Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Kirby's Rumpus Room 10yrs. & still going strong!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1,508 replies

Mai Tai Meeting Wednesday nights! Please Join us, Your all Welcome. We always Throw a Great Party!!
Join Us!

2015-Kirby's Traveling Rumpus Room.

Aloha! The "Rumpus Room” is Kirby and Polly's Home Tiki Bar.
Originally built by Grandpa as a room for the family to relax as the summer breeze squeezed past the louvered windows. Many years later becoming Grandmas boring ol' laundry room. This past year 2009 after months of hard work, the "Rumpus Room" was hand built by Kirby, Polly and fellow Tiki Ohana, Tiki Mango and Tiki G, with additional help from Tikiyaki Orchestra, Jim Bacchi and Marty Lush, they mostly just drank Mai Tais and watched us.....

All Tikiphile's are invited to the “Rumpus Room” every WEDNESDAY Night unless noted. Please let us know if you plan to be in SoCal. in the areas of La Crescenta, Montrose, Tujunga, La Cañada - Flintridge, Glendale, Burbank, Pasadena or the San Fernando Valley on a Wednesday and can join us for a Mai Tai, a Rumpus Room Original, a cocktail from HipHipaHulA's Famous Menu or maybe a vintage favorite strikes your fancy? The Rumpus Room is a fully stocked Rum Bar and we throw a heck of a party. The "Meeting" starts at about 7pm-12am. Every Wednesday night. Regular attendees of the “Rumpus Room” will be eligible to receive an Original “Kirby Art” “Rumpus Room Tiki Pendant”
*Just drop us a note to Kirby or Hiphipahula for directions to the "Rumpus Room"
Mahalo, Join us!

*Alcohol and Tips (for Rum) Donations are always welcome we depend on it and appreciate it.
*Lemon and Lime Donation required at the door :)
*BRING A MUG for your cocktail and leave it or take it home with you.
*Snacks & Sweets are also welcome if you have something you would like to share.

[ Message was First edited by: Hiphipahula Somewhere around February, March of 2009 then over & over.

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2014-04-29 11:42 ]

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2015-07-31 23:17 ]

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2015-07-31 23:18 ]

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2016-03-27 15:08 ]

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2017-06-20 21:37 ]

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2019-10-19 13:31 ]

im thinkin about stoppin by fora while

T

I hear rumors of Tikiyaki Egg Rolls making an appearance at the Rumpus room tomorrow nite....

R

On 2009-07-06 19:37, Hiphipahula wrote:
Mai Tai Meeting Tuesday 7/7/09 Please Come Your all Welcome. We always Throw a Great Party!!

Looks like the Rumpus Room is home to nothing but Filthy Hippies.
I Love that band!!!

On 2009-07-06 22:29, tikiyaki wrote:
I hear rumors of Tikiyaki Egg Rolls making an appearance at the Rumpus room tomorrow nite....

Bring them on!!! I'll save room for them, bring Coco too while your at it huh? I'd love to visit with her :)

How fun!!! Can't wait to see more pictures...and you best believe, if I am in the area I will give ya a shout and donation. :wink:

L

Ok can we just make a pact that no more will anyone mention egg rolls??

This is the 2nd time these have been mentioned on a thread AND the second time I had to succumb to Chinese takeout to get some! Now even though the best Chinese/Mandarin place is within walking distance of my apt this does not mean I want to eventually LOOK like an eggroll by eating so many of them!

Damn you Tikiyaki...Damn youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Thanks for inviting me Kelly , unfortunately I will not be able to make it this week,
hopefully soon.

mmmmmmmm Eggrolls!

We are on our way! Save us a bite!

Good times, great drinks and tasty tikiyaki eggrolls!
Thanks all!

