Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Kirby's Rumpus Room 10yrs. & still going strong!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1,508 replies

Great Capt. Thanks! We are very out of 151 so anyone please?
Goslins 151 or Cruzan we would be very grateful :)

I'm hitting the Rumpus Room tonight, who else? Kirby just had a Birthday so I must make him a great cocktail & toast! Happy Birthday Kirby! See you here! PM Kirby for the address :)

Needs, a couple limes & lemons for entry to the Rumpus Room. If you have time to pre squeeze them please do, it really helps to get the cocktails out to you faster :)

ICE
Cruzan  151
Stoli Vodka
Coruba dark Rum
Coruba Coconut Rum or Malibu Coconut
Rye

P.S. Kirby & Polly's Rumpus Room has the "Boom Boom Room" Brian, headed out from Wa. D.C. ! I dig that so many Ohana from far away lands make Kirby's a "not to miss" stop on their tiki journey's . Please join us at 7:30

K
kirby posted on Tue, Mar 1, 2011 1:16 PM

Kellys not coming tonight so were gonna need somone to step up to bartend!!

JB

I'll try to mix up a batch of Eastern Sours.

G

I will be there with Ice and snacks. I will bring a recipe book just in case.

It's Tuesday & almost time for some Rumpus Room.
Who's in for tonight?

I'll be there, I need some RR ! 

Please don't forget limes & lemons for entry to the Rumpus Room if You can pre squeeze them that would rock...'and we could use some of this if you would like to donate:

ICE
Goslings Black Seal  151 or Cruzan 151 
Stoli 
Coruba dark 
Rye 
Ginger Ale 
Club Soda in small bottles 
Mint 

Great. I'm bringing a bunch of limes, ICE, snacks & some POG tropical fruit nectar (passion fruit, orange, guava)... as if people on TC wouldn't know that already.

Photos from last night!

[ Edited by: Capt. R.H. Falernum 2011-03-09 08:09 ]

TT

Nice pics Captain!

G

I plan on being at the Rumpus Room tonight. Anyone else?

TT

We'll be there with 16 oz. fresh squeezed lime juice, some lemon juice, and hopefully some mint!

TT

We had a good time last Tuesday, but we missed ya Kelly.

K
kirby posted on Sun, Mar 20, 2011 8:44 AM

Attention!! Rumpus Room is moving back to Wednesdays starting this week! I had a number of requests!

still waiting for it to come back to the Original Sunday.

Jeff(btd)

TT

On 2011-03-20 08:44, kirby wrote:
Attention!! Rumpus Room is moving back to Wednesdays starting this week! I had a number of requests!

Sweet, thanks Kirby! Now let's hope for some good weather!!!

Rumpus Room back to Wednesday Nights!

Trader Tom, I better see you there :wink:

On 2009-07-06 19:37, Hiphipahula wrote:

Mai Tai Meeting Wednesday nights! Please Join us, Your all Welcome. We always Throw a Great Party!!

Join Us!

Aloha! The "Rumpus Room” is Kirby and Polly's Home Tiki Bar.

Originally built by Grandpa as a room for the family to relax as the summer breeze squeezed past the louvered windows. Many years later becoming Grandmas boring ol' laundry room. This past year 2009 after months of hard work, the "Rumpus Room" was hand built by Kirby, Polly and fellow Tiki Ohana, Tiki Mango and Tiki G, with additional help from Tikiyaki Orchestra, Jim Bacchi and Marty Lush, they mostly just drank Mai Tais and watched us.....

All Tikiphile's are invited to the “Rumpus Room” every WEDNESDAY Night unless noted. Please let us know if you plan to be in SoCal. in the areas of La Crescenta, Montrose, Tujunga, La Cañada - Flintridge, Glendale, Burbank, Pasadena or the San Fernando Valley on a Wednesday and can join us for a Mai Tai, a Rumpus Room Original, a cocktail from HipHipaHulA's Famous Menu or maybe a vintage favorite strikes your fancy? The Rumpus Room is a fully stocked Rum Bar and we throw a heck of a party. The "Meeting" starts at about 7pm-12am. Every Wednesday night. Regular attendees of the “Rumpus Room” will be eligible to receive an Original “Kirby Art” “Rumpus Room Tiki Pendant”
*Just drop us a note to Kirby or Hiphipahula for directions to the "Rumpus Room"
Mahalo, Join us!

*Alcohol and Tips (for Rum) Donations are always welcome we depend on it and appreciate it.
*Lemon and Lime Donation required at the door :)
*BRING A MUG for your cocktail and leave it or take it home with you.
*Snacks & Sweets are also welcome if you have something you would like to share.

[ Message was First edited by: Hiphipahula Somewhere around February, March of 2009 then over & over.

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2011-03-21 12:23 ]

Wednesday Nights! YAYAYAY!!!
I might even be able to make it THIS week!

AF

9:30 and I was just getting ready to head out there with a bottle of Coruba, glad I checked first! Shooting for next week, I'll save the bottle for then...
A

On 2011-03-21 12:27, Hiphipahula wrote:
Rumpus Room back to Wednesday Nights!

Trader Tom, I better see you there :wink:

Wednesday nights will be much better since my mother-in-law will be able to watch Joseph for me. However, as luck would have it, she has plans for this Wednesday, so I can't make it. ):

Next Wednesday (FOR SURE) and most Wednesdays after this, though, I will be able to be there! Thanks for the switch-a-roo !!!

Rumpus Room tonight!

