Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

The show me your Witco thread.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 1,611 replies

Certainly looks like a Witco.

Bosko

I'll give it a yes also. Great find.

You betcha!
Mahalo , I was torn whether or not to spend the money ( running out of space in my 1 room "Moku Doom")but I just couldn't pass on the opportunity.
Glad to see that my efforts and days pay were not in vein....

Just picked up this mask from Kimo's yard while driving in Kailua! Looks like a Witco...

Some honeybeewax should hopefully revive the colors a bit!

Aloha,
Tikimaster

P

Found this for sale locally. Not sure what it's value is or how much it'll go for at an estate sale. I wouldn't give more than a couple hundo for anything that doesn't add wealth in this economy. What'dya think?

On 2009-09-28 11:44, TIKIVILLE wrote:
Is THIS a WITCO?

just picked it up yesterday ( in Canada !) wondering if it's one of those unbelievable WITCO finds ( in Canada any WITCO is an unbelievable find lol)  

Tikiville, you old son-of-a-mother... where did you find that!?! Witco is such a rare score in these here parts - I'm gonna' need more info!

M

Hey,PeleeTiki. Got in touch with the guy having the sale,he said the fountain works fine. Asking price is $325, somewhat negotiable. Was thinking about buying i
t, but it kind of looks like a monk standing on a church window, looks more gothic then tiki.It's a shame, don't see many fountains around here.

TD

On 2009-10-02 08:46, mudbone wrote:
Hey,PeleeTiki. Got in touch with the guy having the sale,he said the fountain works fine. Asking price is $325, somewhat negotiable. Was thinking about buying i
t, but it kind of looks like a monk standing on a church window, looks more gothic then tiki.It's a shame, don't see many fountains around here.

just thinking out loud here,but... it is a Witco fountain and if you replaced the MONK with a Witco Tiki (either on hand,or aquired down the road) then you would have a......... Again just thinking out loud.
SOO.... if you don't want it tell me what part of the country it is in,I'll come and get it. I've got several Witco tikis that would fit that cut-out in the bowl just fine.

"Pets are welcome,Children 'MUST' be on leash" TD

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2009-10-02 09:28 ]

I had exactly the same reaction about the Tiki-ish-ness of this piece. I like it, but it doesn't fit in. I already have a very well preserved Tiki fountain with all the pieces, so it's not that great a find for me personally. I probably won't attend the sale, but maybe something could be worked out T.D. Send me a P.M. with your offer. I'm just on the other side of Lake Erie from you.

Meddle with an original Witco artifact? Doesn't the fact that it is featured in that great Witco Gallery photo in Tiki Modern account for anything:

O well, I guess Conquistador Style doesn't get any respect around here.... :D

I might have to put my "The Book of Conquistador" project on ice til the awareness for the subject has blossomed more fully.

bigbro - my garage is about half-full of artifacts I have been acquiring for my future "Conquistador Room". I see it as the new wave of revival, and I'm hoping to have you visit to share a Blood & Sand, or Sangria out the Galleon-bowl so you can photograph the final room for your "BOC" :wink:

Sabu The Conquistador Boy

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy 2009-10-02 11:36 ]

M

Hey Tiki David,the fountain is in Clinton Township, that's 20 miles north of Detroit. Get more info Detroit Craigslist under tiki, hope someone from TC gets it. Sale starts Sat. 9:00am good luck.

I saw the fountain in Clinton Twp today. I didn't see this post on TC til just now and didn't notice the Craigslist ad until midnight last night, so when I arrived this morning at 7am and the guy was cool enough to let me in early, you can imagine my disappointment at being first in line for the wrong item. By the description, I thought there was a 98% chance it was the Mainlander. DAMN. btw, it is in beautiful condition from what I can tell.

My friend bought the Witco fountain today. It is amazing in person. I would love to have it. It has enough tiki character for me. It is for sale for $700, pick up in the Detroit area.

