Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Buzzy's work: Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 4,146 replies

HOK

Hola Buzzy!

ChippenMales Magazine "Mr. Tiki 2008".

Mahalo for choosing not to use the Man-el Toe shot! Tiki placement is everything....

Freddie

T

I'm thinking we need to get you a billboard on a big freeway somewhere.

LT

On 2008-08-11 18:27, Tornhalo wrote:

ROFL! I'd throw in to support that effort! :lol: :lol:

Today's sunset:

I finished carving the drum:

I also sanded it and stained it today:

It will need one more coat of stain

I also got these sanded and stained:

On 2008-08-10 21:32, Billy the Crud wrote:
I need to scrub my eyes! I'll be in my backyard, carving chainsaw bears.

Did I hear someone say bears? maybe I need to bust out the "bear trap" again.

On 2008-08-10 21:50, Tiki Trav wrote:
Buzzy you can borrow my coco-thong if you like...

Does is come in gourd sized too?

On 2008-08-11 06:06, HOUSE OF KU wrote:

Mahalo for choosing not to use the Man-el Toe shot! Tiki placement is everything....

The choice of shot was easy becauseI wouldn't want to cheapen myself. I owe the public more than that.

On 2008-08-11 18:27, Tornhalo wrote:

Please make it be one close to my house so I can see it with my naked eyes...

On 2008-08-11 18:31, LOL Tiki wrote:
ROFL! I'd throw in to support that effort! :lol: :lol:

Should we get a fundraiser thermometer started?

House of Buzz: Unsurpassed quality you've come to expect.
Buzzy Out!

N

Hey! The tiki pole's obscured.

Today's merge into dark:

Tiki Stuff Update:

Starting today's update, we'll warm up with my warm up carvings from tiki stack stick on a rope pendant pile #2 that I did last night because I had a carving jones:

There were two more on the bottom but they snapped off. That's the danger of tiki stack stick on a rope pendant construction. That's why so few even attempt to do it, and even fewer succeed

Now after that tiki stuff update warm up, try this:
Imagine the two moai with one coat of spar sitting in my garage drying...
(big dark tikis never photo well in my garage. Thanks for the extra effort required tonight.)

Now all you have to do is look:

This one is smaller so I can photo it:

I also have the drum in there drying after another coat if stain:

Today's big and time consuming project was the sanding and staining of the Ku:

On 2008-08-12 11:28, Naneki wrote:

Hey! The tiki pole's obscured.

You have to buy the magazine (available soon!) to see the good tiki "stuff." For now though, since you are "warmed up" and have again warmed up in the tiki stuff update section, try to imagine in your mind the big tiki pole, with nothing in the way to obscure your view...

I hope you can see it now.
Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2008-08-12 20:41 ]

What the hell, man........did you have a photoshoot with Irving Klaw or Bunny Yeager?

I cannot possibly cover the last week in one post, so I'll start a series of Tiki Oasis journal entries with this post.

Buzzy's Tiki Oaisis Journal Entry #1: House of Ku Day at the House of Buzz and Pre Event promotion.

Oh good lord, what a whirlwind this last week was! Tiki Oasis started for me with a very special visitor from da islands, House of Ku! It was great hanging out with good friend Freddie finally. I didn't take any pictures while he was here, but hopefully he'll be able to post up some he took here when he gets home and recovers. That friend of his worked him like slave labor while he was here! I'll do my Tiki Oasis journal entry about that day after I have some visuals. I'll skip all the sanding, staining, and work I did after Freddie left that day and skip forward to the next morning, when I went down to the local Fox studio to promote the event on some morning show I never heard of.
we didn't have any specifics about it prior, and were under the impression that it would be a short live tv spot on the event site on Thursday morning. That was great for me because I was supposed to be helping set up the stage at the same time. We found out that evening that it was to be a panel of people from the event filmed in the local fox studio, instead of at the hotel. I was told that I was only going to be talking about the event. I brought a few props that I hoped to sneak in to the segment.
When I got there, they sent me out back to the rear "stage" and asked me where my chainsaw was because they wanted me to carve live on tv. Crap! I thought i was going to be sitting on a couch blahblahblahing about the event. Luckily, I had my hookknives and small hand tools for props just in case I needed to fill some air time talking about the craft. I had one uncarved pendant on my tiki pendant on a stick on a rope stack and I told the producers I'd do some quiet hand carving on camera for my part of the segment. It was on a local morning show called San Diego Living, and was broadcast live at 9AM Friday morning. We were the second segment, after a live on location segment from a swimming pool with a bunch of kids who now wanted to be Michael Phelps and right before a back to school segment on how to stop your teenage daughter from dressing like a slut at school this upcoming year. It was about a seven minute segment and is archived on the Fox San diego website.

