Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

NEW Benzart Black Jade Marq 3-6-14

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 1,136 replies

CA

#@!U^$^%$^(&$%!@*!! this kid rocks!

C

beautiful. the Jade loves you!

That manaia has some BIG MAGIC in there!
Classic but all BENZ!

A
amate posted on Sat, Nov 28, 2009 3:59 PM

It always takes me a minute to recover when I view your thread. Amazing stuff!

Benzart - King of the Micro Carves!

Nice work BEN! They get smaller and smaller!

B

Thanks Jonesey , Jerome,Ellly, Surfin, Mango, C'Al and Clarita,, L'il LostTiki, amate and Lake Surfer too, I just spent an hour answering all your posts, props and comps, Thanks Big time, I clicked on a wrong button and had to start over, Dammmmit!
Anyway this Manaia is finally complete and is looking for a home.
Here are some final photos.

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Dec 1, 2009 5:37 AM

:)

T

Wow Benz. Man that's nice. And look at all those goodies in the background. You giving someone a basket of treasures? :) I especially like the contrast of the smooth figure with the rough surface on this pendant.

That is a true treasure, no other word desrcibes it adequately.

Aloha!

Marcus

you never cease to suprise!! beautiful pendent there benz!!! cheerz!!!

L
laojia posted on Tue, Dec 1, 2009 9:16 PM

Now that this magnificent piece is finished you'll be able to tackle this mountain of pretty material located below ... :o :roll:

J.

B

Thanks for the smiles GMAN.

TheBigT, Thanks for the props, it took me awhile to decide on that background, glad you like it.

Thanks Aweulekuula, glad you like him.

BIGTikiScott, Appreciate your kind words too.

Laojia,
Thanks, Yes, I can't wait to see that small, Huge mountain go away.

Thanks everyone for all the positive energy over this little guy, for now he's heading over to the Marketplace.

Exotic and Beautiful, what a perfect work of art.

B

Thanks Wendy, Appreciate the kind words.

Heres the other jade guy I finally finished.

T

I can't even comprehend carving detail on that scale...

B

thanks BigT, It's Eazy, Just get a magnifying glass ans sum tiny tools and carve small and pray it stays together for ya.

BD

benz,

great to see you've come back from the injury so well. as always your pieces are stunning and should be an inspiration to carvers out there. great job.

bd

Awesome work mate. I forget how small they are until I se them beside the rulers.

B

On 2009-12-07 20:23, Benzart wrote:
thanks BigT, It's Eazy, Just get a magnifying glass ans sum tiny tools and carve small and pray it stays together for ya.

That's not what I call "easy"... and you don't say everything: you forgot to mention the Benzo touch that's so impossible to have.

Excellent maori stuff, Sir.

Bennno.

OMG!

I can't believe the level of detail you managed to put into that. This is amazing!

Aloha!

Marcus

J

I didn't realize how small those were untill I saw the scale. Incredible...

B

Thanks for the kind words Big Daddy.

Thanks irishcarver, I didn't realize either till I set them by the rulers. Somehow they just seemed bigger!

Benella, Thank you too, though it really IS easy and that "Benzart touch" you speak of CAN be had, all it takes is finally getting close to learning patience after 20 years of carving impatiently. :D

Aweulekuula, thanks, though the detail is minor compared to what you can do with ivory and bone, the jade is more magical. Glad you like!

Thanks JP, I've posted several photos of this guy and you are right, nothing shows the size like this ruler shot, it just Doesn't seem that small.

Thanks again everyone, and I apologize for being so scarce around TC lately, just haven't been able to be here much but will try to do better.

S

Sick Benz! still the Master i see.
Love the Manaia.

B

Thanks Seeks, I just put him on eBay a few days ago Look HERE
Not sure about the Master stuff as there is Still Way too Much left to learn! Thanks anyway, I appreciate your comps.
Merry Christmas

C

Soo little and beautiful! yes master stuff for sure :)

Your latest jade pieces are gorgeous, Benz- no surprise there!

Merry Christmas, buddy. Hope all is cool down there in Florida~!

Cheers~

Andy

B

Thanks Clarita and Tiki Joe's POP I appreciate the comps.

I haven't been around much recently and hopefully that will change now that X-mas is done. I started out to make a pendant for Sherry for X-mas and half way through decided to add a matching pair of earrings. My first earring lesson? You cannot match 2 pieces that have even a tiny bit of detail. Of course the design I had chosen for the pendant wasn't a simple one but not too bad either. I could Not post photos of it for fear of Sherry seeing them and I didn't even photograph them until after she had opened the package.
So here they are.

