Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Clysdalle's art ..FINISHED...New Islander Headhunter painting complete with process pics!!.. pg.67!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 999 replies

Some new stuff.....

got this guy done....8x10 enamel on clayboard....from the tattoo design I did a while ago.

"Death is for the Birds"

And...I have a few tiki paintings in the works....but here is a study I did this week. Looks like I was possessed by LLT on this stuff WTF...that better stop..

B

Right on Clysdalle!! I love the birdie....he looks like he should be posted up on the shoulder of one of the 7 horseman :-) he would make a killa tattoo as well.

Those tikis could be bitchin mugs...Time to hook up your kiln boss!

Some great stuff on your site.

Love the pic on the intro page. That upright bass is awesome.

TT

Hmmmmm.... I feel a new tattoo coming on....

Hey thanks guys!

Babs...you're right, these would make some cool mugs I'll have to start tossing some clay around. Only downside is that where the panel is located for my electrical I can't run the kiln here. Guess I'll have to wait till the next house!

BaddT...I wish that was a stand up bass but it's a violin! I do have a panel from an old bass that I'm going to paint up for the Oceanside Day of the Dead festival in November.

Trav, are you going to get shnackered and do it yourself again like a real man? :wink:

B

I would be happy to fire your prototype mugs for you...get some clay :)

Is that a challenge?..lol

C

Babs...I'm going to have to get on it! I have clay sitting here just beggin to be molded. Looks like you are starting your own art collective down there these days....some great stuff!!

...and trav, I'll pick up the run and start sharpening needles!

I'm digging the Death is for the Birds painting. The tikis all suck. Just kidding. The LLT edge is there a little I guess. I'd still say they have your style to them.
Nice work.

I

Gorgeous awesome stuff! I love how the bird one and the black and white tikis are visceral and fun!

Take care,

I.

It looks like someone has been dipping into the ZIPFIZZ!! Nice stuff man!!

Clysdalle wrote

Looks like I was possessed by LLT on this stuff WTF...that better stop..

you WISH! :lol:

Stoked that you're re-examining Tiki after so many years of neglect!

Glad you're doodling and having fun!
The times when there are no pressures or pre-conceiving
are sometimes the best for sketching out new concepts!
I could see at least 4 of these as big carvings....or mugs!
get down to see Babs!
he's the Wizard of Clay!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Sep 3, 2008 9:13 AM

Tikis wearing glasses. Now that's something you don't see very often.

H

Bitchin' stuff bud!

C

hey thanks guys!! and when did all my tikis go blind??? I need to a do a colonel klink Tiki with a monocle!

"LLTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.........."

A huge shout out to deadbeat magazine for the 5 page spread they gave me in the current issue out now! They cover some of the best lowbrow, tiki, kustom kulture, hotrods and pinups around. They were great to work with and just keep putting out great stuff.

I'm excited to share the issue with Ivy and Tidwell! Kick ass! Swing over and grab an issue!

Here is a link to my spread!

http://webfarm.foliolink.com/Artists/11997/davidlozeau.pdf

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2008-09-18 22:31 ]

Congrats on the spread..!!!!
Well written article and great eye-candy..

That's pretty cool. How much does a five page ad in that pamphlet cost?

Buzzy Out!

H
hewey posted on Fri, Sep 19, 2008 4:29 AM

Wow, great sprea mate, congrats. Now carve some tikis! :lol:

Congrats!
less words-more pictures...
the way an art article should go....
That was a stretch comparing you with Francis Bacon.....
frankly, i don't see it....
(he's a real artist,y'know!)
wish they would've shown one of your carved Tikis....
Anyways...Congrats on that!
hopefully it'll bring more folks into the Clysdalle fold.....

B

HELL YES, brother.

def a hint of great things to come.

despite that voodoo doll that Kinny has of u in his studio.

congrats!!!

also got a BigToe voodoo doll at the studio!
and a francis bacon one too!
:lol:

Clydesdale is a stone-cold fox!

B

i never liked francis bacon...i thought he was a poseur. is he still alive?

if he is, i might go light a bag of dog-doo on fire in front of his front door, then ding-dong-ditch.

On 2008-09-19 14:04, BigToe wrote:
i never liked francis bacon...i thought he was a poseur.

AAAAAh!
Now i see why they were comparing him with Dave!

