Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Clysdalle's art ..FINISHED...New Islander Headhunter painting complete with process pics!!.. pg.67!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 999 replies

ST

Thats awesome! I really like the tone on tone background design

[ Edited by: Surf tiki 2007-04-20 07:19 ]

Thanks guys.....he was a fun little painting....after seeing all that art last weekend at the Tikifarm event I'm dying to get more stuff slapped down!

Got this guy done Friday night Art jammin with Chongolio and Little lost tiki...great times!!!

30" enamel on driftwood

That enamel POPs off the wood in person! Clysdalle lays down some fast and precise brushwork! This piece was finished lickety=split! How he finished it in such a rowdy environment is pretty noteworthy! and he's a pretty nice guy!

On 2007-04-29 21:19, little lost tiki wrote:
That enamel POPs off the wood in person! Clysdalle lays down some fast and precise brushwork! This piece was finished lickety=split! How he finished it in such a rowdy environment is pretty noteworthy! and he's a pretty nice guy!

But I promise...I'm not straight edged!!! nextime I'll show you damnit!

I ove that line work you've got going on.

Very cool, Clysdalle! I never would have thought that it was a spur of the moment piece. Some fine slinging of enamel there! :)

C

thanks Frost and Samgam!!

I'm trying to get to my tiki stuff...but I keep getting sidetracked....here are the 2 newest non-tiki time killers...

first...the brush monster.....enamel on tin

and then "little Sparky" 18x24 enamel on clayboard

FU%%%%%K! It looks like your work is kicking it up another notch Clysdalle! Looking really good! I've seen the Gene Simkins painted spray paint cans and a guy I know paints altoids tins but the thinner painting is a first! Nice work on both of them, really eye popping!
S
T

To drown sorrow, where should one jump first and best? "Certainly not water. Water rusts you." -Frank Sinatra

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2007-05-11 00:36 ]

Whenever you're ready, PM me for my address for that Turpentine can. (nudge nudge wink wink nyuk nyuk nyuk!)

Kewl stuff for sure.

Wow, excellent recycle on the turpentine can, and that last one is insane!!

Thanks guys!

Sneaky and 4wheel....I'm really trying to push myself with color and highlights. After spending time with LLT at his studio and seeing what can be done...I'm just trying to get out of my comfort zone and sling some paint!!

...big hodad...I'll get that in the mail....but I warn you, he's already stolen half my brushes!

On 2007-05-11 07:26, Clysdalle wrote:

...big hodad...I'll get that in the mail....but I warn you, he's already stolen half my brushes!

Bwahahaha!!!!!!!!!! Diggit!

Holy Shnikes, that is the best paint thinner can I've ever seen. I love how you actualyy used the element that were already part of the can and brought that into your designs. Li'l sparky look like a Pollock crime scene with E.T. (that is a good thing!) Keep on trucking.

On 2007-05-11 10:50, frostiki wrote:
Holy Shnikes, that is the best paint thinner can I've ever seen. I love how you actualyy used the element that were already part of the can and brought that into your designs. Li'l sparky look like a Pollock crime scene with E.T. (that is a good thing!) Keep on trucking.

Thanks frostiki!! Now I just need to stuff a dirty rag in the hole and it would be the perfect tiki torch/small molitov cocktail!

lil Sparky Rocks!
I think i saw him whilst on Robitussin back in my youthful heyday....
I can see you're pushing the lighting more! Niiiiiiiice!
I would love to see some of your critters in some imagined landscape!
Your tikis already have an architectural/dimensional look to them.
if you applied that to a painted environment....Be-Dazzlin!
Next Art Jam we can explore that!
Keep it flowing!

B

Can painting smokes!! Love it, Love it, Love it!

On 2007-05-12 20:45, little lost tiki wrote:
lil Sparky Rocks!
I think i saw him whilst on Robitussin back in my youthful heyday....
I can see you're pushing the lighting more! Niiiiiiiice!
I would love to see some of your critters in some imagined landscape!
Your tikis already have an architectural/dimensional look to them.
if you applied that to a painted environment....Be-Dazzlin!
Next Art Jam we can explore that!
Keep it flowing!

Sounds like a plan!!

I'm working on an old time portrait style series right now with a batch of thrift store fun!! I do have a few sketches that start to lock my little dudes into settings and not just backgrounds....next jammmm-on-it!

Just got this guy done for monkeyman.....9x14 enamel on monkeypod. This guy was fun to draw..so much so I started a second one just for me!

Clysdalle.. you are the best..

That turned out REALLY cool....

I will be stoked to hang it in my south pacific room...

WOW

Thanks

T

that is AWESOME looking!! i have one of those pinapple dishes laying around....seeing this kinda makes me wish i could paint to do something as cool as this. great job on it!

Da Boy gats SKILZ

Sweet mother of all that is Tiki, you can send that to me tomorrow.

