Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Kirby's Rumpus Room 10yrs. & still going strong!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1,508 replies

It's Rumpus Room Night! I'm coming a bit early I wanna grab some dinner before we get opened for the night. If your headed over don't forget your lemon & lime.

If possible we could use:

Paper towels
Malibu Coco Rum
Vodka
Brandy (Cris Bros. fine)
Club Soda
Ginger Ale
Ginger Beer
Cherries
ICE
Any munchies you might want & any special booze you would like to taste.

If you can think of anything else....bring it :)

G
GROG posted on Wed, Dec 2, 2009 10:49 AM

GROG have Limes, Potato Chips, Paper towels to bring. GROG check GROG' bar, and GROG have some SKYY Vodka, GROG not know if it's any good, but GROG can bring it. It's half empty, so somebody drank some of it.

TA

Sorry I didn't get you in the PICZ.... I was really starving when I got there, started eating pizza and washed it down with a couple of Great drinks... Next thing I knew half the people were gone....So I could only shot the ones that were left....

HAHha What the hell Al...thats great!

TT

Aargh! I can't make it tonight. I've gotta meet with my fellow graduate students about the big conference we're all going to at the end of the month. Have fun, though!!!

TA

Thankz, She's not to lively, but she can drink me under the table..... =^+.+^=....

K
kirby posted on Mon, Dec 14, 2009 9:36 AM

Ugly holiday sweater and mustache night, DEC 23.at the Rumpus Room..

Just a quik heads up We will be having rumpus room on the 23rd the Wednesday before Christmas,And to get in the spirit make sure to wear an ugly holiday sweater, and if your man enough to grow facial hair a wonderful holiday mustache is a must!!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Dec 14, 2009 9:46 AM

GROG thought this one was going to be held at Murph's.

K

That was the original plan but Murph and i spoke last night and he wants to have a party after new year to kik of 2010.

On 2009-12-14 09:36, kirby wrote:
a wonderful holiday mustache is a must!!

A mustache in a week? Not easy for the facially follicularly challenged. I might need to break out the burnt cork!

M

These all look pretty cool to me.
What's an ugly Christmas sweater look like?

oooof

I dunno bout the sweater.
but I got the mustache covered.
not forseeing any illness or vehicle troubles.
I should be there on the 23rd.

is there going to be a rumpus room on Wed. Dec 30th?
if so I will prob be at that one too.

Jeff(btd)

K
kirby posted on Tue, Dec 22, 2009 7:40 PM

I found my Christmas sweater and the mustache is ready to go.. see ya tomorrow night!!

T
TNT posted on Wed, Dec 23, 2009 10:10 AM

Will Christmas vests do? What shall we bring tonight?

See you all tonight! Just a reminder, 6:00 ish to 12:00 midnight-ish. Bring a couple limes & lemons to get in. Don't forget to wear your ugly sweater & mustache!

The Rumpus Room could use a few standards if you'd like,

Cherries
Clear plastic 12oz cups
Munchies sweet or salty
Vodka
White Rum
Lemon Hart reg. & 151
Ice

Anything you'd like to contribute is always appreciated.

If you plan to take a brief turn at mixing your special original cocktail tonight don't forget your goods. :)

I think that's it?..... See you at the "Rumpus Room"

G
GROG posted on Wed, Dec 23, 2009 11:00 AM

On 2009-12-23 10:10, TNT wrote:
What shall we bring tonight?

Condoms!

Let the Christmas orgy begin!!

Oh wait a minute....

This isn't Swinger Central.com?

Oops! Never mind.

T
TNT posted on Wed, Dec 23, 2009 11:31 AM

Okay - we'll bring vodka and few lemons and limes.

G
GROG posted on Wed, Dec 23, 2009 12:04 PM

GROG bringing cherries. There's a bag of ice in Kirby's refrigerator GROG brought last week. GROG grab some clear plastic cups. If GROG can swing by Bevmo today, then GROG grab some Lemon Hart. If not, then GROG grab some snackys.
And of course, a few lemons and limes.

On 2009-12-23 11:00, GROG wrote:

On 2009-12-23 10:10, TNT wrote:
What shall we bring tonight?

Condoms!

Let the Christmas orgy begin!!

Oh wait a minute....

This isn't Swinger Central.com?

Oops! Never mind.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

AF

Won't be able to stop by tonight, but wanted to wish all of you a Very Merry Christmas! Hope to see everybody soon. Please post some pics of the nasty sweaters and staches!
A frame

K
kirby posted on Thu, Dec 24, 2009 4:36 PM

That was a great time mustaches and sweaters were in full effect, thanks all who came out and played along, here are sum pics..

