Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Kirby's Rumpus Room 10yrs. & still going strong!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1,508 replies

TT

Big thanks to Kirby & Polly for the hospitality last night on our introductory visit to the Rumpus Room, we had a blast!

Special thanks to Kelly and Tom for the lavishly luscious libations.

Grog, you are one heck of a didgeridude!

Until next time...

TA

ALOHA from the Rumpus Room!!!!! Talk about a little piece of Paradise.....

Good Friendz, Great Drinkz, Exotic Music and Deco.... the only thing missing was you.....

But thatz ok, we did our Best to have a good time.

Mahalo for a Sweet Time Kirby & Polly.....See U soon.....Have a Great Thanksgiving!!!

[ Edited by: Tiki Al 2009-11-20 21:08 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Al 2009-11-20 21:10 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Al 2009-11-20 21:12 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Al 2009-11-20 21:15 ]

Hey Tiki Bro G,
You are so welcome. Thanks for coming with me and keeping me company. We will have to try and do it again soon. The Rumpus Room is so awesome! I didn't realize how much I missed everybody and little Tyler is so cute!

See you soon.

"The gods have been angered by all the celebrating"

[ Edited by: Bewitched By Tiki 2009-11-21 10:14 ]

LOOKS LIKE.......... We will be having a Bi Week Wednesday night before Thanksgiving so we will be having a "Rumpus Room field trip" to the Tonga Hut Sunday the 22nd instead! Be there! 4-8pm! Then I will sit down and join you all for a crazy Great Cocktail!

K
kirby posted on Sat, Nov 21, 2009 2:38 PM

Accually we ARE still thinking of meeting up at R.R. on WED before thanksgiving...As long as yooz is up for it...ROLL CALL for WED the 25th! Buzzy? GROG? MURPH? BTD? Anyone else?

P.S. The T.H. on sunday Still sounds fun, But I cant make it..But do let that stop you!!

[ Edited by: kirby 2009-11-21 14:42 ]

T

We're up for a field trip...just gotta get our permission slips signed & we're there!

TA

If you Guyz are up for it I'll stop by with some Booze & Stuff....

JB

I will certainly be at the Tonga Hut for the field trip on Sunday.

T
TNT posted on Sun, Nov 22, 2009 7:41 AM

Yeah! We'd love to visit the RR on Wed (work permitting) and take a field trip to the Tonga Hut. Can't think of a better way to kick off the holiday season.

G
GROG posted on Sun, Nov 22, 2009 10:22 AM

See ya'll at the Tonga Hut this afternoon and at Kirby's Rumpus Room on Wednesday. Who will donate their liver to GROG when GROG need liver transplant?

T

Manuel and I will be stopping by Tonga Hut today to finally get started on our Grog Logging, since we'll be on the road on Wednesday!

See everybody tonight!

Wednesday would be good for us...let us know if it is on!

K

well then lets blow the doors off.. its on!!

IT'S ON!!!

T

How Late are you guys gonna be ? I'd like to stop by after band rehearsal...but we're talking 11 the earliest.

I'd like to drop by on Wednesday as well. This will be my first time at the RR so be gentle on me...

K
kirby posted on Mon, Nov 23, 2009 9:58 AM

On 2009-11-23 08:01, tikiyaki wrote:
How Late are you guys gonna be ? I'd like to stop by after band rehearsal...but we're talking 11 the earliest.

We will be Rumpusing till the turkey starts gobbling....and then shortly after that stops gobbling becouse his heads gonna get chopped off and hes gonna be thrown in the oven.mmmmm turkey

I'm probably going to see the Insect Surfers at Taix
(where King Kukulele used to do his monthly shows) on Wed.
they play 10:30 to 11:30, I could swing by after that.
since Thurs. is a Holiday for most, will this be a Late night
Rumpus Room night?

Jeff(btd)

We usually play it by ear. If people are thirsty, Kelly or I will make you cocktails until the wee hours. Sometimes Kirby goes off to bed and we lock up afterwards. Last week I think we closed up shop fairly early for us, around 1 AM or so. We've been known to stick round till 4 AM, though! Just depends...

Cool, well seeing that thurs is Turkey day and most don't have to work.
I could see it being a really late night,
ha ha ha.

Jeff(btd)

Unless something totally crazy happens between now and then, Zaya and I plan on coming up tomorrow. See you all there!

Buzzy Out!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Nov 24, 2009 11:49 AM

Yay!

I WILL BE THERE!! Can't wait to see the missing faces!! Mixin' it up!

Well Rumpus Roomers....I'm comin tomorrow after rehearsal.

Can't wait to see everyone...it's been too long !

M

On 2009-11-24 12:30, tikiyaki wrote:

I forget.. who are you???? :D :D :D :D :D :D

T

On 2009-11-24 12:33, Murph wrote:

On 2009-11-24 12:30, tikiyaki wrote:

I forget.. who are you???? :D :D :D :D :D :D

DOH !

That hurts.

maybe instead of going to Kirby's after the Insect gig, I should get a I phone, then go to the Tonga hut, and post that I am there waiting for people to show up.
:o :wink:

Jeff(btd)

Thanksgiving Rumpus Room! Looks like a great turn out.... do they make turkey shaped Hoho's?

