Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Kirby's Rumpus Room 10yrs. & still going strong!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1,508 replies

G
GROG posted on Thu, Mar 18, 2010 5:50 PM

We did have 3 new visitors to Rumpus Room, and Misha looked totally precious in her St. Patty's day outfit with the cute hat.

And, thanks Kelly, for serving up the delicious drinks.

GROG
Get better soon Tiki-Kate.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-03-18 18:03 ]

Is the Rumpus Room open to all Tiki Central members or do you need to have a double chin? Either way I'm covered but thought I'd check first. :lol:

Where is the Rombus Room? Looks like so much fun. Can we join?

i've been invited back for my second guest appearance at the rumpus room on mar 31. this time i vow to party long past 9:30!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Mar 22, 2010 7:27 PM

La Crescenta.

On 2010-03-22 18:25, tikilands wrote:
Where is the Rombus Room? Looks like so much fun. Can we join?

the rombus room is in geometrytown.

Alright! Bulls in da house!!

NO Lemons or Limes this week we have a ton of
leftovers.

Since the angels decided to partake in a few rounds of "Lights out" we have no Lemon Hart 151 So angels, how about chipping in a bottle so we can do it all again :)

The R. R. Could also use:
Lemon Hart 151
Lemon Hart Reg.
Orgeat (Torani)
Simple Syrup
Sweet & Sour
Stoli
Kerns Necters Papaya, Peach, Gauva, Mango
Real Coco squeeze

anyone think of anything else?
See you Wensday night :)

paper towels
toilet paper
very small cutting board

K
kirby posted on Tue, Mar 23, 2010 9:19 AM

I picked up a brand new mighty OJ juicer for the limes and lemons!!

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Mar 23, 2010 9:23 AM

Kirby -

Holy Cripes - that juicer looks KICK-ARSE!

Can't make it this Wednesday - but I'll be there on the 31st for sure to see the juicer in action :)

Take Care all. G

On 2010-03-23 09:23, TikiG wrote:
Can't make it this Wednesday - but I'll be there on the 31st for sure to see the juicer in action :)

i was getting stoked reading this as i was thinking g wants to be there when i am. nope, he can't wait til see da freakin' juicer! mahalo brah!

T

:lol:

When I said I wanted to see "The Juicer" in action...I WAS talkin' 'bout you!!

Seriously Kings...can't wait to get back to the Rumpus Room...AND

continue from where we left off last August, what? G

Yes, that juicer is the bomb. I have an old vintage one, identical design. I tested it against 2 other electric juicers--hands down it is the best. At another house, we have 2 orange trees and it pounds out the juice. Mighty fine purchase!

T

Hey Kelly!

The guilty angels have plucked Lemon Hart 151 from the ether and have entrusted a bottle to us for delivery to the Rumpus Room this Wednesday.

We'll also be bringing some Real Coco squeeze.

We have some home made sweet and sour, plus a new sundried tomato syrup to for experimenting!

Yeah, that juicer looks like it will make short work of any citrus fruit!

Looking forward to another visit from the King this week, too!

On 2010-03-23 09:19, kirby wrote:
I picked up a brand new mighty OJ juicer for the limes and lemons!!

HOLY SHIT!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ICE, ICE, BABY!!!

sigh, if only i could generate 1/10th the excitement that a new juicer brings. i'm looking forward to coming anyway and showing g my juicer skillz.

Bull i am excited as I posted above :) the juicer rocks though if you have seen what we go through.......... almost as good as Christmas a juicer & Bullet all in one week!!

On 2010-03-22 23:26, Hiphipahula wrote:
Alright! Bulls in da house!!

NO Lemons or Limes this week we have a ton of
leftovers.

i'm only k'den, sistah. i can't wait to visit da socal ohana for a few days.

Forget simple syrup, Kelly. I'm gonna make two bottles of Gomme Syrup -- one for you and one for the Rumpus Room. They lost my package of gum arabic in the mail and I've had to wait an extra four weeks but the replacement shipment arrived today. Now we can see if that silky smooth texture is as good as I've been hearing it is. As always, I'll bring some odds and ends as well. See you all soon.

T
TNT posted on Wed, Mar 24, 2010 3:25 PM

We'll bring the stoli and I think we have a small new cutting board - I'll check when I get home. What about ice?
teresa

Wow!! Thank you Kirby and Polly!!

