Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Kirby's Rumpus Room 10yrs. & still going strong!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1,508 replies

It was FANTASTIC being back at the Rumpus Room last night!
Hopefully I can make it more a usual thing again :)

J

Next week JOHN-O!

I will be there with Ring Dings & Devil Dogs!

TT

JOHN-O's first trip to the Rumpus Room!
He even brought Filthy Midget who hasn't been there in quite some time.

From the top: Kahuna Kent, TNT (part 1), Murph, TNT (part 2), Sherriyaki, geedavee, Kirby, FilthyMidget, JOHN-O, Hiphipahula, and Tonga Tom.
PolynesianPop mysteriously disappeared before we took the photo.

'Bout time JOHN-O!

John-O and a cool shirt too!!

He is a dapper lad, isn't he?

A Grand Time! I miss the Rumpus Room.
I hope to be back more often!

Going to be down south for work on Wednesday afternoon as was hoping to make my first visit to the Rumpus Room. Anything going on this Wednesday? If so what supplies do ya need?

DC

Aloha! Great visitors from the globe tonight! It's all happening doors open at 7:00 see you here if you need a address please PM Kirby. Don't forget your lemons & limes for entry and should you have time to pre squeeze please do :wink:
If you have a cocktail you would like to share with us bring it along we would love to taste and enjoy.
Here is a list of a few items we are in need of:

ICE
Rums! All and any, Coruba Dark, Cruzan Light, Martinique
Liqueurs, St Germaine, Grand Marnier
Peychaud's Bitters
Orange bitters

TT

Sherriyaki and I will see ya'll tonight!
She made some homemade mini muffins.

TT

Be sure to wear your stylish aloha gear, I'll be taking a group shot tonight!

J
JOHN-O posted on Wed, Nov 2, 2011 1:15 PM

On 2011-11-02 09:25, Hiphipahula wrote:

Great visitors from the globe tonight!...

I heard Zeta's in So Ca this week.

That would be interesting if he made an appearance. :D

I'm doing it! I'm going to try to make it out (yet again) TONIGHT! This time, I'll employ 10% greater effort than ever before.

Oh, and I'm bringing: a little ice, pre-squeezed lime & lemon juices, tips and a bottle of Cruzan (white).

See ya all soon(ish)!

[ Edited by: Capt. R.H. Falernum 2011-11-02 16:03 ]

Sven and Dustycajun in the Rumpus Room Tonight!

TT

Great time at the RR tonight with lots o' new faces...And some not so regular ones too!

Check out a larger outtake here:
http://tongatom.blogspot.com/2011/11/rumpus-room-1122011.html

M
mark40 posted on Thu, Nov 3, 2011 6:18 AM

Thank you

Good post

What a great group! Mucho mahalo to Kirby, Kelly, Trader Tom, Tonga Tom, Sherryaki and all the denizens of tikidom for your hospitality!
Catch you guys at Don the Beachcomber's Sat!

Now, as promised... The Tiki Trailer Of Destiny!!!

Thank you HipHipHula and Tom for your yummy concoctions - where else would I get me a Tiki Reviver!

But WHO was this guy that was just knocking them back like no tomorrow, hanging out at the bar with this babe - he told me to buzz off, and DustyCajun could barely get an order in !? :)

Big thanks to Kirby and the Rumpus Room regulars for the generous outpouring of Tiki hospitality (and drinks) on my first visit to the R R.

Thanks also go out to Big Kahuna for handing out the cool Rumpus Room buttons he brought all the way from chilly Massachusetts.

As Arnold would say:

DC

It was great to see everyone last night. The buttons were acually courtesy of Lukeuele, my sidekick. Today, we visited with Sven, went to Oceanic Arts, Tiki Ti & Trader Vic's. More adventures tomorrow & then Don's on Saturday Night.

[ Edited by: Big Kahuna 2012-03-23 16:32 ]

Love the Buttons! Thank you all for coming out that was too fun! See you at Don's for the Big Tikiyaki Show! Cool Trailer! Thanks Kirby, Polly & Tyler :)

Wednesday! Looking forward to some R&R at the RR ! See you at 7:30 bring your lemons & limes and here's a wish list:

Coruba Dark
Cruzan Vanilla Rum
Liqueurs all kinds,
St. Germain, Grand Mariner, any will help.
Coco squeeze
Pineapple juice
Orange juice
Peychaud bitters

Simple syrup, we need some :) anyone?

K

Yay, I finally get to come over tonight! Bringing vanilla rum, simple syrup and bitters. See ya there!

Had a great time on Wednesday--thanks for being such great hosts!