Thanks again for an awesome night, guys ! I LOVE Rumpus Room Tuesdays !! :)

It was great to see everyone, nice crowd & Tikiyaki Egg Rolls too! Thanks Kirby & Polly for having us! Thanks again to, Spermy, A Frame, Jason & Claudette from Fluff, Marty Lush & Jim Bacchi, Dean & Claudia love as usual, Eric & Manual

T

Yay! Tuesday nights at the Rumpus Room are the BEST times ever!
Kelly's drinks are outta this world... her Hipalicious is Hip and Delicious!

See everybody next Tuesday!

AF

Kirby, Molly & Hiphipahula...Thanks for the invite!
Good to see and meet everyone!
The Rumpus Room is Eye Candy Cool, the drinks were tasty (lovin' the Jet Pilot fueled with Dagger Rum) and the times were great!
A Frame

Hey!

You said that it would be nice if people brought rum to the RUMpus Room.

What kind of rum should people bring?
What kind of rum should people NOT bring?

Can we bring anything else? (orange curacao, fruit/mint, etc.)

Just Curious
Mark

On 2009-07-13 18:53, Sparkle Mark wrote:
Hey!

You said that it would be nice if people brought rum to the RUMpus Room.

What kind of rum should people bring?
What kind of rum should people NOT bring?

Can we bring anything else? (orange curacao, fruit/mint, etc.)

Just Curious
Mark

Thank You Mark, Yes! We sure could use some RUM for this Tues. Meeting. We are in need of Many Rums:

Dark- Jamaican Myers a good start, Coruba Dark, Pusser

Gold- Cruzan, Appleton 2 yr. a good start .

Light/Martinique- Cruzan Lt. a good start Prefer a Martinique like Clement or a Rum you might like better.

We are in need also of:
Demerara Rum- Lemon Hart would be great.

151 Demerara Lemon Hart would be great.

Coconut Rum- Malibu a good start

Orange Curacao (Not Potters Not Blue)

Gin- Beefeater makes a Gin infused with Pear called "Wet" actually quite nice for blending with Rums. I found it marked down at Bev Mo from $29.00 to $9.99!

Cherries
Mint
Pineapple ready for garnish
Small Bag of Ice

NOT NEEDED at this time:
Bacardi Rums
Any Spiced Rum

If everyone could please bring at least 3 limes & 3 lemons that would rock. A whole bag is Not necessary this week. BUT you MUST Bring a few to get in :D

PLACES TO SHOP In the Valley:

Wine and Liquor Depot. Better Prices than Bev Mo Great Rum Selection
16938 Saticoy St.
Van Nuys CA, 91406

Store Hours:

Monday - Saturday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sunday: Noon - 5:00 pm

Telephone:

Toll-Free 888-622-1414
Local 818-996-1414

Thanks again to Sparkle Mark who makes the best home made ingredients I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. What a treat for all of us!

Thanks Again to Kirby & Polly who are the tops to open up their home to us, Trader Tom for all the extras and all of you for your company and generosity!

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-07-27 16:30 ]

I'll bring the Bacardi apple....

Ughh.... I just threw up in my mouth typing that.

I'll bring something from your list!

See you there
Mark

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jul 14, 2009 12:20 PM

GROG raid GROG' tiki bar for some alcohol, and bring a couple of lemons and limes.

Thanks Fella's hope to see some old & new faces tonight :)

Kirby & Polly's “Rumpus Room” is pleased to announce their first "Field Trip" to:
The "Waikiki Womb"
The “Waikiki Womb” is the Home Bar of Tiki Central- Rumpus Room Member Kevin Murphy. You probably remember Murph from his very successful L.A. Home Bar Crawl in 2008!
Come Mai Tai, Pizza & Pool Party with us! The Waikiki Womb will be serving all our favorite Drinks, Trader Vic’s Mai’s, Hipicious, Voodoo Grog, Jungle Jetsetter, Painkiller, Rumpus Rooms “You’ve got crabs” you name it, we make it. Plus PIZZA! WAIT! There’s more! Swimming! Bring a suit and “Come on in the Water’s PERFECT!

