Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Buzzy's work: Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 4,146 replies

Hiltiki: It was between the log and the sock. I looked everywhere else before I looked there, though.

Some times it's finished, other times you're just done...

Can't get a good picture of it out there in the dark garage.

I also hacked this little guy off the stick and have to do some touch ups and sanding

It's been a long day at work today. I'm looking forward to sitting on the couch a watching tv now. I hope pants off dance off is still on.

Buzzy Out!

B

More excellent stuff as usual. I Really love this one Bullet is getting, Nice work, or is it Nice Play!

thanks buzzy, always liking the progress pics.

On 2007-08-01 11:24, Tiki Duddy wrote:
thanks buzzy, always liking the progress pics.

Hey Duddy. Sorry, but I was in super fast mode on this one and didn't get any progress shots:

He has some freaky detatched looking lower jaw. Oh my god! That's so freaky!

According to my estimations, about 5% of the population can tell that there is a difference between the preceeding tiki and this one:

The 95% who cannot tell the difference will like the first one better because the price tag on it. People appreciate quality, but they love bargains even more.

Benzart: I work hard, but I play harder!(It really doesn't mean anything, I just like to make myself sound cool and sexy at the same time.) I need to work on my wordplay...
How about: I work longer and later!

I think I need to get to work now. ** I have a long job ahead of me! **

When I play at work, I'm actually getting my job done.
Buzzy Out!

Hey TikiDuddy: I felt so bad about no updates on that last quick one, that I wanted to try to make it up to you immediately. Here's a sequence of photos along with my commentary on the execution of this project that I just completed.

Little tiki drafting:

Head rounded out and some initial marking out

Next step is to mark the whole thing out and check for symmetry. If it's not so balanced, reduce the final price by $5 or spend a bunch of time fixing it. For this one, it's going to be "better luck next time."

Nose defined and the tongue started

All features carved out and lightly sanded to get rid of the pencil marks.

Now awaiting final sanding:

There you are TDuddy. I hope that makes up for the disappointment you must have felt to see that last one done with no updates.

Chock full o' Updates
Buzzy Out!

G
GMAN posted on Wed, Aug 1, 2007 4:12 PM

Dude,

You are rockin' now. Very nice stuff. LOVE the curved guy!

Are you gonna swing by Club Greg when you get to FL? Maybe a detour for a little roast beast and stuffing?

-G

On 2007-08-01 16:12, GMAN wrote:
Are you gonna swing by Club Greg when you get to FL? -G

G: Of course. It's one of my two primary destinations. As for swinging by, I'm going to have the heliocopter drop my somewhere in the swamp and i'll try to make my way to a flowing river and follow it east to the coast. Then it's just a matter of finding whichever is closest, your place or benzarts. To reach your guys' places, I'll be able to utilize the necessary urban survival skills I learned by watching my friends play that video game Grand Theft Auto:MiamiVice. I'm trying to find some quicksand to practice in before I commit to a specific date, though. I will obviuosly keep you well informed as to my progress.

Here's another one I managed to slap out this afternoon:

Sunset next!
Buzzy Out!

Can you believe what is being passed off as a "sunset" these days?

I sanded and stained the little basswood Maori inspired guy:

It can also be utilized as a pendant so that you can have your neck look like a shelf in your tiki bar.

If you stand behind your tiki bar while wearing this pendant, you will blend in to the background. Tiki camo* wear.

I have the tv on in the background, tuned to a channel where the Girls Gone Wild commercial comes on occasionally. The sound of those steel drums makes me want to carve. When the commercial goes away after only 30 seconds, I lose the urge to carve suddenly. Carving late at night with that infomercial on for hours on end in the past has resulted in a Pavlovian example of classical conditioning, where I compulsively desire carving upon hearing the girls gone wild steel drum theme. To facilitate a better carving environment, I truly believe that I must have those naughty girls gone wild on in the background now. Carving now has a deep rooted psychological affliction associated with it for me, so hopefully, living in California, that will qualify me for some sort of disability.

