Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Beyond Tiki Finds

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1,195 replies

I don't know what's cooler. All those records or that glass. Nice finds.

Coupla recent finds.
A killer donut maker. I can't wait to try it. Anyone know a good donut recipe?

A "Sister" pillow case from Camp Gruber, OK. Nothing says "Love Ya, Sis" like a pillow case with Dive Bombers & Long Range Guns on it! :lol:

[ Edited by: Big Kahuna 2011-04-23 21:53 ]

Found these rare, I mean rare Banana Splits fan club memorabilia from 1968...

The Banana Splits Club pennant, Banana Splits Official Charter Member certificate, Official Banana Splits Code Machine, The Banana Splits Official Club Membership Book and The Banana Splits Fan Club picture!

I always wanted to be a member of The Banana Splits Club!

One banana, two banana, three banana, four
Four bananas make a bunch and so do many more.
Over hill and highway the banana buggies go
Comin' to bring you the Banana Split show
Makin' up a mess of fun, makin' up a mess of fun
Lots of fun for everyone

(CHORUS)
Tra la la, la la la la
Tra la la, la la la la

Four banana, three banana, two banana, one
All bananas playin' in the bright warm sun.
Flippin' like a pancake, popping like a cork
Fleegle, Bingo, Drooper an' Snork

(REPEAT CHORUS)

Two banana, four banana, one banana, three
Swingin' like a bunch on monkeys, hangin' from a tree.
Hey there, ev'rybody, won't you come along and see
How much like Banana Splits ev'ryone can be

(REPEAT CHORUS)

Makin up a mess of fun
Makin up a mess of fun
Happiness for ev'ryone
Tra la la, la la la la
Tra la la, la la la la
Tra la la, la la la la

Uh, oh, Chongo...it's Danger Island!

Later,

PTD

I gotta tell ya, Duane. You've found some amazing stuff, but I believe this to be the pinnacle of your success in the hunting world. For a kid born in 1963,(yours truly), the Banana Splits Club was our Shriners! All I've got left is this 45, but I had all of that stuff.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to go find some baseball cards for my spokes so I can take this for a spin around the block!

:D

Wow, did you just pick that bike up? Pretty damn cool, but I think I would hit my knee on the handlebars trying to ride that!!

Now that I can say I have them, they are going up on eBay...there is a minty set up there now for $599.00.

D

Yeah, I'm gonna take a wild guess that he doesn't get $599.00! :lol:
Are you really gonna sell yours?
The bike is actually my son's. It started life as a Mustard-Yellow Colombia 3-speed that we re-worked into "The Blue Devil"

Well congrats to you and your son, you did a nice job on the restoration. Yeah, dream on at $599.00 and I am not in a hurry to sell them just yet, I have a pile of other stuff to post first, but I will eventually put them up, maybe around Christmas time or possibly trade with someone for something tiki.

D

Beach Boys autographs, obtained by an autograph hunter during their 1964 New Zealand tour:

Signatures in order: Dennis Wilson, Mike Love, Al Jardine, and Brian Wilson (who signed off by writing "B'Boys").

Since he is featured in the publicity photo which came with the signatures, I added an autograph I already had of David Marks, who was in the band's first line-up, and who left the band some months before the NZ tour.

The photo is interesting - it is in postcard format and is printed on stock card. It is from the photo session they did for their LP "Surfer Girl", although this particular photo wasn't used for the album cover (or on the back for that matter). Possibly the Beach Boys gave it to the autograph hunter when they signed their autographs for him.

These two items came in an awful glass frame, so I reframed them and added a reproduction of the cover of the NZ tour brochure downloaded off the Internet:

The bill featured not only The Beach Boys, but also Roy Orbison and The Surfaris, among others. You sure got value for your money in those days!

CN

2 weeks and no new postings - what happened? Did I kill this thread or something?

CN

G

It has been a while so I'll post some things I have found. I dig the beachboy's signatures above. The purple chick version of Smile is a favorite of mine when relaxing with a cocktail.

Anyhoo, here are some of my purchases over the last few months.