Here's a wish list, we need help, any donations are greatly appreciated …

Rumps Room Needs
ICE
*Passion Fruit Syrup (Torani)
*Goslings  151 or Cruzan 151
Coruba Dark Rum
Coconut Rum
Stoli
Rye

Tonga Hut Since 1958
12808 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2011-03-23 14:10 ]

Dammit.

Bad news (for me): I won't be able to make it out to the RR tonight -- but the return to Wednesday nights means I'll be able to make it more often!
Hope to see everyone next week!

[ Edited by: Capt. R.H. Falernum 2011-03-23 15:14 ]

I'm NOT going to be able to make it tonight. Parts of the 14 fwy are shut down or at a standstill. If I make it out I want to be able to ge home. I am sorry. See you NEXT Wednesday.

Thanks for moving it back to Wednesdays -- that works better for me. I can't be there tonight but I'll be there next Wednesday for sure.

K
kirby posted on Wed, Mar 23, 2011 5:09 PM

Kellys Not coming ,no grog, no capn, Its raining like crazy,and everybody is sick around here,
So I am going to have to speak the words no Rumpus Roomer ever wants to hear...

RUMPUS ROOM IS CANCELED TONIGHT!!
Sorry!
Please spread the word!!

TT

Well, that will save everyone a drive in crappy weather. :)
The Bearded Bastard and Annie will have to postpone off their first visit until next Wednesday.
We'll see you and them...then!

Even though I couldn't make it.... Canceled?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo!

I propose we all enjoy a cocktail tonight, wherever we may be, in honor the the Rumpus Room.
Have a sip & spill a little out in recognition of the bar, the night, the legend.

(Of course, this means I'll be getting mai tai all over my desk & computer... but it's worth it.)

Yea! Rumpus Room moves back to Wednesdays.....
if only gas prices would go down too.

I will be bringing about 20 lbs of lemons this week for the Rumpus Room party so no one will have to bring lemons. No squeezer here though so I will have to juice them at the party.

See you Wednesday.

Tonight! Let's party! See ya here! 7:30 Bring squeezed lemons & limes if you have time. You MUST bring a couple each of lemons & limes for entry to the Rumpus Room.

Here's a wish list:

ICE!!
Mint
Fresh Bottles of: Pineapple Juice, Orange Juice, SODA Water, No Canned pineapple juice please :)
Coruba Dark Rum
Goslings 151 or Cruzan 151
Coruba Coconut Rum/ Malibu
Passion Fruit Syrup Torani Brand
Real Coco Squeeze
Stoli Vodka
Rye
Anything you would like to donate :)

Tonga Hut Since 1958
12808 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2011-03-30 10:33 ]

Fantastic. I can't wait!
I'll be bringing limes & a 20 lb. bag of ice (and whatever else I can grab on the way).

I'll be there on the earlier side with some Malibu Rum, Monin simple syrup, and citrus. See you soon!

TT

Photos from last night.
Happy Birthday Patricia!!!

Tonight! Let's party! See ya here! 7:30 Bring squeezed lemons & limes if you have time. You MUST bring a couple each of lemons & limes for entry to the Rumpus Room.

Here's a wish list:

ICE!!
Mint
Fresh Bottles of: Pineapple Juice, Orange Juice, SODA Water, No Canned pineapple juice please
Goslings 151 or Cruzan 151
Coruba Coconut Rum/ Malibu
-->*Passion Fruit Syrup Torani Brand
Stoli Vodka
Rye
Mahalo for your donation :)

TT

Aaargh!

My mother-in-law and my back-up babysitter both bailed on me for tonight to watch Joe.

If Ilene gets home from work on the early side I'll try to make it over, but otherwise it looks like I'm stuck at home.

TT

Who's going to the pre-Mojave Oasis Rumpus Room tonight?

JB

I am.

G

I will be there.

M
Murph posted on Wed, Apr 13, 2011 5:06 PM

I'm there.

The Flaming Tiki's will be there....
with Rum & Party Mix snacks.

will we be
celebrating Tonga Tom's Birthday tonight.

TT

Guess I better be there then!
See y'all tonight!

I'll be there.....finally!

See you there soon!

Th Flaming Tikis enjoyed Wednesday night at the Rumpus Room,
Mahalo to all,
especially Kirby and Polly,
we also wanted to send a special Mahalo to Trader Tom for
tending bar & keeping our mugs full,
in Kelly's absence.

Get Well wishes for Kelly, hope your feeling better soon,
Mojave Oasis is just in a couple of days.......

That was fun! Thanks to everyone who made it out.

I'm not sure if I'll make it out this next Wednesday since my babysitter for Joe is going to be in Arizona that week, however, I wanted to give you guys the LIST of what we need for next week while it's still fresh in my mind.

THE LIST:

Ice
Straws
Mint
Fresh Bottles of Pineapple Juice (no canned pineapple juice please).
Grapefruit Juice
Passion Fruit Syrup Torani Brand
Real Coco Squeeze
el Dorado Demerara Rum
Creme de Cacao
LIMES & LEMONS
Anything you would like to donate...

TT

Here's some photos from last week. It was the Bearded Bastard's first visit, my pre-birthday party, and the pre-party to the amazing Mojave Oasis! Thank you Flaming Tiki for the birthday cake! Thanks to Sherri for snappin' some pix. Sorry Murph, you snuck out before the group shout. :(

T

Manuel is on an early schedule this week, so we can finally go Rumpus Rooming for a bit, until 9pm or so.

Sadly, we can't stay out too late on account of my horrible schedule, but we'll make the most of it, we've been away from the Rumpus Room for too long!

See everybody tomorrow!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1508 replies