I think the 30 minute version of the Girls gone wild commercial is coming on now.
Buzzy Out!

*Legal Disclaimer: Not affiliated with Cammo, Cam, or Cam's Studio, nor does this unregistered trademark phrase refer to any garmet or general clothing style worn by Cammo.

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2007-08-02 01:11 ]

Sunset:

Here's my tribute to those Phillipino Ku spoons and monkeypod mugs:

It's 1" x 1" x 4.5", carved from basswood with a dull hookknife in mere moments today. It's a little smaller than my typical pendants, so this is the first of my new Wimp Tiki Guy(A definite sub class of tiki guys) tiki pendant line, for tiki guys who are too ashamed to display a worthy sized pendant around their pencil necks.

Here he is with his bigger brothers:

No Pencil Necked Geeks!
Buzzy Out!

I like this picture so I'm sticking it on the top of this page so I can look at it for the next couple days:

There was a small square piece on the basswood log left after I cut off that last one. I went to remove it, and ended up carving this just over one inch tiki choker:

My friend Morris DeSmithes came over and told me that walking around with that little Ku pendant would look "totally gay." (His words) He suggested adding the choker to it and wearing it as an ensemble:

I think that looks just grand!

Buzzy Out!

post #1,000*

Another Tiki Central milestone. 1,000 posts,100 pages on my thread . This must be how Rickey Henderson felt after he broke the all time walks and runs record.

Last year, I used this picture to promote myself at Tiki Oasis:

You'll notice, as a newcomer on to the tiki scene then, I emphasized my work.

Things are a little different now, and some people may be more familiar with me as a person, than my body of work. So, this year, I changed the emphasis of my promotional material to reflect where the focus should be:

There is no relevant argument against this fact: I am the sexiest tiki carver alive today.

I'll never get tired of that picture.
Buzzy Out!

H

Buzzy, shouldn't you be changing your post card picture with the THOR COMIC BOOK thingy at the bottom right after your posts thingy, you know?

HOK

Hola Buzzy, Is this gonna be the Centerfold of the Premier edition of "Chipp'in Male" Carving Magazine? :) Freddie

B

Best be careful, the Ancients are having fun with you. They will make you do weierd things and they'll make you carve strange tikis at night and They will use your tools at night to carve strange stuff and you will get the blame. Careful.
you may be onto something,er,,ON something???
We Love 'ya Man

G
GMAN posted on Sat, Aug 4, 2007 7:15 AM

Aack!

lookin good, Buzzy!! the..ah.. tikis i mean...ah.... the maori on the..ah..left i mean......yea.

oh shit buzzy!!! my eyes,they burn! just kiddin. tikis look great as always. where's more house of buzz. don't keep waitin too long.

T

Ahhh! I see that pic of the 7th lesser known Village Person has finally surfaced..

Today's sunset:

I couldn't sleep last night, so I carved this little Maori tourist art inspired pendant with the hookknife and a couple small hand gouges:

It's about 4" tall x 1" x 1". Stained with red mahagony

Here's where you hook it to a big fat fake silver chain

HOK: Freddie, you need to register that domain name, immediately. Couldn't post for a couple of days because you had me laughing so much. Chippin' Males has to happen!
Benzart: You say the nicest things some times. thanks.
GMAN, Greentikipat, Insane tikiers, and Tornhalo: Sorry about the shock to the old rods and cones there. I promise I won't do that again in the very new future. I hope.

Buzzy Out!

T

I'm at least hoping to get a few lines from Macho Man sung acapella in the next "House of Buzz"!!... (It's not like I'm asking for "Hot Cop" or anything, right?)

