Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Buzzy's work: Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 4,146 replies

C
Cammo posted on Mon, Jun 18, 2007 9:29 PM

Ebony???? There's an EBONY???? That's FREAKIN' GREAT!

Tar and gasoline? Did he used to smoke when he was painting with it?...

Today's first update:
Put one layer of spar varnish on this bad boy so far.

I put another layer on the other three, but they still look the same, so I didn't tak e another picture of them.
I also got another sunglass cabinet:

It had a big picture of a chick surfing on the inside back wall. That thing couldn't have been ripped out any faster, even if I had some sort of gamma superpowers. It's still pretty ugly. Gonna take some work to get it looking right.

Bamboo Ben: Here's a picture of my old truck after I ran into a cow down in sunny Mexico a few years back

One road in the whole shitty country and they can't keep the cows off of it!
Fire? When I smell smoke, or burning plastic, it reminds me of Mexican trash day.

Buzzy Out!

Sunset:

Ladies and Gentlemen, the wait is over!

The New Educational Video!!!

In this episode I'll show you guys how to get a tiki very smooth.

Once again, I'd like to thank the producers and executors of this project, for doing ALL the work:
Film and Narration by Babalu
Music, Button Pushing by Professor Robot

And the link to the original preview video
The original trailer

Enjoy the show!
Buzzy Out!

HOK

Great How-To Buzzy!! I like the Tiki corner post with viewing port and the cameo appearances of Kiva, The Wonder Dog :) Nice save at the ending, reflexes like a cat..Can't wait for the next episode of The House of Buzz. Freddie :tiki:

T

Now that's some good works.

H

Buzzy, you rock! zzzz zzz zzz z zzz zz zzzzzzz z

Arrrrr-some!!!

question answered!

54 seconds into clip.

C

Was cleaning out my camera and found this classic picture of Buzzy and his pals, from the Tiki Farm Parking Lot Sale 2007;

Wow!

I like the little cards in front of each one, like seating reservations.

B

Buzzy gone Hollywood! That's some great video, dude. Seriously funny stuff! (Hmmm....can those two words even be used together like that?)

Looking forward to the next installments.

Dave

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Jun 21, 2007 7:19 AM

Cut your grass!!!

Yesterday's sunset:

And I finally finished all these guys yesterday:

Freddie: Kiva says "hey!" She wants to know if you need any help with that horse, now that she's feeling better...
Tornhalo: Glad you enjoyed the latest installment. No dog injuries this time? Must be time to raise the bar again
Hiltiki: ....and party everyday!!! I mean, *
BambooBen: Hope you didn't think I was blowing you off by not answering a while back, but we had the footage "in the can" already, and I figured it would be much more meaningful to see it "in use." That shot was dedicated to you, and for you, Revy!
Cammo: I miss some of those tikis...Nice picture! Thanks.
TikiDav: Babalu and Professor Robot rule! We got several more scenes already done, and more clips on the way. Stay tuned!
GMAN: I already did! It's looking like "Club Buzzy" around here these days:

No more House of Buzz mess! I'm glad the first season of shooting is over so I can get my house back to the way I like it: clean and landscaped.

That was the house back when I worked on my yard. Now I work in it instead:

Cleaning logs. Think I'll try and do a couple slash and burns today, because it's great to be home.

Buzzy Out!

Video links:
Sanding Lesson Video
The original trailer

Dude your videos are Funny!!! I'm glad you cleaned your back-yard now invite me over dammit!!!

T

Just a few cuts and scratches from him trying to get up in my lap to watch. (I think he has a crush on Kiva) Little bugger won't let me trim his talons. and I mean talons.

[ Edited by: Tornhalo 2007-06-21 14:22 ]

[ Edited by: Tornhalo 2007-06-21 14:24 ]

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Jun 21, 2007 5:16 PM

Buzzy,

The yard looks great! I'm impressed. Did Kiva do that all by herself?

