Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Clysdalle's art ..FINISHED...New Islander Headhunter painting complete with process pics!!.. pg.67!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 999 replies

Cool Shirt Clysdalle
make sure you got a XXL at Tiki Oasis
and I'll buy one from ya.

I do buy tiki art, mostly vintage stuff.
and new stuff by people I like,
if I can afford it.
I also support Musicians, who are artists too.
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2009-06-02 12:30 ]

B
Bowana posted on Tue, Jun 2, 2009 9:30 PM

Nice one, Dave.

How was MONSTERPOLOOZA?!
Our entire sculpt department was there.
(except for me)

Bo

Lookin good Clysdalle! Still up to the same cool stuff. I love anything with hammerhead sharks or tentacles!

C

Hey Thanks guys, I think I'm just going to have to paint for months straight to get all these octo/squids out of my system.

Bowana...your boys came up to the booth and we talking about my shirt and some guy named "tiki Dave"...took my 5 minutes to figure out who the F they were talking about! Great show, tons of neat stuff to see...tried a new resin that seems MUCH better than the old stuff I was using from a company called MDK....and bought a ton of new sculpting tools. It was a fun time...and sold 3 paintings! Can't beat that!

Well I finally got back into some clay after spending so much time away just like the damn carving. Just finished a new shifter tonight done in Super Sculpy firm and regular. He's about 4x2.5"...just need to make a mold and cast him. He has that bone/stone texture to him so I'm not sure of the finishing method...

Just finished up the Skull shifter with a realistic bone finish and moving on to my new tiki sculpture.

This guy is based on the tiki in these pics....

a few hours in...done in a 60-40 mix of super sculpey and super sculpey firm.

Umm, you carved a deer antler?

patience grasshopper....every good tiki starts out as a deer antler. If you were a good carver you would know that. :wink:

you gonna Twitter this?

Great question! Yes....and you can follow my twitter on this project here....

http://www.twitter.com/davidlozeau

Hey Clysdalle,
I was at Monsterpalooza and I thought your items looked familiar! That was a great con!! I noticed your in Carlsbad. I lived there from 1968 until 1985! Great city. Love your stuff! Eliot Brodsky is having one next year too!

Hey ETG!

Monsterpolooza was great and a fun chance to meet some industry types and honestly just nerd out on all the cool masks and sculptures...and Eliot was great, I hope to be part of that event next year. Were you there displaying or attending? Thanks for checking out my stuff too!

On 2009-06-15 15:27, Enchanted Tiki Guy wrote:
Hey Clysdalle,
I was at Monsterpalooza and I thought your items looked familiar! That was a great con!! I noticed your in Carlsbad. I lived there from 1968 until 1985! Great city. Love your stuff! Eliot Brodsky is having one next year too!

L

Really like the new shifter ...like that you bounce around to so many different mediums.

And dont let Ken give you sh*t about your twittering..its just because the technology is too advanced for him :wink:

M
mp posted on Mon, Jun 15, 2009 9:13 PM

Excellent carving and art Clysdalle. Sweet Tiki Hotrod!

Thanks guys! I have a bit of art ADD and jumping around with different mediums really gives me a break and helps me stay charged up!

On 2009-06-16 06:51, Clysdalle wrote:
Thanks guys! I have a bit of art ADD and jumping around with different mediums really gives me a break and helps me stay charged up!

ANATOMY
DEFICIENT
DISORDER?
:lol:

ARTISTIC
DEBBIE
DOWNERISM?

ADD...BooHoo!
Beethoven became deaf fer cryin out loud!
:)
Glad it's at least letting you expand your talents..

I think all that twittering and stuff keeps us artists
(and you too Dave)
from creating more art and concepting and thinking and reading...
the important art stuff,y'know?

SEMPER LUDDITE!
:)

B

Lozey,

that skull shifter is the single greatest artistic achievement of our age! i MUST have one!

the other stuff is tolerable too.

uncle toe

Thanks grumpy smurf and toe!

Should have the final finish nailed down on the skulls soon but I have a big 24x36 tiki....yes, I said TIKI....commission painting that is chewing up all my time. Here is a crappy cell phone sneak peak.

Also have a few secret project in the works with a few of the big hitters on TC.....details to come soon!

Ooh, I love it already.

Jen

On 2009-06-17 09:01, Clysdalle wrote:

Also have a few secret project in the works with a few of the big hitters on TC.....details to come soon!

Looks like the secret project is drinking too much rum and fingerpainting with your eyes closed.

now that is just hurtful.........true.........but hurtful just the same.

Don't worry....some day you'll be able to see over the top of the bar and they'll serve you too!

The background looks enamel
but is the foreground with the moais also enamel?
cause it looks a lil bit different than your usual fare....

Right now the entire thing is done in acrylic....I used a water/salt technique for the background to give an underwater/strange atmospheric feel to it..and then the moai graveyard is all acrylic....

I'll be working on the main part this weekend and that will be in enamel to really make it pop....

Sorry for the delayed response to your question, but I was an attendee at the con. Loved your tiki Frankenstein sculpture! See you again next year!

