Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Clysdalle's art ..FINISHED...New Islander Headhunter painting complete with process pics!!.. pg.67!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 999 replies

Thanks Skinny and Sam! I hope I can get more projects like this....where they just say "do what you do and we'll just get out of the way" Huge thanks again to that crew and JJ....

ok, more progress on the big Moai having his slumber disturbed......adding in the shadows and the contrast....hoping to work on highlights tonight and then on our 8 legged friend....

More progress to come...the home stretch is getting close. I'll have prints of the finished painting for Oasis!

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2009-07-28 11:31 ]

M
Mako posted on Tue, Jul 28, 2009 1:11 PM

looking good, love the concept too.

Now you just stop it young man!

Your prolific-ness is making all of us (except for Lil Kinny)look bad.

Jen

L

This is my favorite point in your painting process. I love right before you stick your linework in and its just a blank space waiting for you to do work.

Looking forward to seeing the finished piece

Thanks guys....SD, you're the one pumping out amazing stuff at an unbelievable pace!

leleliz, that is my favorite part also....so here are some detail shots of last nights work...

and a shot to show the scale....

Back in the studio tonight to tackle that damn dirty octopus!

Where's the bubbles?
and the suckers?
Octopi twist and twirl their tentacles
ALL the WAY around...

my theory is that you're scared of that twirling
and are too lazy about suckers or bubbles
or maybe too busy twittering
instead of contemplating how an octopus would move...

SUCKERS!

Hey look who's back....

Shouldn't you be spamming your artist alley somewhere...

The painting is not finished as you can see with the lack of suckers, bubbles and douchbags....oh no, well now just suckers and bubbles I guess.

:lol:

can't wait to harass you at Oasis,Dave!
it's been awhile...
Welp...
back to the Artist Alley thread...
:)

Here is a process pic so you can see all the line work go in, including last night's first shadow details on the octopus...more to come soon!

That octopus looks delicious! Mmmmmm octopus.

Looking awesome Dave, I like the weathered look to the tiki with it's cracks and all.

thanks Hank and Doug! This guys has been a struggle...due to the size but now he's finally in 5th gear and flying towards a weekend finish!

BT

It's all looking great. I wasn't seeing the head of the octo for awhile, but now his eyebalz are in he looks SIC!

And the fun begins!!!
Lookin' Fabuloso!!!

H
hewey posted on Thu, Jul 30, 2009 8:21 PM

Love watching your paintings grow :D

Cephalopods and tikis...2 of my favourite things. And you're making them look great together! Nice painting!

C

Finished....Finally got this guy done over the weekend....and he's off to the photographer today for super fancy photo'in. I'll have 16x20 and 8x10 prints of this guy at Oasis in 2 weeks!

Here is the final shot that I took....

"The Collector"
24x36
Acrylic and Enamel on Clayboard

and the final process series so you can see it built up.....

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2009-08-03 08:39 ]

L

Awesome piece! Its really great to see how you go from a blank canvas to the end piece...thanks for sharing.

On 2009-08-03 10:22, leleliz wrote:
Awesome piece! Its really great to see how you go from a blank canvas to the end piece...thanks for sharing.

Thanks Leleliz! I'm always curious to see the process photos myself. In the early stages of the painting I have tons of doubt and second guesses on things that don't get shaken out till layer of color later. Never really know where it's going to end up, I just try and nudge it in the right direction....

C

got the hi-res back from the photographer.....much better than the crap color in my shots....

Time to get to a few custom mugs for oasis! See you peeps there!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Aug 4, 2009 12:28 PM

GROG like looking for the hidden penises in your artwork. It like looking for "hidden Mickeys" in Disney stuff, or "Nina" in Hirschfeld drawings.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Aug 4, 2009 12:34 PM

To quote Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, "I keeed, I keed!".

C

Now that is great!!! I have to be honest, I'm now going to do that in every painting....great catch, you certainly have an eye for dick :wink:
I mean you can find cock anywhere......I mean......um......well you get it........

On 2009-08-04 13:04, Clysdalle wrote:
Now that is great!!! I have to be honest, I'm now going to do that in every painting....

come come Dave!
be PERFECTLY honest with the people..

this has been a reoccuring theme of yours for a while....
i mean...just look at this "moai"'s head.....

you ain't fooling nobody!

C

Don't forget about my little islander people....

oh man....maybe I've been doing that the whole time!

it isn't just art..
it's a journey of personal discovery!

Way to go on the breakthrough,Dave!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Aug 4, 2009 3:32 PM

On 2009-08-04 13:09, little lost tiki wrote:
i mean...just look at this "moai"'s head.....

His head? What do you think is holding up the skull in his crotch? Those aren't Toes it's sitting on!

[ Edited by: GROG 2009-08-04 15:33 ]

Is it just me or does that octopus have more than 8 tentacles? Is that a nonopus or decopus?

