Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

NEW Benzart Black Jade Marq 3-6-14

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 1,136 replies

L
laojia posted on Fri, Jan 8, 2010 7:52 AM

On 2010-01-07 12:01, Benzart wrote:
It would be nice if we could get some warm weather so I could go into my garage!

Me too, me too... only 32°F in the workshop! Fortunately I can do a little chip on my desk. :wink:

J.

S

To cool Benz. Love the diff color.

What's up? Are your carvings now so small that we can't even see them?

B

Thanks everyone for all the kind words. I know My Bad for being away so long but I've been wimped out with this cold crap, just can't handle my shop in the 30's.
Conga you didn't see the small guys I posted the other day? Maybe you need to get with Perry and use his magnifiers. :o
I'll be back in the shop tomorrow and I might show you guys some stuff then.
:lol:

Looking forward to seeing your new creations Ben. That cold weather was enough to last all of us Floridians till next Winter.

B

Thanks Mango, Yes the cold spell was nasty for ma anyway. My fingertips are just about healed from all but 3 being cracked. Anyway I spent a couple days in the shop cleaning up and getting things back in order.. Why is it when I'm not there for a couple weeks it looks like there was a major party in there. I Have been to the rock and gem club slabbing out some jade rocks for me and a friend so all has not been lost and there is some pretty stuff to work with.

F

Nice Benz, can't wait to see what you do with this stuff
Regards
Flynny

B

No excuse not to show some top shelf masterpieces now !

Bennno

mmmmmm, that pork loin and hard boliled eggs looks GOOD!

I can't wait to see what comes of this! Glad to see you're puttin' your membership in the Rock Club to good use.

SWEEET!!! LOTS O GOODIES!!! lots to do now!!!!! cheerz!!

S

Some nice looking rocks there too boot.

Yes, now that you have sent the frigid air back up here where it belongs, back to work with you!

Nice slabs of rock Ben, looking forward to the magic you work on them!

L

Glad to see you back! HappyHappyHappy! This rock slab rocks! :D :D :D

On 2010-01-25 11:09, Benzart wrote:
Anyway I spent a couple days in the shop cleaning up and getting things back in order..

Yeah! You dare to show us pictures of the studio that is now ranked? :P :o :P

On 2010-01-25 13:04, surfintiki wrote:
mmmmmm, that pork loin and hard boliled eggs looks GOOD!

Haha ! Surfintiki rules! :lol:

Have a nice day!

J.

T

On 2010-01-19 14:49, congatiki wrote:
What's up? Are your carvings now so small that we can't even see them?

Now that's funny.

Looks like you're gonna be making some real gems out of those rocks. :wink:

B

Thanks Big T, hope so.

Well I got side tracked again,, Here is my laptop as it currently sits on my desk waiting for a little inverter card and cooling fan)(&$%^(&&&#_$^&*$# and then some.\

Laptop not looking as good as the workshop, perhaps you should try to slip a small jade carving next to the motherboard for good luck before you put it back together and seal it up again.

Can't you just CARVE the pieces you need?!!! he he

HOLY #!!@ &^#% THATS CRAZY!!!! U ARE DEF THE MASTER OF SMALL STUFF I WLD NEVER EVER IN A MILLION YEAR GET THAT PUTER BACK TOGETHER AGAIN!!!! cant belive it still wrks to make ur current posts!!!! lol!!! good luck wit dat and man u got sum toolidge!!!! cheerz benz!!!! u da man!!!

C

So, did you kill your laptop? :)

B

Well I got it all back together with no left over parts or screws and still no go, I think the motherboard is unhappy. The carved parts I did didn't work and neither did the jade heart I slipped in next to the motherboard so I guess it's dead, Dead and gone

T

Laptop repair?! You are a brave man... I don't even like changing the battery! :lol:

B

Well I Finally was able to go out to my garage without freezing to death. Cool weather sucks. I have several jobs to do and many to finish. I got started on a jade piece I had roughed out Way back when Tama and Paipo were twisting my arm into carving jade. I started it and got busy on something else and so it went into "the box". Well it came out last week. It is Australian Black "Cowell" jade I believe, don't remember for sure. It's a Benzart version of a Hei-Tiki and loosely at that. Hope you like it. He is almost finished,with just a day or two left or was it right?

Heres also some other pieces that I'm toying with and need to get done, most have been hanging around too long.

Hope you like these.

B

Wow, Benz, that Hei Tiki is SHWEEET!

I'm interested to see what you will do with that skull. Stick shifter maybe?

Bowie

L

On 2010-02-23 20:14, Benzart wrote:

WOW! Yeah!!! Finally... after how much years in the "box"?!? :o This is the perfect player, I love especially the work on the tongue, a lot of relief ... the cat's eyes are also very nice... A spring masterpiece!
And you make a trip back in woodworking! :D it's really spring soon! :D :D :D

Cheers sensei carver!

J.

benz!! the brack jade heitiki is of the hizook!!! and a wooden skull who wulda thunk it!!! cant wait to see this!!!! cheerz benz!!!