HOK

On 2007-08-04 02:12, HOUSE OF KU wrote:

Hey Buzzy, maybe you could get sponsored....Heeyy, is that a Flexc_t MC507 #7x1-1/8" Mallet Sweep in your hand or ya just happy to see us? :)  Sorry...last one  Freddie (HOKU)  
H
hewey posted on Mon, Aug 6, 2007 9:05 PM

I'm just glad you didn't put that pic at the top of the page! :lol: Congrats on the TC longevity mate :D

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Aug 7, 2007 3:00 AM

Chippin' Males :lol: :lol: now that MUST be in the next House of Buzz!

Did you get some of that oil? And if so, how is it working for you? Looking forward to aseing that carving in person....got a place all picked out for it.

-Gman

Made this little pendant last night:

Basswood, just about 4 inches tall

Here he is with all his friends:

Gman: That whole dust free environment thing is holding me up right now...
Tornhalo: How about if incorporate that into the tiki carving workout episode that Hiltiki requested.
Freddie: You noticed my product placement skills...

Buzzy Out1

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Aug 7, 2007 11:20 AM

Don't worry about the dust, just use less and rub it in well. Get it on there so he doesn't crack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Sunset today:

It may be hard to tell from these photos, but I put some polishing wax on these and later buffed them out with the dremel tool and a polishing tip.

They feel so silky smooth...

I cleaned a few logs today for next week's event. While I was letting the planer cool, I whittled this:

Gman: Don't worry. :wink:

Buzzy Out!

Finished this pendant last night:

I put a hole in behind the tongue. The lump behind the neck has a hole in it for the cord

I also put some rub on polisher on the big guy in the middle and coated the Hawaiian one with some poly. Here are all the recent little ones I've made in the last few days:

I'm going to go clean some logs now...
Buzzy Out!

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Aug 9, 2007 5:45 PM

100,000 views? Do you feel like you're being watched? You getcha some oil?

-G

On 2007-08-09 17:45, GMAN wrote:
You getcha some oil?

:) :) :) :)

On 2007-08-03 21:50, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
post #1,000*

There is no relevant argument against this fact: I am the sexiest tiki carver alive today.

Oh, I'm sorry, did somebody tell you that I was giving up my gig?

G
GROG posted on Thu, Aug 9, 2007 10:38 PM

Crazy Al's got six-pack abs and a tan.

A borrowed sunset taken by my friend in Costa Rica:

BK: Hey, there's plenty of room up here on "my" throne. Hop on up big guy! Also, I have a friend starting up a magazine called "Chipp'in Male" Carving Magazine. I'll forward your contact info to him. Sounds like it might be your kind of thing. I know I jumped at the opportunity.

GROG: When you're done taking inventory of everything that you love about your good buddy Al, why don't you ask him if he'd like to be featured in a start up magazine called "Chipp'in Males" Carving Magazine...

Okay, who is sexier: Fabio or John Holmes?

Buzzy Out!

On 2007-08-09 22:38, GROG wrote:
Crazy Al's got six-pack abs and a tan.

Buzzy has a satirical attitude and a wonderful iconoclastic outlook. I'm stickin' with pasty, woodchips on the livingroom floor, Buzzy. Buzzy has an expensive education, but says "Fuck you, I'm surfin' and choppin'". THIS is almost as cool as California falling into the sea!!

Grog need stop look at boys trunks in judgmental manner. Billybob lend Grog old Surf mag swimsuit edition instead. Grog look at girl. Grog learn like girl. We all happy then.

RWT32 Las Vegas32, F&AM
myspace.com/billytoney

[ Edited by: billybobaloo 2007-08-10 01:02 ]

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Aug 10, 2007 4:27 AM

Nice job with the oil Buzzy. Now that looks great! I hope you are pleased with the results. Let it dry completely before putting more on, and use less each time. Gman likee!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Aug 10, 2007 9:26 AM

On 2007-08-09 23:25, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
GROG: When you're done taking inventory of everything that you love about your good buddy Al, why don't you ask him if he'd like to be featured in a start up magazine called "Chipp'in Males" Carving Magazine...