I believe it is sold, to a woman i know from detroit...just got word.

This weekend at the event and specifically the Tiki Trade/Garage Sale I purchased these from bigbadtikidaddy...

Witco carved girl magazine holder, never have seen this before.

BBTD wasn't sure if this was Witco or Woodcarver. I thought Witco. Does anyone know how I can remove the nail rust stains from material?

Later,

PTD

8T

On 2009-10-12 15:57, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
Does anyone know how I can remove the nail rust stains from material?

Later,

PTD

Try this. It's in the laundry detergent section. Works great but follow the directions. Good Luck

K

Sweet Psycho!

Anyone got a lead on the Jazz Trio? Still looking for one (every single cotton-pickin' day).

That's the ONE Witco piece I tried hard to, but could not get ahold off before Tiki Modern came out. I had the sketch, and I knew the history and evolution story of it would make it that much more cool. Had a lead to one in in a Florida store, but someone walked in bought it out under me...not much you can do long distance bout that. :(

I have been very close to buying one of the Bosko versions, which are sooo cool in their own right.

My first piece of Witco, found at a 2nd hand shop.

Hmmm... two pieces of Witco in a 3 week span.

Came across this Witco bench at an antique store.

This is my Witco bar that I purchased last weekend. It's definitely a unique fixer-upper opportunity, but I think that it's worth what I paid for it. I need to replace the vinyl with an animal print and do something with the gluey areas.

I love those stools Tiki Kate......and of course the bar is awesome as well! Excellent find! :)

C

I saw one like it at the Rose Bowl flea market last weekend when I was in town....would that happen to be the same one?

I didn't bother inquiring since I had no convenient way to get it back home to WI.....

On 2009-11-15 18:40, croe67 wrote:
I saw one like it at the Rose Bowl flea market last weekend when I was in town....would that happen to be the same one?

I didn't bother inquiring since I had no convenient way to get it back home to WI.....

That's the one. I nearly passed on it also since I drive a Saturn, but Ookoo and Krustiki were there with their van and were kind enough to bring it out to Yucaipa for me.

H

Ah! You people and your incredible Witco mojo! I always keep a keen eye out for Witco, but I only ever spot it as part of decor out in the wild, not available for sale. You lucky ducks!

Are going to strip all the brown paint off or are you going to leave as is ?

On 2009-11-15 17:22, Tiki-Kate wrote:
This is my Witco bar that I purchased last weekend. It's definitely a unique fixer-upper opportunity, but I think that it's worth what I paid for it. I need to replace the vinyl with an animal print and do something with the gluey areas.

Sure you could do a Leopard print which is what everyone with zero imagination would do but why not go with something not as common?

Like Tiger? :down:

Giraffe? :down:

or Dalmatian? :down:

Come on! I think the Dalmatian has a nice wintery feel too it.

Xlnt photoshop Boris!

I like the tiger, and the giraffe is starting to grow on me. Can you show me how the bar stools would look in the different prints so I can make up my mind. Thanks. :D

I may have a handle on a witco tiki!
What I need to know is an estimated value to offer for it ...it's about 6 feet high,the fountain piece with no fountain works or bowls.
Anybody have any idea what the market value is for something like this?

Great ideas Bora Boris.

How about a nice Zebra look?

FYI Here is the boring old leopard print.

DC

[ Edited by: Dustycajun 2009-11-19 12:22 ]

B

On 2009-11-19 12:20, Dustycajun wrote:

FYI Here is the boring old leopard print.

Just like this one we got recently:

though the leopard is worn a bit bare.

And this sofa:

We also got the matching throne chair, but it has crushed velvet and needs to be reupholstered.

Also these wall hangings and this table:

-Duke

Tiki Kate,

Have you decided on the fabric yet?

Here is a signed Witco brochure that is on ebay for too much money.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160379868232&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

DC

On 2009-11-22 10:18, Dustycajun wrote:
Tiki Kate,

Have you decided on the fabric yet?

