Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Clysdalle's art ..FINISHED...New Islander Headhunter painting complete with process pics!!.. pg.67!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 999 replies

Hey Clysdale,

Would it be okay if I inked "El Bandito" onto the bottom of the surf board I just shaped? I've been looking for some monotone images I could do that won't cover too much surface so it won't interfere when getting it glassed.

ST

On 2008-02-10 10:43, Surf tiki wrote:
Hey Clysdale,

Would it be okay if I inked "El Bandito" onto the bottom of the surf board I just shaped? I've been looking for some monotone images I could do that won't cover too much surface so it won't interfere when getting it glassed.

ST

Hey ST....thanks for asking, I really appreciate that....but NO!

Just kidding...really, thanks for asking and go ahead and slap it down...but make sure you pop a picture up here when its done so we can check it out! And when you want to do a collab on a full surfboard design let me know!

ST

Cool... thanks. I figured I could have just done it and no one would ever know since I'm like 3000 miles away but thats not really my style. I just have to find some ink that will leave nice dark lines but won't dissolve the foam. Did some tests with some scrap booking pens earlier, I'll have to wait a day or so and see if the had any bad effects.

Just got these guys finished and uploaded and now available for sale on my site....

http://davidlozeau.com/Image.asp?ImageID=346273&apid=1&gpid=1&ipid=1&AKey=D3TYDH6V

Wrinkled Franky....

Toothy Tikis are drying now and I should have a limited few available by the end of the week...

My art and goodies...
http://www.davidlozeau.com

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2008-02-10 17:09 ]

These turned out very nice....Good Job!!!

Are you using automotive bases and clears?

On 2008-02-10 18:51, Meheadhunter wrote:
These turned out very nice....Good Job!!!

Are you using automotive bases and clears?

Thanks hunter....this guy shown is the Artist proof that was hand painted with acrylic and then clear coated. The production versions are spray enamel, an acrylic wash and then an enamel clear coat. The color is very close to what is show here, just a hair more john deer green.

The color is very close to what is show here, just a hair more john deer green.

That would be a Kelly Green...correct?
Can i get a pantone number?
Thanks! :lol:

H
hewey posted on Mon, Feb 11, 2008 1:40 AM

Looks great man :D

Starting working on my surf board for the Surf Beat show in Costa Mesa next month...Little Lost Tiki was trash talking so I had to grab a full board too. Now his is a huge 8 footer...while mine is a nice little 6 footer..

Here is the first stage....

Background painted in and large color areas begin to get blocked in. It will look like crap for the first 90% of the time...it's only the last 10 percent of the work that makes it all come together and look like something.....

"Surf Circus of Death" (tentative name)

you can actually get a glimpse of the full size sketch I did in the top right hand corner...

Mine's bigger! :lol:

short and thick does the trick!

:lol:

R

Waaah! skulls!

The design looks like it'll be great so far!

Can't wait to see more prog shots! :D

I can already see that this one is going to kick butt.....1shot???

thanks guys....hunter, the background was done with spray enamel and yes...everything else from then on will be 1shot...

H
hewey posted on Wed, Feb 13, 2008 4:14 PM

Wow man, another surfboard! Awesome! :D

I think you should call it Heaping Piles of Scary Skulls or maybe Spook N Surf or maybe Jeez! Why Can't I Just Paint Something Adorable...

I could go on for days. :wink:

Have no fear Kate!!! A new cute new resin sculpture will be posted tonight......just in time of V-Day!

Pipe Dreams of Death? Dead Wednesday? I likee!!

B

Duuuuuuuuuuude,

that board is SO sweet looking.

cant wait to fondle it in person.

t

ok, finally got the Toothy Tiki done!!! Just for Kate....something cute!!!

Now available on my site...

crappy photo..but you get the idea..

My art and goodies...

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2008-02-14 20:59 ]

I'm blown away.

I originally came across this website in search of ideas for a tiki inspired tattoo. After looking through your paintings and sketches I'm starting to rethink ideas for the day of the dead chest piece I was about to get started.

I'm enamoured with your sense of style. I got goosebumps looking at some of your art.

Needless to say you have just gained a huge fan, I can't wait to pick up a piece of yours.

Great pieces, Clysdalle!

Hey Flat Black thank you so much....really means a lot when somebody can connect with something I've done. You just let me know when you are ready for a clysdale and we'll get you set up! Welcome!!!

and thanks Sam for stopin in!

Thanks for the welcome.

