Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Kirby's Rumpus Room 10yrs. & still going strong!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1,508 replies

Val and I and a bottle of Barbancourt (and squeezed citrus) are in!

Kevin

K
kirby posted on Wed, Apr 25, 2012 3:58 PM

Tikiyaki will be in da house!!

T

It's been a while since Manuel's and my schedule would allow a night at the Rumpus Room (we've been hitting the traveling versions, as our schedules would permit) ... so great to be back!

We had an awesome time tonight, and so nice to see tiki friends, old and new, especially those that came... what was it, hundreds of miles to attend?

Heading home in the rain made it all the more exotic and magical!

Mahalos to Kelly for the incredible cocktails, and Mahalos to Kirby for keeping the Rumpus Room going!

TT

Glad to hear it was a great time last night, we're sorry to have missed it. Wish I could have been there to capture the memory.
I've been trying to catch up on work this week, and it's stealing all my time.

Agreed, a great time with great people at the Rumpus Room! Thanks as always to Kirby for the hospitality. And thanks for a killer Rum Barrel Kelly. I was really glad Val offered to drive.

You and Sherriyaki were missed Tom. It forces one to ask an existential question: if there's a Rumpus Room and no group shot, did it really happen? :)

Mahalo!

kevin

T

Good Times as usual at the Rumpus Room !

G
GROG posted on Mon, Apr 30, 2012 8:27 PM

Traveling Rumpus Room at GROG' cave this week.

G
GROG posted on Tue, May 1, 2012 3:53 PM

PM GROG or HipHipaHula for address.

Mucho mahalos to Grog for having us in the cave for Rumpus Room last night! I know it's a fun evening if I'm tired the next day. :)

kevin

I'm sorry that I missed out on the Rumpus Room field trip to Grog's place last night; I was hoping to finish work in time to make it out.
I hope everyone had a great time!

This flower wilted before she could make it to her first Rumpus Room... One of these days, somehow, somewhere... Until then all the mice will have to play without me.

Poor Little Buttercup, I hope and wish you will make it to the Rumpus Room soon :blush: :drink:

Thank You Grog for having us over to your place it was good fun and wow! you have some incredible new art since I was last at your place! I enjoyed myself terrifically, thank you again Ernie :)

G
GROG posted on Thu, May 3, 2012 4:58 PM

Thanks to all that came to GROG Traveling Rumpus Room, and BIG thank you Kelly, Heylownine, and Geedavey for bringing drinks, and everybody that brought snacks.

G

Thank you for hosting Grog. You have a great home.

TT

Thank you GROG for hosting the RR at your place this past Wednesday!
Thank you Kelly, Kevin & Valerie, and Dave for bringing cocktails!

Larger version of the photo can be found here: http://tongatom.blogspot.com/2012/05/rumpus-room-522012-at-grogs.html

K
kirby posted on Wed, May 9, 2012 9:28 AM

NO rumpus room tonight, because I think a lot of peep are headed ove to the tonga hut for the martin cate rum event!!

Thats a cute picture guys:) Thanks Tom your bitchin' as always....

Here's a few more pics (w/ help from Eric October) from RR at GROG's...

T

Photos are nice! Looks like it was a good time.

I am going to be in LA the Wednesday after Tiki Caliente. Is the Rumpus Road show scheduled to be on for that night?

Mahalo,

Tiki Bob

Good question we will work on the answer Bob, good chance, make sure you come to the Tiki Caliente Rumpus Room Party Poolside 8:00pm Saturday Night:)

As requested a Pre Caliente Rumpus Room Mai Tai Meeting Tonight 5/16
I hope to see you all! Bob still working on that answer for next Wednesday :)

Bring ICE
Dark Rum
Any Rum
Donations for the cocktail at Caliente! :wink:

Val and I are in lockdown with pre-Tiki Caliente preparation and packing so we won't be able to Rumpus tonight. :( We shall see everyone this weekend for Remote Rumpus Madness!

Kirby and Kelly...PMs being sent your way.

kevin

Rumpus?

kevin

I'm finally up in LA on a Wednesday night and looking forward to my first trip to the Rumpus Room! Just double checking that you guys are on for tonight before I head over...

K
kirby posted on Wed, May 23, 2012 9:05 AM

Yep Rumpus Room is on for tonight!

We'll be there, any idea of what's needed?
Of course...lemons and limes
rums?mixers? something allready mixed?