[ Edited by: kirby 2009-12-24 16:41 ]

TT

We had a great time at the Ugly Xmas Sweater Mustache Bash at the Rumpus Room.
Thanks for taking pix Kirby!

TA

Aloha & Merry Christmas one an All..... Looks like you Guyz had a Hairy nite....:) Wish I could have made it.... Had to work a Christmas Party....:( Is it on this Wednesday????

G
GROG posted on Sun, Dec 27, 2009 3:08 AM

It's on EVERY Wednesday unless posted otherwise.

L

Oh thanks for posting some pics of your sweater party. I rocked my ugly sweater last week at work..complete with puffballs and gemstones...and no one I worked with understood the magic that is the ugly Christmas sweater.

Great stuff!

I'm in if there is one this Wed.

Jeff(btd)

I want to come & share the fun - please PM directions

On 2009-12-27 03:08, GROG wrote:
It's on EVERY Wednesday unless posted otherwise.

Yes! We are a go for
tonight! See you there!

P.s. Anyone have Lemon Hart regular or 151 for show & tell? :roll:

G
GROG posted on Wed, Dec 30, 2009 12:31 PM

GROG picked up a big-assed bottle of Myers Dark Rum, so we're covered in that department.

You guys that grew mustaches are hardcore. I'm jealous of anyone that can grow facial hair on demand. One of these Wednesdays I'm gonna have to leave work early and make it out there.

had a fun time up there last night,
glad I was finally able to make one.

just wish it wasn't so damn far away.
that drive home was brutal.

Jeff(btd)

TONIGHT! 12/31 Rumpus Room Bargain Basement 2009 Clearance Party! It's free it's now! Just bring yourself 2 lemons & 2 Limes & Booze if you would like or some munchies. Be there!! 8:00 Tonight News Years Eve. pm Kirby, Hiphipahula, Grog or Eric October for address.

T

Yay! Ringing in the new year with the Rumpus Roomies! Sounds great (and affordable!) See you guys tonight!

A8

I hope all of you have a fantastic time ringing in the new year in the rumpus room!!

T

Yes! A good time was had by all! Mahalo to Kirby and Polly for hosting on such short notice, and mahalo to Kelly for mixing up such tasty tiki drinks... gotta hit the sack now and rest up fer the first tiki event of 2010 at Murph's... Uh-oh, that's only a few hours from now! Nighty-night!

odd how when I am there,
no pictures are taken.

but I actually kinda like that.

TT

On 2010-01-04 15:27, bigtikidude wrote:
odd how when I am there,
no pictures are taken.

but I actually kinda like that.

I'm gonna bring my camera this Wednesday.

TT

I may actually get there a little early tonight. Yay!!!

I got the white rum, the orange curacao, and the pineapple juice covered...

Kelly didn't mention it, but seems like we always need ice. And limes of course...

See everyone there!

TT

Here's some photos from last night...

T
TikiG posted on Thu, Jan 7, 2010 1:36 PM

Damn, I Rumpus Roomed a few weeks back...these pics from last night look exactly the way I left it!

There's a polypop time/space vortex and its found in La Crescenta, California. Thanks TongaTom for posting proof of this.

Missed everyone last night but I will return again soon.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jan 12, 2010 1:42 AM

No one bring lemons. GROG' neighbor have two lemon trees and him tell GROG to take all GROG want.

You can still bring limes, though. GROG' neighbor not have lime tree.

You can bring rum, too. GROG' neighbor only drink beer, so he not have rum.

P

wow!

K
kirby posted on Wed, Jan 13, 2010 1:41 PM

Thanks for chiming in Perry..I got some limes and Some dry ice for fun, Kelly wont be here But I can make a few rounds of mai tais and/or voodoo Grogs.If anybondy else has a drink they want to make feel free to step in . And Im sure if Tom will come to the rescue at some point!!!See ya tonight!!

Kirby's Island.com****The Tiki Adventure

[ Edited by: kirby 2010-01-13 13:41 ]

I'm heading over right now and will have some supplies in tow.

Rumpus Room Pix from 1/13/2010...

Great pics!

I picked up a couple of treats for this coming Wednesday. Got another bottle of Kraken, some Cherry Heering, and gonna try and make some cherry syrup and some ginger syrup when I get some free time.

Hopefully this rain won't keep everyone away. If I have to do all the drinking, it's not going to be pretty...

See ya soon!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jan 20, 2010 12:05 AM

GROG bringing the lemons.

GROG ready for a Jungle Jetsetter.

K
kirby posted on Wed, Jan 20, 2010 7:14 AM

I think we might need a mop!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1508 replies