Now for the visuals:

I pulled my truck into the back lot where they do the outside segments. there was a big tarp to block the sun and a big crane camera

The stack of stuff I was going to try to use as product placement. I wanted to take the tall Lono, but when I went to load him in the morning, he was still wet. I brought the newku, a couple older pieces, tools, bling, and a couple other things I was going to try and get on camera

Wrinkled clothes are the new style this season, as well as a hat made by Cammo:

The panel turned out to be only King Kukuklele and myself. I'm setting up while he warms up

He tried to memorize eight pages of events, bands, happenings and seminars that Otto wnated us to mention while I get hooked up to audio

After that, the staff all disappeared and we were left outside again wondering what was up. All we knew was that we had less than three minutes until we went live. All set up and ready to go:

I can see my dirty truck right behind the fence!

Suddenly the back doors fly open, a whole production crew comes out with cameras, walkie talkies, and papers. Renee Kohn was the host who was to interview us. She said "hi", gave zaya a dirty look, they said "3-2-1" and we were a go

She talked about the event and asked King K some questions first

then he sang, she made some Baboon noises along with him while I did a hula dance

Then it was my turn to talk tiki

I rocked the bling and held it up for the viewers at home to marvel at> She asked me if they were comfortable and I answered that when I wore them, my hands felt like they were nude.

She couldn't help but admire my bling. She was so overtaken by its quality, she had to touch it to make sure it wasn't an illusion:

After that, I did a hooknife carving demo and talked about the carving hut and tiki vending that would be at Oasis.
Live tv hookknifing

Carving with bling on tv:

Check the cheesecake photo I tried to sneak into the frame

At the very end of the segment, I flashed the photo but they put a banner over it when they showed it on tv. Here's the stuff I tried to get on camera:

About two seconds after the segment was filmed, the entire staff disappeared, the doors to the studio were shut and locked, and King K and I were left standing in the parking lot alone again. A whole seven minutes had elapsed.

I went from there to the event to drop off some tikis for the stage and the photo shoots. Immediately after setting up the tikis, I had to run home and get ready for the the next chapter of my Tiki Oasis 2008 journal:

Bullet and Jonesey visit the House of Buzz!

Oh so much more later...
As seen on TV!
Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2008-08-18 23:09 ]

B

Man Buzz I see you still haven't lost any of your Insanity :P :P :P
I would have Love to had been there watching that 7 minnit shoot but I'm sure they would have kicked me out for stopping the production with laffing too many times. Glad to see you're still crazy after all these years.
C'mon, wheres the rest of the journal?

P
Paipo posted on Tue, Aug 19, 2008 3:24 AM

I can't believe you updated your thread title after 167 pages!

Anxiously awaiting the next episode of "Oasis Journal 08"...maybe we'll find out the answers to some burning questions:
What does the Lava Buzzy mean, and is there a faded green label on his back?(and why is he holding a roll of TP?)
Did Renee go home with a signed copy of the Mr. Tiki 2008 pic?
Why does Freddie come in later even though the story begins with him...is it kind of like Pulp Fiction? Will I then have to go back several pages to find the pics of Bullet and Jonesey?

H
hewey posted on Tue, Aug 19, 2008 4:54 AM

Woooo! Buzzy the TV star :D Gotta love show business - one giant whirlwind!

C
Cammo posted on Tue, Aug 19, 2008 7:32 AM

Buzzy looks way more like a Tiki Guy than King Kukulele does.

So it was an ambush interview?!

How cool is it getting ambush interviewed by a lady with WAY too much makeup while she admires your bling and shoots dirty smirks at Zaya?

On 2008-08-19 03:24, Paipo wrote:
Why does Freddie come in later even though the story begins with him...is it kind of like Pulp Fiction? Will I then have to go back several pages to find the pics of Bullet and Jonesey?

I didn't take any pictures on the House of Ku day at the House of Buzz. Freddie took a whole mess of shots while we were cruising around that day as well as some of my last minute frantic work to get ready. So Freddie, post away if you get a chance...I also couldn't do the Bullet and Jonesey entry because I had to take some pictures this morning for it. I just did that, so that entry comes next...