M
Murph posted on Wed, Nov 25, 2009 9:35 AM

On 2009-11-24 20:15, bigtikidude wrote:
maybe instead of going to Kirby's after the Insect gig, I should get a I phone, then go to the Tonga hut, and post that I am there waiting for people to show up.
:o :wink:

Jeff(btd)

Touché :D

G
GROG posted on Wed, Nov 25, 2009 10:01 AM

That's not a bad idea. It worked for Murph.

T

Rumpus Room Regulars:

Just confirmed - Melekalikimaka and myself will be stopping by this evening :)

Mel wanted to see baby Tyler - I just want to relax with friends.

Hope to meet some new faces too! Be there around 6:00PM

Should we bring anything besides the usual limes or liquor?
Kirby - should I bring my portable record player?

K

Hey G, Ernie is gonna bring his so no worries...

Laura and I will be there!! Can somebody PM me the address? Thanks

M
Murph posted on Wed, Nov 25, 2009 1:13 PM

I just got done baking a pumpkin pie for tonight.
Kelly can you mix up a drink with pimento liquor to go with it?

mmmmmmmmmmmm pie!

I was really looking forward to going to the Rumpus room tonight.
especially with all the people going that are from outta town, or don't normally go.

But I am still sick.
and don't want to infect anybody with this.
(especially Tyler)

And no I am not going to the Insect show either.
staying home and resting.

Hopefully I will be well enough for the Smokin Menehunes and tiki mug shelf event at Don's on Sat.

sorry all,
have a great time.

Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2009-11-26 15:05 ]

J
JOBU posted on Thu, Nov 26, 2009 1:00 AM

Thank You Kirby and Polly for the first Thanksgiving Rumpus Room edition.
Hopefully, it's the first of many more holiday traditions,
Because, I consider you family, more than most of my actual relatives.

JOBU

CJ

I wish BTD would have showed up!....had a great time!

[ Edited by: Coco Joe 2009-11-26 01:16 ]

I really wanted to go, but I really need to get well.
And I didn't want to spread it.

Please let us know when there will be a Sun. Rumpus Room.
I will be there.

Jeff(btd)

TA

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Here are just some of the Brave Tikies that came out .....

Some for time very first time!!!

I was unable to get shots of everyone what with the pizza, Great Drinks, dessert and friends had my hands Full.....

PRIMO It's Hawaiian for BEER!!!

Can't wait till next year....

Or the Christmas Edition.....HO HO HO !!!!

Great times on Thanksgiving Eve at the Rumpus Room!! Thanks Kirby, Polly, and Tyler!! It was good to see everybody, Too! It was nice to meet you Tiki Al and thanks for the great pic's!!

Good times. I got to make it to Kirby's Rumpus Room .If it wasn't so damn far away !

Thanks for the great pix Al! Now Sherriyaki can see some what she missed this week.

On 2009-11-27 13:15, 1961surf wrote:
Good times. I got to make it to Kirby's Rumpus Room .If it wasn't so damn far away !

Hey Bill,
if they ever do the supposed Sun. edition of the Rumpus Room.
I will be more than happy to drive, if you want to carpool up there.

Jeff(btd)

We almost made it on Wednesday, missed it by about 30 something miles....

It was smooth sailing all the way up until we get just past the 91(or maybe the 71?). Anyway, we hit traffic at a dead stop, or what seemed like forever. We inch along, barely...Check KNX 1070 news radio and the only traffic problem is on the 5 north around Norwalk. It say its backed up all the way to the Valley View exit from somewhere up the freeway. They said be prepared to wait a long long time... About twenty minutes later we hit the next exit and notice `the sign "Valley View." Crap! We were at the very start of the jam, according to the radio report. At this point it was 10:30 or so, we were still hours out, and we chickened out and uturned it home at the Carmenita exit. Oh well. It was a great 200 mile Thanksgiving eve drive!

Sorry we missed it, and all you guys. Looks like you all had the fun we wanted to have...

we'll try again someday when there's no traffic.
Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2009-11-29 16:41 ]

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Nov 30, 2009 9:22 AM

Buzzy! Bummer man...was looking forward to seeing you last Wednesday evening.

Since neither Mel nor myself appear in any of Tiki Al's pics above, I thought I would post a special pic of three Rumpus Room Regulars within the confines of their chosen tiki temple...taken the same evening of November 25, 2009

Melekalikimaka, Tyler (He LOVES mood lighting) and Polly

Thanks to the Flemings for their hospitality as usual (Kirby - Thanks for the phone call :))

Thanks Kelly for the special refreshments.

I had so much fun last week at the Rumpus Room. Cheers to all that made it & I hope to do this again in December.

Thanks for sharing your place Kirby & Polly.....intimate and very cool decor. Tasty drinks from Kelly too! Great meeting up with the regulars and irregulars. Aloha

K
kirby posted on Mon, Nov 30, 2009 4:42 PM

that was a big bummer buzzy and zaya didnt make it all the way,I kinda had a feeling it was the traffic,we were realy looking forward to hangin with you guys, But there is alway next time.. You are always welcome at the rumpus room...hope to see ya soon..

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1508 replies