I had a really good time at the Rumpus Room last night - probably too good a time since I'm moving slowly this morning and don't remember much. I know there were some excellent drinks courtesy of Hiphipahula and Trader Tom :D I also remember I was talking too much toward the end and that at some point GROG and I decided that Summer Glau was Tiki and if you didn't agree with us we'd be upset. :lol:

mmmmmm, summer glau! i hope you're recovered enough by next wed to come do it again, boris.

Me too!

T
TNT posted on Thu, Mar 25, 2010 3:08 PM

Last night was a perfect way to shake off a very stressful day.

TT

Glad to be back at the Rumpus Room. Kelly and Tom were tickling our taste buds with some new and amazing concoctions, I hope someone was writing them down. Thanks to Eric, Kent, and anyone else who used my camera to help grab images of the fun times we had last night. Can't wait to see you all again on Sunday at Tonga Hut for the Art Show and The Hula Girls!

I gotta admit, having Boris at the R. R. was a total blast! Hope you come back again soon :)

Thanks R. R. Clan as always & Thanks Kirby & Polly for allowing us to throw the best parties every week!

Tonight's R. R. I'll be there how bout you? I'm in need of some R&R...

I know we are in need of:

ICE
Lemons & Limes
Kerns Necters
Small bottles of Gingerale & Club Soda
12 oz Plastic clear cups
Paper Towels & TP

Anything else???

See ya here

G
GROG posted on Wed, Mar 31, 2010 9:56 AM

GROG bring Coconut rum, paper towels and lemons&limes, small plastic cups.
Oh yeah... and ice.

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-03-31 10:00 ]

T

We'll be at the RR tonight...will bring stuff too :)

See you all later. G

G
GROG posted on Wed, Mar 31, 2010 10:31 AM

KINGSTIDYE will be at the Rumpus Room tonight! Yay!!

Hove another drink, Tonga Tom.

G
GROG posted on Wed, Mar 31, 2010 10:38 AM

Now, if we could just get Summer Glau to the Rumpus Room, things would be great!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Apr 1, 2010 9:47 AM

We had 20 people or so at the Rumpus Room last night! Busy night at the Rumpus Room. It was fun.

No Summer Glau, though. No Tobunga and Manuel either. Where were you guys?

And GROG figured Trader Tom would be there to celebrate getting his Doctorate a couple of days ago.(Congrats Doctor Tom). Maybe Dr. Tom had enough drinking the day before taste-testing at the Tonga Hut.

Thanks Kelly for mixing up the great drinks.

G
GROG posted on Thu, Apr 1, 2010 9:57 AM

TT

Here's the photos from last night...

T

Dang! Manuel and I are sorry we missed last night! Heard Tonga Tom finally brought his tripod and everything! Looks like we missed out the return of Bullet, Sooner, Dean and Claudia!
Plus is that A-Frame lurking about in the background?

And pink bunny peeps!

See you all next week, though!

woohoo! big fun at the rumpus room! i had a great time hanging out wed night. i made some new friends like tyler, murph, dean & claudia, tom & sherry, kent, etc, etc, and got to catch up with old friends like kirby, polly, tikig, mel, grog, hiphipahula, jim. it's only the second time i've hung out with sooner, but believe me, it's been a memorable event both times! mahalo braddah!
and a special shout out to grog for inviting me down and giving me a rock at the cave. i had a blast and hope i've earned a return visit some time.
kirby, it was really great hanging for a few hours on saturday. polly, thanks for bringing us lunch too!
the only thing as good as norcal ohana is socal ohana. thanks gang, i can't wait to do it again.

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2010-04-02 12:48 ]

S

Nice Kirby I love the Rumpus Room. Looks like a great time.

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Apr 5, 2010 11:16 AM

Kirby, Polly and Tyler always host a great evening at the Rumpus Room, and last Wednesday was no exception (Thanks to the Fleming family and a special nod to Kelly 'Hiphipahula' for the drinks :)) Besides the usual cast of characters firmly entrenched at the Rumpus Room every Wednesday evening, I was stoked that Kingstiedye himself made the pilgrimage south because I brought a surprise especially for him.

Knowing that Kingstiedye is in-process of creating and decorating his home tiki "Pupule Hut", I thought it would be a kick to present a gift to him - a custom TikiG painting that somehow captures the spirit of Kingtiedye's love and passion for modern tiki-mugs.