On 2008-08-19 02:50, Benzart wrote:
C'mon, wheres the rest of the journal?

Hey Benny! The journal is going to be pretty long, so stick around awhile and see what's coming. It continues now...

Journal Entry #2: House of Ku day at the House of Buzz

So Freddie came out here with his friend for Oasis and was staying just up the road from me. His friend had to go to Temecula so I told Freddie to definitely not go with him and kill the day over at my place. I brought him over and gave him the nickel tour, and then we went on a local tikis tour. I made him watch me work for a while and then we went to Weinerschnitzel. To top off the San Diego experience, we went down to PB a walked around the area with all the bars and the ensuing madness when you have a high concentration of bars, booze, and scantly clad young ladies down by the beach.

Since I have no pictures of this great day, I'll post a picture of the donations that Freddie made to my collection instead:

Thanks Freddie! That's some great stuff!

Next chapter,
Bullet, Jonesey, and the Coco Jonz

Stay tuned!
Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2008-08-19 09:23 ]

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Aug 19, 2008 9:42 AM

A red sling shot? :lol: Aack...good Lord!

Congrats on all the exposure and the sales Buzzy. You deserve it. Thanks for all the entertainment too. I appreciate all the effort you put in for us.

-g

damn buzzy, i'm still laughing about your tv experience. fortunately buzzy tivoed the segment and jonesEy, cammo, lol tiki and i got to watch it with buzzy's commentary. buzzy's hands were moving so fast the cameraman couldn't keep up. the shots of buzz's giant maori rings were freakin' hilarious. mahalo for da invite to da house of buzz and for you, zaya and house of ku partying in our room sat night. 2 highlights from our trip. i'm so glad i got to know you and zaya. happy happy happy!
p.s. the new signature is killa!

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2008-08-19 10:41 ]

ok....so when do we get to see it on youtube?

Tiki Oasis Journal Entry #3: Jonesey and Bullet at the House of Buzz

Continuing on with my non stop day on Friday, I left Oasis and went home real quick to meet up with Jonesey and Bullet. Later on, we were joined by Cammo and Lol tiki.
Jonesey and Bullet were met by the welcoming committee. Luckily, Ringo didn't jump up and pee on them when he met them. It was off to a great start!

Right here I'm showing them that mess extends out to the property line

Bullet was pre warned that my house was kind of "casual."

Here I am explaining where he should avoid going, which basically extends from south of I-8 all the way to terra del fuego.

My finger is resting on the Bali Hai

Guest appearance by the mad hatter Cammo, checking out the mess left over from several days of non stop work

And then the greatest thing ever happened: I was presented with a very special gift from Jonesey. He posted a preview here a few days before, but I exercised restraint in asking about it, because I wanted to hear it straight from the horse's mouth. Here he is telling us the story of it as he carefully unwraps the greatest piece of art produced in the history of western civilization:

In this picture you can see my extreme sense of joy I was experiencing as I held the piece in my hand for the first time.

What you cannot see in the picture is the overwhelming sense emotion we were all feeling as we heard the story and examined the piece. I was trying to keep my poker face, but I was so overcome with a rush of gratitude and respect that I started to cry. I said oh no, I'm starting to cry. And then Bullet says "Hey I'm crying too listening to this story," and then Zaya and Jonesey started crying also. Bunch of grown men standing around bawling. What a bunch of wimps we are. However, if anyone says anything to us about it in a mocking tone, I will promise that a crying wimp will beat your ass. This is a promise, not a threat, so it does not break TC rules. A threat implies that there may or may not a resulting action, where a promise guarantees action. See the fine legal distinction I can skate around.

Couple red eyed crybabies with the Coco Jonz satue, hand made by Jonesey.

Then back to the fun and games after that very special moment. Bullet rocks some tiki bling.

The dogs wanted to go home with Jonesey. Here they are waiting for him to gather them up with his stuff and go meet Freddie's friend visiting out here from Hawaii

Jonesey sporting a new Cammo lid and Bullet with his new bling pendant:

I was totally stoked to see him sportin' it with his Benzart pendant later that night. They were all in fine company together.

Sadly, they had to leave to go meet with Freddie's friend, but I'm sure another visit is on the horizon...

Damn that was a great afternoon!

