Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Clysdalle's art ..FINISHED...New Islander Headhunter painting complete with process pics!!.. pg.67!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 999 replies

H

Thanks Cly. I find the contrast bewteen the lined and non-lined stuff side by side really interesting. Its amazing how the black adds so much to it

B

Clysdalle....brother, you are out doing your own self! This is one major bad ass board!!! I'll bet it is the first thing of yours to sell at the show.

Ain't it cool how our little group of So. Cal artists have been putting out the bomb stuff lately! I have really enjoyed kicking it with you over the past year...look forward to the next.

ok, my eyes are bleeding now...been doing black line work for 3 hours....time to call it a night...

What a wimp! Come on Man! 3 hours? You need some coffee with a zipfizz chaser,my friend! 3 hours.....sheesh! It's looking good tho! That black really pops the figures yet still gives it a graphic look! There's gonna be some bitchin boards at this show folks!

On 2008-02-27 22:09, hewey wrote:
Thanks Cly. I find the contrast bewteen the lined and non-lined stuff side by side really interesting. Its amazing how the black adds so much to it

I was thinking the same thing. It's a whole new world with the black detail in it.

Thanks guys again...

Hewey....it's strange to see it come to life...I usually don't like any of my paintings until the darks start getting put in...

Babs...thanks bud, like I wrote in the other thread all of you guys have been so great just makes me inspired to do more! Chop Chops rule!

LLT....3-4 hours, each night this week but don't forget I just picked up a new puppy this past weekend...11 weeks old....so time is tight in between poop pick up and thunderdome.

FB..glad you like it...since it's taking all my time away from getting your design done :wink: the board is done on Friday and then it's back to you!

Hey, how I look at it is I'm a fan, not your boss. I'm friends with a lot of artists and I know that no one likes to be rushed. Keep doing what your doing, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with for me.

wow awesome work my friend

What a cool lowbrow board, Clysdalle! I love it, and if it's done with 1-Shot, it's that much more lowbrow.... 1-Shot is not just for breakfast anymore!

Been watching this from the beginning and have to say - WOW!!

Thanks everyone....FINALLY.....in a haze of 1shot fumes and puppy koas got it finished last night so it's ready to roll up to the gallery tomorrow and take it's place next to Big Toe and LLT (and to make theirs both shrivel up and hide :wink: )

I'll post up some new updated pics tonight....

On 2008-02-29 08:41, Clysdalle wrote:
I'll post up some new updated pics tonight....

Can't wait to see the final pics. Although I think I'll actually wait until morning to look at them...so I can sleep tonight. :wink:

Q
QPQ posted on Fri, Feb 29, 2008 6:56 PM

Your works are very kool!

That would look awesome on a guitar....

Take care,
Ron

Can't wait.....Where's the pics!!!!

Can't wait.....Where's the pics!!!!

C

She's f'in done!!!! Thanks everyone for all your support....25 hours and ready to be delivered to the show....

"The CarnEvil"

and a detail shot...

it's ready to roll up to the gallery tomorrow and take it's place next to Big Toe and LLT (and to make theirs both shrivel up and hide )

Whatever.....
you talk a lot of smack-up/prove it with some back-up! :lol:
we shall see.....
anyways....
Turned out great Dave!
it's your mental health that concerns me.....
If you switched mediums, you could shave at least 10 hours off your time!
See you at the show!

H
hewey posted on Sat, Mar 1, 2008 7:10 PM

Looks awesome mate! :D :D Its definitely your best painting yet! :D

Would love to see some pics of your board and LLT's next to each other, just for a comparo :wink: Just curious, what did you do to the back?

Please excuse my language.....But, CarnEvil kicks carni A$$....Very nice!!! Your line work is top notch...keep up the great work!!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Mar 2, 2008 10:30 AM

On 2008-03-01 15:20, little lost tiki wrote:
If you switched mediums, you could shave at least 10 hours off your time!

What the hell does using a psychic have to do with painting? If you do change mediums,
go with Jennifer Love Hewitt rather than Patricia Arquette.

Nice job Clyde. Looks good.

hey thanks guys!! and grog is right....I'll take one jennifer love please...and an african shaman!

B
Bowana posted on Wed, Mar 5, 2008 7:17 AM

You're a freakin' maniac, Dave!

Are you coming to the Chop? I want my Tee shirt! :)

C

On 2008-03-05 07:17, Bowana wrote:
You're a freakin' maniac, Dave!

Are you coming to the Chop? I want my Tee shirt! :)

the chop on the 22nd right? I'll be there!....and....I will also have my new shirt available, check it out...

Very Cool!
Great graphic there!
Your art has that easily-translatable style that makes it POIFECT for shirts!
got some great treatment ideas for you and the Not Home Dave!

my board's bigger....