Over the course of three evenings I painted "Kane's Magical Garden." This Hawaiian scene features Kane (left) during a moment of tiki-mug creation. On the right there are six of some of Kingstiedye's favorite modern tiki-mugs "rising" up out of the ground...Tiki Tony's Pupu, Crazy Al's Tiki King, Bosko's Cook Island Fisherman's God, Munktiki's Frankenskull, Tiki Diablo's Tambu and Gecko's Augie Colon. Also depicted is a sandy beach with ocean waves, active volcano in background, lush plants and mountains - all painted in various shades of blue, purple, green and Earth-tone.

So I presented Kingstiedye with my painting. I'm proud to say he loves it!

Thanks to Melekilikimaka for the next photo...a rare :wink: pic of the Filipino/Hawaiian contingent at Kirby's Rumpus Room.

That's all the pics I can share this time...the rest came up blurry!!

Take Care all and I'll see everyone again soon. Aloha! G

TT

I'm staying home sick with a sore throat tonight. That makes two in a row I'm missing! I'm gonna be really thirsty next week!!!

TT

Sorry that we missed everyone last night at the Rumpus Room. Did anyone take pics?
We were unfortunately stuck at The Beachcomber Cafe in Crystal Cove for Sherriyaki's Mom's birthday...I know, so sad. I do recommend getting reservations on-line if you decide to go. BTW- I am wearing a Tikiyaki shirt (that's the red peaking through). Can't wait to see you all next week. We might even drag my Mom along since she will be in town.

Here's drink number one...

And, drinks number two...

M

I need to find a way to make it up for one of these things.. it looks like a great time.

G
GROG posted on Mon, Apr 12, 2010 12:38 AM

Kelly's extra ingredients in her drinks may have a few side effects, but damn they sure are tasty!!

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-04-12 00:44 ]

Oh, Grog. That might be your most haunting and mesmerizing photo yet.

I can't wait until I can make it to another Rumpus Room Mai Tai meeting... if for no other reason than to get my OWN second set of eyes.

A Little R&R at the Rumpus Room Tonight! We hope to see ya here Tiki People. Don't forget your lemons & limes you will need them at the door.

Wish List for tonight Apr 14 2010

-ICE
-Lemons & Limes
-Passion Fruit Syrup(Torani)
-Orange Juice
-Blackstrap Rum (Cruzan, Kracken)
-Madori
-Cream De Cassis
-St. James Royal Amber Rum Martinique(Mai Tai's)
-Coruba Dark Rum
-Myers Dark Rum
-Birch Beer(dark if possible)
-Ginger Beer(Cock & Bull)
-Soda Water

-Long Straws
-Regular Straws or Long Cocktail Straws

Need help finding Rum?

In the Valley:

*Wine and Liquor Depot - San Fernando Valley's Largest Liquor Store
16938 Saticoy St.
Van Nuys CA, 91406

Store Hours:
Monday - Saturday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sunday: Noon - 5:00 pm

Telephone:
Toll-Free 888-622-1414
Local 818-996-1414
Fax 818-996-3161

*Mission Liq. Pasadena
1785 Washington Boulevard

*Mission Liq. Glendale
825 W. Glenoaks Blvd., Glendale 91202
Pasadena, CA 91104

*Hi-Time Wine Cellars
250 Ogle Street Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Store Hours: Sunday 10am -6pm | Mon-Wed 9am-7pm | Thurs-Sat 9am-9pm
(949) 650-8463

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2010-04-14 15:20 ]

T

We're bringing ice, orange juice, lemons and limes, plus some homemade sweet & sour and simple syrup!

Got the Coruba covered. See you tonight!

TT

Another tiki-tastic turnout!!! Thanks for welcoming "Tonga Mom" with open arms on her inaugural visit to the Rumpus Room, we'll have to bring her back next year. I will post more pics later, but I wanted to get this group shot up tonight (this morning). See you all at Tonga Hut's Big LebowsTiki & Marmot Fest Friday, April 16!!! Thank you for my awesome card Eric, and thank you to all who signed it!! Sorry we missed you Murph, it must have been past your bedtime. :P

G
GROG posted on Thu, Apr 15, 2010 10:18 AM

Murph added. Now picture complete.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1508 replies