Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Buzzy's work: Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 4,146 replies

Today's sunset:

I used a word this weekend that I haven't called upon much lately: cold.

A word I have been using a lot lately is "chair."

Two more chairs roughed out today.

On 2008-10-10 07:19, 4WDtiki wrote:
Second Moari Chair is my favorite of the series so far.

Thanks wheeler! Only a couple more chances to top it...

Finally a new page...
Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2008-10-12 20:09 ]

Today's sunset:

I did most of this side of a chair today

A few lines and swirls to go

Leg:

Another day, another chair...
Buzzy Out!

another sweet addition to, The Chair Chronicles: A Buzzy Story

B

wow buz the chairs are looking great
i think you might have something with the tiki log cabin

have to go now ,after seeing that pile of logs the drool is starting
to short out my computer

Another nice one! Hey Buzzy, with Halloween coming up...maybe you could have a haunted log pile...with red lights, smoke/fog and scary sounds..........flaming Tiki pumpkins....

scary red-eyed hooded figure sitting in the dark... Oh...Sorry... thats Buzzy.....

[ Edited by: HOUSE OF KU 2008-10-14 03:14 ]

Today's sunset:

Today's project: another chair
Here's how it came out:

I still have to do the front, but it's all roughed out and ready to go

Finishing the front of this one and the face of the one I did yesterday are tomorrow's projects.

On 2008-10-13 20:47, tikithomas08 wrote:
another sweet addition to, The Chair Chronicles: A Buzzy Story

This story obviously has a happy ending...

On 2008-10-13 21:24, buzzard wrote:
i think you might have something with the tiki log cabin

Lincoln logs were my training ground for this project. Now I'm just upping the scale.

On 2008-10-13 22:55, HOUSE OF KU wrote:
scary red-eyed hooded figure sitting in the dark... Oh...Sorry... thats Buzzy.....

Aint that the truth.... :wink:
Looks like I finally have Halloween plans this year, for a change:

On 2008-10-13 13:25, Zaya wrote:
I guess I'll have to take a couple of different versions of the pictures of my costume...and the "other" version I'll have to have Buzzy take pictures of later that evening. :wink:

:o

Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2008-10-14 18:47 ]

Yesterday's sunset:

I managed to finish the leg figures on the last Maori Guy Teko chair:

I ran out of time to do the Mock-o on the third chair's face. Maybe this afternoon. I think I might have just enough time left to redo the Hawaiian one I'm not happy with. I'll have to check my appoiuntment book and see.

All lined up:

Can you feel it in the air? Jimmy Buffett's in town!
Buzzy Out!

Today's sunset:

No tiki work today, but I just wanted to send out a "Happy Birthday" to House of Ku:

Happy Birthday Freddie! :drink:

Buzzy Out!

Z
Zaya posted on Thu, Oct 16, 2008 11:13 PM

Happy Birthday Freddie! Wish we could be with you to celebrate!

Zaya
xxx ooo

P.S. Ringo says Happy Birthday too!!! :)

HOK

Thankyou!! You guys are the bestis! :drink: Freddie

Cloudy sunset today. Here's a couple from yesterday:

Did some marks on this guy's face and legs this morning:

Then I went and got another log and cleaned it up for another chair. I decided to scrap one of the hawaiian ones I already did because the log wasn't that good. So tomorrow, another chair...

Buzzy Out!

rock on!

Today's sunset:

Here's the chair that I worked on today:

A little more work to do to jazz this side up and I'm done.

I also redecorated my outside carving area today with a shade cover upgrade:

I work in the little grass shack now. :)

On 2008-10-19 21:15, RevBambooBen wrote:
rock on!

I can't do anything else...

Tomorrow, let there be Rock!
Buzzy Out!

Sorry for making you work!

it's better to be sat on

than to be shat on!

you will be forever known as the Chair Dude!

p.s. mums still the word.

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2008-10-21 05:54 ]

Great chairs!!
Your subject is ten pages old though!! :D :wink:
If you could rename your subject heading "Erik wanted to see a new subject, like ""the 12 apostles' chairs"" or something" that would be great.

I can't see such great sunsets, I am too low on the horizon and there are too many condos in the way. :)

B

Night shift Chair Dude...

Great carves coming out of The House of buzzy!

O
Otto posted on Wed, Oct 22, 2008 10:59 PM

Buzzy, great stuff. thanks for showing up at the TV station and doing the Tiki Oasis show at 7 am on the Friday after Bali Hai! You are a strong man.

On 2008-10-22 22:59, Otto wrote:
Buzzy, great stuff. thanks for showing up at the TV station and doing the Tiki Oasis show at 7 am on the Friday after Bali Hai! You are a strong man.

He's one of the strongest!

If not.........

Fo' sure!

HOK

Buuuzzzzyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! Were are you Buddy??? Did the Haunted Log pile suck you into a parallel universe???

Heres a Halloween Sunset for you....

