Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Kirby's Rumpus Room 10yrs. & still going strong!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1,508 replies

"The send it back"

I laughed all the way home..... till the tire blew out on the 14fwy at 5:40 am... but still it makes me chuckle.
Great to see you my friend Cass :) that was a gas

p.s. great Waikiki art Eric! & Hohos still rock & it was fun to watch Kirby make Tikiyaki art...any pictures?

I was thrilled to finally visit the Rumpus Room. Thank you Kirby and Polly for your tiki hospitality. It was lots of fun to help sample the new potions from master mixologists Kelly, Tom, and Cass. I was under a voodoo spell until the following morning, and I was feeling a little absintheminded. :P

T

Damn! looks like I missed a great evening. Would have been cool to catch up with Cass again too.

Sounds like you guys are having way too much fun.

Kelly, we lost the address and missed you Tuesday. Can you give it to us again so we can join the festivities Thanx.

K
kirby posted on Thu, Sep 10, 2009 3:58 PM

"absintheminded"...Nice, I m glad you had a good time ,thanks for joining us, your welcome anytime...

SEE YOU TONIGHT!!! New drinks on the schedule tonight!! 6-????

Bring just a FEW Lemons & Limes for entry

We need:

Ice
Myers Dark
Light Rum
Passion Fruit Syrup TORANI ONLY Thanks

YOU ALL ROCK!!

Tuesday the 29th of Sept. 2009 till further notice (we will keep you posted) The "Rumpus Room" will be on a field trip to Murph's "Waikiki Womb" as we await the new Kirby & Polly Baby! We are all so excited & waiting to hear from Kirby.... any time now... So, we are going to give them some time to settle in and try to rest up. In the meantime Murph as offered to take the Ohana on! A big Thank You Murph & Claudia! And Thank You Kirby & Polly for welcoming us all to your home all spring & summer. We look forward to our first Rumpus Room Baby so Congrats in advance! :)

Plan on 7:30 Tues. Night the 29th of Sept. at Murph's. PM Murph or myself for the address. See you there!

I'm so not missing this week!!! I missed two weeks in a row! So not cool. I got a bottle of LemonHart for the occasion. SEE YA'LL ON TUESDAY !

Is there any baby news yet?

On 2009-09-26 20:03, Kiki von Tiki wrote:
Is there any baby news yet?

Haven't heard a word as yet :) Pop!

REMINDER!!!! Please Join us!

Tuesday the 29th of Sept. 2009 till further notice (we will keep you posted) The "Rumpus Room" will be on a field trip to Murph's "Waikiki Womb" as we await the new Kirby & Polly Baby! We are all so excited & waiting to hear from Kirby.... any time now... So, we are going to give them some time to settle in and try to rest up. In the meantime Murph as offered to take the Ohana on! A big Thank You Murph & Claudia! And Thank You Kirby & Polly for welcoming us all to your home all spring & summer. We look forward to our first Rumpus Room Baby so Congrats in advance!

Plan on 7:30 Tues. Night the 29th of Sept. at Murph's. PM Murph or myself for the address. See you there!

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-09-28 21:17 ]

On 2009-09-28 21:16, Hiphipahula wrote:
REMINDER!!!! Please Join us!

Tuesday the 29th of Sept. 2009 till further notice (we will keep you posted) The "Rumpus Room" will be on a field trip to Murph's "Waikiki Womb" as we await the new Kirby & Polly Baby! We are all so excited & waiting to hear from Kirby.... any time now... So, we are going to give them some time to settle in and try to rest up. In the meantime Murph as offered to take the Ohana on! A big Thank You Murph & Claudia! And Thank You Kirby & Polly for welcoming us all to your home all spring & summer. We look forward to our first Rumpus Room Baby so Congrats in advance!

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-09-28 21:17 ]

P.S. It's Dean's Birthday... ok so yesterday..Join us!

I'm bringing a bottle of black currant syrup I whipped up yesterday.

And Trader Joe will be there to get the pool party started.

See you soon!

T
TikiG posted on Thu, Oct 1, 2009 2:25 PM

Sorry couldn't make it this week.

Any pics?

Rumpus Room Baby Born! Tyler Jackson Fleming! Congrats Kirby & Polly!!! Stay tuned for this Tues. Mai Tai Meeting. I believe it's at Grog's The Rumpus Room is on maternity leave so we are Field Trippin'! I will post details Monday sometime.

T

On 2009-10-04 22:58, Hiphipahula wrote:
Rumpus Room Baby Born! Tyler Jackson Fleming! Congrats Kirby & Polly!!! Stay tuned for this Tues. Mai Tai Meeting. I believe it's at Grog's The Rumpus Room is on maternity leave so we are Field Trippin'! I will post details Monday sometime.

