter, you can see all 1shot stuff along with carvings and everything else here... http://www.davidlozeau.com

R

On 2007-12-03 09:01, Clysdalle wrote:
and the Mermaid Song based on the fish platter study....

Seriously?! this is gonna be there Dec 15th?! sweeeeet!
I still sport yer skull necklace proudly, it's so cooool!

Can't wait to see and stare at your paintings fer hours! :D

C

Thanks ravenne!! and yes this fish will be there!! Don't stare at my stuff too long..kinny will get jealous...he's like that.

Great work! Hope u have a blast at your show! I hope I get to see your work in person someday!

F

Clysdalle, killer stuff. love the fish platter and the rest of the paintings. Very cool indeed sir.

visit us at http://www.frostiki.com

[ Edited by: frostiki 2007-12-09 11:24 ]

kewel!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 999 replies