Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

sophista-tiki orignals Dawn Frasier

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1,256 replies

That Witco fabric is very cool!!!

lots of new projects in the works, heres what I CAN share for now

Lots of cool stuff Dawn but this intrigues me ~ what are you up to?

I had to take a break from painting because someone as mowing and weedeating and I find that noise unbelieveably irritating and distracting, SO I went out on the deck and started on this mosiac project, Separating the colors is a mindless activity that is not disturbed by the most anoying noise on the planet. Its just going to be a simple pattern i like a mosaic table top but for my house I reserrve the pictures for the walls not on the furnature. Im going ore for a mid century looking piece.
hers a progress shot on a couple of Decor pieces from Today they should be done within the hour.

J

You know what would really look cool in those patterns ??

An image of Elvis !! :)

If I ever participate in an Elvis art show Im on it! it was the highlight of my day to get a post card from graceland in the mail. its rare these days to get fun stuff in the mail. reminded me of how cool it is and Im about to send out a batch of my own post ards to asorted peeps.

now heres the same 2 pieces from above only DONE, they will get hung on bamboo poles and be available at Tiki Kon next month in Portland

Those are incredible really love the arrangement of the flowers and palms incredible thank you for sharing

and the whole thing

progress shots of a pair in the same series ( to be named maybe tomorow morning after coffee) These are on 12 x 14 canvas board. They will be availible at vending during TikiKon in Portland next month.

I just sat here and enjoyed the entire show. The art is beautiful. I love the patterns behind the scenes. The room, is that a real room or a painting? Your art is so peaceful and lovely. Wendy

the room? thats the Jungle room at Graceland John -O sent me a post card.

I've never seen that view of the jungle room, thank you for sharing that. Wendy

I really like all of your stuff! If I don't get you as a swap partner will you sell me one of your pieces and ship it to NJ?

(I think one of the long ones could roll up real easy and be inexpensive to ship.)

Lori I'll ship anywhere and I have lots of things availible on my website. http://www.sophista-tiki.com/index.html
I also sell on etsy, Ther will be a new inventory added in a couple of weeks. after vending at tiki Kon.

STILL lots of top secret projects, I've been working night and day to get as much as possible off my plate. Bunch of shirts just got shipped out, art framed- boxed - shipped to it destination, and I still have 4 paintings to finish for production projects. BUT heres something I can share. This morning I finished the very first Sophista tiki Togs hand bag. I will have a very limited selection available in my vending space at Tiki Kon.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2012-07-27 11:21 ]

Very nice. Maybe next year we'll see you at Tiki Kon. Cheers, Wendy and Dan

I've almost gone as far as I can go with prpeing for vending, I might be able to crank out a couple more shirts but I think I have a pretty good pile of loot. Over on FB thers been alot of buzz about my new Sophista-tiki Togs handbags. I managed to get a few made for vending with dozens of orders pending for next week. and the very first one already snatched up. heres a few pics. sorry if Im repeating pics, Im tiredish.

Dawn, I don't generally carry a handbag, but your designs are still really enticing. They are beautiful!
~kele

Dawn I just gotta tell you how much I love your work, the designs and fabrics are Awesome, I gotta order a shirt from you soon!
Aloha

thank you.
when you're ready message if you need me to walk you through the how to's.

Dawn, I don't generally carry a handbag either ~ but if I did it would be a Sophista-Tiki original! :D

Happy sales to you until we meet again. We'll miss you at Oasis :(

heres some other stuff

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2012-07-31 20:47 ]

W

If I was hip and cool I'd totally wear somethin like this. Super swell!

vending at the Kon in ortland.

Shipwreck of the SS Nui Nui
12x 16
acrylic on canvas board
Framed
$575
cover art for the Tiki Kon 2012 program\
and my piece for the Elroy art group tiki show
Sold

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2012-08-06 06:50 ]

Awesome

Love the shipwreck Dawn, I had missed that one

I see a space needle :D

Dawn,
Those are gorgeous!
~kele

whew I made it, absolute last minute,,,,, as usual
My Tiki Oasis group show piece
I SPY MAI TAI
12" x 12"
acrylic on masonite

Framed it up and shipped it off to T.O. this morning. I can't believe I made it. My whole summer has been one deadline after another, CRAZY! Now if the money would just show up I'd feel like it was all worth it.

FYI I have a chipin event going for truck repairs . Everyone around here loves to ask me to haul stuff for them in my truck but no one wants to help keep it on the road and available for them to use.
heres the link if you care to read about it, I absolutly dont mind helping people who need it, but my main concern is being able to get to my jobs, because without my truck I'm screwed.
http://dawnstruck.chipin.com/truck-repair

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2012-08-15 15:24 ]

Ok since Im still here I'll post the pic for the next project.

these fabrics arrived oday all for Sophista-tiki togs handbags. if I get some ambition this evening I'll make one. anubody have a fav selection from this batch they would like to see first?

I like the a-frame. But you probably knew that I would! lol
~kele

OK, Im doing it, I've laid around a bit had a bunch of imperrialist rootbeer, and its cooled off. here goes

Wow
U think it would take longer to look at 57 pages of awesomeness than it did

Love it all...

Jon

It probably takes less time because there isnt alot of bull on my pages, I just post the stuff, say one or 2 weird things and go away again. Then when people ( 99%) look they dont comment , they just look.
That being saud THANK YOU for taking the time to look and leaving me a nice comment.

heres some things that have been made in the last couple of weeks.
Trying to gett caught up on all of my orders before I start on something new.

thanks for looking.
I'm almost caught up, will take a couple of weeks to do stuff around my house before the weather changes. like finally getting to those outdoor soji screens to close in my patio, and building a built-in record/stereo cabinet in my diningroom.

THEN Im all ready to start paianting my next show.much bigger pieces.

the first of my lamps is official.

heres the full image

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2012-09-16 07:45 ]

Wow your art really shines in that lamp style. Beautiful. Wendy

That is VERY COOL Dawn! Is that fabric?

Not fabric a hig res print on a special lampshade material, same process as the shag lamps made by the same company.

IMHO, yours are better :D

Beautiful! When will these be available?

On 2012-09-16 06:30, Sophista-tiki wrote:

the first of my lamps is official.

heres the full image

WHOOOAAAAAAAA!!! SO Beautiful, Dawn!!

Love the lamp...SWAGARIFIC...I see one of these in my future.

Super rad lamp!!!!! I love the way the light, lights up the windows of the building!!!

working with these farbics in the next few days

new

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 1256 replies