YAY! Congratulations Kirby and Polly! A brand new tiki baby at the Rumpus Room!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Oct 5, 2009 11:26 AM

Rumpus Room night at GROG Tahunga Room on Tuesday.

PM GROG or Hiphipahula for address.

If you want to bring something, Hiphipahula would know better than GROG what is needed. GROG raided GROG bar for alcohol to take to Kirby's, so GROG bar not as well-stocked as it was.

Don't expect GROG to give out pendants like Kirby does. GROG not as nice as Kirby.

[ Edited by: GROG 2009-10-05 12:28 ]

Tuesday the 6th of Oct. 2009 till further notice (we will keep you posted) The "Rumpus Room" will be on a field trip to GROG'S Home Bar as Kirby & Polly are on maturity leave their new baby boy just arrived this week So, we are going to give them some time to settle in. In the meantime Murph and Grog have offered to take the Ohana on! A big Thank You to Grog, Murph & all our Rumpus Room Ohana! Thank You Kirby & Polly for welcoming us all to your home all spring & summer. Congrats on the first Rumpus Room Baby Kirby & Polly!

See you all at GROG'S Home Bar Tuesday Please call me or pm Grog or Hiphipahula for the address to Grogs! This is going to be a gas man! See you there!

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-10-05 16:43 ]

On 2009-10-05 11:26, GROG wrote:
Rumpus Room night at GROG Tahunga Room on Tuesday.

PM GROG or Hiphipahula for address.

If you want to bring something, Hiphipahula would know better than GROG what is needed. GROG raided GROG bar for alcohol to take to Kirby's, so GROG bar not as well-stocked as it was.

Don't expect GROG to give out pendants like Kirby does. GROG not as nice as Kirby.

[ Edited by: GROG 2009-10-05 12:28 ]

Grog's home is located in Tujunga Ca.

Yes Tom & I are going to try to get over to Kirby's & pick up some of my booze as well as Tom's & the Rumpus Room booze. We thank you for any contributions you would like to make. As always you need a couple limes & lemons to enter :)

Don't forget ALL Tikiphiles are invited! See you there around 7:00pm
PM for the address

We will need Pineapple, orange juice & small cans of grapefruit & any others you want. Ginger beer etc. Please post here what your getting.

T

I will be bringing my Grog Mug, Lemons, Limes, Pineapple Juice and Egg Rolls from Ming's!

T

On 2009-10-05 20:03, TikiTorch wrote:
I will be bringing my Grog Mug, Lemons, Limes, Pineapple Juice and Egg Rolls from Ming's!

MING'S !!!!

Awesome !

See you tonight! PM Grog or me for the address. If it's after 2pm pm Grog.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Oct 6, 2009 12:19 PM

GROG grab some ice, pineapple juice, and grape juice.

J
JOBU posted on Wed, Oct 7, 2009 2:23 AM

Thank's GROG for opening up your home
You truly are a gentlemen among cavemen

Congrats POLLY and Thank You PAPPA KIRBY for the cigar

I'm sorry that people still don't know my name...
that's because Murph either takes pictures of my Drink or my Crotch :D

JOBU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EpLQ5u5Ugo

TT

Grog, the host with the most. Cool house. Kelly, behind the bar. Great company. What else does a guy need? Thank to everyone, had a great time.

T

GROG cave very nice !

On 2009-07-06 19:37, Hiphipahula wrote:
Mai Tai Meeting Tuesday 9/15/09 Please Come Your all Welcome. We always Throw a Great Party!! See page 10 !

Join Us!

Aloha! The "Rumpus Room” is Kirby and Polly's Home Tiki Bar.
Originally built by Grandpa as a room for the family to relax as the summer breeze squeezed past the louvered windows. Many years later becoming Grandmas boring ol' laundry room. This past year 2009 after months of hard work, the "Rumpus Room" was hand built by Kirby, Polly and fellow Tiki Ohana, Tiki Mango and Tiki G, with additional help from Tikiyaki Orchestra, Jim Bacchi and Marty Lush, they mostly just drank Mai Tais and watched us.....

All Tikiphile's are invited to the “Rumpus Room” every Tuesday Night unless noted. Please let us know if you plan to be in SoCal. in the areas of La Crescenta, Montrose, Tujunga, La Cañada - Flintridge, Glendale, Burbank, Pasadena or the San Fernando Valley on a Tuesday and can join us for a Mai Tai From 7pm-12am. Regular attendees of the “Rumpus Room” will be charted and with regular attendance will earn the right to become a member in great standing and you will be eligible to receive an Original “Kirby Art” “Rumpus Room Pendant”
*Just drop us a note to Kirby or Hiphipahula for directions to the "Rumpus Room"
Mahalo, Join us!

