Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Clysdalle's art ..FINISHED...New Islander Headhunter painting complete with process pics!!.. pg.67!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 999 replies

Hey thanks guys....been trying to get as much done for the show as I can...and here is the last painting to sneak in under the wire......

from an early sketch favorite of tikikate.....

"Hell Comes For The Kittens"

Wow!
One of the 3 kings needs Therapy! :lol:

no no...I'm perfectly adjusted! :wink:

R

On 2007-12-10 08:15, Clysdalle wrote:
"Hell Comes For The Kittens"

HELL COMES FOR THE KITTENS! :lol: omg...I think I found my favorite piece!

That is the best thing I've ever seen!

...When Kinny isn't lookin I'll go and sneak peaks...you distract him!
Ready? BREAK! :D

Now that the show is hung...new art needs to get finished....so here is a sculpt I'm working on...he's finished and ready to be molded and cast! He's about 7" tall..

B

Way to go Dave!! Did you hook your kiln up? Mugs?

Not hooked up yet...but the girly has been making pots and such so it needs to get wired up so you can come down and give us the once over....I'm hoping to have it done right after the new year....

B

Cool, send me pics of your kiln sometime.

i didn't know Frankie had dreadlocks! :lol:
Very Cool, Mon!

Very cool...

[ Edited by: Meheadhunter 2007-12-18 11:19 ]

T

Is it going to be a mug?

Thanks guys...this one is not going to be a mug...I have a different design in the works for that...stay tuned...

On 2007-12-18 13:41, Clysdalle wrote:
Thanks guys...this one is not going to be a mug...I have a different design in the works for that...stay tuned...

Will it be cute?

Lets just say it will be cute-ish :wink: yea.....cute-ish

B

Cute-ish?....dude, - yuk!

Sorry Kate...you know me and cute art.

Talk about cute....Babs has the greatest "cute" sculpture I've ever seen....come on...the bunny centaur....What is better than that f'in thing~~

B

Just had to hose an 1/8" of dust off of this feller to get this picture....He'll look good in your Cosa now Master C...

• Merry Xmas! *
    I'll bring him over to Wheeler's Chop.

Cute? --- I'll bet you wife won't let you put him in the living room.

Jingle bells, Jingle bells...Jingle all the...

Now that is art my brother...and in return I think a little painting of him will be in order! Xmas rules!!!

...and yes, there will be some "discussions" about his placement...I will start with getting him into the living room and as long as in the end he gets in the house (my studio) I win...these are some keys to negotiations kids..feel free to right this down! :wink:

G
GROG posted on Wed, Dec 19, 2007 4:54 PM

B

SWEET BEANS!!!

Whoooooa, Now that's a Xmas card baby!!

I'm forwarding this "Rabbitaur" master piece straight out to my Grandma.

Peace, Love, and Naked Women.

Schooled by the finest.....Capt. K and Master G

[ Edited by: Babalu 2007-12-19 17:53 ]

C

Ok, some new stuff. For fans of the Day of the Dead, or of my creepy art...my new t's are up and ready for purchase with paypal on my site...$25 shipped

Here is the Linky ....just click the little [i] box to order

Keep an eye out for some a new "shruken sculpture" project to be posted soon.

C

Just got this guy finished tonight. This was the first time I used an armature for the body and the first time I tried anything this big. He's about 14" high. I did a step-by-step flickr set of the process for anyone who is interested...So here he is...."The Island Hunter"

The flickr step by step set is HERE

Thanks for checking it out!

Truly creepy how alive he looks, and how he seems to be looking right at me!

[ Edited by: 4WDtiki 2008-01-04 19:30 ]

T
teaKEY posted on Fri, Jan 4, 2008 8:04 PM

I don't know what is more amazing, that figure or the fact that you made it.

MR

Very cool. How much time do you figure that took to make? Very nice style.
Cheers.

Thanks guys! and yes his eyes DO follow you around....well he does not have eyes but the hollow slit where they would be follows you around!

Matt...I think the actual sculpt was about 8 hours and then another 2 or 3 for finish work and the base...all in all around 15 I would guess..

