Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Kirby's Rumpus Room 10yrs. & still going strong!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1,508 replies

I'll be there early around 3 to help with the cleaning, then run off to get Joseph to his evening daycare at 5, then on to the Punch Crawl that night at 7:30-8.

L

I have LAPD Band practice at 4pm, followed by the Hollywood Bowl. But, out of curiosity can I stop by earlier? Say around 1 or 2 to help out? I'd have to leave by 3:30 to make it to practice unfortunately. Let me know! I can also loan you the art piece I bought from you last year.

G

Sorry I can't be there.
Good luck with the clean up

Kirby,

if you need your Shrunken Head back for a week, I can bring it, not tonight but maybe tomorrow?

Let me know.

• Boris
G
GROG posted on Wed, Jul 13, 2011 8:48 AM

GROG have a painting by Kinny GROG can bring.

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-07-13 08:49 ]

K
kirby posted on Wed, Jul 13, 2011 8:54 AM

Lilusiko your welcom to stop by any time I will be here but no need to make special arrangments,or change your schedule around, I can manage it with just a few peeps..
Hey boris thanks a lot but I would need it by today. Its not that big a deal don't make a specail trip!

K

GROG have a painting by Kinny GROG can bring.

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-07-13 08:49 ]

PLEASE DONT!!!:)

Aloha! Me and all my toes I'm so very fond of will be at the Rumpus Room tonight hope to see everyone, I've missed you!
Bring lemons & Limes squeezed if possible.

ICE
Coruba Dark Rum
Grand Mariner
Rums
I'm not really sure of shortages so bring stuff and let's drink!

Did I miss something? Kelly, were you injured somehow? If so, I send you all of my New England healing powers!
I will see you November 2!!!!

G

I will be there with a bag of ice and some snax.

I'm back from my gig in the Phillipines and need a good drink!

Bringing a bottle of 15 yr Old Phillipine rum I want to try in a Mai Tai!

K
kirby posted on Wed, Jul 20, 2011 6:07 PM

A special tikiyaki orchestra listining party tonight!!! Yeahh !!!

Heading out! Looking forward to seeing all-y'all soon.

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jul 20, 2011 6:40 PM

Got stuff firing in the kiln, so unfortunately GROG not able to leave house. Maybe if GROG' roommate get home early enough to make sure the kiln not burn the house down, then maybe GROG can swing by.

Fun Night at the Rumpus Room, a full room! We mixed, mingled and celebrated to the sounds of the Tikiyaki Orchestra's "Aloha Baby!" as Maestro Jim "Tikiyaki" Bacchi surprised us with a Aloha Baby! listening party!

Aloha Baby! is a Poly-Pop Powerhouse of sound, dimension and song writing at it's very best. What a fantastic follow up and compliment to "Swingin' Sounds for the Jungle Jetset" Many surprises elements I wasn't expecting in the recording so that added to the total enjoyment and experience of Aloha Baby!

Thank You Kirby, Polly, Jim, Steady Eddie, Christine, Jake, Anders, Dave, Kent, Mike all the Rumpus Roomies for being so generous who make every week full of great moments and fun memories. We missed you Tonga Tom, Sherriyaki, Marty Lush and all those who missed this week, YOU blew it big time! HAHAHHA.... see you soon OR,

See you at the Tikiyaki Polynesian Village Hotel http://www.tikiyakiairways.com/TPV/giftshop.htm

Tonga Hut Since 1958
12808 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2011-07-21 14:38 ]

T
TNT posted on Thu, Jul 21, 2011 3:50 PM

Oh man!!! What a night to be too pooped to party.

Rumpus Room Tonight!

Kelly is recuperating and resting but should be back next week.

I'll be tending bar tonight. I got some homemade date syrup, some Navan Vanilla Liqueur I bought at the duty free store coming back through the Munich Airport, and some lemons.

Please bring whatever you would like. However, if pressed, I would urge you to bring ice and mixers. We could probably use some fresh juices. Maybe Kerns Farm guava and mango in the can. Maybe some pineapple juice. Maybe some fresh citrus from your backyard. If you bring some grapefruit, I will make Navy Grogs. Bring it on down!

See you all soon!

I've got some pineapple juice!

G

I will bring my usual ice and snax.

Sorry to say that I have to miss out tonight.
I'm enlisting ambassadors to drink on my behalf!
Do YOU have what it takes?

So glad that Kelly is resting & recuperating,
have some drinks for us.....
Work schedule is keeping us away from
socializing and having fun at the Rumpus Room
Aloha to all!

I love the volcano!!! and how the lava is running onto the floor!

On 2009-07-06 19:37, Hiphipahula wrote:

Mai Tai Meeting Wednesday nights! Please Join us, Your all Welcome. We always Throw a Great Party!!

Join Us!

Aloha! The "Rumpus Room” is Kirby and Polly's Home Tiki Bar.