Do we need to send out a rescue party?? Heres our lead searcher...stuck in traffic...

Don't worry Buddy...we're looking for you....

She's got an eye out for ya....

Freddie

[ Edited by: HOUSE OF KU 2008-10-30 04:31 ]

On 2008-10-30 04:27, HOUSE OF KU wrote:
Buuuzzzzyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! Were are you Buddy???

Yo Freddie! A lot of stuff was going around here as usual. But first, a tragedy: My trusty old Sony Mavica MVC-FD90 camera finally died on me several days ago. I tried to use a emergency MVC-FD83 that Clysdalle gave to me in the meantime, but I found this earlier model to be insufficient for my photo needs.(I'm further saddened that Clysdalle never got to realize the true Mavica experience with his FD-83. He should have waited a couple years for the FD-90.) So, I was waiting to post again until I got a suitable replacement. Fortunately, a near mint Sony Mavica MVC FD-90 was located, secured, and delivered to me this weekend. It even has the original stickers on it, just like my old one. I'm so happy!

In other factory news:
It was a good time for the camera to go down this week because I was just sanding all the chairs I've already posted. Non sanding related work:

I started by shaping the ass on the Big Ass tiki chair:

And I finished the front of the last Hawaiian one:

After much sanding, I took the chairs into the garage and started staining them:

Most of them are all finished now, a couple need one or two more coats of sealer.

I have also been busy finding uses for all that thatch I got a couple weeks ago.

I covered my popup with a big piece of round thatch and cut it to fit(on the right). I put the scraps on the porch right outside my back door and enclosed it with bamboo fencing(on the left). Then I made a 6 x 10' hut right outside the back garage door. (in the middle, way in the back )Here are some shots of the action, taken with the FD-83:
Stepping out the back garage door into the new thatch room. Bamboo fencing to make it an enclosed room coming soon:

Same hut, from the front

Outside back door porch hut in the background

Stepping out my backdoor into the porch hut, looking towards the work area:

On 2008-10-22 22:59, Otto wrote:

No problem Otto! In addition to my physical strength, I am also frequently noted for my rugged handsomeness as well.

On 2008-10-23 20:32, RevBambooBen wrote:
He's one of the strongest!
If not.........

My greatest strength is my sense of compassion for my fellow man...

On 2008-10-22 11:38, seeksurf wrote:
Great carves coming out of The House of buzzy!

Thanks Seeks. I hope you didn't miss the part where they say I'm strong. That's great too!

On 2008-10-21 18:49, Babalu wrote:
Night shift Chair Dude...

I'm hand delivering my notice of resignation for the day job and picking up my severance package on Wednesday , so it looks like I'm on the night shift again...

On 2008-10-20 20:05, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:
Great chairs!!
Your subject is ten pages old though!! :D :wink:
If you could rename your subject heading "Erik wanted to see a new subject, like ""the 12 apostles' chairs"" or something" that would be great.

I'm still working on that journal....kinda. I'll change the thread to "Frankie's Chairs" after I photo the finished ones tomorrow.

On 2008-10-20 20:04, RevBambooBen wrote:
p.s. mums still the word.

Moss told me I could say the chairs are for his super secret new Tiki bar named Frankie's opening soon in Las Vegas.

It sure dooes get dark early these days...
Buzzy Out!

H

Buzzy, your last chair in the pictures looks great.

Dayuuum...Buzzy's GONE NATIVE! :D SsweeetT thatch job, the village is coming together quite nicely Mr. Mayor... :wink:

Buzzy you are a Madman!! I am so proud of you!!

TD

BuzzMan!
Stuff is lookin great! cool smirk on the one guy

Done!

The last six chairs for Frankie's Tiki Room in Vegas are ready to go:

The last minute Hawaiian that replaced the original fourth one:

Glad I did it. Much better piece of wood than the old fourth one

Sleek Danish modern inspired profile design:

Speaking of nice pieces of wood, I found some nice pieces to do the Maori set with. They look a little different in the finishing than the hawaiian/tang and Tahitian sets.
Maori guy playing air guitar chair:

For the Maori ones, I went with a more chairy look than a drummy look

Leg face guy detail

Back face close up

Another Maori inspired chair:

Leg tiki guy

Another Maori chair

Leg detail

To complete the Maori set:

Little different look on the front for this one:

And finally, the big ass tiki chair with the big ass:

This one was made for guys who do not know how much they weigh because they outgrew thier home scales long ago:

Some buses have those seats for disabled people with a special signs to inform people of their special seat function. This chair needs a universal "Give it up for the big guy" sign if some under 300 lb twerp sits in this chair.

This is the Tiki Guy throne

For the ladies: Big butt close up

Next stop: Las Vegas, Nevada.

On 2008-11-02 17:41, hiltiki wrote:
Buzzy, your last chair in the pictures looks great.