Where: Kevin Murphy’s “Waikiki Womb” in Glendale, Ca.
When: Friday, July 17th
Time: 7:00 pm until the Rum is gone!
Address: Just drop me a note and I will send you the address
Mahalo and we will see you at the Waikiki Womb!

"Waikiki Womb"

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-07-16 15:35 ]

Thanks everyone for the Booze, fruit & Good Company! Kari Great to see you girl! Nikki girl, love the costumes & fun. I love that Jim Bacchi loves to B-B-Q at a moments notice at the Rumpus Room. We do it all here, we sit in the bar, we sit under the stars, we b-b-q, we spin great tunes, we drink Great Cocktails eat good goodies...were never leaving Kirby! Pictures anyone?

More pitchers from the RuMpUs Ro0m

Mai Tai Meeting Tuesday 7/21/09 Please Come Your all Welcome.

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-07-20 18:29 ]

double post

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-07-20 18:28 ]

Kirby & Polly's "Rumpus Room" Regulars

Jeremy (Tonga Hut Owner) and Trader Tom

Grog, NiTiki Nikki from the Tonga Hut & Jeremy

Grog & Nikki

Sorry for the crappy quality :D

Thank You again Kirby & Polly!! Cheers! They welcome us back week after week imagine that??! Join Us! This is a Rumpus Room not to be missed with the best cocktails in town! (if we do say so ourselves) See ya Tuesday, new recipes again this week again :)

K
kirby posted on Sun, Jul 26, 2009 4:54 PM

Thanks kelly!!

Kirby's Rumpus Room
Mai Tai Meeting! July 28th 2009

Come out and party with us, It's Summer!

Drop us a note for the address.

Things we need:

We sure could use some RUM for this Tuesdays Meeting Please see the list at the bottom of the page to help choose a Rum in your price range. Remember Rums are about blending therefore we are in need of many different types of rum. At this time we are in need of these ~Rums especially:

Coconut Rum- Malibu a good start

Dark- Jamaican, Coruba Dark, Pusser

Gold- Cruzan, Appleton 2 yr. a good start .

Light/Martinique- Cruzan Lt. a good start Prefer a Martinique like Clement or a Rum you might like better.

We are in need also of:
Demerara Rum- Lemon Hart would be great.

151 Demerara Lemon Hart would be great.

Orange Curacao (Not Potters Not Blue)

Cherries
Mint
Pineapple ready for garnish

ICE!

NOT NEEDED at this time:
Bacardi Rums
Any Spiced Rum
Parasols

**If everyone could please bring at least 3 limes & 3 lemons that would rock. A whole bag is Not necessary this week. BUT you MUST Bring a few to get in :grin

THANKS AGAIN KIRBY & POLLY FOR INVITING US TO YOUR HOME!

PLACES TO SHOP In the Valley:

Wine and Liquor Depot. (Better Prices than Bev Mo Great Rum Selection Trader Vic Rums Starting at $7.99)
16938 Saticoy St.
Van Nuys CA, 91406

Store Hours:

Monday - Saturday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sunday: Noon - 5:00 pm

Telephone:

Toll-Free 888-622-1414
Local 818-996-1414

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-07-29 14:33 ]

Aloha! The "Rumpus Room” is Kirby and Polly's Home Tiki Bar.

All Tikiphile's are invited to the “Rumpus Room” every Tuesday Night unless noted. Please let us know if you plan to be in SoCal. in the areas of La Crescenta, Montrose, Tujunga, La Cañada - Flintridge, Glendale, Burbank, Pasadena or the San Fernando Valley on a Tuesday and can join us for a Mai Tai From 7pm-12am. Regular attendees of the “Rumpus Room” will be charted and with regular attendance will earn the right to become a member in great standing and you will be eligible to receive an Original “Kirby Art” “Rumpus Room Pendant”
*Just drop us a note to Kirby or Hiphipahula for directions to the "Rumpus Room"
Mahalo, Join us!