Originally built by Grandpa as a room for the family to relax as the summer breeze squeezed past the louvered windows. Many years later becoming Grandmas boring ol' laundry room. This past year 2009 after months of hard work, the "Rumpus Room" was hand built by Kirby, Polly and fellow Tiki Ohana, Tiki Mango and Tiki G, with additional help from Tikiyaki Orchestra, Jim Bacchi and Marty Lush, they mostly just drank Mai Tais and watched us.....

All Tikiphile's are invited to the “Rumpus Room” every WEDNESDAY Night unless noted. Please let us know if you plan to be in SoCal. in the areas of La Crescenta, Montrose, Tujunga, La Cañada - Flintridge, Glendale, Burbank, Pasadena or the San Fernando Valley on a Wednesday and can join us for a Mai Tai, a Rumpus Room Original, a cocktail from HipHipaHulA's Famous Menu or maybe a vintage favorite strikes your fancy? The Rumpus Room is a fully stocked Rum Bar and we throw a heck of a party. The "Meeting" starts at about 7pm-12am. Every Wednesday night. Regular attendees of the “Rumpus Room” will be eligible to receive an Original “Kirby Art” “Rumpus Room Tiki Pendant”
*Just drop us a note to Kirby or Hiphipahula for directions to the "Rumpus Room"
Mahalo, Join us!

*Alcohol and Tips (for Rum) Donations are always welcome we depend on it and appreciate it.
*Lemon and Lime Donation required at the door :)
*BRING A MUG for your cocktail and leave it or take it home with you.
*Snacks & Sweets are also welcome if you have something you would like to share.

[ Message was First edited by: Hiphipahula Somewhere around February, March of 2009 then over & over.

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2011-03-21 12:23 ]

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2011-05-09 10:21 ]

Missing you guys see you all soon!!! sniffle....... :(

P.S. Week after next! Get ready to Rumpus!

P.s.s. This surgery thing was more involved than I ever thought it would be and it's been real hard. I miss everyone and I miss work. I'll be back and I'm working to rooms at Oasis the Appleton sponsored Queen K Tonga Hut Room and the Tikiyaki "Aloha Baby" Room so some great parties ahead and I'll be looking for you guys to be there :) I do miss you guys! .....

Ahoy, ahoy, everybody.
What's the story for the Rumpus Room tonight?
It's a semi-longshot (so... a medium-shot?) that I'll be able to make it; but it'd be great to see everybody if the RR is happening.

T
TNT posted on Wed, Aug 10, 2011 11:19 AM

We would love to stop by tonight too - miss seeing everyone. Need some fun and relaxation in this hectic week.

I plan on going. Hopefully I will see you all there.

TT

Will Trader Tom be able to mix it up tonight?

On my way with my lemon and lime!

CJ

Is the room open tomorrow? If so what time do you open? I wanna go to Harmony Farms to pick up some exotic meat for a camping trip and thought I'd come say hi.

TT

On 2011-06-30 16:00, Capt. R.H. Falernum wrote:
Put on your RED & CYAN glasses, the Rumpus Room is now available in 3D

I finally checked this out with 3-D glasses, pretty cool Captain!

Glad you enjoyed the photo, Tom! Your presence is already missed this week.

For those of us in town: any plans to hold an Oasis pre-launch party tonight at the Rumpus Room?

K
kirby posted on Wed, Aug 17, 2011 8:47 AM

Well The Oasis Pre-Party is definitely an annual tradition so for sure lets do it! See ya tonight!!

Awesome, I'll be there! A bit on the later side, but I'll be there!

Coco Joe: to answer your question, the Rumpus Room usually gets going around 7:30 PM.
PM kirby or hiphipahula for the details/address.

G

Sounds good to me. See you tonight.

I'll be there, definitely. Gotta get warmed up for Oasis!

K
kirby posted on Wed, Aug 17, 2011 3:29 PM

Awsome!! So will there be any outatown guests this evening?

Am I considered out of town??? I'll be there!

K
kirby posted on Wed, Aug 17, 2011 6:22 PM

Since you come from the Philippines,Yes that's considered out of town!

Tomorrow night 8/24/11 I'll be there will you? See you then bring stuff and lemons & limes for entry to the Rumpus Room :)

Tonight!!!

Viva la Rumpus Room!
Tonight!

I'll be there too -- bringing Harro from Australia with me. See you all there!

I have to stay in & work. :(
I have a feeling tonight is going to be a night of extra-delicious cocktails for those that ARE able to make it.

Have fun, everybody!

G

I will be there with Mimi in tow. I will bring the usual stuff.

TT

It was great to be back!
Here's the group shot from last night...

TT

Slightly larger version of the image above can be found here:
http://tongatom.blogspot.com/2011/08/rumpus-room-824011.html
(just click on the pic)

G
GROG posted on Fri, Aug 26, 2011 8:43 AM

5 women and 16 guys---need more women.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1508 replies