Thanks Hiltiki! It must be that hybrid modern danish/polynesian style with a touch of Old mexico that I used for my inspiration for the chair part of it. Your keen eye can truly recognize quality and innovation.

On 2008-11-02 18:50, TravelingJones wrote:
Dayuuum...Buzzy's GONE NATIVE! :D SsweeetT thatch job, the village is coming together quite nicely Mr. Mayor... :wink:

I'm doubling the square footage of my house the tropical surf shack palapa ghetto look. I'm Da Mayor of ThatchTown West! I got a new stereo for out there too. Thatchtown rocks!

On 2008-11-03 08:48, The Sperm Whale wrote:
Buzzy you are a Madman!! I am so proud of you!!

Thanks Spermy! Everytime I see a sperm whale on something at the swap meet, I think of you. Like this weekend: I found two tiki cups with sperm whales printed on the backs. When I picked the cups up and saw the whales, i said to myself, "I wonder what Spermy is up to?" You were probably sleeping.

On 2008-11-03 16:12, Tiki Duddy wrote:
BuzzMan!
Stuff is lookin great! cool smirk on the one guy

Thanks duddy! chairs are all done, now on to something else...

But what?
Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2008-11-03 18:59 ]

On 2008-11-03 18:48, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
For the Maori ones, I went with a more chairy look

Maybe do a little more research next time. This is a chairry look.

:lol:

TD

BuzMan- the maori set looks Great!
lovin the air guitar guy :lol:

those Chairys are CHERRY!

T

Great chairs. I haven't decided yet whether they look comfortable or not. :lol:

What's the verdict? Are you going to add cushions?

G
GROG posted on Tue, Nov 4, 2008 8:56 AM

Cheers to your chairs!

Impressive body of work Buzz!

The tiki chairs will make a big impact in Frankie's decor.

Good stuff!

I hope to one day rest my glorious ass on your chairs at Frankies.

TT

I can't wait to have a seat. I am making my trip plans for December!

T
teaKEY posted on Sun, Nov 9, 2008 8:59 AM

do we have a picture of someone sitting in one of those chairs

Great job Buzzy...Buzzy so so funny too haha :D .... Can't wait to plop my tired ass in one of those crazy tiki chairs .. & yeah? take a picture of someone, not the dog sitting in a chair, just for the effect. Is there a cushion or no?

S

Wow buzzy you the man the machine nice work.

G
GMAN posted on Wed, Nov 12, 2008 2:18 PM

keep 'em coming :wink:

H
harro posted on Fri, Nov 14, 2008 6:40 AM

nice tikis chairguy... I mean nice chairs tikiguy..

whats next - tables? lounges? oversized forks and spoons? (oh wait...)

Good work Buzzy. Are you charging per chair or per hour?

Today's sunset:

I had to take it easy last week because I hurt my back real bad and couldn't carve. I spent the week in a daze of pain killers and muscle relaxers, hoping I would one day walk upright and eventually get back to doing some real work. To kill some time while I was on the mend, I played with some clay.

Here's the pile of stuff I made:

Couple double bird beak head guy pendants:

More pendants:

Different style of pendants and a couple beads:

Two Maoritini glasses:

One is a single full body guy and the other has two of the same tiki back to back.

A drinky cup and matching martini glass:

And finally, a lava Ku plaque that I'll probably turn into a giant pendant:

Cammo's been stopping by the last couple of days for Visiting artist's day. Here he displays his current project:

Some fine tuning:

I felt a little better today so I did a little carving on the in progress drum:

I think I can get it done tomorrow...

I'm going to do another post later where I will answer some of those old questions.
For now,
Buzzy Out!

Crikey! One minute you're a yard full of logs...then a primitive chair manufacturer...now pushing out clay products like a Play-Doh Tiki Pumper? Madness, sheer madness...

:tiki: Tiki Guy never sleep?!! :tiki:

HOLY CRAP those chairs are awesome! You pump out some seriously cool stuff!

I like your coco-joe inspired clay pieces too! Hope your back is feeling better!

Buzz that drum is looking killer!

Cam, great lines on that mask!

H

Drinky cup looks good.

B

Nice lookin stuff but I have an idea why don't you stop everything and make a bunch of Tiki Chairs, I'll bet you would be Great at it and I think you could sell a bunch. Yeah, that sounds like a plan!
Oh and the Pendants look Awesome Too!

Going live right now for about the next hour or so...

Click here

Or you can click on the camera photo in my signature...

See you all there!
Buzzy Out!

C
Cammo posted on Fri, Nov 21, 2008 4:20 PM

Forgot to say that this drum is incredible up close, it's one of the best things I've ever seen on TC, and really in the Islander traditions & spirit. The center is hollowed out carefully, maybe he'll cover it with sharkskin or Iguana hide or something...

...maybe Buzzy should just do the obvious thing and move to Maui, carve, and sell to the Japanese tourists for mucho yenno.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 4146 replies