Here's the piece that Jonesey made for me:

Modeled after the classic sculptures of Coco Joe's and HIP

A subtle lean

Hey Paipo, no faded tag, but a red sticker and tag in homage to the originals. Down further in this post is the homage to the legends booklets from the early coco joes too

Hybrid HIP- Coco Joes- Jonz marking

The pendant is modeled after the one I carved and wore in last year's cheesecake photo

So handsome!

I finally found a new signature! Thanks Jonesey!

Details to marvel at:

It even came with a booklet:

I told Jonsesy two things: this is the greatest thing ever and quit your day job.

This is the most valuable thing I now own. It's truly priceless. Words cannot express my gratitude for this, but I'll say thank you because I feel I need to try. Thanks Jonesey!

On 2008-08-19 09:42, GMAN wrote:
Thanks for all the entertainment too. -g

I don't consider myself an artist, but rather an entertainer. I also do not produce any art: I make tikis.

On 2008-08-19 10:10, kingstiedye wrote:
happy happy happy!

That pretty much sums up my feelings right now. Ditto to everything you just said.

On 2008-08-19 11:41, closettiki wrote:
ok....so when do we get to see it on youtube?

Anyone know how to upload it? I can get a DVD copy of it...

Next Chapter: Rawhide, Dogs, and the Drum

I haven't cried since last Friday!
Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2008-08-20 01:56 ]

T

Your CoCo Jonz, I'm seeing it but I'm not believeing it. Are you saying Jonz made that, like with his hands.

I love the Coco Jonz piece. How amazing is that?! Thanks for sharing it with all of us, Buzzy.

Buzz, you're immortal, man. In the true spirit of Tiki, you were admired enough to have a Tiki carved in your image, thus elevating you to the illustrious position of DIVINE TIKI GUY. The bards will sing your praises, man!

thats unbelievably cool buzzy! props to coco jonz

damn you buzzy! first you make me cry and then you go and tell everybody about it! it was a very cool moment though. to see your reaction to all the work and thought that jonesEy put into that piece, well, let's just say i'm really happy i was there for the presentation. once again, mahalo my friend.
p.s. why aren't there any pics of zaya???? just a bunch of crying wimps!
p.p.s. i'm wearing one of tama's hei tikis in the photo along with your bling. that's pretty damn good company too.

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2008-08-19 20:07 ]

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2008-08-19 20:17 ]

P
Paipo posted on Tue, Aug 19, 2008 8:09 PM

Absolutely amazing! Thanks for that Buzzy. I have seen a few glimpses of Jonesey's talents before, and the man definitely has the skills to take it to the tiki art world if he ever tires of his day job. Kind of cool when you find out a guy who is one of the ultimate collectors is every bit as good as anyone whose work he buys! I'd love a little more info on the making of the piece if you're willing to share TJ...

Buzzy's moment of glory can be found here:
http://www.sandiego6.com/content/sandiegoliving/default.aspx?articleID=495974
there's a little embedded player on the right, and the Oasis video is the 1st of the 4 you can choose from (top left in the player)...

That statue is about the coolest thing I have ever seen!

wow....ive stood in the presence of greatness

now....forever immortalized
even better....monumentalized

humbled i feel

deep............

HOK

Hola Buzzy!! Thanks for making my first Major Tiki event a memorable experience's. Folks, Buzzy is even better in person!!
I'll fill in picts when I can...edit when needed :oops:

On 2008-08-19 08:14, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:

I didn't take any pictures on the House of Ku day at the House of Buzz. Freddie took a whole mess of shots while we were cruising around that day ...

___Some Tikis on the grounds of House of Buzz...

Kiva patrolling the grounds...

as well as some of my last minute frantic work to get ready. So Freddie, post away if you get a chance...

Journal Entry #2: House of Ku day at the House of Buzz

So Freddie came out here with his friend for Oasis and was staying just up the road from me. His friend had to go to Temecula so I told Freddie to definitely not go with him and kill the day over at my place. I brought him over and gave him the nickel tour, and then we went on a local tikis tour.

any one know what this was originally? I think it's an auto repair shop now... Freddie

I made him watch me work for a while ...

And more work...burning the candle at booth ends...
Personally, I think he's freakly like dat...Freddie

Nice deep color...the light reflecting off it makes Buzzy's shirt look almost pink.... in fact it was pink :roll: ...

and then we went to Weinerschnitzel. To top off the San Diego experience, we went down to PB a walked around the area with all the bars and the ensuing madness when you have a high concentration of bars, booze, and scantly clad young ladies down by the beach.

