Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Clysdalle's art ..FINISHED...New Islander Headhunter painting complete with process pics!!.. pg.67!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 999 replies

C

You got it!!!

It's time to give these guys some depth and carve out the details....here are the last shots before black line work!

and now it's time finish this bad boy up!! Next pictures will be finished shots!

DONE!

Good quality pic of the finished painting coming soon but here are some shots hot off the table! Stay off the road, Under the Influence is on the road!!

Very cool.....
The blue line around the top really gives a nice 3-D feel
Awesome!!

WOW! THATS A NICE PICTURE!

Great job Dave!

Thanks everyone who's followed this painting from the start! Just finished up the final scans and this baby is getting boxed up and shipped out this week. I'll have Signed and number prints and Giclees of this one for Tiki Oasis so swing on in!

Here we are....

Under The Island Influence
20x30
Enamel on Clayboard

T

Super job! That turned out great, David.

[ Edited by: Tobor64 2010-06-20 14:54 ]

Great Job David! now give it to me!

Thanks guys! Sorry punk, this one is already shipping out to it's new owner on the east coast. Sending some tiki love across the country.

T

I wouldn't want get a ride with those two but it's a great piece of art!!
Love your lines and color! Awesome job David!!

TabooDan

Nice piece Dave! Thanks for the process shots. It's cool to watch something come together. 'Bout time you painted something that actually has something to do with TIKI! (hee hee)

Thanks guys! Had to bust out some tiki work so keep the haters out of the thread! Now I can post 5 more skull paintings right?

Why don't you just zerox one painting? Who'd know?
I'm kidding,,, I'm kidding, I kid around, just kidding, I kid.
Seriously though, it looks very cool.

I have a pile of skulls already painted...I just add a hat, or a tiki or an octopus to the paintings and BAM....new art!

Very similar to things I've done with zombies. Sooo? What's next?

Well right now I have a custom motorcycle tank and fender I'm doing with an Evel Knievel / lady of Guadeloupe Theme....I'll post up some pics soon because it's that badass...after that I have some new stuff planned for Oasis!

Guadeloupe
is an archipelago located in the Leeward Islands, in the Lesser Antilles, with a land area of 1,628 square kilometres (629 sq. mi).[1] It is the first overseas region of France, consisting of a single overseas department. As with the other overseas departments, Guadeloupe is also one of the twenty-six regions of France (being an overseas region) and an integral part of the Republic since 2007.

i think you meant...
Our Lady of Guadalupe (Spanish: Nuestra SeƱora de Guadalupe, also known as the Virgin of Guadalupe (Spanish: Virgen de Guadalupe; Nahuatl: Tonantzin Guadalupe) is a celebrated Catholic image of the Virgin Mary ).

at least i hope so because she would be much more badass than an archipelago in the Lesser Antilles...

you know i kid....

i thought that Islander influence was gonna go South
until that final shadow under the vehicle popped it back into a tight piece.
threw it right back into that world you made.
Keep it rollin!
:)

A

I totally want to ride around with those guys.

B

Maybe Dave meant Our Lady of Jackeloupe??

the CLYSDALLE could make that BADASS.

Actually the next thing I'm going to make badass is my little FrankenTang character. Here is the sketch....hoping to ink him some time in the near future.

B
BigToe posted on Thu, Jul 1, 2010 1:22 PM

AWESOME!!!!!!

Just finished this new tshirt design for Anvil Bike works...2nd in the series for them...and this one was tiki themed. They wanted to stay true to there character/logo/pose so here we go...

Their logo...

Here is the tiki version....

...and a skull version

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2010-07-02 22:40 ]

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2010-07-02 22:41 ]

H
hewey posted on Sun, Jul 4, 2010 4:18 AM

Nice work mate =D

Just finished this new painting for Tiki Oasis...one of two paintings I have that are framed in metal port holes. This one is 12" round enamel on glass....another creature from the deep...

"Hold Fast"

I will also have Giclee prints of my "Under the Islander Influence" finished 20x30 painting...

and also huge Giclees of both of these paintings....

So come find me by the pool at Oasis!

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2010-07-26 14:41 ]

Nicccceeeee! David!

Thanks man!!!

Love that green Octopus!

thanks Zero! I have a huge 48"x12" Giclee of that one hanging in my studio...always one of my favorites too!

On 2010-07-27 17:41, Clysdalle wrote:
thanks Zero! I have a huge 48"x12" Giclee of that one hanging in my studio...always one of my favorites too!

Yeah there is something that attracts me to monotone or nearly monotone pieces. I struggle all the time to NOT make all my illustrations or paintings monotone! Don't know what it is about it...

V

LOVE the porthole painting! Genius! Can't wait to see it (and you) at Oasis.

Henrik

Thanks Guys! Van...I can't wait to see all you stuff in person....and then club you over the head and run off skipping away with a bag of stolen beautiful mugs! errr....um, I mean can't wait to see you at Oasis!

C

Just finished up another painting for Oasis.....this one titled "The Lost Voyage" is enamel on glass and framed in a metal port hole. This sketch has been in my book FOREVER and finally got a chance to slap him down. Enjoy! ...and look NO SKULLS!!!!

....and also keep an eye out for some new franken-zombie sculpts creeping out of the studio and should be awake at Oasis also...

See you at Oasis, David!

You got it punk!!!

Those look great Dave! Love the port hole painting. See ya at Oasis!

Thanks Doug!!

I also will have a new Franken-Zombie sculpt finished (hopefully) as well as 2 more of these if they are still available by next week!

The Wrinkled Frank Series 2 is back!!! Limited to 25
4x6

Well only one green frank left for Oasis...but look what just rolled out of the lab in time to make the voyage down. Finished, boxed and ready to roll, this limited run of Franken Zombie Shrunken Heads. Only 25 of these pickled and preserved guys will be made and each one comes wrapped in burlap and in their own traveling case from the transatlantic journey from the jungles of Transylvania 6500. Behold....

Available for purchase before Oasis for you early birds here...

http://www.davidlozeau.com/tiki_art/Zombie_frankenstein.asp

C

Here is the finished painting those of you who saw me live painting at Oasis would have seen. This one is painted on a panel I aged, carved, stained and stitched before painting...

"Send More Rum"
(or the mermaid dies!)

18x36
enamel on wood

You can see step by step pics here...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dlozeau/sets/72157624757183042/with/4949325236/

Z

Once again, freakishly amazing!!

C

Thanks man!!!

The Frankenstein monsters' head in a box is soooo cool, unique, and funky fresh!

Love "Send More Rum"! Great work Dave!

It's been a while!!! But is some new work for an upcoming show!

Here is my little painting for the Gilligan's Island show at the Tonga Hut this Sunday. You can only keep smacking someone with a hat so many times till they snap.

"Gilligan's Revenge"
8x10
Enamel, Gouache and Ink on Clayboard

"You can only keep smacking someone with a hat so many times till they snap."
:lol:

It's been a while since I got to get any tiki work done, but here is something close......just finished this Man O' War painting. 10x20 ink, gouache and enamel on canvas. I'm framing this in a custom frame built from reclaimed Indonesian boat wood since both of these things live in the same waters! Thanks for checking it out!

Clysdalle, I'm really digging these latest pieces, nicely done and thanx for posting the media your using on these, it's cool to see the variety... And hat's off for using all enamel with such depth. You and Sam are really impressive with your control of enamel, very inspirational.. I gotta do more....

Aloha,
Aaron

Hey thanks man!!! This new, more monochromatic use of the enamel is a fun new direction....and I'm trying to paint larger and larger to keep pushing myself. Get some enamel and get at it!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 999 replies