Thank You Johnny, David & Beth we are all so happy you came to Kirby & Polly's Rumpus Room! That was really cool! Thanks everyone for your very generous donations that really helped to stock our shelves as well as how very tasty :)
I'll be at the RR tonight and wondering who else might be coming? Reminder from Kirby, try to come as close to 7-7:30 as you can so we have time to visit before it gets too late at night. If you would like to join us and need a address please PM Kirby.

Don't forget bring a couple Limes & Lemons for entry ( pre squeeze if you have time you get bonus points ok you don't, but it really helps and we won't make you squeeze at the RR cause you did it already. That's a Bonus!)

ICE
Liqueurs for mixing
Coruba Dark (we are ok on Myers) but if you see some, that would be very cool :)
Small cans or bottles of Soda Water
RYE
Torani Passion Fruit Syrup (this will be fine)
Cans of coke & diet coke

Kirby, RR before Thanksgiving ?? Let's think on that, stay tuned.

K
kirby posted on Tue, Nov 22, 2011 1:39 PM

ATTENTION!!!
No Rumpus Room this Wednesday 11/23 or Next Wed 11/30. See you in 3 weeks
Pass it on!! mahalo!!

J

Well OK then. I guess it's the Tiki-Ti for me.

No it ain't. It's vacation time for the rum slingers everywhere!:

On 2011-11-18 13:35, bigbrotiki wrote:
Just a reminder/alert to y'all:

Tonight and Saturday are the last afternoons/evenings the Tiki Ti will be open before their customary winter hiatus!

Your next chance for a Ray's Mistake will be December 21st!

CJ

where too??

Aaaaw, we Lala Landers are so spoiled: There's still Trader Vic's downtown, and of course the Tonga Hut, if it's for cocktails. Also Don's, Daimon's, Bahooka and the Tiki No.

Compared to the home town situation of many other Tikiphiles here, we can always get a Tiki-fix, in various forms.

J

On 2011-11-22 16:25, Coco Joe wrote:
where too??

Anyone up for Cana on Thanksgiving Eve ??

I can get a couple of people in on my membership.

Bummers! Kids are on winter break now so I was going to take Christian to RR with me. That said, I can't do Cana but I'm open for Don's, Damon's, Trader Vic's downtown or Bahooka.

**Poly-Pop ***

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop 2011-11-22 17:45 ]

J

:drink: :)

J

On 2011-11-22 16:52, JOHN-O wrote:
Anyone up for Cana on Thanksgiving Eve ??

On 2011-11-22 17:25, PolynesianPop wrote:
Bummers! Kids are on winter break now so I was going to take Christian to RR with me. That said, I can't do Cana but I'm open for Don's, Damon's, Trader Vic's downtown or Bahooka.

On 2011-11-22 18:01, JOHN-O wrote:

OK, PolyPop and I will be at Bahooka on Thanksgiving Eve at 7pm for anyone else who wants to join us.

FYI, there is no Rumpus Room for the next two Weds (Nov 23rd and Nov 30th).

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2011-11-22 18:12 ]

If I can generate enough interest for Nov 30th, I will host a RR party at my South Pasadena
bachelor pad.
It's currently called "Generic Tiki Themed Area #768", but I think it needs a better name.

My place isn't super Tiki because of apartment rules, but I have a bar with some mid-quality booze and I can provide the tunes.

PM me if you are interested, and if I get enough response, I will post more details.

**See you at Bahooka tonight 7:00! **

Rumpus Room is on the side the next couple weeks because we are all working very quickly on The Tonga Hut grand opening Dec 3rd Noon see you there.

Tonga Hut Since 1958
12808 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2011-11-23 12:45 ]

Ok so Bahooka at 7pm tonight and Tonga Hut afterwards for Cocktails.

On 2011-11-22 22:57, geedavee wrote:
If I can generate enough interest for Nov 30th, I will host a RR party at my South Pasadena
bachelor pad.
It's currently called "Generic Tiki Themed Area #768", but I think it needs a better name.

My place isn't super Tiki because of apartment rules, but I have a bar with some mid-quality booze and I can provide the tunes.

PM me if you are interested, and if I get enough response, I will post more details.

I'm up for it if I can get a ride over there. I'll contribute some cocktail ingredients as well.

G

Great. We have a bartender. I can pick you up if you can do it early.
Or if anyone else wants to, let us know.

K
kirby posted on Wed, Dec 7, 2011 4:07 PM

So whats the plan for tonight?? Are we back on?

K
kirby posted on Wed, Dec 7, 2011 4:12 PM

Kelly cant make.

TT

I can go if I can get a ride from Pasadena....

G

I am not feeling 100% tonight so I will pass. I should be back for next week.

K
kirby posted on Wed, Dec 7, 2011 6:17 PM

So can someone pic tom up? Anybody else planning on coming or should we cancel tonight?/Lemme know!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1508 replies