-G

Yesterday's sunset:

I think it's going to start heading back south now, towards the bay again.

If you make these six cuts with your chainsaw, you are almost done making a full body tiki:

All I do with the chainsaw is make the deepest cuts, and then shape everything out with chisels

Did the face the same way

Now I just go back over the whole thing by hand and make it look better where it needs to.

I'll be done soon after I get to starting on it...

On 2007-06-21 17:16, GMAN wrote:
The yard looks great! I'm impressed. Did Kiva do that all by herself?

No, it actually took a time machine to get it to look like that.

Spermy: You qualify for the drop by anytime club. Didn't I invite you over forever ago? If not, Hey Spermy, I officially invite you guys over now. Drop by anytime. Cya soon!

Buzzy Out!

B

Yer a Wildman Buzzy, When are you doing the staining video. I'm up to that point and can't go any farthur until you finishit!

Hey Benzart, you may have noticed a few continuity problems in this episode, so you may have to either buy the DVD of outtakes when it hits the shelves in time for Christmas, or wait until the fifth episode of season one, set to air sometime in the future.
I really need that time machine right now so I can get the air dates...

This guy is done:

Everything else on him that I need to do can be acheived during the sanding process.

Buzzy Out!

Break time!

Here's another quick one I started a little while ago:
drawn out

little bit carved:

Little more carved:

I'll be Back!
Buzzy Out!

Video links:
Sanding Lesson Video
The original trailer

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2007-06-22 18:57 ]

T

And here I am, trying to work on my carving AND my lawn.. I see what I'm doing wrong now.. I really like the "6 cuts" guy.. you should do an episode based on him.

H

Sounds like a tiki with a six pack.

Friday sunset:

Saturday sunset

Today:

Today's beach report: cloudy.

they only wanted a "beach" party setup, but I put the tiki mask up just so I could put these pictures up. Tiki hut at a beach party!

Boy, does that that beach hut look nice!

Did some carving this afternoon:

I think I'm done with this one.

Buzzy Out!

H

WOW!!! very nice Buzzy. Great composition and balance, I really like this.

C
Cammo posted on Mon, Jun 25, 2007 1:52 PM

Buzz Buzzzzz -

That one would make a GREAT mug!

Now how ya gonna stain it?

Agent C - Out -

Today's sunset:

Cammo: Went to the depot today and picked up some new colors to add to the pallette:

But first, I sanded it using the same tools and techniques exhibited in this informative video as the sun set.

Had enough time before dark to apply some new english chestnut stain

Have to wait until tomorrow to see how it turned out.

Hiltiki: Why thank you very much and I hope you are having a nice day.

Buzzy Out!

That looks sweet, looks like the grain jumps out at you!

The Birdman

New day. New light. New picture.

Tbirdman: There are some stain resistant fibers in these type of logs. Makes it look real cool sometimes. I've also noticed that the parts that are sanded smoother, are lighter and more stain resistant than the rougher parts-which will finish slightly darker.

Buzzy Out!

B

Buzzy, It's about time you did more Maori stuff! You sure pulled out all the stops on this one, I Like him A Lotsa lotsa lotsa. Sunset's cool too!

Hey Benzart, thought I'd mix it up a little bit. Change of pace, take a vacation to a new locale, you know, keep the creative fires burning, learning my craft...glad you like it. Tuned out better than I thought for only spending about 3 hours on it. Thanks , as always, for stopping by.

Stained this guy with some jacobean

It's darker than black walnut, and a little lighter than ebony

Here it is next to the one stained with english chestnut:

Buzzy Out!

Wow, the pic on the previous page looked like a darker stain than the finished result, but I love it! I also like the sleepy-eyed dude next to him! Don't be offended if I use a few of those features down the road bro.

The Birdman

Yesterday's sunset:

Think I might do something with these guys today:

Buzzy Out!

H

Any luck?

K

Oooooooooeeee. That Maori is keeeeeller.

