Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Clysdalle's art ..FINISHED...New Islander Headhunter painting complete with process pics!!.. pg.67!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 999 replies

C

On 2008-06-03 14:28, 4WDtiki wrote:
Chop's coming up - your chance to get back in Ken's good graces and carve a TIKI!

hahaha...I've been in ken's good graces.....it made me feel dirty...and a little sticky :wink:

I'm excited to carve it's been a while and I have a great idea for my carving but it's not going to make him any happier :P

sigh.....

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jun 3, 2008 2:41 PM

Is it a bunny rabbit? That would make Babalu (and maybe Kate) happy.

double sigh.......

T

On 2008-06-03 14:41, GROG wrote:
Is it a bunny rabbit? That would make Babalu (and maybe Kate) happy.

Probably not. Because if he made a bunny, it's head would more than likely be impaled on some sort of metal spike or something...

Sigh.

C

come on....it's not all bad :wink:

I promise one of these days I'm going to do something soooo cute, just for kate...that it will ooze sugar and baby tears!

till then how about a new ink sketch :wink: did somebody order a zombie!

T

Okay Man. You might be able to get away with this zombie thing until after Oasis, but after that if I don't see any tikis, we're voting this thread over to Beyond. :D

C

I will flood this thread with tikis!!! You just wait!!

...and maybe a zombie too.

12 pages without a decent tiki!
You better make a LOT of them
after Oasis!
In the meantime folks-
if you're looking for tikis
AND occassional Cuteness....
the LLT thread will be more than happy
to accomodate you!
Check back here in about 2.5 months!
:lol:

C

"...without decent tiki" well that is not the sunshine up the bum that is required for all threads on TC! Tell me my stuff rules!!!! :wink:

man, beaten down by the art police...off to paint something with big eyes and a wood grain!

YAY!
your TIKI stuff rules!
Tough Love Tiki Art Police Over and Out!

TIKIS DE MUERTOS(c)!!!!

On 2008-06-03 14:52, Clysdalle wrote:
come on....it's not all bad :wink:

I promise one of these days I'm going to do something soooo cute, just for kate...that it will ooze sugar and baby tears!

LOL, nice.

So the final payments of my Harley are being paid today, so by the end of the month I should have the scratch to get started on the outline. Can't wait!

B

where the HAIL are the TIKIS MUERTOS! i need one!!!

On 2008-06-17 11:19, BigToe wrote:
where the HAIL are the TIKIS MUERTOS! i need one!!!

you came to the right place....
Tikis ARE dead on THIS thread!

I love that hot rod art! Great stuff Clysdale!

Ok....hold on....believe it not......an f'in tiki painting!!!!! Take that LLT!!!!

Just finished this guy up at the deadline for Freakout show in Costa Mesa this weekend...hope to see everyone there!! Details here http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=28746&forum=17&135

"The Islander Spring Cleaning"
1shot on clayboard
14x11

some detail shots...

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2008-07-13 19:32 ]

B

Right on Master C....those native dudes look like few farmer relatives of mine :)

A hysterical masterpiece....I love it!!!

Thanks vamp! It was fun to get back to some tiki work...

On 2008-07-13 19:23, Clysdalle wrote:
Ok....hold on....believe it not......an f'in tiki painting!!!!! Take that LLT!!!!
"The Islander Spring Cleaning"
1shot on clayboard
14x11

some detail shots...

YAY!
Clysdalle finally did a Tiki painting! Your membership can now be re-instated! :lol:
Like the theatrical depth you give it with the vegetation
and the textures on the tools and the funny natives....
MORE! MORE!
One question,tho.....
It looks more like an Polynesian Gulliver's Travels..
i don't get the Spring Cleaning....
please explain.....
I'm confused!
(as usual)

is it just me ....or is the nose waaaaaaaaaaaay phallic? :)

Visit http://www.kenruzic.com
http://www.myspace.com/kenruzicdotcom
Why are you reading this? Move along Private!

