Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

tikis by marcus thorn

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 1,047 replies

H

wow marcus, I donĀ“t find the right words. your work ist really outstanding! Greetings to Australia, Kai

H
hewey posted on Sun, Dec 21, 2008 5:46 PM

Good to catch up with you and Yvette on the weekend mate, I had a great night :D The pina colada slushy machine was definitely a hit! Thanks again for the invite.

Got any pics from the night? You should post em up :D

And I saw a bunch of logs down in the carving tent mate, so Im expecting to see some new tikis soon :D

sen bloody sational Marcus WOW thats big and awesome detail taboot

B

Marcus I finally received my copy of Tiki Magazine and the article about you was Really Nice and very Informative. I'm glad you are a Stubborn soul who doesn't give up easily.
I will Gladly do anything within my power to help you succeed at becoming the best carver there is, Anything you need, well you know where I am hiding! :)
Just keep doing what you are doing and you'll have NO Issues going to where ever you want to go.

H
hewey posted on Fri, Jan 2, 2009 4:24 AM

Some new pics, pirated from Marcus' myspace :lol:

The guys had a bad case from rotting bases by the look of it:

All better :D

Marcus has big wood!
That hollow log looks very cool!

B

man my back is hurtin just lookin at the size of those guys!!!

great job

GIGANTOR!

gettin better and better Marcus!

Holy Mother of God!

What a great thread to follow for 2 days every time I get on the computer. Marcus You Are The Man

GO MAN GO!

& a Happy New Year, Pallie!

Hope to connect face to face this year!!!

CHEERS!

-Andy

P
Paipo posted on Sat, Jan 3, 2009 1:15 PM

Flippin' amazing. This one might be your finest work ever. I like how he looks asleep lying on the ground while you're working on him, then once he's raised up and the eyes inlaid - POW! Keep this up and they won't let you leave the islands next time!

Aloha everyone - thought I'd load this one before I head off to Hawaii on Wednesday - don't get a chance to many small pieces these days so it was a nice change.

Customer wanted a keyring and he really liked the Viva Las Vegas Mug from a couple of years ago - I have now had some mold's made which I am selling a limited amount of.

H
hewey posted on Sat, Jan 31, 2009 3:56 PM

Nice work as always mate :D :D Make sure you get plenty of pics in Hawaii too!

B

Beautiful piece Marcus and that wood is Absolutely delicious looking. Excellent work.
And Yes, Take LOTS of photos in the Islands.

B

OMG, how much MANA is stored up in those big hunks of Koa?!?!

great looking work!

Even your micro stuff RULES!
LOTSA pics of Hawaii please. I have to live vicariously through you!

H
hewey posted on Mon, May 11, 2009 7:13 PM

Now Marcus likes to tell us he's nice and busy, funny thing is, I bumped into him at a hot rod run a few weeks back :lol: Ah well, I'll make sure I pester him when Im up in his territory in a few weeks for Wintersun.

B

Nice to see Marcus' work again, even if it is a Tiny piece, it;s a Beautiful one and from a Beautiful Hunk of Wood. Greetings Sir MarcusCotta phone you one of these days. Your works are So Incredible and such a pleasure to see being done.

Killer work Marcus!

Great piece on you in Tiki Magazine.
Very inspiring indeed.
Congrats! Keep up the amazing work!

WOW, Marcus! What a STUNNER!

This has instantly become one of my favorite all-time carvings, vintage or modern!

Keep up the amazing work!

LOVE those EYES -- and the LIPS looking like bound reeds! Reminds me of the ship from The Ra Expedition or the Aloha Bar in Barcelona!

This majestic and haunting piece has weight in more ways than one. Any chance you'll produce some miniature replicas? :wink:

Cheers & Mahalos :drink: :tiki:

all incredible, Marcus! much looking forward to the new pics.

Incredible work Marcus! That maori is great! I'm diggin those one-eyed tikis too!

S

Cool 1 eye. Looking fwd to some new pics of what you are working on.

M
mp posted on Sun, May 17, 2009 11:03 AM

Awesome work Tikibeat! your tikis are incredible. MP

Hey Marcus, hows those latest pic's from Hawaii going, sure would be kool
to see what you've been up to of late.Watango

I raise my Fosters in your honor... Great Teko.

