Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Kirby's Rumpus Room 10yrs. & still going strong!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1,508 replies

TA

Does this mean NO RUMPUS ROOM...!!!...???...:(

GAH! I don't know. It's Wednesday. I'd like to get together somewhere! Tiki Ti (or similar) is fine, I guess; but it'd be better to get to a location where we can enjoy the superior Hiphipahula cocktails.

Talking to Kirby, the plan is going to be, we are meeting up at a couple choice Rumpus Roomer's home tiki spaces not commercial spaces it's all about "Rumpus Rooms" and home spaces. We are putting a rotation of homes in for the rest of January and Febuary then back to Kirby & Polly's. We will be in touch so stay posted. :)

TA

So I'm at Tiki Ti and no one is here..???? Great...!!!! Oh well, drinks are Good and got a MUG..!!!!

TA

So I'm at Tiki Ti and no one is here..???? Great...!!!! Oh well, drinks are Good and got a MUG..!!!!

J

You must be having a good time... you're repeating yourself !!

And China... It's eveeel. :(

M

If you like you can put the Waikiki Womb on that list.
I can't keep quite as late night hours as the Rumpus Room though... it's a school night for me :D
but it will be good to keep the group going and give Kirby and Polly a much deserved break.

Murph

WaikikiWomb

[ Edited by: Murph 2012-01-11 23:31 ]

I wish that I could offer my new concept bar: the Roving Rumpus 7500. Yes, it's portable; but we haven't been able to work out the kinks* yet.
*Legionnaires' Disease. The kinks are that everyone that drinks from it gets Legionnaires' Disease.

G

Any update on this Wednesday? I can host if necessary.

I can't do tomorrow night but we are lining up for the week after as well, arggg I have small touch of the flu. I'll be in touch.

M
Murph posted on Mon, Jan 30, 2012 1:46 PM

This Wednesday the Rumpus Room is taking a Field Trip to visit the Waikiki Womb. See everyone Wednesday night!

Do you "Like" this post?

I'm gonna try to make it tonight - looking forward to seeing the Rumpus-ers!

Thank you Murph for Hosting a great party at the Womb as always. We even made it out in pretty good time for a school night :wink:
That was fun!

Thank you Murph for Hosting a great party at the Womb as always. We even made it out in pretty good time for a school night :wink:
That was fun!

TT

Fun times last night, glad we made it back from Dana Point in time!

Larger version can be found here:
http://tongatom.blogspot.com/2012/02/rumpus-room-at-waikiki-womb-212012.html

Hey Tom, where's the group shot from the previous week? ...and where how do I get the Mike Sr pics? :)

TT

On 2012-02-02 14:37, bigbrotiki wrote:
Hey Tom, where's the group shot from the previous week? ...and where how do I get the Mike Sr pics? :)

It's secretly hiding in a place for those who pay attention to my signature. :wink:
People have already taken it from there and posted on Facebook.
Here it is for those who don't want to go on a little journey, or do have a magnifying glass. :wink:
As for the Mike Sr. & Kelly photo, check your email.

TT

Here's a few more from the week before at Tiki Island, above the Silverlake...

T
TikiG posted on Fri, Feb 3, 2012 10:36 AM

Thanks for posting the above photos Tom -

I took a photo of Michael Sr, Kelly and Sven that evening too - it captures the spirit of the moment in spades!

TT

Awesome photo Greg!

Great photos fellows! Thanks so much!

Rumpus Room at Kirby & Polly's Rumpus Room this week! Wednesday the 8th 2012

Please help out with your lemons & limes(just a couple of each) for entry and if you have time to pre squeeze that always a tiki blessing.

We could use some donations and we are always thankful we need,

ICE
Rum's - Coruba Dark, Mt.Gay, Eldorado 5 yr. ANY would be so helpful.
Torani Passion Fruit Syrup
Pineapple Juice
Orange Juice
Grapefruit Juice
Fresh or (small cans are helpful so we are not wasting and will hold while we are on field trips)
Taylors Velvet Falernum

You're Invited! Need the address? Please p.m. Kirby
See you at the Rumpus Room!

Val and I are going to try and make it to Rumpus Room tonight. Val woke up feeling a little bit ragged (still feeling effects from our "Mammoth Mishap"), but hopefully it'll pass. We'll bring squeezed citrus and rum if we make it.

Mahalo!

kevin

TT

Sherri and I will be bring lots o' pre-squeezed lime juice.
Probably some lemon too.

