Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

LATSA Picturez! Tiki Table!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 1,123 replies

L

Very original, next step a folding model for a world tour :wink: !!!

very cool....but i am amazed that the guitar doesn't get top-heavy and fall backward.....the springiness of the steel and rubber feet keep your original stand from falling over but i find it hard to believe your wooden one wouldn't dump the guitar the first time you put the stand on a hard surface.....do you have some rubber pads on the bottom for traction??

inquisitive minds want to know!!!

B

About time you used that creativity for something constructive!. COOL Stuff Surfin!

S

Killer idea! I like! I would have never guessed!
Love the detail and the 2 fellas out front.

I think your on to something there.

Very cool, as always, D~

Thanks TikiF- I was loving the idea when I was making it, couldn't wait to get it done. Now, I'm over it.!
Laojia-Cool, first stop France! Then New Zealand...ummm, then Hawaii, Marqueses Islands....
Tipsey- thanks for the constructive advice! Not a problem, all the guitar's weight is on the bottom, not top heavy at all...so not an issue. If anything the guitar wants to fall forward, but only on my Martin D16, any electric works fine, and my other martin acoustic is fine. It's more of a display stand, not a gigging stand.
Benzart- Give YOU any ideas for any projects going on?!
SEEKS- Mahalo,, the 2 little guys I did a long time ago, and was lookin for a way to make them useful!
Fred-D B! Mahalo! I like Cool!

Again, thanks to Lake surfer for spurring the Tiki Temple guitar stand idea.

A guitar holder? Are you kidding me! When I first saw it I was thinking it would be something useful - like a surfboard rack!!! :)

Ohhh Dude, can you imagine! A giant monster sized dual Ku's, holding all kinds of intricately carved shelving for all my boards! That would be Colossal!!!!!! :tiki: :tiki:

Thats realy cool, how's that board rack coming along? :D

C

oh the mystery design was revealed and i didn't saw it before, very, very cool, congrats!!

Gracias Clarita! It's slowly warming up here, so hopefully get something new started soon.

That is really cool. I was wandering what is was going to be until I saw the guitar in place. (If you had mentioned it print I must apologize as I am not much of a written directions guy) I hope the guitar gets used a lot as it would be a shame to hide your work behind it!

Ha! That's funny Grand Poo! Fortunately I DO use my a guitars a LOT! But that is a good point, oh well, it's just a stylin' geetar holder.

Sweet work on this guitar rack.
When are you going to make some racks for a ten boad surfboard quiver?
I could really use one.

You and lake are quite brave getting into 30 degree water.
Over here, people are whining like babies when it dips below 50.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers,
Will

Whao! Damn Will, sorry...I missed your post...and it's been so long, it almost HAS warmed up to 50 degrees!! HA
Ten board quiver rack....coming up! (not) Cool idea though, one of us HAS to do it eventually.
My buddy Matt has over 40 boards, don't let him hear about this!!! 8)

OK, getting more and more busy with my music...but finally got to some carving this weekend...just a little

Tucker, and his former bone...

Did one of these designs in wood a long time ago, but not in bone.

B

The bone looks Great but not NEarly as good as the Dog,, How'd you get him so Realistic looking! :o

Never forget U,,, Surfin'.. Keep choppin' away. fB

B

Wait, you're who?

:) Kiddin'!
Dig the Hammerhead.

Bowie

L

Nice small carve! I like it! But I don't understand what that's, bone or white wood?
In any case well done!

J.

Ahhh ha ha...Benz, you like? I'll have to carve you one. You want it spayed or neutered?
FREDDIE-B!! Wassup braddah!
Bow- I know, I know! Thanx
Laojia-Thanx, this one is bone. I did one a while ago out of wood...you can see it on my page 15.

Ok, here's another one I'm starting...

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Apr 28, 2009 3:47 PM

Put that mask back on! You don't want to get the swine flu now do you? Gman gonna fix them damn hogs.....bloody swine...