Peaces,
Kahaka

J

On 2007-06-26 10:25, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:

Hey Buzzy,
I know I don't post here much (in fact, this may be my first time, I think), but I do try to check in at least once a week, and always enjoy seeing what you're up to. This time I was moved to post because when I saw the first pic of this tiki scroll up on my screen, I literally gasped out loud, prompting my cubicle neighbor to ask what was wrong! I believe of all the tikis I've seen in this thread, this would have to be my very favorite! The details are beautiful! Fantastic work!
:drink:
Jen

Day before yesterday sunset:

Yesterday sunset:

Another custom sign:

Another tiki started:

Hiltiki: I think that other log piece is going to be yours for the chop tomorrow.
Kahaka: Why thank you very much. Glad you dropped in.
Jentiki: I hope I didn't get you busted for being on TC at work! You don't post on my thread, but I know I can always find you on shout if I need you. :) Take care, and I'm glad my work can inspire loud utterences from you! Thanks.

Speaking of work...
I have to go stain some tikis.
Buzzy Out!

J

On 2007-06-29 10:54, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
Jentiki: I hope I didn't get you busted for being on TC at work!

Funny you should mention that... My boss actually stealthily walked into my cubicle as I was typing that post, inducing a moment of panic when I realized he was standing right behind me looking at my screen! But since it was after 6:00pm already, he just wanted to see what the commotion was about. He thought the tiki was cool too! :lol: Phew!

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Jun 29, 2007 2:31 PM

Nice! You speaka my language :) Rockin'!

B

I think I Like it Already!

Doing some great stuff down there Buzzy....your Maori is one of my
favorite Buzzys. In fact you have been raising your own bar for the
last coupla months...go go Buzzy.

Saturday sunset:

Sunday sunset:

I started this guy at the chop on Saturday:

Did a little more work on him yesterday:

Did some more on this one too:

And finally, I'm almost done sealing this one:

Benzart: If you like it already, then thanks, because then I'm done. Next stop: marketplace for a done enough to look good tiki head.
GMAN: Does this mean I'm technically bi-lingual now. I'll update my resume, if that is the case.
Conga: Hey thanks! I'm always trying to improve. Sometimes you just can't see the results when I do. Keeps this whole carving thing entertaining if I try to push myself...
Jen: Missed you on shout by a few minutes couple nights ago...When work is over though, you should go home.

Happy July People!
Buzzy Out!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jul 2, 2007 4:36 PM

Alright Buzzmeister!!! Good stuff. GROG like.

GROG: I missed you man! Where you been. Zaya was just saying yesterday how it seems you haven't been as active around here lately. Was it Kinny or that squirrel dude? Just let me know if you need them "taken care of" in a firm, but loving way.

Anyway, did some on the road work this lovely afternoon:

Now it's time for some homework.

Buzzy Out!

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Jul 2, 2007 5:56 PM

I like where you are going Buzzy! Great job. Keep pushing!

-G

B
Babalu posted on Mon, Jul 2, 2007 6:54 PM

Ok, another cage match...Xena, Buffy, the Alias Gal, Lucy Liu, Bebe(Kill Bill), or Ripley (Alien)?? What's your pick?

Oh, also, I agree with everyone else...Your is your work looking much tighter lately! How is it that you can do that overnight?

B

Buzzy, Yes I Love it already and the next one too. Keep it you're on a Roll. as long as it isn't a Jelly roll.

Lookin' good Buzzy! BTW the logs are still in the truck, have to take care of stuff here first but will get to it soon! Thanks again bro!

The Birdman

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jul 2, 2007 11:32 PM

On 2007-07-02 18:54, Babalu wrote:
Ok, another cage match...Xena, Buffy, the Alias Gal, Lucy Liu, Bebe(Kill Bill), or Ripley (Alien)?? What's your pick?

GROG's money on Buffy. She's gone up against some real badass supernatural crap and managed to save the world on several occasions. She's definitely got the strongest resume.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 4146 replies