Since I have no pictures of this great day, I'll post a picture of the donations that Freddie made to my collection instead:

___Looks like Christmas at The House Of Buzz...

Pupu's to Da Max

Thanks Freddie! That's some great stuff!

Next chapter,
Bullet, Jonesey, and the Coco Jonz

Stay tuned!
Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2008-08-19 09:23 ]

LT

On 2008-08-19 21:23, HOUSE OF KU wrote:

Subjects for your next carvings or something to help out in case you run out of wood? :D

LOL Tiki!

[ Edited by: LOL Tiki 2008-08-19 22:06 ]

Meeting Freddie was GREAT. Freddie, you're the cement of brotherly love, man. One day, I'll bring the wife to the Islands(or she'll kill me in my sleep) and we'll hang out more when I can pay attention. Tiki Oasis this year was like being a marathon runner though heaven- exhaustion, elation, revelation, and Hawaiianization. I'm drunk on what was left of Cheekys' drink, so I'll stop there.

B

Yep, Buzzy is the KING of Tiki and has the tribute statue to prove it. BIG props to Jonsey for allowing a smidgen of his creativity to sneak out, We KNOW you have it because you throw a tease now and then.
Buzzy, maybe you should quit carving tiki and just become a writer, At Least till you get this journal done, WHERE's THE REST??
How happy it is to see Bullet wearing bling and a Smile, Yes HappyHappyHappy and More happy.
Buzz the video was Hilarious too and could have been More so had they let you do the directing, Now THAT would have been funny.

HOK

Billy! It was really nice to meet you Too...If you come on over, let me know and we can have some drinks... :drink:

Tiki Oasis 2008 Journal Entry #4: The feeling of being watched

While I was down at the hotel on Friday morning, Zaya went to a leather supply company and picked me up a piece of rawhide for the drum head. I talked to the leather store lady about it the day before and it sounded like a pretty easy process. She said the hardest part would be cutting it. As soon as I got home, I took the hide and placed in the bathtub. It needed to soak for a little over an hour, so that meant that it would be ready about the time Jonesey and Bullet left. The funniest part about the rawhide was the reaction from the dogs. They were all over it. Pieces of rawhide for what I needed range in price from $50 to $200. Even though I got a low end piece of hide, it was still highly interesting to the dogs. We actually had to lock it in another room and they were still pacing and scratching at the door. When I put the hide in the tub, Kiva actually tried to take it out. I countered her advances by putting a bunch of rocks on it so it was completely submerged. That made it worse, because now I had in my bathroom a very tempting big bowl full of 20 gallons of warm rawhide soup.
The dogs were distracted by the arrival of our guests and the hide quickly softened. After Cammo had his second consecutive day of vending hats out of his car trunk out on the street in front of my house, and a mysterious package exchange between Bullet and LolTiki, everyone left and I had to get back to work. The whole time we were out in the street, I was wondering what my nosey neighbors were thinking. For a couple days now, Cammo would show up, open his trunk, and then people in Hawaiian shirts would gather around for several minutes and look at what he had in there, money would be exchanged, the trunk was slammed shut, and then everyone would quickly depart.

So now on to the drum head installation session:

The leather lady said I should cut the hide with a big pair of scissors. I tried that and it would kill my hand to do the whole perimeter cut. I then found use number #126 for my hookknife. It worked perfect and took about 40 seconds.
I started by making a paper template for it. I cut the head just a little larger than I needed. Based on how easily the hookknife cut the hide, I figured it would be real easy to cut it to size after I nailed it down.

I was kind of nervous when I was doing this because I had attack of paranoia because I was feeling like I was being watched the whole time

The next step was to nail it on. I stretched it and tacked away

I'm getting freaky forearm muscles from carving so much

Too much to do, not enough time. Freddie calls in the middle of the process so I have to multitask.

"Hey Buzzy, Howd the drum head turn out?"
" Freddie! I'm working on it as we speak."
"Cool! Where's Bullet and Jonesey They're not here yet."
"Carls' Jr. they should be there any minute now."
"Ok Buzzy, see you later tonight."
"C-ya Freddie."

Pulp Fictionesque cut to another setting:

Bullet, Freddie's Friend, and the Carl's Jr cup that is a metaphor for...