Oh yeah, welcome back :wink: Beauty bones mang.

-G

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

[ Edited by: GMAN 2009-04-28 15:48 ]

Thanx G. Actually the bones look pretty mangled now...they need the next stage of TLC carve/sand, usually where I screw up. The inner curves are toughest, I usually give up, if it starts getting bad. Tiki in wood is SO different.
No swine flu 'round here! We mask toting bone carvers sure are in fashion now 'eh?

L
laojia posted on Fri, May 1, 2009 1:30 AM

Also nice wood (pg 15) that bone! I've cut a pink ivory koru like your's (pg 6 on my thread). Good carve and keep your mask! :roll:

S

You a brave man! trying diff things Looking good.
Love the pic of Tucker he looks smart.

C

Very nice!! but I have to say Tucker don't look very happy about it, his face it's more like "I want my bone back and i don't care about carving at all" kind of expression :)

Thanks Seeks. Hopefully find some time to work on it more.
Clarita! Thanx for chiming in too, Tucker's only happy when he's EATING! That, and chasing squirrels.

Just a little Sunday afternoon diddling. Started something...I don't know what yet, on a piece of notty cedar.

G
GMAN posted on Sun, May 10, 2009 5:32 PM

You need to open up that spiral and let me wear it in my nose!

Ohhhhh, red cedar....mmmmmmmmmmm

B

Lotsa possibilities and Knowing you we will Never guess what it will be. Yeah the Spiral would look great in GMANS noze!

Not that knotty.

Some more progress..

Hey Tom (Aloha Station) what do you think of this one?!!

S

Ya! I'm digging the pussy! Great looking fella thus far.

Your coming along on the stone.

B

Well, It's about TIME! :o :D :lol:

Good stuff coming out of S. Chatham, MA!

I agree with Benz, what took you so long!?

I know you don't have to thaw out from Winter as long as those of us up here in da 'Nort!

Super nice finish on the bone carvings!

Thanx seeks, benz and lake. My carving time has been WAY cut down. I'm doing the music thing, and it's taking a lot of time away from carving. Looks like I'll be in two bands this summer!
Who needs to clone themselves?... raise your hand!!

L

Wow!! :o Great stuff with bone and promising begin for this incredible octopussy carving!!
You should learn the guitar with your feet and your hands will be free to carve! :wink:

J.

That looks great. I have to admit that I wanted to do that design in a bigger format, just never got motivated. The two colors in the wood are give it a great separation.

Thanks Laojia, if I could, I would!
AlohaTom, lets hope the colors work ok.
Here's an update on that..

Also knocked this out...

Aloha!

S

The O-puss is looking great! Love the sea creature carves
I see allot of them at the coast.

I'm digging the little fish board .

L

I agree with Seek, well done! The octopuss comin' good, and the last pendant is simply beautiful!!

J.

B

Hey Surfin',

One masterpiece done and another one soon ! Great stuff.

Benjamin.

B

Cool looking stuff Surfin' you Really should do this kinda stuff more often as you seem to be a natural. Really love the octopus.

Wow I love the octopus! I'm gonna have to try somethin like that. Thanks for the new inspiration :)

Nice Octopus Surfintiki. Are you gonna make an "Octopus' Garden?"

Thanks Seeks, Laojia. Benz, need more time, as you know.
Thanks Jazzy J and Conga. Prolly the only Pus I'll do! I do love how the layering of the arms is happening, Can't wait to get back to it, but will be gone this weekend.
Now all my friends want the surfboard pendant, that'll keep me busy too!
Thanks peeps for lookin'
-Dave

Just a few new pics of the the Octupussy.

Mahalo fer lookin'.

That Octo looks amazing surfin. It almost looks alive.

B

Yep, that octo really looks alive. The smooth tentacles you carved are very sweet.

Benjamin.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 1123 replies