Very Nice sculpt.....I really dig the position of him....looks very animated....Great job....

Wow looks like our Xmas Card this year.

brilliant work yet again

H
hewey posted on Sat, Jan 5, 2008 7:32 AM

Amazing work, absolutely awesome. How long till we see your mexican skulls in 3D?

G
GROG posted on Sat, Jan 5, 2008 11:24 AM

That's nice, Clysdalle. Very animated pose. GROG like.

Very Awesome Dave!
great solidity of stance with a pre-movement tension goin on there!
Can't wait to "accidently" tip it over at the Closing Reception tonight!
and How did you get those feathers so lifelike?
:lol:
Now i wanna see a "Mares of Diomedes" sculpt!

C

Here is a pic of the finished Frank cast....I have resin coming this week so I can start to get a him out there.

I also finished up my toothy tiki clay sculpted tonight...ready for me to make ANOTHER mold! This one is for Tiki-Kate saying I never do anything cute!

B
Babalu posted on Mon, Jan 7, 2008 9:12 PM

Got to watch Clysdalle working on this skull sculpt on Saturday...Dave you work very quick and very efficiently...This Sculpty clay is some interesting stuff...bravo!

Very Cool....Sign me up for 1 of each!! I used to make shiftknobs also...Alot of fun...Its really cool seeing your first cast come out of the mold...And then before you realize it....you'll have all these crazy heads staring at you...Kinda Kreepy!!! Anyway, those turned out very nice!!

Thanks guys...and yes...I know that little army feeling and it creeps me out! :wink:

R

Yeah your sculpture are really nice! I especially liked the one at the closing reception! very cool!

You use Sculpey? I love that stuff :lol:

can't wait to see them all finished! especially that "cute" one for Kate!

B

Nice Frankie! Looking forward to seeing a painted one.

Oh crap Dave! I am sooo going to buy a Dos Hombres T shirt from you. Would you bring some to the next Chop so I can check the sizes? Being the scrawny little weasel that I am, I am hard to fit. Why are they the Dos Hombres, when there are tres of them? Gracias.

C

On 2008-01-08 22:18, Bowana wrote:
Nice Frankie! Looking forward to seeing a painted one.

Oh crap Dave! I am sooo going to buy a Dos Hombres T shirt from you. Would you bring some to the next Chop so I can check the sizes? Being the scrawny little weasel that I am, I am hard to fit. Why are they the Dos Hombres, when there are tres of them? Gracias.

I should have a few more by then...no problem!

And they called "Dos" because like the ringo, the drummers never really count...just taking up space :wink: But not you squid!

Wow!! Clysdalle...I haven't been around in awhile & popped by to do some 'catching up' tonight....you have some really amazing stuff here!!! I always enjoy your art!

C

Hey thanks Ticklish welcome back!!! I've been trying to keep working and get stuff done...

I have 2 new resin sculps that I'll post up in the next day or soon...but till then, a new t-shirt design. Sending off to printer and should have them done in a few weeks! Enjoy!

My art and goodies...
http://www.davidlozeau.com

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2008-02-08 15:58 ]

H
hewey posted on Fri, Feb 8, 2008 3:58 PM

Love the new shirt design :D How much is shipping to Oz?

C

Looks like 30 bucks or so for shipping.....damn, you should just come over for a month and do some shoppin!!

H
hewey posted on Fri, Feb 8, 2008 4:11 PM

On 2008-02-08 16:01, Clysdalle wrote:
Looks like 30 bucks or so for shipping.....damn, you should just come over for a month and do some shoppin!!

Planning on it in a couple of years :D :D Till then, the postie is my friend :D

C

sounds good..I'll let you know when they are printed and we'll get the postie to take care of business!

So cool, Clysdalle - you have a style all your own - perfectly recognizable as your work instantly. Keep up the great stuff!

C

Thanks Sambo! That means a lot coming from the 1shot master himself!

Wow! All so great!
I reeeeeeallly LOVE the Toothy Tiki!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 999 replies