Mmmmmmmmm...baaaaaaacon

P

didn't bacon die in the 1600s? i never knew he painted just lorded over parliament.

;-P

Great stuff Dave. Congrats! Good seeing you at Planet Rooth.

Man, leave for a day and look how my thread gets all spammed up!!! :wink:

Thanks Trav and hewey! Buzzy, I'll send you the ad rates...super cheap, and you can use your Oasis pic!

LLT....the bacon comparison was a mistake....I said I like beans and franks!

Bigtoe....thanks man, just trying to pester as many people as I can and slide into every opportunity, I am your grasshopper!

Skinny and Matt...hope to see you guys again soon!!!

And now on to some more spamming! I wanted to test some time-lapse video stuff so I decided to film a Zombie roller derby poster I'm working on for a friend in Florida....here is the result!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbEBSd5g68

E

wow! i been a big fan of your art a long time now, following your posts on the sketchkult forum.
that movie is freakin rad! love the zombie..

[ Edited by: Evil-T 2008-09-20 14:47 ]

Thanks Evil! I'm really diggin your skate decks too! Another sketchkult convert!

B

Congrats on the Deadbeat spread, Dave!

Can I have your autograph, pleeeze?

B

Good for you Clysdalle!! The work is looking awesome as usual! Come down and play Master C!

Hey thanks Babs and Bowana!!

...and yes Bowana, the line for autographs starts at the front of the bar! :wink:

:wink:

G
GROG posted on Tue, Sep 30, 2008 9:25 AM

GROG gave one of your BANDITO shirts to one of the artists at work who does artwork for the Day of the Dead. He REALLY liked the shirt, but said you could tell a gringo did the artwork, because a Latino would have spelled it BANDIDO. But, what can you expect from an artist that puts 3 musicians on a shirt and calls it DOS HOMBRES, and can't even spell Clydesdale?

[ Edited by: GROG 2008-09-30 09:26 ]

this discussion has gone back and forth on the name...and bandito with a to is to my knowledge the little bandit......and is almost interchangeable with bandido....Always just haters who bring it up!!!!

...and come on....NOBODY counts the drummers.....they are all Ringos.....just a placeholder :wink:

clysdale.....well....you're right...crappy spellin

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2008-10-01 11:27 ]

I checked out the link. Very nice work and helluva win for you!

Thanks for introducing me to Deadbeat, I'd never heard of it.

Hey thanks Rob!!!

Here is something new....Just got this finished for the "Ghastly Horror" show in Long Beach. 11x14 enamel on clayboard...Order me another round 'cause the oasis surf zombie is back!

"...bottoms up!"

also...I know it's not TC friendly but I just got a commissioned for a 6 deck series from a skate park back east and this is the first design due out on Halloween.....Zombies are EVERYWHERE!!!

AND....

Here is a new sketch for a t-shirt/painting idea I'm working on...VROOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

My art and goodies...
http://www.davidlozeau.com

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2008-10-05 22:08 ]

Nice, rip off my tattoo. :roll: :P That's gonna be a killer T, I want one!

Also love the "bottom's up" painting! Vibrantly gory!

T

Nice zombie work - I do enjoy a good zombie/cocktail mix.

C

Thanks guys! And 4wd....you just wait, first I'm stealin your tats...then I'm going to knick your tikis!!

SD

Hey Red Sox Fan!

Where is that show here in the LBC?

Still a Cubs Fan!!!!!!!!!!!

B

duuuuuuude,

bottoms up...tee hee...where is his bottom??? i want to see it!

and ur gonna need to pay me royalties on the hotrod tiki one. that is my bailiwick.

oh and check out the Jan '09 Ol' Skool Rods Mag!!! Ur lil' Demon is featured prominently on page 36, right beneath ur boy Pizz!

Damn, ur all over the INTERNATIONAL HOTROD scene these days!!

hopefully see ya on saturday, ya big ROCKSTAR.

C

Hey Skinny thanks!! The show is at the underground salon...here is the info...

"Ghastly Horror" Group Show
October 11th - December 20th
Underground Salon
2172 Bellflower Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90815

Toe, thanks for the heads up on the mag....just shot over at lunch and the store still has the Nov. issue out so I'll have to wait a few days I guess. Pretty soon I'll be huge in Germany and Transylvania like you!!

I'm not sure I really "get" your work...

Amen to that,Deuce!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 999 replies