Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Kirby's Rumpus Room 10yrs. & still going strong!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1,508 replies

T
TNT posted on Wed, Jan 23, 2013 7:37 AM

standting by....

GROG you are a terrific photographer. We need to get to the Rumpus Room soon, Wendy

G
GROG posted on Sun, Apr 7, 2013 10:25 PM

Rumpus Roomers----We're trying to get some traveling Rumpus Room action going on soon. so keep your eyes open.

Grog Right! So listen up!

Traveling Rumpus Room Mai Tai Meeting Wednesday April 10th at the Waikiki Womb!
7:00 -11:00
Please bring:
ICE snacks, rum or a
PREMIX. Limes & Lemons a must.
Remember, Murph's Waikiki Womb! Need the address, message us.

M
Murph posted on Mon, Apr 8, 2013 9:55 PM

It will be good to get the group together on a work night... it's been awhile.
See everyone Wednesday.

Murph

O

On 2013-04-08 14:14, Hiphipahula wrote:
Grog Right! So listen up!

Please bring:
ICE snacks, rum or a

I would love to make this, but I've got so much to do before Mojave Oasis that I don't think it's going to happen. Next time though!

BK

Sigh! Always wanted to see the Womb in person, but even if I start driving now, I still won't make it. Have fun you guys!

See you Wednesday night Rumpus Roomers. Please don't wait until the last minute if you still need a address :)

Please bring:
ICE snacks, rum or a

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2013-04-11 12:23 ]

J

Great time at the Womb last night Murph, so relaxing and intimate. Thank you !! And Kelly I loved your new cocktail. :)

M
Murph posted on Thu, Apr 11, 2013 1:59 PM

It was a fun time. Thanks everyone for coming over and thanks Kelly for bar tending and making those awesome drinks of yours.

D
Dagg posted on Thu, Apr 11, 2013 2:23 PM

Any pictures for those of us who live thousands of miles away, and have no local Tiki scene, and have to live vicariously.... now Im depressed... :wink:

:o :drink: :drink: :o

G
GROG posted on Thu, Apr 11, 2013 2:53 PM

It was a lot of fun. Small and intimate group.
Very relaxing. You are an awesome host, Murph.
Thanks Kelly for yummy drinks.
Only bad part of the night was when GROG broke GROG' personal mug.
Thnkfully the pieces were big, so GROG try and repair. If that not work,
then GROG have to sculpt another.

**GROG will try to save you!!!! **
If not salvageable, then Rest In Pieces.

G
GROG posted on Thu, Apr 11, 2013 2:54 PM

No picture taking last night---sorry.

Yes about 15 people was a very nice, relaxing evening, perfect night at Murph's. Thank you again Murph for hosting, what a glorious, beautiful home inside and out.

Grog mug broke! Sorry Grog Argggg! Hiphipahula use Grog broken mug for my website http://www.hiphipahula.com/ I have a cocktail called "Mug Cracker" I did with Trader Tom. I needed a broken mug to take to take a picture of the cocktail in so your mug will work nicely then I shall return to Grog. Sad, Sad little one tooth moai.

T

Lotsa fun at the traveling Rumpus Room this week!

Mahalos for hosting Murph!

Kelly, the cocktail we tried, the Chinese Junk, was FANTASTIC!

T

Lotsa fun at the traveling Rumpus Room this week!

Mahalos for hosting Murph!

Kelly, the cocktail we tried, the Chinese Junk, was FANTASTIC!

Yes! Rumpus Room Field Trip Mai Tai meeting tomorrow Wednesday May 8
7:00-11:00pm at GeeDavey's Lothario Lounge in So. Pasadena. Because we are traveling Dave will be premixing his "Fuzzler" and Kelly will be introducing the "Rumpus Room Rum Barrel" so please help
out the costs by Tipping. Bring ICE, Mint & snacks and your party mood! :)
Dave has a secret parking suggestion on his web page. You may find it by clicking to the Left of the tiki on his home page: http://lothariolounge.com/
For the address to the Lothario Lounge please contact David Eck or Hiphipahula

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2013-05-07 17:22 ]

Just bumping as a reminder RR tonight as above. Need a address? Pm me :drink:

TT

RR at Lothario Lounge.
Thanks for hosting Dave, The Fuzzler was a light and delicious.
Kelly, wish there was more of that awesome Rum Barrel, but I probably wouldn't have been able to drive home!

Traveling Rumpus Room Wednesday June 12th at 7:00 to 11:00 pm sharp at Jake's** Wrecked Wench.** in Winnetka Ca. (the West Valley) Because we are traveling on a work night for the Bearded Bastard I'm planning on mixing up batches of the "Wrecked Wench" and the "Bilge Rat" also crafting a couple other cocktails. So please plan on bringing ICE, mint, snacks and your party mood Aye!!

If you need the address to the Wrecked Wench please PM me here on TC or FB or Jake Geiger on FB.
Hope to see you on the 12th.

Also coming up so stay tuned in, a RR at the home of GROG Ernie Keen!

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2013-05-29 11:26 ]

Aye!

Kevin

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jun 4, 2013 11:21 AM

GROG glad GROG check thread again. GROG planning on going to Jake's place on Wednesday, and then realized it's NEXT Wednesday.

Kelly--bring GROG' broken mug so GROG can try to fix it. :)

Traveling Rumpus Room Wednesday June 12th at 7:00 to 11:00 pm sharp at Jake's Wrecked Wench. in Winnetka Ca. (the West Valley) Because we are traveling on a work night for the Bearded Bastard I'm planning on mixing up batches of the "Wrecked Wench" and the "Bilge Rat" also crafting a couple other cocktails. So please plan on bringing ICE, mint, snacks and your party mood Aye!!