Just kidding! Love the pink contrast on the blue water

MR

Nice piece! About time you got it finished!
Good to see you at the washer chunk, Skinny. Lookin forward to seeing that painting at Oasis.

On 2009-08-04 16:03, MadDogMike wrote:
Love the pink contrast on the blue water

Is that water? cause i don't see no bubbles or undersea vegetation...
Is that a land-based creature stealing all those "moai"?

H

On 2009-08-04 15:32, GROG wrote:
His head? What do you think is holding up the skull in his crotch? Those aren't Toes it's sitting on!

Jeez Dave.

There are more wangs and sacks in your work than in THE WATCHMEN.

Not that dongs are bad, heck, mine is super snazzy but... have you spoken to your local clergy about this obsession?

If not there is still hope for your immortal "soul".

When you are ready for someone to pretend to listen, I hold a Doctorate of Divinity in the The Church of the SubGenius and The SubGenius Foundation, Inc.

On 2009-08-05 07:55, little lost tiki wrote:

On 2009-08-04 16:03, MadDogMike wrote:
Love the pink contrast on the blue water

Is that water? cause i don't see no bubbles or undersea vegetation...
Is that a land-based creature stealing all those "moai"?

There have been recent reports of octopi using SCABA (Self Contained Abovewater Breathing Apparatus) to sneak up on land at night to molest Moais

(Sorry Clysdalle, that's the best I could do with MS Paint on short notice)

C

hahaha.....good stuff!!! I would try and draw a scuba tank on him myself but it would just end up looking like a dong.

G
GROG posted on Wed, Aug 5, 2009 11:44 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So I'm starting to pack up stuff for Tiki Oasis....and I thought I'd post up a preview thread of everything I'll be bringing....so here is a smattering!

New signed and numbered 16x20 prints of "The Collector"

I'll also have a full fleet of 8x10 prints of all my tiki and other stuff there

More originals that will be there...

Swing by the booth and hang with me, the world famous Bigtoe.....Tikifarm.....and BadLand Beads! Winners of last years "BEST BOOTH"!!

Or you can skeedaddle down to Pappy Haggler's Bargin Barn in Artist's Alley this Oasis!
Winner of Best Booth THIS YEAR!
we got prizes fer the kids
a pettin zoo
affordable Quality art
Mostly brand Spankin New!
not stuff from last year!
and GOOFY GAWF
fer y'alls!

Here is a sneak peak at a new sculpture I'll be working on live on at Oasis....hmmmm is it an antler....or a horn??? wait and see!

Along with a few other odds and ends....like this signed and numbered (1/20) limited framed print....mmm fish sticks!

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2009-08-11 12:08 ]

Rather than get some art printed on my coffee mug at the mall...I thought a real mug, like these Mai Kai Decanters, were just asking to be painted up Franky style. I'm hoping to have these finished up in time for Oasis, so it will be late nights for the next few days to get these guys out of the laboratory. They LIVE......

More pics to come!

Now why did you go and a'ruin the Mai Kai Decanter?

i imagine it's because you don't have your own mug yet.....

mall coffee mugs! :lol:
and they're almost as cheap as them computer "print" outs!

Congrats on Best Booth last year!

Speaking of painting on mugs, I can also release a little tidbit that my top secret project with Tiki Farm is moving along and my Signature Tiki Farm Decanter will be released in the next few months! Based on one of my unique creatures of my tiki world.

Stay tuned for details and sneak peeks to come!

My art and goodies...
http://www.davidlozeau.com
See what's going on in the studio...http://www.twitter.com/davidlozeau

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2009-08-12 11:02 ]

...and being a design based on my work.....oh there will be a skull or two!!

S

On 2009-08-12 10:27, Clysdalle wrote:

Listen up here, Jr. Mad Scientist! I gave him life! I expect a genuine Beverly Hills facelift! Do not disappoint me young David...

:D

a City Slicker vandalizing a Pappy Haggler decainturr?

Hells NAW!

yew butter paint 'im up all right and respektful!

This is one of my favorite mugs squido....simple and perfect! So I will make sure I cut, trim, lift, color, and tuck this guy into perfection!

My art and goodies...
http://www.davidlozeau.com
See what's going on in the studio...http://www.twitter.com/davidlozeau

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2009-08-12 11:18 ]

T

All your work looks great (as always) & I'm sure you'll be a crowd pleaser at Oasis. I had a question regarding painting on ceramic mugs: Do you use your standard One-Shot enamel & if so, how does it hold up to cleaning/washing?

S

On 2009-08-12 11:18, little lost tiki wrote:
a City Slicker vandalizing a Pappy Haggler decainturr?

Hells NAW!

yew butter paint 'im up all right and respektful!

LISSEN UP JUNIOR! The Hagglers and the Looozows quit a feudin back in 19and27. Don't be pervokin' their only boy what has any talent. OK, they named him fer a horse, but I kin overlook that. Now go make me a cheez sammich!

Pappy

mmmmmmmmmm...cheez sammich!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 999 replies