Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Clysdalle's art ..FINISHED...New Islander Headhunter painting complete with process pics!!.. pg.67!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 999 replies

More stuff for the Tiki farm sale.....

New sugar skull shifters.....in process...

Here it is after being coated with some primer and then pulling a wax text cast...

Great stuff Clysdale! I'm digging the orange bandito - I can hear the mariachi music now... Hey what's wrong with kitten heads??? :wink:

On 2008-03-25 20:42, Clysdalle wrote:
More stuff for the Tiki farm sale.....

New sugar skull shifters.....in process...

Well.. I think you know how I feel about those!

DO WANT!

hahaaaaa....yea, I thought you would dig those....should have some cast and painted in the next few weeks!

F

great shifters and banditos, I haven't checked your thread out in a while and I come back and you have tons of great new stuff up here that keeps getting better all the time.

visit us at http://www.frostiki.com

[ Edited by: frostiki 2008-04-08 08:11 ]

FB

How are those shifters coming?

C

hey guys...thanks! I've been busy trying to get all my show stuff planned....and take care of a few small projects so I can finish up the skulls, flat black's tatty, and start my zombie paintings for Oasis....

here is a sneak peak of a project I hope to have done for oasis!

T

Did you get Billy's approval for that fez? :D

C

hahaha...I know...I'm sure I'm going to get the "we're not a cult" lecture from somebody :wink:

got to get that secret handshake and the pixie dust...

I love a cool zombie painting! Very nice ink, Clysdale!

Aloha Clysdale! The zombie is cool an havin a good ol time! Your art is excellent , thanks for sharin,Aloha, Mooney

Thanks TCers!!

I'm getting ready to do a rash of zombie themed paintings that I'll have for Oasis....as soon as I can get caught up with everything else. I can't believe two of my favorite things, tiki and zombies are going to get to walk hand in hand! Look out fear of the undead!

tikis and zombies?
what about Calaveras?
:lol:

But all my posting of Calaveras stuff gets slammed when I post it here as non-tiki by some jerk :wink: zombies seem to have a chance....

The start of the Zombie painting looks great.

Can't wait to see this new wave of stuff.

F

More please! The Zombie is great and apparently from the soviet block, based on the hammer and sickle fez.

I just lost all my process pics but I'll shoot some tonight and get them up here....on the new 8' surfboard! I was going to have plenty of time to work on him but now he needs to be done for the Gasoline Gallery "California Screamin" show in 2 weeks....yikes.

aloha clysdalle! Listen my friend your Art is really cool! Ya i know it's a tiki site but we all have our Tiki style and what moves and shakes us . Mine are Waves(surfin) and that makes my flow with my carving, so dont take it hard and KEEP creating more of that Aweasome Art you do! Aloha, your friend Mooney

Thanks Mooney!!!

Here are some progress shots (or where I am now after loosing my early shots) of the 8' surfboard....

"Make Mine a Zombie"

background base is done....now blocking in large areas of color...

blocking in guts is fun!!

H
hewey posted on Wed, Apr 16, 2008 7:56 PM

Kool, love your 'boards man :D

F

More please, the board is starting off very cool. I can't wait to see the finished product.

hurry up!
is there a tiki somewhere on the board?

Oh man, I think I'm going to like this one better then the other one!

Nice trailing entrails can't wait to see how those come out. No pun intended. I been diggin' those painted boards man.

I can't wait to see this piece take shape... I too like a good zombie painting!

thanks everyone! This is going to be a sprint to the finish...with the tikifarm sale on Saturday I'm loosing a big chunk of the weekend so Sunday thru the week the paint will be flying! I'll make sure I keep posting pics as the dead start to rise up...I can hear Vincent Price in the background right now.....and no, not the lame thriller Vincent Price, but House on Haunted Hill Vincent Price....

Ok, lost painting time on Saturday with the Tikifarm sale...and I lose time this coming Saturday with the Back to the Beach show in Ventura so basically only about 5 painting days left....banged out about 5 hours today....here is some more progress....

Most of the large blocks of color are in place...now starting to build up the detail...add some definition to the guts and veins!

...and some sexy legs!

close up of some detail....

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2008-04-20 20:46 ]

Looking more cool and morbid by the post!

Thanks Sam! can't wait to start adding more and more veins and splatter...this stuff is always really fun to paint...stay tuned for more pics!

H
hewey posted on Mon, Apr 21, 2008 9:52 PM

sweeeeeet :D

I like the color choices - the blue flesh and green shirt red pants - plus pink guts all work nicely.
The Zombie has a great animated/comic book look, - sheesh, he's gotta be about life size too!
The details are very sweet! Veins and ragged flesh, all looking great. It's a masterful piece.
Are you thinking of going in with one more lighter shade of blue? It might make some of the cool
details pop. Not necessary, but just a thought.

Love it! It's gonna rock at Voodoo Zombie Island! (It should be on stage while The Ghastly Ones play!)

Hey Shark...thanks man...and yes...you are going to see at least 2 more shades of color on the blue and just about everything else. I love carving out detail with the shades of color, reminds me a lot of carving wood just more precise. I never really start to "like" or enjoy a painting until the later stages of detail, but that is probably true for most artists.....

ok, painting like crazy trying to get this bad boy done...more detail tonight adding some contrast into the blues, a bit on the fez and also the organs....mmmmmmm organs....

here are a bit bigger pics so you can see the detail...

damn camera strap....

Oh yeah, I dig the darker blue shade. And the gums! Ha, great stuff! Of course the aloha shirt is awesome. I love this step by step, seeing it become art!

H
hewey posted on Tue, Apr 22, 2008 9:17 PM

Looking sweet mate :D

What brushed do you use? (some pics would be great!)

Damn that thing is looking wicked!

Creeptacular! Why didn't the zombie cross the road? He didn't have the guts..Blah ha ha.

ST

Looking killer, was that a gun?

thanks guys......SurfT I don't think it's a gun....it's an old custom 70's board that had a glassed in fin. Donated by a long time surfer who I still thinks it's going to go back to his house when I'm finished!

Tonights work...I know it doesn't look all that different but added some blue and green highlights, worked on the zombie drink and some tidbits here and there...

the color on the green shirt is waaaay off in these pics...

H
hewey posted on Thu, Apr 24, 2008 5:23 AM

Loving:

• Eyeballs in the drink
  • shrunken head looking swizzle
  • lighting detail on the fez

:D :D :D

double-post....oops!

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2008-04-24 08:47 ]

Diggin how the zombie's coming out!
You're stepping it up a notch!
and you're a beautiful human being.......

Visit http://www.kenruzic.com
http://www.myspace.com/kenruzicdotcom
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=19904&forum=18&start=1230&1240
Thanks

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2008-04-24 08:47 ]

(tear rolling down the cheek)

Well thank you BFF!!

ok, home stretch...has to be done by tuesday night...here is some more detail shots and the start of the black line work...

a close up detail of the swizzle stick..

final blocking in of color for the floor boards...

and this is the beginning of the black line...really pops everything out...mmmm juicy eyeball anyone?

B

Dang Cly! The surfing dead! Yeah!

That detail work just sets that right off.... Looking fine Clysdale! I can smell the enamel while looking at those close-ups!

Thanks Babs and Sam!

...and yes... the fumes are thick in my studio....mixed with the heat of the last few days - I hope somebody finds me in there if I pass out!

H
hewey posted on Mon, Apr 28, 2008 9:21 PM

You pumped this one out double quick - nice work! :D

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 999 replies