If you need the address to the Wrecked Wench please PM me here on TC or FB or Jake Geiger on FB.
Hope to see you on the 12th.

Also coming up so stay tuned in, a RR at the home of GROG Ernie Keen!

**JUNE 12th 7:00pm **

Bumping, don't forget, RR at The "Wrecked Wench" see above this Wednesday night!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jun 12, 2013 11:16 AM

See ya'll tonight at the Wrecked Wench.

Someday, when I make it out there again, I have GOT to make sure it's a Wednesday.

TONIGHT AYE!!!

A very good time was enjoyed at The Travelin' Rumpus Room at the Wrecked Wench.
Now, here's a photo:

J

The Wrecked Wench is more fun than Disneyland + Disney World combined !!

Thanks Bearded Bastard !! :)

J

Tonga Tom will post ALL of his pictures both on Facebook AND TC but that's too much work for Capt. Falernum.

All of these were taken by the good Capt...

That's all folks !!

That was a really great Rumpus at the Wrecked Wench last night. Thank you for hosting Jake!

A fine turnout of fantastic people, healthy snacks (hey don't shatter the illusion!), and delicious drinks all around. Thanks for the photos Captain, (and to John-O for cross-posting some of them here on TC).

Val and I left with big smiles on our faces so I'm declaring success.

Kevin

G
GROG posted on Thu, Jun 13, 2013 6:34 PM

GROG have fun. Thanks Jake and Hiphipahula. Good to see everybody. Thanks Capt. Falernum for the photos and John-O for stealing them off Facebook to post here.

[ Edited by: GROG 2013-06-13 18:35 ]

M
Murph posted on Fri, Jun 14, 2013 4:27 PM

Good times at an Awesome home bar!!
Thanks Jake!

Thank You again Jake for hosting, awesome home! It was a great turn out, great to see all of you and what a great roar of joy from the crowd when Kirby & Polly came through the door! It was wonderful to visit with both of them! Thanks again!

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2013-06-14 23:49 ]

On 2013-06-13 10:37, Capt. R.H. Falernum wrote:
A very good time was enjoyed at The Travelin' Rumpus Room at the Wrecked Wench.
Now, here's a photo:

Great group shot Capt., wish we coulda been there, damn NY flu ... Grrr!

Aloha! There will be a traveling Pre-Tiki Oasis Rumpus Room Mai Tai Meeting Wednesday August 14th at 7:00pm-10:00pm at the Waikiki Womb home of Kevin(Murph)& Claudia Murphy. There will be some intoxicating pre-mixes to get started and I will craft a few cocktails as well.

What to bring:

[]ICE []Small amount of PRE-SQUEEZED Lemom & Lime Juice. []Snacks of all sorts. []A bathing suit & towel if you care to swim. Note: Waikiki Womb Polar Bear Club Members, you swim naked and you get no towel, it's hot this time of year. [*]Bring your Rumpus Room and Tiki Oasis party spirit.

[*]Please don't forget to tip for cocktails it is how we replenish alcohol and pay for pre-mixes and we appreciate your support so very much.

*Do you need the address? Please message Murph or Hiphipahula.

Our gracious thanks to our founders Kirby & Polly Fleming and to our hosts The Murphy's.

Aloha! Wednesday Night are you planning on joining the fun at the Pre Oasis RR party @ Waikiki Womb? Please help by letting me know how many in your party so I have enough cocktail to go around. Thanks, see you there 7:00 pm

G
GROG posted on Mon, Aug 12, 2013 10:27 AM

BRING GROG MUG!!!

Been missing the Rumpus Room gang - Will do my best to make it Wednesday - & then in San Diego this week-end!

Yeee-hawww!

2013 Pre-Oasis Party a success! Thank You to our Host Murph and the Waikiki Womb! A great time had by all! Thank You everyone who came out and enjoyed the evening!

Please post some photos if you snapped some, I'm not a picture taker as you know but I managed to get one of Kirby & Polly, sideways, darn mobile upload.

http://hiphipahula.com/

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2013-08-19 11:23 ]

G
GROG posted on Mon, Aug 19, 2013 3:51 PM

[ Edited by: GROG 2013-08-19 15:52 ]

Thank You Grog! I was getting seasick trying to see that photo!

Ahoy Matey!! There will be a Traveling Rumpus Room on Wednesday Sept. 18 at Todd Meeker's, (Tabu Todd)
"Topside Officers Club"
Festivities start at 7:00 and will arrive in port by 11pm.
Join the fun! Cocktails and good company. Bring a suit, Todd says the pool is very warm & awaits you!
Please PM Todd or Kelly for the address & let us know if you're coming so I have a idea of how many I will be mixing for. Please plan on tipping to pay for booze :wink:
What to bring:
ICE
Snacks
A Bathing Suit
A very small amount of pre- squeezed lemon & lime juice.
Your Party Attitude! See you the 18th!

Small sampling of the club's outdoors, more to come.

YES!

TT

On 2013-09-11 23:03, Tonga Tom wrote:
YES!

I Agree!

M
Murph posted on Thu, Sep 12, 2013 9:44 AM

I'm in! Do we need to bring our own set of clubs?

On 2013-09-12 09:44, Murph wrote:
I'm in! Do we need to bring our own set of clubs?

I have enough for this little "Par two" course LOL

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1508 replies