I introduced your art to my girlfriend this weekend and she saw right away why I loved it. After talking with her she suggested that instead of trying to incorporate one of your current works into a tattoo that I talk with you about a commissioned piece. How would you feel about making a one off sketch with a few of my ideas?

If you want to discuss it further, please email me, bowarrowapple (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Thanks.

ok, trying to keep up with the master LLT is tough work...he paints like the wind. Starting to lay in some more layers of color, starting to block in some early linework of light and shadow. It doesn't look like much now, but wait till the black line work...it's really the money shot!

You can see here I got some of the jester's clothing worked out...

a bit closer...

Started to carve out a little detail on the skull pile...

have about ten hours in now....and still many ahead...

R

Looks great so far Clys!
Can't wait to see more!
:D

HURRY HURRY! Ken looks like he'll be done with his soon!

Thanks rav....I know I know...he paints so damn fast!!! I need somebody to sabotage him for a few days...

David this board is turning out super rad!

Hey Slowpoke!
That enamel really does slow your process,with the drying time and all...
Don't that have drying mediums? How you and Gambino do it with a medium that's
so difficult to get used to is AMAZING! Really diggin the tan/camel colored initial shading on the skeletons! This is gonna one of many Killer pieces for the show!
Only 10 hours in? Just keep chuggin there Brother,you'll hit the finish line soon!

Hey FB...thanks man....I also responded to your tattoo questions with an email...let me know if you didn't get it.

and LLT...I've tried some of the mediums but it just seemed like more of a hassle unless you are an enamel god like Gamby...

I haven't got an email as of yet.

I'll check again before I leave the office.

On 2008-02-20 11:23, Flat Black wrote:
I haven't got an email as of yet.

I'll check again before I leave the office.

sent you another yesterday...let me know if it gets jammed up....sent a pm too...something should work..

I see this thread bumped up with your posting and thought "Wow! Dave's got some more progress on the board done!" But what do i find? PM and E-mail conversation! What a GYP! Get Back to Finishin that thing! You only got about 2 more weeks! HustleButt! :lol:

On 2008-02-21 10:21, little lost tiki wrote:
I see this thread bumped up with your posting and thought "Wow! Dave's got some more progress on the board done!" But what do i find? PM and E-mail conversation! What a GYP! Get Back to Finishin that thing! You only got about 2 more weeks! HustleButt! :lol:

ROFL!!!!

I'll stop taking up his time until he can finish the board. lol.

somebody needs to get Clysdalle some ZIPFIZZ! :lol:

The more you talk about it, the more I want to hunt it down.

http://www.zipfizz.com/products.html

Buy some and send it to Clysdalle! :lol:
Then maybe he'll pick up the pace a bit.....
What a slowpoke! :lol:

On 2008-02-21 12:34, little lost tiki wrote:
http://www.zipfizz.com/products.html

Buy some and send it to Clysdalle! :lol:
Then maybe he'll pick up the pace a bit.....
What a slowpoke! :lol:

bastid.....Working on the board tonight and then the weekend is all about it. Damn Flat Black just flooded my head with a bunch of new ideas...finding it hard to focus....NEED ZIPZAPADOODLEFIZZ!!

ok, the home stretch....I have almost all the colors slapped down....and ready to start the black line work which is going to take whole chunk of time itself. So here you are...

the next steps will pull it all together, I promise!

H
hewey posted on Mon, Feb 25, 2008 2:35 AM

looking sweet Cly :D bring on the black :D :D :D

Board looks pretty cool dude, interested to see what happens to it next to finish it up.

Thanks guys....got half the board done last night....going to have it finished this week and ready to send down to the show. Finished pics to come soon!

YAWN.....
are you done yet? :lol:
Hurry up!

lookin good so far...

Lookin Good....The outline is so gonna make this board "Rockin".....You're on the home stretch.....Cant wait!!!

3/4's done....I'm going to bust out tonight and try and finish it up...I'm getting excited and just want to get this thing done. I'm saving pics for the final unveil so stay tuned!

H
hewey posted on Wed, Feb 27, 2008 6:38 PM

On 2008-02-27 14:17, Clysdalle wrote:
3/4's done....I'm going to bust out tonight and try and finish it up...I'm getting excited and just want to get this thing done. I'm saving pics for the final unveil so stay tuned!

tease :roll:

ok, my eyes are bleeding now...been doing black line work for 3 hours....time to call it a night...probably 3 hours and finished....but I promised pics...so here are a few more sneak peaks of some partly finished sections...

Almost done!!! Finish line in sight!

My art and goodies...

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2008-02-27 21:49 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 999 replies