Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Kirby's Rumpus Room 10yrs. & still going strong!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1,508 replies

TT

Hope you guys have a good rumpus tonight! Also, a heads up...the family and I will be driving down to visit Disneyland this weekend to take advantage of our year passes one more time before they expire. My guess is we will roll into the park about 2pm or so on Friday and do rides with Joseph all afternoon. However, if you want to try and meet up at Trader Sam's that evening for some cocktails, I'm game. If you don't have my phone number, just pm me.

Tom,
I believe that anyone under 21 is not allowed into Trader Sam's after 8pm. Keep that in mind as you plan your schedule for the day.

TT

Another great time at the Rumpus Room, thank you Kirby & Polly!
Here's the group shot from Wednesday (3/7/2011). Jim was there too, but he had to take off early.

The larger version can be found at the Tonga Tom blog listed below.

Oh good, I had the crazy eyes on. Whew!

Rumpus!

Kevin

Rumpus Room field trip this week! (3-14)

It's time to finally break in my home bar, The Wrecked Wench, with its first official get together.

Message me for directions.
Hope to see you there!

TT

Oh, we will see you there sir...er, Bastard!

Wouldn't miss your Bar warming Jake. I'll be there with your new recipes in hand. See you then :)

Just a thought, would there be anything (like Rum)
we could bring to help keep the "Wrecked Wench" fully stocked?
Or snacks?

On 2012-03-13 10:55, Flaming Tiki wrote:
Just a thought, would there be anything (like Rum)
we could bring to help keep the "Wrecked Wench" fully stocked?
Or snacks?

Since "The Wench" is still in her infancy, any and all contributions of any kind would be welcome. And the usual idea of bringing something you may want to snack on goes.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

Rumpus Room field trip near our own backyard? Yes please! Val and I plan to be there with rum, citrus, and snacks.

Mahalo!

kevin

G
GROG posted on Tue, Mar 13, 2012 4:18 PM

GROG look forward to baptizing the new bar.

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who came out last night to help christen the Wrecked Wench!
It was a great time and I look forward to having many more gatherings at the Wench in the future.

Looking forward to seeing pictures from the evening.

Let's see some pics. Your bar looks great. I'd love to see more. I hope Grog behaved himself. He's got a bad habit of "marking his territory" everywhere he goes! :D

On 2012-03-15 09:51, Bearded Bastard wrote:
I want to say a big thank you to everyone who came out last night to help christen the Wrecked Wench!
It was a great time and I look forward to having many more gatherings at the Wench in the future.

Looking forward to seeing pictures from the evening.

Thank you for hosting! We had a great time; the place looks amazing. I was apparently so awe-struck I didn't take any pictures. Luckily I know others weren't so afflicted.

Great people, great drinks, great times. Mahalo again!

kevin

Here's a few pics:

TT

Thank you Bearded Bastard for letting us not only come to The Wrecked Wench for our Rumpus Room field trip, but into your amazing home as well.
Here's the groovy group shot...

Larger version can be seen here:
http://tongatom.blogspot.com/2012/03/rumpus-room-4142012-at-wrecked-wench.html

Each Room is themed by the way...
Here's a shot of GROG and the Bearded Bastard in his "Haunted Mansion" themed dining room...

Can't wait to go back!

Thank you Jake for hosting I had a wonderful time. Your house and every room are awesome you are so talented! What a pleasure thanks again hope to visit again soon, Wow! Thanks also to Kirby & Polly who make Rumpus Room & it's field trips possible. Great photos Tom & Adrian :)

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2012-03-17 15:27 ]

K
kirby posted on Wed, Mar 21, 2012 8:12 AM

Rumpus Room is on for tonight march 21st, i think we should have some new visitors!!

K
kirby posted on Wed, Mar 21, 2012 8:15 AM

I also might have a surprise for a "couple" new regulars if they show up!!

Thanks Kirby I'll see you tonight.

Bring lemons & limes, ICE

Wish list:
Grand Mariner (or a brand similar)
Lemon Hart 151
Fancy Liqurers ( you know the ones)
Barbancourt Rum
Cruzan Blackstrap
Coruba Dark
ANY would be a help
Thank You :)

Rumpus? Squeezed citrus and bottled rum, coming up!

kevin

Make that squeezed citrus and a Grand Marnier-like orange liqueur. Curse you BevMo and your lack of 4 year Barbancourt.

kevin

Boom.