HOK

Marcus... Marcus Thorn..... You rested up yet? :)

Aloha, Freddie

HOK

multi post...

[ Edited by: HOUSE OF KU 2009-06-09 22:21 ]

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jun 10, 2009 3:27 AM

I saw Marcus on the weekend, he was hanging out at a car show and taking it easy. Been a while since we've seen some pics mate :D

Hey Freddie, all rested up and ready to head back over to the islands - leaving here next tuesday - looking forward to getting together for a drink, I will have an exhibit at the Hawaiian Antiques & Collectibles show with my mate Von Wierdo and his black velvets and the latest carving from me of course.

If anyone is in town Waikiki around the 19th and 20th July please stop by and check out the show I really like to meet as many people from Tiki Central as I can whilst on my travels.

Hello Hewey - great to see on the weekend - I wish I had more time to talk to people and of course spend a little more time on the computer

Thanks to everyone over the recent weeks for coming on and leaving your feedback, I have been working pretty hard here to get my commitments organised in Australia and also plan the trip to Hawaii. I need two of me sometimes to get it all done. I will post more pics on my return in July.

Cheers

Tiki Beat by Marcus
http://www.tikibeat.com.au

[ Edited by: tiki beat by marcus thorn 2009-06-10 03:51 ]

B

Glad you are all rested up and going at it again in the Islands. Your Maori stuff is getting Totally Incredible and I like how you just can't carve enough of it. Sitting here Lookin' for More. :o

Marcus,bummer I could'nt make it up 2 w/sun,to much goin on at work.
would've been kool to catch up with yourself and Bob and have a few beers.
Like alot of people in these parts I'll be look'n forward to see'n some (LOTS)
of pic's from your exhibit with Daryl.Cheers Campbell

HOK

I saw these two unscrupulous characters lurking at the recent collector show in Hawaii....I think I saw them on America's Most Wanted before... :o

Ssschweeet!
Aloha, Freddie

C'mon Marcus how about some pic's!
cheers Campbell

B

I'm not sure but I think the Lono is the Better looking of the two, Sorry Marc but the truth must be told. :o
Waiting for more incredible photos!

This is my upcoming show in Melbourne at Kustom Lane Gallery - come and check it out if your in town. Its my last show for the year I will be having a break and finally get back to posting photos on tiki central.

B

Darn Marcus, I wish I Could be there. Hope it all goes well for 'ya down there. I guess you could send me an Autograffed poster though and that would be the 6th best thing to being there, the first 5 are Being there. :o
Missin' you round these parts and will really be Happy to see Photos of your Tiki Trails.

P

Your work is absolutely epic, both in size and craftsmanship.

H
hewey posted on Mon, Aug 17, 2009 8:03 PM

The show sounds great, why does it have to be in Melbourne? :lol: Looking forward to hearing about it and seeing the pics :D

On 2009-08-16 15:08, tiki beat by marcus thorn wrote:
Its my last show for the year I will be having a break and finally get back to posting photos on tiki central.

YAYYYYY :D

Aloha Marcus! Looks like the shows gonna be very Kool and 2 much fun!!I wish I could come,but hope it a Great show for you!Love the Maori carvins your a very talented Artist!, Aloha, Mooney

Hey Marcus,Im look,n forward to next satdee, should be a hoot!
Luiis has done an Awesome job on the poster.Cheers Watango

PS Hewey -Melbourne Rules ,so come on down its only 13hrs
straight down the hume!!!

bump

Here is a couple of shots of the tiki I did for the Kustom Lane Tiki Tantrum - he sold before the preparty but he is still being appreciated by enthusiasts until the end of the month.

N

Thats awesome

B

WOW Marcus, One of your Best yet, I absolutely Love this guy and you Sure gave him a Tantrum for sure. How tall is this guy and what is the wood.
Awesome piece man.
What else you got goin' on?

B

Certainly the best tiki I've seen here.
Awesome work leads to lots of questions:

What kind of wood ?

Did you waxed it, stained it, varnished it ?

What is the size of this wonderful beauty ?

Hat's off,

Mahalo,

Benjamin.

Just so good.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 1047 replies