G
GMAN posted on Wed, Feb 24, 2010 4:19 AM

Daaaaaaayum!

Hey...I thought the old master had gone back to carving pelicans.
Looks like a pretty nice selection of things to finish up, glad
you are feeling better. This isn't the same place when you are
under the weather.

B

Morning Boss,

The work looks over the top amazing as always sir. Sorry to hear that that damn cold weather has been keeping you off the bench...hell, it's cold here too.

A
amate posted on Wed, Feb 24, 2010 3:41 PM

On 2010-02-24 05:26, congatiki wrote:
Looks like a pretty nice selection of things to finish up, glad
you are feeling better. This isn't the same place when you are
under the weather.

Ditto what Conga said. I can see you haven't lost the Benzart magic. Beautiful work sir!

B

Nice work Benz! I am eyeballing that tusk in the box too!

H

Nice to see you back again doing your amazing work again. I was stressing a little cause you were not around. I love everything you do. :)

Ben that piece of Jade your carving is incredABLE BUT THE PICTURES DONT DO IT JUSTICE!!1 iT IS WAY MORE amazing TO SEE IN PERSON!!!Who ever gets that one is in for a HUGE treat!! Mahalo for letting me come over a couple times this past week to mess up your garage! Will be by soon and lets get aloha tom and some others to come by! Aloha your friend, Jimmy Mooney

As usual the jade looks great!
Mooney I was looking at my calendar and next Friday is looking good - is that good for you guys?

J

"hope you like these....."

Even your unfinished carvings have a style about theme. Definitly like these.

JP

I really enjoy your new takes on traditional design. That's the only way for art to evolve. We are blessed to have so much technology in tools to speed up the creation process or make finer details compared to how the ancients did back then. It only seems right to change it up a bit. I wonder what the ancient artisans would make had they had their hands on such tools.

Great job Benz :wink:

On 2010-02-24 05:26, congatiki wrote:

Ah ha ha ha...good one Conga!

oh, BEEEEUITIFULL pieces Ben.

T
TikiG posted on Thu, Feb 25, 2010 2:50 PM

Ben -

Every time you dig into that box to revisit a seemingly 'throw-away' piece -

• that savior instinct in you goes into overdrive and then magically, seemingly overnight BA-BAM !!
    CLASSIC BENZART :)

I must express I like your latest focus with the lapidary approach in your art.
Stone = awesome in my book.

Do I dare suggest that possibly...years of wood carving satiated your interest within the fibrous realms?

Black Power!
That HeiTiki is Bold and Beautiful,Benz!

and that wee skull.... go on!
finish it!

always amazed at your skills buddy!

B

[ Edited by: Benzart 2010-02-26 04:37 ]

B

Bows,, Thanks, yes the skull is a shifter heading to the bottom of the world :D

Thanks Laojia, I'm glad you like this guy and I'm glad to be back!

GMAN, Raaghttt

Conga, No pelicans but I was about gone back to somewhere. Still not the same without the laptop but hey I'm feeling better.

Hey Babs, Yeah, I have no room to talk about cold weather as I Know there are some out there much worse than I am, but hell I Pay for warm weather and short cold snaps and we got short changed a bit. :o Glad you like.

Thanks Amate, Benzart Magic?? If I had some it got frozen to death I think :lol:

Blowfish thanks,, we can talk about that.

Hiltiki, I'm Sorry my missing effected you, I didn't mean it to. I'll try to remember next time to warn you first??

Mooney tiki, thanks I appreciate that. Thanks too for the visits to the Benzart shop, it helps light the fire, speaking of which, don't you have some new stuff to post? C'mon, give it!!

Aloha, thanks, Friday is good, which one, the 26th or the 5th?

JP, Thanks

Thanks Coconutzo, I'm sure an ancient artist would come in and take about f minutes to et used to the tools then proceed to make us all look bad and I'm sure he would have a ton of fun!

Surfin, you be funny, Thanks

TikiG, Thanks for the kind words, yes that box holds some Magic for sure. the lapidary call is strong and so is the bone as well as the wood one. Those masters are constantly fighting for my attention and I must say I'm not finished with wood yet, Thanks again.

LLT, thanks, you are always so encouraging as well as inspiring with your own works Thank you

Well the black jade is finished except for the cord:

On 2010-02-25 22:04, Benzart wrote:

WOW! you are the best, ben!

A
AKUAE posted on Sat, Feb 27, 2010 1:57 AM

awesome BEN
absolut perfect
you are the BOSS

Akuae

B

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Oustanding.
Did you use your favourite nail ? :lol:
What are the eyes off ?

Happy you're back Sir B.

Mahalo,

Bennno.

S

Yes Sir. That looks so cool. Great color there.

Love him. Are you going to do Gallery? Wendy

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWEEEEEEE!!!!! that is wicked sweet!!! down right wicked lookin!!! benz u da maaaannn!!! cheerz!!

TD

that's incredible!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 1136 replies