Very Cool Clys!
Now i know why it's been gettin harder to find all those wooden serving trays! :)
Did you use a smaller brush on this one-cause your detail and precision is tight!
Right on!

On 2007-05-18 14:01, little lost tiki wrote:
Very Cool Clys!
Now i know why it's been gettin harder to find all those wooden serving trays! :)
Did you use a smaller brush on this one-cause your detail and precision is tight!
Right on!

thanks guys!!

Yea, LLT...I used smaller brushes...thinned the paint more...and really tried to slow it all down. Before the black line work was add I realized how many more layers of colors I had used and how I could have used just a few more darker tones and skipped the black all together. I feel like my painting is evolving and I'm going to try and skip the black stuff in the next ones. Before the black my stuff looked like Dave Burke's paintings http://monsterfetish.com but not as tight and well done but getting there...

Thanks peeps!

ok, here is the finished Monkey Hunter platter...painted on a silver serving tray, another great thrift store find! Up close you can see the raised engraving in the background....nice effect. Used some sray can enamel for the background... 12x20

Big one here...
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/55782116/

unique. design. concepts.
http://www.dlozeau.com

Current Works...
http://clysdale.deviantart.com

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2007-05-20 20:38 ]

F

Mucho Gusto!! Still Bad @$$, I think that the engraving pattern that you can see through the enamel adds a lot to this one. Very cool.

C

That tray is freaking nice. Keep it up, sonny.

Hey - why not try painting on one of those big beer steins with the hinged lids? They come with their own ornamental borders, etc.

Hmmm.....

On 2007-05-21 10:06, Cammo wrote:
That tray is freaking nice. Keep it up, sonny.

Hey - why not try painting on one of those big beer steins with the hinged lids? They come with their own ornamental borders, etc.

Hmmm.....

hey, stop skippin ahead...on chapter at a time!!

thanks guys!

H
hewey posted on Tue, May 22, 2007 8:16 PM

I saw something very similar on sketchkult just the other day... :lol: yours is better though :D

On 2007-05-22 20:16, hewey wrote:
I saw something very similar on sketchkult just the other day... :lol: yours is better though :D

yea, that guy is a copy-kattin bastid!!! :wink:

clysdalle, excellent!

Thanks QK!!

Well I was trapped on a cross country plane ride last week...just strapped on the headphones and sketched away...here are some of the results. Enjoy!

Schweet sketches there Dave!I like the personalities of the first two-the badass warrior all proud and oozing toughness...and contrasted with the bumbling Stanley Livingston,I presume! Great perspective on the mounted Calavera! You need to bring some sketchbooks next ArtJam!!!!! Viva La Pen!

B

Really nice Clysdalle!! You got some fine talent.

H
hewey posted on Fri, Jun 15, 2007 4:30 AM

Very cool mate. LOVE the English hunter, and the skeletal mexican horserider :D :D :D

Thanks guys!

I think you'll see a few of these as paintings some day! I've been bangin out sketches now for the last few days....hit a huge well of creativity somehow in the last few weeks, just trying to ride it out!

"....yes yes I am a major generallllllll"

Dig those sketches Clydz. Especially the skelly on the horse. Quite a different feel than most of your art and still very fun to look at. Thanks for sharing them.

Chongolio

On 2007-06-15 14:10, Chongolio wrote:
Dig those sketches Clydz. Especially the skelly on the horse. Quite a different feel than most of your art and still very fun to look at. Thanks for sharing them.

Chongolio

Thanks Chong! yea this is a little different way for me to get started but I really like the ability to just ignore everything and sketch away...

F

Those sketches are great, I especially like the guy in the Pith helmet

Great seeing you and the lil' lady on Saturday night! Keep up with the sketches! They not only improve skills,but you get a huge collection of painting ideas for FREE!!! I peeked at that huge platter you painted and it is a thing of beauty...

On 2007-06-18 08:26, little lost tiki wrote:
Great seeing you and the lil' lady on Saturday night! Keep up with the sketches! They not only improve skills,but you get a huge collection of painting ideas for FREE!!! I peeked at that huge platter you painted and it is a thing of beauty...

Thanks man....great show this weekend....and I the more I think about it the more I agree every artist should do their own "Revelation" painting! again...yours was simply amazing...please box up and send to my address.

If I come to your studio and you're serving cheese and crackers off that platter there will be hell to pay!

well after many hours of digging through images and photographing work...the new website is up!!! Stop on over and check it out. Still sorting out the bugs, but online ordering should be up and running by the end of the day too. Swing in and sign the guestbook!

http://www.davidlozeau.com

Thanks!

Great website. More cute stuff please.

Nice work on the website Clysdale!

M
Moki posted on Fri, Jun 22, 2007 11:04 PM

Very nice stuff.
Needs more spam :wink:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 999 replies