K

I will be missing another get together due to my ugly call times. In fact, I'll be heading to work while some of you are still hanging out at Kirby's! Being a grownup sucks sometimes! :) Have fun, and make it count, I want to live it vicariously later!

K

How did I miss the sing-a-long?! :-)

TT

After two funtastic field trips, we have the first official RR of the year!
Shaka Hula Bossa Nova baby!!!

Larger version here:
http://tongatom.blogspot.com/2012/02/rumpus-room-282012.html

Val and I had a great time on our first visit to an official RR. In fact, rumpus might just be my new favorite word.

Mahalo to everyone for making us feel welcome.

kevin

J

Man, one Shaka Hula Bossa Nova and I look sh*t-faced. I think Kelly put 6 shots in mine.

It's... been... so... long.

Join FaceBook

Your Group Has Been Migrated

Apparently the old format was "migrated" if you didn't ask FB to migrate you with a "hit this button if you wish to migrate with new format" button it did not automatically add you to the group. Please rejoin the "Fan Page" :)

http://www.facebook.com/​groups/74976612694/
The Rumpus Room

MT

Any Rumpus Room shenanigans scheduled for this coming Wednesday? :D

K
kirby posted on Tue, Feb 21, 2012 4:35 PM

Lets do it!!! Any one else up for it???

I'm in see you there I'm bringing black strap rum. We need new fresh OJ and Pineapple juices in SMALL bottles.
Bring limes & lemons for entry (pre squeeze if you have the time)

Everyone is invited please pm Kirby for the address.

Need:
Falernum-Taylor's Velvet Falernum
Coruba Dark Rum
Lemon Hart 151

Anything you would care to donate & thank you :)

T

Manuel is off of his grueling 14-hour days, so looks like we can swing it this week!

See you guys tomorry!

So long as my ski partner escapes from her latest doctor appointment unscathed, we'll be there...rum and citrus in tow.

Kevin

T

Manuel is off of his grueling 14-hour days, so looks like we can swing it this week!

See you guys tomorry!

P.S. Making "Kelly's Special" tonight as well as "Shaka Hula's" and whatever your feelin'
See you tonight :)

Yay, work is finally allowing me to Rumpus with you all! Got pineapple juice! And citrus!

Aloha! On my way!

TT

Last night at The Rumpus Room...

Larger version can be seen here:
http://tongatom.blogspot.com/2012/02/rumpus-room-2222012.html

Great pic!!! Miss you guys!

Looks like we may be flying down for a brief Disneyland visit from March 9th to 11th. Our year pass is about to expire and Joseph has been going through Disney withdrawal.

If it works out, I'll be sure to post details. I probably won't have a rental car to go visit everyone, but if anyone is in the vicinity of Trader Sams, maybe we could meet up for a cocktail or two.

AF

Dang, that's a great pic! Too many BB games on Wednesday nites, but that ends soon!! See you at the Room!

I'd love to hook up Tom , I'll be in touch.

MT

Looks like that was a great time! Sorry I missed it. :( I ended up getting bogged down in work obligations, and as a matter of fact didn't get off work until midnight that night! My apologies to everyone at the Rumpus Room. Hope to catch you some time soon. I'm still in Southern Calif, might be heading home tomorrow? :wink:

I'd like to meet up with you Tom. Maybe a number of us can make a Rumpus Room field trip down to Trader Sam's?

K

Field trip! It would be great to see you and your family, Tom! I'm in! Let me know when you're going :)

G

I haven't been to Trader Sam's yet so keep me in the loop. Looking forward to seeing Trader Tom again.

Kirby & Polly's Rumpus Room! Tomorrow night March 7 2012

Hope you all can make it out to mix & mingle, You're invited! Do you need a address? Please PM Kirby for directions.

Please bring your lemons & limes (only a couple of each) for entry to the Rumpus Room of you have time to pre-squeeze your fruit that would be awesome too.

Rumpus Room needs a couple of items if you would like to donate they are:

Wish List:

ICE
Coco Real Squeeze (coconut syrup in the white squeeze bottle Vons market has it)
Orange Juice
Any Liqueurs, you know the ones
Grand Mariner(similar)
Cruzan Light Rum
Mt.Gay Rum
Vodka, Gin, Rye

See you at Kirby & Polly's Thank You Kirby :)

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2012-03-07 15:45 ]

Rumpus you say? Val and I will be out with ice, citrus, and falernum.

See you there!

kevin

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 1508 replies