Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Kirby's Rumpus Room 10yrs. & still going strong!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1,508 replies

Looks like it will be a blast!

I just wanted to add that the times are flexible. If you want to dodge traffic and arrive earlier that is great.
Mahalo,
Todd

G
GROG posted on Wed, Sep 18, 2013 9:04 PM

GROG wish GROG could have made this, but GROG was just released from the hospital, and not really up for getting out and about yet. Yesterday at this time I was in ICU just several hours after surgery. You guys have fun. GROG miss ya'll.

Hey that was Grog excuse to not join us for skateboarding & cocktails, today!
we will give you another couple of days Ernie then I am taking out those stitches.

TT

It was great to have the Rumpus Roomers back together again!
Todd ... thank you for hosting, really diggin' the "Topside Officers Club" and looking forward to returning.
Kelly ... thank you for the excellent (as always) cocktails! It was great to have the Shaka Hula Bossa Nova once again!
Hoping to have some more photos up soon.
TT

Great time! Thanks againTodd for hosting and to all the gang. Thanks Tom for the photos! Grog, we will see you soon, love you buddy!!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Oct 7, 2013 10:36 AM

Thanks Kelly. Miss ya'll.

TT

Better late than never ... Here are more photos from the traveling Rumpus Room last month at Todd's Topside Officers Club.

Nice photos Tom! It was a great evening! :)

Looks great - sorry we missed it. However, I will not be taking a number.

kevin

BK

Any Rumpus Room activity between 11/12 & 11/19?

J
JOHN-O posted on Mon, Nov 4, 2013 9:36 AM

On 2013-11-01 09:00, Big Kahuna wrote:
Any Rumpus Room activity between 11/12 & 11/19?

Here you go :)

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2013-11-05 10:10 ]

LOL...love the complaint department. Looking forward to the sweater pictures this year.

TT

Here's some pics from the Sweater/'satche party at the RR ...

TT

And some more ...

Thanks Tom! Sweet photos - I can't believe I didn't keep that mustache around longer.

Kirby and Polly: thank you for hosting all of our ugly mugs and threads. The Rumpus Room keeps getting better and better! This was a highlight of our holidays.

kevin

TT

Yeah, what Kevin said! :)

G

bump

The rumpus room looks like so much fun!. Great pictures.

[ Edited by: MissClaireTiki 2014-03-26 23:29 ]

TT

Anything going on?

TT

"All the regulars in the back please!" :)
Lots of new faces at the RR last night, it was great to be back!

You can see a larger version of this pic at http://tongatom.blogspot.com

On 2014-04-10 19:59, Tonga Tom wrote:

This still happens? Tiki Central doesn't get regular updates so I didn't think this still happened every Wednesday.

Miss you Rumpus...hope to be back soon.

kevin

On 2014-04-10 20:33, Onyx_Noir wrote:

On 2014-04-10 19:59, Tonga Tom wrote:

This still happens? Tiki Central doesn't get regular updates so I didn't think this still happened every Wednesday.

It's actually been the first one since the ugly sweater mustache party of 2013. You haven't missed much. :)

Aloha Rumpus Room! We are traveling over to the Waikiki Womb on Wednesday 4/29/14 7pm
Bring the usual limes & lemons pre-squeezed if possible!
Also snacks & a bathing suit. :) see you there!

T
TNT posted on Wed, Apr 30, 2014 7:22 AM

Oh man, Tim is working really late today. We miss spending time with everyone - enjoy a cocktail and a dip in the pool for us.
Cheers
teresa & tim

G
GROG posted on Wed, Apr 30, 2014 11:09 AM

That's OK. You can show up without Tim. :D

G
GROG posted on Wed, Apr 30, 2014 11:10 AM

[ Edited by: GROG 2014-04-30 11:10 ]

L
lava posted on Fri, Jun 13, 2014 12:05 PM

Traveling RUMPUS ROOM 6/18 being held at the "Caldera Beach Club" 7-10pm. It's very close to the Original Location of Kirby's Rumpus Room.
Text 818 257 2051 for address and include an estimated head count.
Bring swimming attire. The pool is in the low 90s and the Lava Love Bucket even hotter.
All the usual offerings are appreciated but the main offering should be focused on tips for our Mixologist who always takes care of the Rumpus Room members. She almost always goes out of HER pocket for your BUZZ, but not at the Caldera Beach Club! I will be offering a very special gift for the first 20 who tip Kelly well.

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jun 16, 2014 12:32 PM

Somebody send GROG address for the new mystery location of the Traveling Rumpus Room this week.

Me too, Plz

I could use that address as well.

Maybe you could post directions from the Rumpus Room e.g. "2 blocks up the street, make a left at the street that starts with a B or whatever."

Just an idea.

L
lava posted on Tue, Jun 17, 2014 12:42 PM

Like it says, text me for address. That how I know how many to expect & how much shit to buy for you! 818 257 2051
Here at the CBC we like to be prepared for our all our guests!

TT

Thank you lava for hosting a traveling Rumpus Room at the Caldera Beach Club. A great time had by all!

You can see a larger image on the TT blog or Facebook.

TT

Is anyone in the mood for a TRR other than Kelly and I??

TT

Yes!

T

Ae!
Hai!
Si!
Oui!

That's all the languages in which I know how to say HELLS YEAH!!!

http://ericoctober.com

[ Edited by: tobunga 2014-10-07 01:40 ]

TT

Please join us for a traveling Rumpus Room at the "Topside" club. Festivities start at 6:30 but early arrival is fine for anyone dodging traffic times. We should arrive back in port around 11pm.
Join the fun! Cocktails and good company. Bring a suit, Todd says the pool is warm & awaits you!
Please PM Todd or Kelly for the address & let us know if you're coming so I have a idea of how many I will be mixing for. Please plan on tipping to pay for booze
What to bring:
ICE
Snacks
A Bathing Suit
A very small amount of pre-squeezed lemon & lime juice.
Your Party Attitude! See you the 22nd.
MAHALO!

TT

Great time at the Topside Club last night!
Thanks to Todd, Belinda, Kelly and all who attended.

G

In an attempt to keep up the momentum on Rumpus Room field trips, I have decided to host at the Lothario Lounge.

The Lothario Lounge is a mid-century tiki-styled bachelor pad apartment in South Pasadena CA.
It leans more towards "Tiki Modern" than "Book of Tiki."

Wednesday November 19th is the night. 7 -11PM is the time.
Kelly says that she is unable to attend, so I will be providing the libations for the evening.

Regular RR rules apply. Bring a premix if you like

PM me for details. Hope to see you there.

T

Yay! Sounds like fun!

And it will give us a chance to see a certain tiki mug in its natural habitat!

We might even be able to whip up a small batch of something to bring along!

I miss the Rumpus Room.

Also: if one more person posts, we'll have this noble thread make the leap to 100 PAGES of Rumpus Room memories! :)

AF

Wow...I thought 50 pages was a lot! RR @ 100!

Oops! Forgot to post this pic from the last Rumpus Room field trip to the Lothario Lounge last November.

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Jan 26, 2015 3:11 PM

Rumpus Room @ 100 pages? WOW!!

Miss you RR guys and gals - hopefully I'll attend the next RR gathering as I'm in need of a nice tropical beverage just about now.

Here's to another 100 pages here on Tiki Central - CHEERS!

where is Kirby?

Good question, BTD!

On 2015-01-18 16:55, Capt. R.H. Falernum wrote:
I miss the Rumpus Room.

Same.

Kevin

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1508 replies