Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Clysdalle's art ..FINISHED...New Islander Headhunter painting complete with process pics!!.. pg.67!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 999 replies

thanks hewey...it may look like I'm flying but I already have 15 hours into this guy at least. Got a ton of line work done last night and will finish it tonight! Stay tuned for pics tomorrow of the finished board ready to be delivered to the show!

F

Man, love the how the black makes that detail pop out on the great zombie board, I can't wait to see more. Very cool style you have going on.

MAN! you are crazy! Crazy Great! Love it!

Thanks TC'rs.....just wait....the black paint flies tonight!!!

FINISHED!!!!

This guy took a long f'in time...had WIP pics from the very start but lost them...had to start back up halfway. You can see them here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dlozeau/sets/72157604687099681/

"Make Mine A Zombie"
8' 1shot on surfboard

H
hewey posted on Tue, Apr 29, 2008 8:21 PM

How come the glass is tipped but the top of the drink isnt horizontal? :wink:

Looks awesome mate, cant beleive you got this bad boy done so quickly :D :D

that's because it's a glass full of warm blood and guts...thick...like maple syrup :wink:

Dude! Dude! It came out awesome!

So wonderfully evil.. I love the couple little skulls thrown in.. perfection.

Excellent! Top notch work. Where do you get your boards? Do you buy new or used? Again, great art.

thanks guys.....this one was fun to do. I get all my boards by begging my friends to clean out their stable and donate to a worthy art project! It gets harder and harder to find suitable donors...

K
Kahu posted on Wed, Apr 30, 2008 4:08 PM

Looks amazing Big C!! So how about a print of it now? :wink:

killer stuff clysdalle!

I enjoyed the swizzle and the flip flops. Everything else will keep me awake all night...in fetal position...with the lights on...weeping gently...

C

Thanks again guys!

Kahu...I'm trying to figure out if there is a crowd for a print. The size of this bad boy and the way the finished print would hang are all outside the normal hanging and I'm not sure if people would want something like that...

thomas thanks for stoppin in!

Kate...don't worry, he's a festive happy-go-lucky vessel of the undead. Next painting, nothing but flip flops and swizzle sticks :wink:

I'm trying to figure out if there is a crowd for a print. The size of this bad boy and the way the finished print would hang are all outside the normal hanging and I'm not sure if people would want something like that...

Brophy makes prints of his boards....might wanna get in touch with him and hit him up for some pointers.....he's at sonofthesea.com
Looking forward to your next Tiki painting!

Just got some of these guys done....cast from my mold, done in tinted beeswax... 4x4"

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2008-05-14 20:02 ]

These look beautiful, brotha-man.. Kirby's piece is right on point... Ruzik said to throw one into my package.... :lol: Only playin' brah~

Thanks freddie!

I think now that I'm making candles...needlepoint and scrapbooking can't be very far behind...

:lol:

Still working on few new tiki pieces but till then another commission. This one is a 30x30 version of a former painting but reworked with a new background treatment and wood trim...

The original part 2

"Dos Hombres Band"
30x30 acrylic, enamel, and wood on clayboard

R

I like the skull candles! they are so rad!
got any more left?

and that new piece is really nice; i like paint job ya did. :D

That is sweet Dave!

Jen

PS Did you see Speed Racer yet? If not, go to an IMAX if you can. I have never seen anything like it, very Japanese!

Thanks Jen!

Are you sure about speed racer....it just looks soooo bad....like a Japanese, pog, power ranger filled vomit.....hmmmmm

ravenne....candles are in stock now....hit up my site here and you can grab one..... click the little [i] symbol on the page for info...

http://www.davidlozeau.com/Image.asp?ImageID=403263&apid=1&gpid=1&ipid=1&AKey=D3TYDH6V

Sugar skulls are so yesterday

so are miny mexicans...watch yo self! :wink:

Really, I loved loved loved speed racer. The colors are whacked out and you get dizzy at IMAX.

Give it a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen

Very Kool Art my friend, Aloha Mooney

Thanks guys...

Busy at work here trying to get stuff finished for Ink and Iron in just a few weeks...Just finished a new t-shirt design...."los compadres muertos" should have them printed and ready to roll in the next few weeks!

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2008-05-25 10:14 ]

Hey Dave,

Save one for me and one for Scott. That design is awesome. I predict you will sell out in the LBC!

Jen

TT

So I looked up "Los Compadres Muertos" in my Spanish/Australian phrase book and it says "My Mates are Buggered" sound close?

Great Graphic!

hahahah....that is even better than "friends in death"....I'm using it! Thanks guys!

Muy Bueno! Gotta get me one of those! Do you have one in xxfat size?

On 2008-05-25 14:47, hodadhank wrote:
Muy Bueno! Gotta get me one of those! Do you have one in xxfat size?

No shirts in stock yet, will be a few weeks, but there will be plenty for us full figured gals don't worry!!

Squeeeeeeeeel! (with delight!)

Just got this new one finished for Ink and Iron......pumping out a bunch of day of the dead themed work lately.

11x14 1shot and acrylic on clayboard...

I have a new carving and a few tiki paintings in the work too....this was just a little side step for the last few weeks :wink:

[ Edited by: Clysdalle 2008-05-29 11:07 ]

Hey duder,

I love the new shirt design, I'll be buying one and a candle as soon as you get the shirts in stock so save me one in Medium. :)

I'm getting really ansy about the tattoo.. I want to start it but money has been really tight. I might just say f-it and start it next week anyway.

Love the new stuff, I'll keep you updated.

I love the "My Mates are Buggered"...count me in if you can do a 4 or 5 X. :D

C

Hey Kevin! Thanks for checking in...now go get stabbed already so we can see this thing come to life! Let me know when you start....do you think it will all be in one sitting?

Thanks Vamp! I'm going to do a second run with all the odd sizes and underruns so I'll make sure I toss in a few for ya!

Fabulossa!!!!! :)

FB

We'll see how adventurous I am to try and knock it out in one sitting. Ribs hurt like hell.. so it'll likely be skull, then birds.

But maybe I'll just be in a masochistic mood that day and do it all. Depends on how long it takes.

I should start it in the next week or two.

C

Sweet!!...and I like the arrangement where I get paid to draw, and you pay to get poked and scratched for hours! Good luck!!! and take lots of pics!

I have a new carving and a few tiki paintings in the work too....this was just a little side step for the last few weeks

Whatever!
I'm tired of visiting here and hoping and ......
STILL NO TIKIS!
The Ghost of Posada must haunt you nightly!
You should really post all these on Calavera Central!
or Sketchkult!
Your LAST tiki is on page 18!
Is this art post about Tikis
or shameless promotion?

B
Bowana posted on Tue, Jun 3, 2008 7:24 AM

The weirdos I work with love my Dos Hombres Muertos T! Every time I wear it somebody comments about it.

C

That sounds like my kind of workplace!!!!

C

...and LLT...if you were to just jump back 3 pages...on page 26...you would see a shrunken head in my painting....is that not "tiki"???? come one now...... :wink:

no...
10 1/2 hours for a comeback?
game's leakin dawg!
I wanna see some Tikis outta you!
You've got hundreds of Tikifreaks here who love your work
especially the Tiki art.....
If LLT don't kick some motivation and "extra-credit" out of you clowns,who will?
shrunken head......
sigh.....

T

On 2008-06-02 14:36, little lost tiki wrote:
Whatever!
I'm tired of visiting here and hoping and ......
STILL NO TIKIS!

Ditto. :wink:

Chop's coming up - your chance to get back in Ken's good graces and carve a TIKI!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 999 replies