BRING A MUG TO DRINK FROM :D

July 28th 2009 Queen Kamehameha, (Amy and Ray) were in the House! The Rumpus Room that is! What fun we had B-B-Q in' drinking and visiting with some new guests and the Rumpus Room regulars! Cookin' it up were those couple of wise guys Jim & Kirby with the ribs, right on Braddah's! YUM!

Thanks for joinning us Ray & Amy what a treat!

Add your pictures here: _____________________ :D

Tuesday Aug. 4th This will be my "Rumpus Room Mai Tai Meeting Birthday Meeting" so I want to visit with all of you! Be there! Please :D

See you all tomorrow night Tues. Aug. 4th 5:00 ish-12:00 midnight Trader Tom and I will leave a light on for you...... Kirby has Pools rounds in the mornings :D

MESSAGE Me or Kirby for the ADDRESS

**Bring couple limes & lemons to enter the Rumpus Room, just a couple. BRING A TIKI MUG to drink from (then take it home or leave it for next time)

What to donate if you wish:

Rum:
Light Rum needed: Appleton, Flor de Caña 4 Year Old White, Myers Original Platinum, Mount Gay Premium White will be fine.
Martinique: Rhum Clement Premier or any will be fine
Navy rum: Pussers, Cruzan
Cachaca: Brazil

Any unique, new and different Rums to the Rumpus Room always a pleasure!

Other things to donate:
Tasting paper cups
12-16oz. plastic cups
Cherries
Pineapple
Trash bags, kitchen
Paper towels
Swizzle sticks
Munchies, salt or sweet types

I'm in a Rib mood, I'll bring some if the boys will B-B-Q???

K
kirby posted on Mon, Aug 3, 2009 4:43 PM

Then tuesday is rib night!!

T

Oh, shite....

I have band rehearsal tomorrow nite . Dammit.

M
Murph posted on Mon, Aug 3, 2009 8:31 PM

On 2009-08-03 18:34, tikiyaki wrote:
Oh, shite....

You're in a band???

On 2009-08-03 18:34, tikiyaki wrote:
Oh, shite....

I thought TYO rehearsals were Weds.?

K
kirby posted on Mon, Aug 3, 2009 8:45 PM

Who would make plans on a Tuesday other than the Rumpus Room?

G
GROG posted on Mon, Aug 3, 2009 8:47 PM

Marty Lush tell GROG one of the other band memebers couldn't make it Wednesday, so they change rehearsal to Tuesday.

YOU CAN"T HAVE BAND PRACTICE TUESDAY! Or after school chess club! It's my B. D. !! Shit.

T

Sorry...we had to make a switch from our normal Wednesday.

You guys won't miss me anyway :)

I'll miss you guy! show up late! Just show up! :(

Durn! I sure wish I lived closer. I'd love to come hang out with you guys. Kelly, Happy Birthday, hope you have a fun time tomorrow!

Happy B-day Kelly.
Had I known, I would have bought you a drink last night at Don's

cheers,
Jeff(btd)

Ah thanks Jeff :drink: cheers anyway... Hope to visit before Oasis... come on out to Kirby's sometime soon. See ya all this weekend anyway for the Beach Burn & what ever else in H.B.

WooHoooo! After Tonight SoccerTiki and I won't be Rumpus Room Virgins anymore :)

YAY! Representing the long drive Woohoo & Soccer tiki are in the house! See you there & Tikiyaki better just be there late I tell you! :roll:

G
GROG posted on Tue, Aug 4, 2009 12:54 PM

It's a pretty small space. SoccerTiki is going to have to stand outside.

On 2009-08-04 12:54, GROG wrote:
It's a pretty small space. SoccerTiki is going to have to stand outside.

Hahha.... Grog like Ribs? Come early HiphiP bring some for Bar-B-Chew

TT

Looking forward to seeing everyone! Kelly, I finally found my big bottle of Cointreau, so I'll bring that. I made some more hibiscus syrup for you and Jeremy. I also found three different sugar rimmer containers in different flavors...the ones with the Shag art on them. I'll see what other random stuff I can dig up before I head out. See you there!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1508 replies