Not yet.

I was thinking about cow print since I live in Yucaipa. :D

But seriously, I was riding the Jungle Cruise this morning and thinking, "Which of these animals would look the best stapled to the front of my Witco bar?"

My living room walls are green, and I've already got some tiger and leopard prints in there, so at the moment I'm leaning toward giraffe.

L

I think these are god awful ugly. However .......

But I got them for a steal. And if the person who may end up buying them from me decides he doesn't want them I will be selling them on here. (not shipping them)

Feel free to send me offers and I will hold onto them if the 1st guy changes his mind. :)

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-01-08 09:55 ]

On 2010-01-08 09:54, leleliz wrote:
I think these are god awful ugly. However .......

But I got them for a steal. And if the person who may end up buying them from me decides he doesn't want them I will be selling them on here. (not shipping them)

Feel free to send me offers and I will hold onto them if the 1st guy changes his mind. :)

Hopefully no one has made you any ridiculous offers, cuz yes, I want em. Perhaps that velvet Elvis or a Mr. Smiley mug will help persuade you to hang on to them for me!

Thanks,

PTD
[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-01-08 09:55 ]

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2010-01-08 13:21 ]

L

yeah duane they are all yours :)

in all their God Awful ugliness!

lol

TS

If I ever came across one of these bars with ratty chair cushions or mangy faux animal print backing(mind you, at a steal of a price),
I would Zodiac(metalflake vinyl) them in rootbeer brown, Aztec gold or Irish green. FTW! haha, (j/k on FTW) :P

On 2010-01-08 13:32, leleliz wrote:
yeah duane they are all yours :)

in all their God Awful ugliness!

lol

Someone has not been enlightened by TIKI MODERN here, I presume! :wink:

Cause with a little TLC and upholstery (note the strip along the backrest), they can be transformed into this splendid throne of primitive modern furniture design! Charles Eames can't match THIS! :D

L

Thanks Sven...but nope still ugly :wink:

Duane will appreciate them more than I ever could anyways. Tag team tiki-ing at its best!

BK

Wand Whoop-ass tags in Psycho Duane. Duane drops the Witco twins with a double clothesline. He pins them both & Wanda & Psycho are the neeeeewwwwwwww Tiki tag team champions!

L

On 2010-01-08 18:30, Big Kahuna wrote:
Wand Whoop-ass tags in Psycho Duane. Duane drops the Witco twins with a double clothesline. He pins them both & Wanda & Psycho are the neeeeewwwwwwww Tiki tag team champions!

lol

pretty much

L

So I picked up those chairs (the photos I posted were from the CL listing) today and some things i didn't really realize about Witco:

1. If you smoke weed your witco will retain the smell (its not strong but with the windows rolled up and heater on it was a little fragrant!)

2. Did you know these chairs came from Barbados? I didn't-but hey you learn something new everyday!!

3. Witco is some heavy ass furniture. I didnt realize they were so big either. I managed to jam them both into my hatchback but good lord...i know they are wood and all but they are seriously too heavy for me to lift by myself.

4. Sven I admit to being slightly judgemental on the god awful ugly comment.

They aren't my taste but when I showed a friend what I had jammed into my trunk/car she said "Is that the furniture Elvis had-cool!". So hey at least my friends have taste!

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-01-09 19:02 ]

H

I found this coffee table. I didn't buy it but was wondering if it was Witco. My instincts told me it wasn't. But then, I have not found any Witco yet!!!

On 2010-01-10 15:21, hombre wrote:
I found this coffee table. I didn't buy it but was wondering if it was Witco. My instincts told me it wasn't. But then, I have not found any Witco yet!!!

Looks like a Witco table to me!

PTD

Hombre, I don't think that is a Witco table, it's too dark and the cut outs in the table top are too clean. It can be hard to tell sometimes though...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 1611 replies