Can Bamboo Ben and Crazy Al still qualify for the magazine even though they performed with King Kukulele back in the early eighties in Chippendales?

GROG think Buffy the Vampire Slayer could kick both John Holmes and Fabio's asses!!

_

On 2007-08-10 00:49, billybobaloo wrote:
Grog need stop look at boys trunks in judgmental manner. Billybob lend Grog old Surf mag swimsuit edition instead. Grog look at girl. Grog learn like girl. We all happy then.

Billybobaloo, GROG love the ladies , it's just that Crazy Al is pretty DAMNED FINE!

T

GROG think Buffy the Vampire Slayer could kick both John Holmes and Fabio's asses!!

I think GROG win again!

T

On 2007-08-09 23:25, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
A borrowed sunset taken by my friend in Costa Rica:

BK: Hey, there's plenty of room up here on "my" throne. Hop on up big guy! Also, I have a friend starting up a magazine called "Chipp'in Male" Carving Magazine. I'll forward your contact info to him. Sounds like it might be your kind of thing. I know I jumped at the opportunity.

Buzzy Out!

I see a big fish going down in flames..

..the humanity!

..or maybe a huge sky fish attacked by a huge sky squid.

...god how I hate huge sky squids.

[ Edited by: Tornhalo 2007-08-12 01:06 ]

[ Edited by: Tornhalo 2007-08-12 01:08 ]

Couple days worth of sunsets

Today:

I sanded and stained these two guys today

and finished making a bunch of logs for Tiki oasis

Glad that's all over with.

Tornhalo: I saw that fish too...

Buzzy Out!

B

Just watched the marq you've begun (I've begun one too) and :o wow :o : I predict a super masterpiece: I love marquesan.

Benjamin.

Hi Buzzy!!

Yo Spermy! You gonna stop in the House of Buzz while you are out for Oasis? (This is your official invitation) Love to have you guys over if we can all find the time. Let me know.
Buzzy

G
GROG posted on Mon, Aug 13, 2007 10:51 PM

Buffy the Vampire Slayer could definitely kick Spermy's scrawny ass.

ho-ly buzzy! ok, how often do the neighbors complain about all the noices comming off your yard from tools?
looks like a paradise

On 2007-08-13 22:51, GROG wrote:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer could definitely kick Spermy's scrawny ass.

Even if I could kick her ass I'd still let her win. You cavemen guy/things got to get it together man. Sheesh

Good...

Better...

Best...

I just put some varnish on a few tikis this evening, but the light in the garage makes for crappy pictures of dark tikis. Tiki fans have something to look forward to.

Since there is a lull in the action, I'd like to introduce a new character in season two of the House of Buzz video series:

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Introducing the newest character in the House of Buzz lineup...

Buddy Cat!

Like everybody else here at the House of Buzz, Buddy Cat likes tikis a whole lot.

Buddy Cat lives next door, but he hangs out with me and the dog while his owners are at work during the day. For me, it's like owning a cat without having to feed it or keep a stink box in the house. Sometimes I find him sleeping in the garage at night, and he usually comes in when I'm working at night in the garage.

I call him Buddy Cat because I trained my dog not to attack anything I called buddy. Former pet's names of mine include: Buddy Snake, Buddy Lizard, Big Buddy Lizard, Little Buddy Lizard, and Mini Buddy Lizard. If this cat was not named Buddy cat, my dog would kill it when it swats her in the face like this:

Thank goodness for keywords. If I am ever with my dog and I point at you and call you a "tweaker," you'd better start running, real fast. I figured that would be a good attack word for her because nobody would care if my dog took down some tweaker accidently.
In the episode where I introduce Buddy Cat, I show how I trained him to find good carving wood. Here he is in action:

For those of you who may have read about the other new character in the trade publications, I'm sorry to say...