I really like this tv lamp. I added a flicker flame bulb but it was too weak for the effect I wanted. I might try one of those science project style flicker bulbs but they cost more than the lamp.

Here is another 1950s lamp. The shades need some help so this guy was $12.

If you look closely you can see a really cool spun aluminum serving tray I got for a dollar at the same place as the pink lamp.

That is all,
gabbahey

[ Edited by: gabbahey 2011-05-31 20:54 ]

[ Edited by: gabbahey 2011-06-02 22:59 ]

G

Dang, it has been a while and still no other posts? Oh well, here are some nudie cutie glasses I got from my wife last valentine's day.

gabbahey

Here is another 1950s lamp. The shades need some help so this guy was $12.

Yo Gabbahey! that lamp is completely unreal! love the lamp and especially the fact that you got it for $12! SCOOOOORE!
I wanna shop with you.
cheers, BBTD

I posted this in the "show us your record collection" thread, but it seemed out of place there. Thought it might better belong here:

at a recent garage sale, I couldn't pass this "stag" album up....the verbiage kills me!
"the first to stick you in the ear with what you've always wanted to hear"

sadly (or not!), the "free genuine french tickler" (worth $2.00!) was not included. This was a little painful to listen to...retro, racy & raunchy! Funny, but a little too gross to listen all the way through. :wink:

"she craved sex 24 hours a day, and took it every way, with anyone, grocery boys, salesmen, bartenders, even bananas and carrots!!!"

yikes!

TS

Sounds like my kinda girl! hahah :P

I think Rick James made a song about her, you know...The kind you don't take home to momma...Nice score.

Wow, that is some cover!

Found this stuff while digging around a thrift store.

Front and back of a bar glass set. There are 8 tall glasses and 8 short glasses with various drink concoctions on the sides.

One glass decanter labeled "Scotch" but smelling distinctly of bourbon.

...and one laser disc copy of one of the greatest ignored movies of all time BUCKAROO BANZAI!!

On 2011-06-17 22:12, ErkNoLikeFire wrote:

That's a nice looking decanter there. It's a Jim Beam Decanter. Jim Beam is Kentucky straight bourbon (90 proof), so you were correct in it's smell! These decanters came in various colors from black, to a deep purple, to white (and of course just about a few other colors in between. Yours is a nice soothing color and I bet looks really nice full of Kentucky straight bourbon.

a Nauga Monster, whee! I used to have one of these in purple that i sold in the at a yard sale 90's. found this at a yard sale saturday from a nice elderly lady that said it was leftover from her upholstery business that she closed years ago. she wanted .25 cents for it. I happily gave her a dollar!

[ Edited by: bigbadtikidaddy 2011-06-20 14:34 ]

On 2011-06-20 07:55, Unkle John wrote:

On 2011-06-17 22:12, ErkNoLikeFire wrote:

That's a nice looking decanter there. It's a Jim Beam Decanter. Jim Beam is Kentucky straight bourbon (90 proof), so you were correct in it's smell! These decanters came in various colors from black, to a deep purple, to white (and of course just about a few other colors in between. Yours is a nice soothing color and I bet looks really nice full of Kentucky straight bourbon.

Thanks for the info! I plan on making full use of it soon.

T

OK, so it's been a while for posting anything here.. Picked up these two a few weeks back. Original Van Rijn from the 60's :)

And on the way back from Ohana, picked up another Hurricane LP.. This one reads, Hurricane as performed at the Tiki for the past 12 years. So not sure of the date this LP came out? I wonder just how many there were of her?

:)

Found this weird item. A full bottle of sake in a lantern decanter.I haven't tried it yet but there is a battery compartment in the bottom to turn it into a working lantern

TD

Adrian Pearsall,for Craft Associates danish modern wall hangings
2 piece set

Heywood Wakefield/Ashcraft

This odd chalkware figure now has a permanent home in my bar.

Man is that creepy/cool!

That's a keeper alright. And pink too!

scored this today,from a definite mid-century estate sale.
I know I've seen this 'style ' before.
does anyone recognize the painting/style/artist?
52"X20" OVERALL 62" X32"
THANKS.