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2008-07-14 09:34 ]

Yea, they are a little penisy I guess :)

you never answered my question......
BigToe sez that they're Spring Cleaning by pulling the Tiki down and adapting a new Tiki-less system?
or carving a new one for the new year?
still reminds me of Gulliver's Travels.......
is Penisy a word? :lol:
Can't wait to this and the other work on Saturday!

oops my bad....I think it's a ode to the tearing down of the very foundations of your culture....to make room for a walmart. ;P

My art and goodies...
http://www.davidlozeau.com

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2008-07-15 09:21 ]

i thought you just hated Tikis
and wanted to tear them all down
and set up some Calaveras
in their place.....
my bad! :)

shhhhhhhhh....don't let my secret out. I'm going to do a whole series of tikis being tortured and treated poopy.

Dude, I love the new tiki, it's freakin' rad.

I will know tomorrow if the needle poking will start. (car might be sold)

If not, I'm going to go back to crying myself to sleep at night waiting for that day of car payment freedom.

On 2008-07-25 13:41, Flat Black wrote:
Dude, I love the new tiki, it's freakin' rad.

I will know tomorrow if the needle poking will start. (car might be sold)

If not, I'm going to go back to crying myself to sleep at night waiting for that day of car payment freedom.

Hey thanks man! Hope you can start getting stabbed soon :wink:

Here is another tiki painting!!! I know I know....LLT must by tearing up by now. Just finished this guy as I try and get some stuff ready for Oasis....he's cut out of half inch mdf. It's a rework of a painting I did a while ago and I'd wanted to revisit the mask for a while now.

"The Monkey Hunter"
enamel on board
10x22"

H
hewey posted on Sun, Jul 27, 2008 8:51 PM

Very nice mate :D And good to see TIKIS :lol: :D

thanks man!...and come on, it's mostly tiki :wink: it's made of wood for christ sakes!

wow....
2 tiki paintings in the past 4 months.....
you're hardcore....

you're just an angry man....nothing is ever good enough for you....I already have a dad you know :wink:

On 2008-07-28 10:03, Clysdalle wrote:
you're just an angry man....nothing is ever good enough for you....I already have a dad you know :wink:

But do you have an Angry stepdad? :lol:
Just tryin to get you back on the Tikitrack Dave!
Tough love....
and this is TIKI central y'know! :)

How long can one live off a Tiki painting before he gets flogged? or should I just grab the paint pen, splatter some color and call it a study :wink: DONE. Two more months of TC paid for!

ok, Time to break the Tiki streak at 1 :wink:

I'm doing a series of the Cut-outs...Along with the Monkey Hunter I just finished up this skull. I think I'm going to have a custom booth sign made and have this as the centerpiece but I'm not sure...

1shot on mdf
14x12

H
hewey posted on Thu, Jul 31, 2008 9:45 PM

Looks great mate! Yeh, that in the centre of a nice big banner/scroll would look awesome :D

SD

I want to make him a pendant!

C

On 2008-08-01 08:39, Skinny Dog wrote:
I want to make him a pendant!

I know....I've totally flaked on getting you my design ideas...I suck.....stupid flighty artists! Let me know what you need and I'll get it to you!

Something new from the studio....it's not tiki but it's still right at home surrounded by glass floats and beachcomber's treasures...

This was a fun painting and look, no skulls! I have a pile of sketches and having a big LLT surfboard squid vs. octopus battling in my living room, it was only a matter of time till they started to sink in. So without delay...

"Underwater Curiosity"
6x24
Enamel on Clayboard

Very nice Dave!
Glad to see you peeking outside the box a bit!
Great color and movement
(but you already know that!)
where da bubbles?

Thanks LLT....and no bubbles because he's deeeeep underwater.....and using a re-breather :wink:

I have a few studies that didn't make the cut on this format but I think I'm going to do a few more....I love the swirly nature of the 8 legged freaks.

Nice Octopod tentacles! The thing is so big he could not be caught on one canvas! Monstrously wonderful!

TT

love the eight-cat... is that measurement in feet?

O

that is so fucking cool! I love the color and the painterly broken up background with the very graphic octopus. Man, that is just too cool.

C

Thanks Guys!

Chongo....don't worry I have 23 more clayboards to capture him full size! :D

Trav, although it would make a kickass mural...it's inches....6"x24"

OceaOtica thanks for checking out my stuff and welcome to the thread!

H
hewey posted on Tue, Aug 5, 2008 8:26 PM

That looks awesome mate! Great use of colour, layout, and texture. Awesome!

TT

Im up for a mural if you are!

find us a 20 foot wall and some ninjas and it's on!!! The ninjas are for security...and they can carry twice their weight.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 999 replies