Buddy Dove's scenes were cut from the final edit of season two's episodes. It seems the test audiences didn't find his story compelling enough to include. He may make the outtakes DVD, though. To tell you the truth, we didn't really hit it off that well and our relationship seemed contrived, which it was. Damn producers and their inclusive tendencies!

Look for more House of Buzz videos soon!

TDuddy: Let me tell you about my neighbors...
When I first moved in, I used to have band practice over here a few days a week and I played my drums all of the time. It's actually quieter now that I'm doing this.The neighbor closest to my work area didn't know I was carving back there for the first 16 months. He is a bass player, and his grandson has a drum set over there, so he makes as much noise as I do, if not more. The house next to him is a house that these people use only for parties. They always have loud bands and dj's and are noisy, but only on weekend nights. The rest of the time it is empty. The house on the the other side of me has one of the last original residents on this block, and she is very old. According to her, I saved her life one time. I don't think I saved her life, but i did help her out a few years ago when she fell down and was trapped in her garage. Since then, she's been my good buddy. But, most of the time, she's at her sister's house in Arizona. She also has those magic noise blocking windows. She just can't remember my name. She calls me the name of a guy who lived here last in 1968. Eventually I just started saying the wrong name was my name.

GROG: Definitely!

Spermy: I'd hope Buffy was trained in Jujitsu and would pull full guard on me(the movie Buffy, not the other TV Buffy)when we started fighting. Then I'd employ the "lay and pray" ride her out to victory fight strategy. That would be fun, and to let a woman win simply because she was a woman is sexist and discriminatory. Letting a woman win based upon her gender would be denying women the rights their feminist revolutionaries fought so strongly for in the past. So if you do not want to be labeled a bigot and a sexist, you need to start trying to beat women up when they start fights with you. Don't let GROG discourage you, you'll be able to take a chick in a fight someday. Just start out with scrawny chicks with colds to get a few wins under your belt and build your confidence. i can train you if you want...

Good Neighbor Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2007-08-14 23:16 ]

HOK

Since there is a lull in the action, I'd like to introduce a new character in season two of the House of Buzz video series:

Buddy Cat!

Hey Buzzy, is this the new head of Home Land Security at the House of Buzz?? Looks like Buddy Cat has a bunch of Moxy!!

Out on patrol.

Pointing WonderDog to her patrol zone.

Showing WonderDog the GPS coordinates of Buzzys house.

Thank goodness for keywords. (Known hear forth as Buzz WORDS)

Hey Buzzy, did Buddy Dove just not show up for work one day?? I have a reconnaissance photo of Buddy Cat stalking the new hire.

![](https://tikicentral.com/uploads/4531/46c28a73.jpg)  

Buddy Dove  

One last question for now. :) Are you gonna make a Christmas Card version of this ?

:) Freddie

Z
Zaya posted on Sun, Aug 19, 2007 11:13 PM

I had such a great time at Tiki Oasis! It was great to see everyone, and I especially had fun taking pictures of you signing your "Pin Up" pictures for all of your fans. This one is of you signing your first autograph!

Ok ladies, line up! Here we go! Ladies? Are you out there?

I found this one on the nightstand in Grog's room!

JUST KIDDING GROG!! :lol: Actually this was taken in CheekyGirl's room! PHEW!!! I was starting to get worried!! :) (Thank you CheekyGirl for being such a great hostess! You took such good care of us all!)

Ok, bring on the beautiful ladies!!!

Thanks to all of our good friends, and to the new ones we made too!

Zaya Out

Z
Zaya posted on Mon, Aug 20, 2007 3:10 PM

Here are more pictures from Tiki Oasis! Starting with this one of you hard at work!

Work Work Work!

So many cool things to choose from!

You and Sven!

An original Bay Park Buzzy up for auction.

And the winner is......Closettiki!

Here's our good friends Kate and Grace up on stage!

And finally the grand fanale, Sunset at Tiki Oasis!

Zaya

[ Edited by: Zaya 2007-08-20 15:11 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 4146 replies