Beautiful lil' gems~

A
AKUAE posted on Tue, Dec 29, 2009 1:49 AM

Benzart - wonderful works here
great carves with so much details
bye
Akuae

Z
Zaya posted on Tue, Dec 29, 2009 8:56 AM

Ben, they're beautiful! I bet Sherry was so surprised!! I can't imagine how hard it was to make them look so similar, but you did an amazing job. I guess the matching ring and bracelet are next? :) I hope that your Christmas was great, and that you and Sherry have a Happy New Year!

Zaya

Lucky gal, that Sherry!
Nice work Ben!

Hope your holidays are merry... and all the best to you in 2010!

these are beautiful benz!!! your jade work is off the hizook!!! cheerz!!

Really a nice, nice, nice set of jade Ben. I'm sure Sherry was a very happy girl.

L

Hey BenZ!

Very nice earing and pendant set!
It is now several months since my wife asked me to make earrings that would go with his hei Matau ... After this first lesson I feel compelled to do something...:lol:
Thank's for sharing inspiration!

Cheers!

J.

G
GMAN posted on Wed, Dec 30, 2009 4:23 AM

Ola Benno. These are tight. I'm sure she is loving these! Beautiful!

B

Thanks Freddie, good to see you stopping by.

Akuae, Thanks for the props.

Zaya Thanks, Yes she was Very surprised and yes it was hard and NO NO ring and bracelet!! :P

Thanks Lake, you can do this once your hand heals!

Thanks Big tiki scott, Appreciate all the support.

Thanks Mango, Yes she was Happy with them.

Jerome, Thanks and now it's your turn, Lets see those earrings???

GMAN, Yes, Thanks :lol: :o

Yesterday I had to get into something different and found this cool little piece of jade Someone sent me and I don't remember who. But Thanks whoever you are!

C

Nice new one!
And that jade set for Sherry it's SOOOO great, it shows it's pure love turned into stone,
thanks Mrs Benzart for keeping this guy safe and loved :)

Wow! That face looks like it was carved from NZ kokopu jade. The expression is both stern and severe at the same time. You balance the expressions in your work so well it is astounding.

Aloha!

Marcus

B

Thanks Clarita, I passed your story on to Sherry
and she says she must be doing OK as I'm still here! :P :o

Aweulekuula, Thanks fir the kind words,, When things come together like that it usually means the Ancients were playing around again so I don't get the credit!! Darn it! As for the jade I can;t for the life of me remember who the hanks Clarita, Yes Sherry is doing well and I passed her your message doner was, But I know it came from either NZ or SO Cal and both Kokopu jades are beautiful. WHOEVER sent me this stone please speak up???

Meanwhile I finished the carving on this little guy but I'm going to have t wrap the head to old the cord since he is too small do drikk correctly and the wrapping will end up looking like a fez maybe.

C

beautiful!
HAPPYHAPPYHAPPY new year to you guys!

J

Gorgeous! Your work just keeps getting smaller and smaller. Pretty soon I am going to need a magnifying glass just to see what is on the screen. But even as your work gets smaller, you still manage to keep the detail level up.

JP

L
laojia posted on Sat, Jan 2, 2010 1:42 AM

JP find the right word: Gorgeous!
If nobody claims it, he will be welcome here... :roll: :P :wink:

Cheers!

J.

B

Thanks Clarita, Love your Smiles I Know you are waering.

Johnny thanks, I appreciate that, Have no fear though as I will not b going any smaller any time soon. It's just that I have these small slivers of different material I hate to toss out. This kokopu is quite rare stuff and it was calling and challenging me.

Thanks Jerome, you Always find posotove things to say no matter what I do. :P
so far you are the only one who has made claims on this guy so he may be making the trip to France, We'll have to see how the lashing turns out.

B

It would be nice if we could get some warm weather so I could go into my garage!

T

On 2010-01-07 12:01, Benzart wrote:
It would be nice if we could get some warm weather so I could go into my garage!

You're tellin me! The little jade piece looks like the size of one of those urchin needles. Killer work. You're gonna ruin your eyesight on that little stuff ya know... :P :P

P
pdrake posted on Thu, Jan 7, 2010 7:41 PM

P
pdrake posted on Thu, Jan 7, 2010 7:48 PM

i know how you feel, though, ben. as soon as i get insurance i'm going to have to have my eyes tested. i'm pretty sure i'm due for some specs.

BENZ!!! BEEEENNNNZZZZZ!!! WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO WIT YOU!!! you crank out awsome stuff always and it get smaller and smaller and..... lol!! its mind blowin now that we know how u save ur eyesite and see what ur doin how the hell you keep ur hand so steady!!!??? cheerz!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 1136 replies