I don't think these are all that rare but when I was a kid these were two of the four toys I alway wanted but never had. Thank you Goodwill!

Inigo Montoya's olive stabbers!

A
Ali'i posted on Sun, Jul 17, 2011 4:21 PM

I've had these two original airbrushed works by "Gill" given to me many years ago hanging in my Tiki Room. I only know a little about them, but I do not know their value. They were produced in the late 1930's in San Francisco and they are in their original "Parmelee" 20"x24" frames. There are a lot of reproductions of these and other works by the same artist. These definitely are not reproductions and I know that these are getting pretty rare and have been real popular with the Hawaiiana crowd.

The two works are a matched set of the “Hawaiian Net Fisher” or, also known as, “Hawaiian Fisherman” #133, and the other is titled, “Woman with Fish” #134.

If anyone has any additional information on the artist and their value, I would sure like to know.

Thanks!

On 2011-07-15 23:55, ErkNoLikeFire wrote:

GASP! Can I come over and play? :)

I had a knock-off Shockwave (the purple one to non-transformers fans) when I was growing up. I really wish I hadn't sold them off when I was a teenager, most of the ones I had are worth a fortune to fellow collectors. I was one of those kids who made sure that all the parts were still there after playing.

found yesterday. possibly Franco Albini?

On 2011-07-18 13:40, bigbadtikidaddy wrote:
found yesterday. possibly Franco Albini?

you may be right.

found this pic on google. rod iron framework is different, but pretty much the same table, 'attributed' to Franco Albini. i may be biased but i think mine looks cooler :wink:

yours has a higher quality wrought iron frame work,and materials
making me belive yours is a true Albini, and the google pic is a knock off.
Just my opinion,I could be wrong

"Pets are welcome,Children 'MUST' be on leash" TD

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2011-07-18 15:24 ]

you gotta watch out for that 'attributed to' term,
it drives the price UP when you are 'buying' and drives the price DOWN,
when you are selling.

thanks for your input, I appreciate it.
as for your find a few posts back, I can't add much, but after a quick search I did find this, but it didnt offer any info on the artist.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mid-Century-Modern-Vintage-Textile-Art-1960s-Horses-/170478059188

Thats it,Thanks for your research.

unusual wind chime set made from acrylic balls (like the "grapes" you always see), brass rings & fishing lines. I found a small set at a junk store & thought they were so cool. I had never seen them before. then, months later I found this larger set @ salvation army all tangled up for $1. took it home, spent an hour untangling them & voila!
kinda reminds me of a dna strand.
anyone seen these before?

estate sale find this week.... crazy mid century lamp and the clam shell bowl next to it.....

very cool lamp- nice find!

My first exciting estate sale find - a pair of Chunk Swag Lamps.

They're 12 inches high and they're connected. Not bad for $20.00. :D

When it gets dark I'll plug them in and take another picture.

The chain and cord are very sticky though, they were in a box of things but they have a I've been in a smokers house forever feel. Anyone have any ideas on an easy way to clean them? It might be easier to replace the cord and chain?

Anyone have any ideas on an easy way to clean them? It might be easier to replace the cord and chain?

Great finds, especially at that price. Simple Green has never let me down, but swag kits are cheap as chips if you want them pristine.

Thank you BigBadTikiDaddy! :)

T

I picked up this cute little pineapple table lamp with matching candle holders. I've seen these lamps before, but never with the candle holders? I'm thinking of using them in the cabana just for low lighting... Not on but candles lit.

With the light on I love it... :)

[ Edited by: tikipaka 2011-08-08 02:33 ]

Ooooo....I like those!

T

:o Then Erk, like fire! :P

TD

Vladamir Kagan coffee table.

better pic

"Pets are welcome,Children 'MUST' be on leash" TD

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2011-08-08 14:48 ]

another tasty find Tiki David, you are definitely on a incredible midcentury roll. I think that is an Adrian Pearsall piece. either way, awesome piece.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 1195 replies