Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

LATSA Picturez! Tiki Table!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 1,123 replies

M

[ Edited by: McTiki 2013-04-16 13:51 ]

M

I feel Grogs pain (double post syndrome)

[ Edited by: mctiki 2013-04-16 13:51 ]

[ Edited by: McTiki 2013-04-16 13:53 ]

M

[ Edited by: McTiki 2013-04-16 13:52 ]

G

Great Marq, I really like the depth of the carving and the pinstriped high lights.

Thanx Grimbo! (nice name!)
LOL McTiki!!

Hope your on the mend mate!

Tiki Table!!!!!

Mahalo!!

Very nice...

EXCELLENT table! Love the mosaic on top too!

That is some beautiful wood as well, what kind is it?

C
cy posted on Mon, Jun 3, 2013 8:06 AM

A great looking carving surfintiki, especially like the cool feet!

T

Sweeeeet! Great job on the mosaics too. What did the doctors say about the elbow?

Thanx ATP! :drink:
Poly, Dang YOU'VE been on here Soooo long. Good to hear from ya. The wood, I dunno actually...not even sure where I got it, I got a bunch of logs here and there around the house. I thought it was pine, the way the bark was...but has to be some kind of Oak? All I know, is when I added some urethane to it, it turned WAY darker, and got a REAL nice tone to it. Surprise! Had to stain the Pine base just to match it.
Thanx CY! :drink:
BT:Thanks! Got a steroid injection on the arm, which isn't good in the long run, but DAMN it feels better!
:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

"I got a bunch of logs here and there around the house"

Ha! Now that's a statement from a true carver! I think we all can relate to that one! Glad to hear your arm is better and you're carving away. The world needs MANY more surfintiki carvings!

I agree - it turned out an absolutely gorgeous color on an outstanding carving!

Awesome! Very inspiring work!

It's been a while since I've seen you post a log, but if we have to wait for beauties like this, I guess I'll wait!

Nice deep, clean cuts! And the mosaic top puts it over the top!

It's been months since I've done a log... But your post is got me chomping at the bit to get into one!

M
McTiki posted on Tue, Jun 4, 2013 3:43 AM

That is simply awesome! The design of the Tiki is cool.

Well done Surfin!

McTiki

A
amate posted on Tue, Jun 4, 2013 8:45 AM

Seems you are back in fine form and haven't missed a beat. Beautifully finished.

On 2013-06-02 16:52, surfintiki wrote:

Now that's a good looking tiki!

Thanks so much y'all...!!! Polynesiac, Lake Surfer, McTiki, Amate, 4WD
Hey Lake, good to hear from you too! Thanks for the words. Get a chompin'!!! It always feels so good when you sink a chisel into that wood!
I've also been told that Flax oil is really good for tendonitis, I'm definitely gonna try it out...gotta keep carving! :)
Mahalo Nui

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jun 4, 2013 7:14 PM

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great stuff Bro , good see you back carv'n .

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 1123 replies