*Alcohol and Tips (for Rum) Donations are always welcome we depend on it and appreciate it.
*Lemon and Lime Donation required at the door :)
*BRING A MUG for your cocktail

Tuesday the 6th of Oct. 2009 till further notice (we will keep you posted) The "Rumpus Room" will be on a field trip to GROG'S Home Bar as Kirby & Polly are on maturity leave their new baby boy just arrived this week So, we are going to give them some time to settle in. In the meantime Murph and Grog have offered to take the Ohana on! A big Thank You to Grog, Murph & all our Rumpus Room Ohana! Thank You Kirby & Polly for welcoming us all to your home all spring & summer. Congrats on the first "Rumpus Room Baby Kirby & Polly!

Plan on 7:00 Tues. Night the 6th of Oct. PM Grog or myself for the address. See you there!

[ This Message was First edited by: Hiphipahula Somewhere around May-June of 2009 then over & over ]

G
GROG posted on Thu, Oct 8, 2009 12:30 PM

Are we back at Murph's next week?

I think that everyone wants it at yer place every week Grog.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2009-10-08 20:17 ]

Good times at Grog's cave!

DZ

On 2009-10-08 12:03, Hiphipahula wrote:

Tuesday the 6th of Oct. 2009 till further notice (we will keep you posted) The "Rumpus Room" will be on a field trip to GROG'S Home Bar as Kirby & Polly are on maturity leave their new baby boy just arrived this week So, we are going to give them some time to settle in. In the meantime Murph and Grog have offered to take the Ohana on! A big Thank You to Grog, Murph & all our Rumpus Room Ohana! Thank You Kirby & Polly for welcoming us all to your home all spring & summer. Congrats on the first "Rumpus Room Baby Kirby & Polly!

Plan on 7:00 Tues. Night the 6th of Oct. PM Grog or myself for the address. See you there!

Maturity leave?? I'm curious to see what happens to Kirby after that!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Oct 11, 2009 3:30 PM

Rumpus Room at GROG' Tahunga Room again this Tuesday, Oct.13.

So I saw on the news today that Tujunga Canyon is going to be evacuated because of possible mudslides.

GROG, are you included in this ?

G
GROG posted on Mon, Oct 12, 2009 10:37 AM

Nope. Still a GO for Tuesday.

Bring a boogie board,
then if you need to,
you can ride the mud slide down the hill.
:o

All Tikiphiles Welcome!! Grog's Bar 7:00- 7:30ish Bring a couple lemons & limes and if you like some munchies or anything else you would like we are always appreciative.

Here is a helpful list:

*Light Rum
*Chambord
Apricot Brandy
John D. Taylor Velvet Falernum or better, Marks :wink:
Madori
sweet & sour
peach nectar
guava nectar
papaya nectar
chunk pineapple

Grog is your Hot Tub up & Hot for the night?

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-10-13 00:33 ]

I've got the light rum covered. Also, I'm bringing some sweet and sour sauce for Dean's Ming egg rolls. As usual, though, I'll be there around 8:30-9.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Oct 13, 2009 10:19 AM

Yes Hip-hip,
GROG' hot tub heated and working well, so if anybody want to jump in Jacuzz, bring a swimsuit or shorts or birthday suit.
Murph, just park in GROG' driveway----maybe GROG neighbors will think it GROG' car.

On 2009-10-13 03:59, Trader Tom wrote:
I've got the light rum covered. Also, I'm bringing some sweet and sour sauce for Dean's Ming egg rolls. As usual, though, I'll be there around 8:30-9.

ooh good idea.......I'll bring some real NY duck sauce that Queen Kamehameha brought me from NY !

Lemon Hart Dem. Rum AND Lemon Hart 151 We could use if anyone would like to do so.

M
Murph posted on Tue, Oct 13, 2009 3:11 PM

On 2009-10-13 10:19, GROG wrote:
Murph, just park in GROG' driveway----maybe GROG neighbors will think it GROG' car.

Hey Grog, Ive got this for the back of the car. Should convince the neighbors.

M
Murph posted on Tue, Oct 13, 2009 3:13 PM

GROG' hot tub heated and working well, so if anybody want to jump in Jacuzz, bring a swimsuit or shorts or birthday suit.

Oh man, if you guys are going skinny dipping I've got to bring a lot more 151!!

I'm bringing some egg rolls and sweet and sour spareribs from Ming's.

On 2009-10-13 15:11, Murph wrote:

Hey Grog, Ive got this for the back of the car. Should convince the neighbors.

Oh the Joneses, .. anyway Grog look hip in exotic car I think!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Oct 13, 2009 4:53 PM

Now GROG just got to get Shelby Cobra from Amy, and GROG be stylin'.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1508 replies