Mahalo Kirby, and to all the Rumpus Roomers.

kevin

TT

Congrats on receiving your Rumpus Room pendents!
Excellent cocktails, RR pendents, and 45 rpm inserts...fun times last night!

Be we Rumpus-ing this evening?

K
kirby posted on Wed, Mar 28, 2012 1:10 PM

No Rumpusing tonight!!

K
kirby posted on Tue, Apr 3, 2012 7:50 AM

We shall be Rumpusing This wed 4/4.. Whos in?

Did someone say Rumpus?

kevin

G
GROG posted on Tue, Apr 3, 2012 10:10 AM

GROG might be able to make this Wednesday.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Apr 3, 2012 10:10 AM

[ Edited by: GROG 2012-04-03 11:09 ]

G

I will be there. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

[ Edited by: geedavee 2012-04-09 11:54 ]

I'm in, see you at the Rumpus Room

Don't forget your limes & lemons for entry & if you have time to pre-squeeze them it's always a help.

Wishin' for:
ICE
Passion Fruit Syrup
Lemon Hart 151
Black strap Rum
Liqueurs

Any donations are very appreciated and we will use them in good cheer :)

So, we're on for tonight at the actual Rumpus Room?
(vs. the travelin' Rumpus)

What are the 'hours of operation' these days? I might be showing up a bit later.

L

I'm planning on visiting for an hour or two after rehearsal tonight.

TT

Cool, looking forward to tonight!
We'll bring a Passion Fruit Syrup, and I'll see if we have some mint.

TT

We'll bring some pre-squeezed
lemon
lime (not a lot, so more lime would be good)

We'll be bringing lime a-plenty (as it happens I'm short on lemons this week). And some rum, style TBD by Total Wine (likely Black Strap).

Rumpus!

kevin

TT

Excellent!

Thanks for a fun time, everybody.

It was great to hang at the Rumpus Room with the excellent crowd of... Rumpus-Roomers.

TT

Here's the RR photo from 4/4/2012.
You can see the larger version at the Tonga Tom blog.

G

This Wednesday(4/11 7-11pm), the Rumpus Room will be on a field trip to the Lothario Lounge. It is my humble little apartment in South Pasadena. I will provide a mostly-premixed cocktail and Kelly will be there to mix up her libations as well.
PM me for directions and let me know if you can make it so I know how much to mix up.
As usual, bring whatever you like. Ice, snax, rum, broads, citrus.

Any questions, just ask.

Also I will have about a dozen Hawaiian shirts donated from the Trader Tom collection available for whomever wants them. (Mostly XXL's rescued from his donation pile from when he was moving.) I threw a few other shirts in as well.

[ Edited by: geedavee 2012-04-10 13:58 ]

I'll be there thanks Dave & Kirby :)
I'm bringing a new cocktail recipe as well. See you there.

looking forward to seeing the Lothario Lounge!

TT

It was a fun filled Rumpus Room field trip to the Lothario Lounge last night.
Congrats Jobu on your brand new baby boy!
...And thank you for the chocolate cigars!

Any word on this week's shenanigans?

K
kirby posted on Wed, Apr 18, 2012 1:08 PM

No Rumpus tonight!

K

Rumpus room is on for tomarrow night!! Who's in? We should have some new out of town visiters!!

I'm In! Yep I hear there will be a few new visitors to the Rumpus Room so I hope you all will be able to come mix & mingle and say aloha!
Here's the FB listing

YES! Kirby & Polly's Rumpus Room Mai Tai Meeting in session Wednesday Night 4/25
Bring Limes & LEMONS pre squeeze if you have time it helps so much to get mixed & poured. Here is a donation list if you would care to help the Rumpus Room.
Coruba Dark Rum
Barbancourt
Lemon Hart 151
Passion Fruit syrup

**Any donations of any kind are very appreciated :) **
If you need the address please message Kirby
You're Invited!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1508 replies