C

thanks LLt....but you're still a jerk :wink:

and that stash....I think I found your stunt double...wait a minute...I've never seen Peter Sellers or LLT in the same room...hmmmmmmmm

or maybe...

My art and goodies...
http://www.davidlozeau.com

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2008-03-05 09:22 ]

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2008-03-05 09:23 ]

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2008-03-05 09:34 ]

Closeux....Lozeau...hmmmm
that's another can o worms right there......

Your theory would ring true if he weren't DEAD!
Clone of Tom Selleck....maybe.....

and i may be a jerk...
but my board's bigger.

C

you board is bigger....

Johhny Wadd...

very funny...
"Curly Joe" Lozeau!

knuckknuckknuckknuckknuckknuckknuckknuckknuckknuck...woooowoowoooooooooo

B A BAY B I B.....B I BIKY BYE B BO BO.......ah, Saturday mornings

Trying to get ahead of some work here.....got this guy finished over the weekend....for A show called "Damn Dirty Ape" in Atlanta for the 30th anniversary of the Planet of the apes movie...tried something different

8x10 "Night Ape"

R

Oooh, I like the "Night Ape"!
the highlights look great!

I love how the surfboard turned out too!

(Nice jab with the Peter Sellers comment :lol:!)

G
GROG posted on Mon, Mar 10, 2008 1:34 PM

MOST EXCELLENT, dude!!!

Thanks Rav and Grog! This was a little departure but I just love playing with lighting.

AND...for the painting I got to watch all 5 Planet of the Apes movies....now did you all know there were 5!

Oh yeah.... I dig the color scheme! Niiiiice!

AND...for the painting I got to watch all 5 Planet of the Apes movies....now did you all know there were 5!

6 if you count the remake in 01 with Markie Mark. (but we should all just ignore that one.)

I have a couple of friends that sat down and watched the 5 originals in a single weekend.. I had to leave halfway through the 2nd one, I just couldn't take much more. Although I have been told that they are all better then the 1st.

Either way, I love the painting.

we don't count that marky mark one....at all.....

I though the original was good...and then they each got a little more campy and a little less fun to watch. When I finished the final one it was more of a relief then unbridled ape joy...

thanks guys!

and NOVA is HAWT!
First is the best
that second one rocked!
except Taylor and his clone astronaut (always got them mixed up as a kid)
the old Subway...the realization...
the Gorillas going off-total NeoCon War machine...
and Return was so sad at the end with the baby goin "momma.momma."
and Mr. Rourke jumping out a window and the ape riot at futuristic UC Irvine
and the last one (Conquest? Battle for?) is more bittersweet and all about the Lawgiver
and that one scene where he's watching that tape left by Cornelius.....!
Planet of the Apes RAWKS!
and that painting ain't too bad...
Thanks for helping us hang the show last night and tonight...
you better get down there -space is running out! :lol:

Hey Clysdalle- I love the Damned Dirty Ape - I've always liked how black and blues go together. Sort of has a mysterious look. It sounds like it'll be a great show. Great stuff! I'd love if they had a "Soylent Green" show.... I'd have to be a part of that one! :wink:

WHAT....IS.....SOYLENT..........GREEN........

ahhhh good stuff....now that that would make a kick ass show....for those wondering...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c25tTzGJmcs

Aloha Clysdalle!!! Your art is incredable my friend. I also love the way the black and blues flow and look, but it all looks SWEET,Aloha, Mooney

Hey thanks mooney!!!! welcome to the thread...and I agree...I love the black and blue. Makes me want a blacklight room in my house!

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2008-03-15 08:50 ]

Where you been man?!?!

Did you ever get my email I sent earlier this month?

Hey Kevin....I just hit you up with an email last night...did you get it?

I know I know....I've been a ghost here for a while but I've been crammed with stuff and finally digging out and getting back to people (like Kevin who has been more than patient) Anyhow...here are a few stragglers that I needed to post.......these will be at the tiki farm sale!

both 8x24

"El Dandito" Orange

"El Bandito" Blue

Is the orange one gay, or something? :P
(not that there's anything wrong with that) :wink:

On 2008-03-25 08:55, Clysdalle wrote:
"El Dandito" Orange

How 'bout some tikis? (And make 'em cute.)

hahaha......"El Daffiodillo" in da house....

and yes Kate...new tiki stuff coming-some sculptures and a painting or two!

On 2008-03-25 16:00, Clysdalle wrote:

Like actual tikis, not skulls or clowns or bloody severed kitten heads?

On 2008-03-25 16:04, Tiki-Kate wrote:

On 2008-03-25 16:00, Clysdalle wrote:

Like actual tikis, not skulls or clowns or bloody severed kitten heads?

well now you are just knit picking :wink:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 999 replies