T

Michele and I will be there. Michele might be a little later because of her work.

What time do things get started?

TB

Around 7pm-ish.
Looking forward to tonight, looks like it'll be a great crowd!
I'm washing my Rumpus Room shirt right now. :)

I'm in see you at the Rumpus Room.
a couple limes and lemons for entry pre squeeze them of you have time it helps speed things up.
Also we have some needs if you would like to donate:

ICE
DARK RUM
Lemon Hart 151
Liqurers
Brandy

Ok, so going to try this again this week.
Address from Kirby --- check
Time --- check
Limes and lemons -- check (sorry they will be whole)

I will even try to stop for ice.

Crossing fingers, but I think tonight is the night! woo hoo I feel like singing ~~ I'll save that to torture, I mean serenade you later this eve.

Kim

On my way!

I made it!
Thanks Kirby & all the R.R. family. I had a great time!
Special shout out to the new R.R.T.T. crew. Tonight was super special for you all.

Mahalo,
Kim

Great to have a full house, visitors from afar and little Buttercup. Hoping to get together more this summer, have some BBQ with the Maestro and all you. That was fun! Thank you for all your contributions it makes it all possible.
Keep in touch here and on FB for the schedule. :drink:

http://www.hiphipahula.com/

TT

Great time on Wednesday!

The larger version can be seen at the Tonga Tom blog listed below.

Rumpus Room is on tonight! May 30th You're invited!
Please join us for cocktails and Tiki. Contact Kirby or me via TC or FB for the address if needed.

Bring a couple limes & lemons for entry to the Rumpus Room please pre-squeeze them if you have time it really helps us.
ALSO, here is a Wish List if you would like to contribute to the Rumpus Room:

ICE
LEMON HART 151
Passion Fruit Syrup
Pussers Rum
Real coco squeeze
Canton Liq.
St. Germain Liq.
Any Liqueurs

See you tonight! :drink:

Rumpus Room This Wednesday? I know there is a Kings game Kevin :)

On 2012-06-05 11:16, Hiphipahula wrote:
Rumpus Room This Wednesday? I know there is a Kings game Kevin :)

Indeed there is! And with any luck I'll be back to normal Rumpus Room activities in short order. :D

kevin

YES! In spite of the L.A. Kings game there is a Rumpus Room tonight June 6 see you tonight bring snacks, squeezed limes & lemons ICE and nice Liqueurs :) Go Kings!

T
TNT posted on Wed, Jun 6, 2012 4:54 PM

We won't be there tonight - Kings game. It's been too long and we miss seeing everyone - looking forward to next week.

Have Fun tonight you guys!

Rumpus this week?

kevin

K

It looks like No Rumpus Room This week..Sorry!!

No worries, we shall eagerly await the next one. :)

kevin

YES! Rumpus Room is on for tomorrow 6/20 Please bring limes & lemons for entry to the RR please pre-squeeze if your time allows you, it gets our evening moving faster. ICE, Diet Coke, Coke, Ginger Ale, anything in your cupboard you have no need for. We also could use some fancy liqueurs if you would like to donate.
Canton Liq.
St. Germain Liq.
Any Liqueurs!
Falernum (Taylor Velvet or handcrafted)
Any Rum
Trader Tom we all miss you! See you at Oasis?

http://tomdkline.blogspot.com/?m=1
Rumpus Room

Hey, I miss you guys too!

I don't think we're going to make Oasis this year. However, we will be making trips to So Cal in the near future. Ilene wants to make a road trip down the coast and take Joseph to Disneyland at some point in the next 6 months. I'll be sure and let you guys know.

I've been trying to keep my cocktail lab experiments going, but I miss having all you expert tasters around me.

Here's a cocktail that I was playing with the other day:

Huckleberry Hoodoo

1 juiced lime
1/2 oz Torani Huckleberry Syrup
1 oz Cruzan Coconut Light Rum
1 oz Kronan
1 1/2 oz Ruby Port
A big handful of crushed ice

Enjoy rumpusing!

Yea!!!!!
Rumpus Room tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to hear Tom call us before you come to Ca. and we will have a RR field trip to Disneyland or Trader Sam's! If I have a moment today I will pick up some Huckleberry and make your cocktail if not tonight next meeting! This was easier when you lived closer :) Miss you love to Ilene & Trader Joe.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1508 replies