Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

The show me your Witco thread.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 1,611 replies

Ya , the hands puzzle me as well, the flatter part is on the underside of the hands...also the feet are enough to hold it standing without being hung.
The rust on the hanger is another mystery why would it see moisture? pool perhaps?
I live in the WITCOLESS country Canada and I picked this up on ebay ...still It is fantastic! mahalo for the input!

I found this mug/coaster at a thrift store, I could not pass it up. I assume this is an advertising piece from another company called "Witco", but what do the experts have to say?

:)

Picked this up at a used furniture shop today. I don't know if I should repair the small damaged areas or not. What do you think?

KK

U

The mug and coaster is from Witco Chemical Co.........completely different company.

"The mug and coaster is from Witco Chemical Co.........completely different company." - ukutiki.

Thanks for the info ukutiki, I figured as much, but I had to ask. :)

On 2009-03-28 16:12, Kamaina Kraig wrote:
Picked this up at a used furniture shop today. I don't know if I should repair the small damaged areas or not. What do you think?

KK

And this piece is from the WEET-KOH tribe from the banks of the lower Sepik river in Kaiserin Augusta Land. Totally different company!

On 2009-03-28 18:36, bigbrotiki wrote:

On 2009-03-28 16:12, Kamaina Kraig wrote:

KK

And this piece is from the WEET-KOH tribe from the banks of the lower Sepik river in Kaiserin Augusta Land. Totally different company!

Actually it has a tag on it that says that exactly. I'm new and never seem to put things in the right threads. Or make new ones when there is already one.

KK

:) KK, I would put some dark stain on a cloth on your fingertip and dab it on the light spots, and wipe of the excess stuff that gets on the dark wood.

Thanks Bro...I really like it. Just wasn't sure how to handle any minor damage. Were they done for export?

Thanks
KK

Sure they were. But I like that one, the feathers and rope always help to make it seem real.

W

can anyone identify this piece. I believe it is a Witco but cant find any marking on it to confirm it.

thanks

img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/10429/49d126f3.jpg[/img]

There is no doubt in my mind your piece is a Witco bar, but I am not familiar with the design. Definitely Witco though.

PTD

W

The Hello Kitty phone is a particularly nice feature on this bar! :D

On 2009-03-28 15:19, bigbrotiki wrote:
Yah, is a Vitco for schurr. But I have no idea what it is supposed to depict! An abstract modern maiden? Is it Conquistador, or is it Viking-style? Who dares to say!

I guess I shouldn't have said it in German. You just can't trust those damn foreigners! :lol:

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2009-03-30 23:43 ]

I was able to pick this up from a couple of good tiki friends today...

Haven't seen one like this before.

Even found a spot for it!

Thanks again you two! And thanks for the tour and being able to see your new additions!

PTD

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2009-04-02 19:19 ]

A very nice arrangement!

Greetings Witcophiles.

May I have the honor of sharing a couple pics of my Elvis jungle room located out in the desert where Tiki is scarce but cheap? You've all seen the "African" bar, shield and spears, and leopard-print planter-bowl lamp before, but how about the Voyager loveseat, leopard-topped game table, and hacienda cigarette table? Note that the loveseat is missing the Tikis that normally appear atop the back legs on other seating from the Voyager collection. No obvious signs that they were sawed off, so my theory is that this piece was made special to fit inside a standard size door opening in a smaller residence (and it just barely fits).

The quest for the elusive Llama bar continues in the hope that one day I, too, can be just like Elvis.

More pics posted at http://www.retrorenovation.com under tikis and bars.

Woeehew! That black velvet Elvis dream catcher/shield/drum really puts it over the top! Daring!
Dig those tres moderne rod iron chairs, a nice contrast to that clunky Witco bulk. Do your friends think you are crazy? :)

i happen to know where there is a llama bar.......no, it's not mine but it's been in it's current location for years.....

L

Those iron leg chairs are killer. And being a collector of Velvet Elvis paintings I am digging the kitsch factor of that dream catcher thing - a - bob.

Loving the pics!

On 2009-04-02 20:50, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
i happen to know where there is a llama bar.......no, it's not mine but it's been in it's current location for years.....

Is it in a STORE...but NOT FOR SALE !? :)

On 2009-04-02 23:02, bigbrotiki wrote:

On 2009-04-02 20:50, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

Is it in a STORE...but NOT FOR SALE !? :)

I was going to say the same thing! :wink:

I know where that Llama bar is too. Tucked away in a corner almost invisible or maybe the price on it has kept anyone from buying it. Saw it on a trip a year or so ago. It looked like it was for sale, just not out where anyone could see it.

PTD

psycho d - you got it right!!! you know where it is....

lake surfer...shame on you......you've walked past it dozens of times...you know where it is.

and yes, it was for sale but the price was way high.....i asked recently about it and i was told that they had a change of heart and were no longer selling it....who knows?? i'll find out tonight...i'll inquire and see if i can't give you some acurate info...

On the hunt for the elusive Mama Llama!

The Tiki and the Llama: Perhaps Thor Heyerdahl has a theory that relates the two.

Anyway, thanks for helping with the quest. I will stay tuned.

C
croe67 posted on Sat, Apr 4, 2009 8:01 AM

Yep - I've seen that very Llama, Tipsy.
Drooled over it myself, but, you're right on the price....I think about buying it from time to time, but have never taken the plunge :wink:

TD

did this piece have a name?

T

"ol' saggy boobs" ? lol
very cool piece!

On 2009-04-08 15:22, TIKI DAVID wrote:
did this piece have a name?

so that would be a 'no'

I dont know much about witco , just trying to be a smart ass ! lol
Here is a piece I found on the weekend ...IS IT A WITCO ?

is this is some type of signature or a previous owner?
is says W CARNS with a squiggle under that ....
ANYBODY?

It's a Witno. (How witty of me :D )

posted some of the witco items i got from a recent big score over on tiki finds thread....

I, think it is

L

On 2009-04-23 11:33, TIKI DAVID wrote:
I, think it is

I am not even a huge Witco lover...mostly dig the wall hangings ..but I REALLY love this piece Tiki David. Is the monkey attached to the guy or is it two seperate pieces? Also where did something like this come from? Was it owned privately or in a restaurant/store? I know you have Witco radar so it doesnt surprise me you found this..I just wonder where it was. Its just not something you see everyday Witco related.

[ Edited by: leleliz 2009-04-23 16:10 ]

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.