C

Well every year it seems to work best asking here....looking for (2) tickets for Comic-con on Saturday or Sunday...hit me up if you have some layin around!

geek...

go twitter comic geeks central...

this is a grown-ups website..

:lol:

good luck!

I saw your stuff on deviant art... love it there.... but this stuff is even better.....

Hey Thanks Palm!!

Ok...hot of the presses....just got my first run of Tikipus shirts done and they are now in stock. M-XXL

You can grab one here...

http://www.davidlozeau.com/Gallery_Image.asp?id=TikiPus%20T-Shirt

I'll try and bring some to Oasis this year also, so swing by the booth!

Also been busy in the studio...here is a smattering of projects...

Still working on this big 24x36 painting...

and a few DOD paintings have crept out...

for a show in El Segundo this weekend....

and the main reason I can't get anything done.....damn interrupters!

Also keep an eye out for a signature jewelry design from none other than TC's favorite jewelry maker Skinny Dog at Oasis AND in the works with Tikifarm on a top secret project so get your rum ready!

Great stuff ya bin werkin' on....Totally diggin' the mixed styles with acrylics and 1 shot...keep it up, lookin' good!!

L

Love the El Segundo piece--tiki be damned! Do more of the DOD/Mexican inspired pieces. Tiki is overrated!

Thanks guys....here is a new sketch I revisited at lunch today. I've drawn him before and he's just beggin to be painted so I think it's just going to have to happen after I get a few other things done. Here is our little ocean traveler....

I know you hear this all the time, but...

[b]absolutely frigging amazing;/b]

Will comment more when I can find my jaw.
~Zero

My mail just arrived and so did the new TIKIPUS tshirts I ordered. They are awesome. Best DLo shirts yet. Don't miss out on getting one...or two...or three....

And Dave, that lunch time sketch rawks epic!

Jen

You, my friend, are a production machine..... and quality on top of that. I love all your stuff, from Deviant Art, to here and Sketch Cult... Thank you much for sharing! I generate Ideas from your stuff.. Its very creative and inspirational.

Hey thanks peeps!

Zero...Glad you dig the art! Never get tired of people telling me they like what sneaks out of my head. Now hippies....that i get tired of.

Skinny...happy your shirts go there safe and sound with a stow-away attached! I can't wait to paint that lunch sketch soon, I have had a huge push of creative ideas the last few months, now they are all fighting for time on the easel.

Palm...Man, you are like an online CSI finding me on all those sites. I'm stocked the work pushes you to get in there and mix it up...I find some much inspiration from works I see around all those sites, it's good I could give a little back.

I have a 3 day tattoo and body art festival in Pomona this weekend so I'll be live painting up a storm...I'll post up some pics when I get back!

Thanks again, I do really appreciate it.

On 2009-07-04 19:07, Clysdalle wrote:
Well every year it seems to work best asking here....looking for (2) tickets for Comic-con on Saturday or Sunday...hit me up if you have some layin around!

So did you luck out yet?

Looking cool as ever Clysdalle! That shirt is great too! I like anything octopus or hammerhead shark.

Thanks Sam!...I'm the same way, love me some octopus!

4wd....it took some hard work, but I snagged tickets and will be there on Sunday!

Ok, now for some off topic art updates.....

Well it's all been approved and gone into production so I can give TC first glimpse of Jesse James' Garage magazine T-shirt design that I just completed. Huge thanks to Amy and Jesse for being great to work with and for giving me a chance to slap my style all over it. This shirt will accompany an artist profile in the next issue and will be available at the Garage mag website.

I produced a time-lapse of the inking process which you might have seen a teaser of in my last vid. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ62pzsLqhc

holy crap....new tiki paintings!!

Finished these while live painting at the Pomona Tattoo and Body Art Festival this past weekend.....Both are still available. Enjoy!

Green with Tiki
8x10 Enamel on Clayboard

BlueTooth Tiki
5x7 Enamel on Clayboard

My art and goodies...
http://www.davidlozeau.com
See what's going on in the studio...http://www.twitter.com/davidlozeau

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2009-07-21 10:04 ]

B

Master C... You is soooo insane off the charts!! DYAM FINE stuffs Sir...

Jessie James = Dang and Shazam!!

There is definately no mistaking your stuff....when you see it, you know it was done by you....I love it!!
Great job!!!

Thanks guys! I have a bunch of new stuff I need to get done for Oasis....including a new sculpture, customized mugs and a few new paintings so keep an eye out over the next few weeks!!

H
hewey posted on Tue, Jul 21, 2009 7:59 PM

Awesome work mate, very nice as always! :D

L

Always glad to see artists I like getting rewarded with doing such high profile jobs. Congrats on that!

And fab new work as always :)

Thanks TC'ers....it was fun to get a chance to work on high profile projects that give me a vehicle to expose myself :wink: and my art to the masses....

now it's back to the studio to finish up a pile of drawings for some band shirts and more Oasis stuff!

You mean back to the audience of Schlubs like us!

And be careful exposing yourself. People get arrested for stuff like that!

Congrats on the Garage Magazine work, Clysdalle! It looks great, and you should be proud to bag that gig!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 999 replies