Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

tikis by marcus thorn

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 1,047 replies

N

Not sure just what to say...everything looks impeccable. A true professional.

Carve on Mr Thorn.

P

Wow, that is like a huge, dream gig. Good for you bro.

And if the hotel people don't like those posts you can definitely send them to my house...because they're spectacular.

well done Mr. Thorn...

Awesome

A
amate posted on Mon, Jan 16, 2012 2:56 PM

Two words...very impressive!

Thanks great to hear from you all again. I will try and post more progress shots as this project develops. The flat scrolled area on the carvings under the fish tail are for mounting brass ship lights on and these carvings are to go behind the bar.

I am travelling to the states again in three weeks bit of holiday bit of business and will be visiting the LA area so will of course be at Don the Beachcombers and Trader Vics and popping in for a visit with my friends at Oceanic Arts. So if you are around between 11 Feb - 28 Feb drop me a line so we can catch up. I will be heading to Palm Springs for modernism week in the middle of this trip.

those are absolutely beautiful!

On 2012-01-11 20:13, tiki beat by marcus thorn wrote:

[ Edited by: tiki beat by marcus thorn 2012-01-11 20:23 ]

YUMMY! More over the top work from one of the best! Man I love your stuff.
Any chances your going to Hukilau this year??
-Dave

B

Incredible Project there Marcus, Congrats on getting this job and then Doing it. Keep us posted with More photos!

I will be at Don the Beachcombers n Monday night 27 Feb for dinner and then drinks in the bar after with Doug Horne be great to catch up if you are in the area

Nice work on those poles Marcus.

Great to meet you guys, Monday at Don's hope your trip is kickin!

Your art inspires me. I will be practicing my carving this weekend. Great to meet you in Honolulu at the antique fair. Look me up if you are ever in Las Vegas. I love the Tiki Beat mug, it is making my other mugs jealous. Please post updated pics of your giant Marquesan. -Wade

[ Edited by: Trailerpark Tiki 2012-08-05 12:18 ]

Oh my god how long has it been since Ive had time to post on the forum...too bloody long I have been very busy doing projects and shows all over the world and cant believe its taken this long to post the photos....the Tiki Beat Bar is first up to show you the very first fully carved out Tiki Bar in Australia.

Big thanks out to all the people who have been staying in touch and kicking me in the butt to get back on here.

Nice to be back
Cheers
Marcus

Tiki Beat by Marcus
http://www.tikibeat.com.au

[ Edited by: tiki beat by marcus thorn 2012-11-30 22:50 ]

Your an impressive bastard, Marcus
keep up the crazy good work, It was nice meeting you a while back
at Don the Beachcomber.

that sign is amazing! It must have driven you round the bend doing all the weathering, worth the effort though!

R

incredible work Marcus! brilliant composed carvings!

A
amate posted on Sat, Dec 1, 2012 3:34 AM

Amazing. That sign is off the hook!

C
cy posted on Sat, Dec 1, 2012 9:23 AM

Thanks for updating and inspiring Marcus- No one is better!

Such wonderful talent...you sure know how to bring a tree back to life!!!

HT

That's a lotta talent you have there.

Thanks guys I will post some photos on the weekend. Its nice hearing from you all and good to check out the talen on this forum I missed it.

Glad the pics are flowin again
Awesome work

P

wow...insane stuff bro..

congrats on the bar...

This is the little cousin of my big 10 foot Maori in Hawaii - the Moari is one of my favourites to carve - the style is always a challenge and of course I love doing the tattooing

P

that is F'N RAD!!!!

killer stuff....

M
McTiki posted on Sat, Dec 8, 2012 4:15 PM

Awesome work on the Mokos. Very killer piece Marcus!

Mahalo

McTiki

A
amate posted on Sun, Dec 9, 2012 6:22 AM

On 2012-12-08 14:31, tiki beat by marcus thorn wrote:
I love doing the tattooing

but oh so time consuming! Beautiful peace man!

H
hewey posted on Wed, Dec 19, 2012 4:57 AM

Stunning work as usual mate!

Awesome Maori carving. Good luck on the Tiki Beat bar. I have my Tiki Beat mug at home and no one else here has one. Cheers.

K

I'm so glad you still post your work on the old TC. Inspiring as always.

New pics?

T

Mr Thorn this is great work!!
Love the sign you did.
Keep the pics commin.

Hi guys - back again - see I said Id post more photos - this is a trophy I was commissioned to do for a Pinup Competition - they asked for a 50's style shoe and I ran with it - and of course I may have got a little carried away...

Enjoy - Back soon

Clean, inspiring work as usual Marcus! Good to see you enjoy all the variety that comes with wood carving!
I've come to enjoy many other subjects as well and not focus entirely on tiki carving. It helps with the Oceanic Art in the long run anyhow
as new techniques are discovered! Thanks for the update!

M

That turned out nicely Marcus! Well done!

Mahalo for sharing.

McTiki

Great way to change things up - Carry Away! Look forward to seeing it finished.

More progress shots of the Pinup shoe trophy

Back with the finished shoe soon

Sweet

Hi all - I will be heading back over to the States next month and will be heading to Don the Beachcombers at Huntington Beach on Monday February 10 for a cocktail or two - so come over I will have gifts for all - password is "GDay Mate" - hope to see you all there. Also wanted to check out the Trader Sams one night when Im in town

B

Very Nice shoe Marcus!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 1047 replies