And now another quick cut to a flashback scene from the Bail hai the night before:

House of Ku and Zaya

Freddie and another one of his friends:

How does all this fit into the big plot? Keep watching to find out!

And then a quick cut back to the House of Buzz as the soundtrack switches to Bob Seger

I just about have it all nailed down as "Night Moves" rocks da House

Next step was to carefully remove the excess hide.

I have this troll who lives under my couch:

He darts out and grabs the scraps of rawhide when they hit the floor and quick as a flash he darts back into his den with them and gobbles them up.

The head was still loose and wet, and it would take a day or so to completely dry and stretch, so I just wrapped the rope into the recess I carved for it to size it so I could attatch it the next day

Here's the "finished" product:

And the dogs' patience finally paid off.
Ringo with a scrap larger than he is:

and Kiva finishing off the first of many pieces:

TC is real slow right now so I'm going to wrap up this post now and finish it up later.

Next Chapter: It's Go Time-Saturday's Fast paced Tiki Action Fest, featuring some of the most notable tiki personalities in the scene today!
Stay Tuned!

This is taking forever so no wonder I never did this the last couple years.
Buzzy Out!

Really really awesome drum Buzz.

I was chatting w/ Zaya when you sold it.

I'd like me one of them too so get choppin! Not kiddin! No head though. I'll take it to the World Beat Center and get a heavy goatskin stretched over it so I can wail like a champ... too bad I usually wail like a chimp!

(Did you scoop out the dookie before you tacked the head on?)

killer stuff buzzy! i literally had tears in my eyes i was laughing so hard reading about cammo's trunk sale. the drum came out beautifully. i was sad dan and wendy couldn't quite pull the trigger to buy it. i was hoping it would be close enough to visit from time to time.

First off, I'd just like to take a moment to thank Buzzy for opening up his heart & home and for making this Ol'Navy guy feel right at home in the House of Buzz last September. For me, there was a soulful connect with this Tiki Guy and that translated into creating a special item to display with his monsterous collection of resin HIP, CoCo Joe's, Lava Ray, Poly Art and Schirmann's. One that would ring true to his image and forever anger the Gods in the House of Ku :lol: (sorry, this is all BF..."Before Freddie")

So now to move along and not to derail or clog up Buzzy's Journal, I'm again touched by this Tiki Guy, Zaya, Kiva & Ringo for being such a great gang of peepo, Cammo's curbside lid service and the great times had swinging with Buzzy's good buddy from Hawaii... now I'm feeling that a menehune tribute is to follow?

Here's a couple pic's of the claymation birth of the Tiki Guy- Legend of Bay Park Buzzy... just a couple bricks of Super Sculpey Firm and some cheap modeling tools. A snappy color photo,a penciled sketch of idea and a small group of Local Union of Poly Resin Workers, to see the job is done correctly, on time and within contracted budget. Toss in a couple lost weekends to create and many, many, too many months to finish and you can capture the mana of a BUZZY?

That's it... back to our regular and entertaining episodes on the HOUSE OF BUZZ.

Flippity-fLip-flOpPp'n-Flip...
PS. "To Know His Tiki Is To Love His Tiki."

Buzzy-
That drum looks super awesome!! How does it sound? I have been banging on some congas that Doctor Z gave me. I got a tell ya bangin on the the Drums is totally relaxing to me. It is almost like prayer without all of the bullshit religion. Good Tymes

that drum is killer, glad i got to see it at oasis. thanks for the log today!

On 2008-08-20 14:50, The Sperm Whale wrote:
Buzzy-
That drum looks super awesome!! How does it sound? I have been banging on some congas that Doctor Z gave me. I got a tell ya bangin on the the Drums is totally relaxing to me. It is almost like prayer without all of the bullshit religion. Good Tymes

I got to bang it lightly a couple of times and it sounded great at low volume. Imagine how that sucker sounds with a dread-locked hippy banging on it!

B

Yes the drum turned out Fantastic and you should probably do some more at least until you're sick of them and don't want to se any more, then do a few more. Meanwhile...this Journal is icing on the Buzzy-Cake so Where's the REST?? You Know we have NO Patients, we're not doctors you know.
Don't make us BEG!
Gimmee gimmee gimmee, I want it now.

HOK

On 2008-08-20 14:22, TravelingJones wrote:

Thanks For posting the behind story on "the" piece. Such talent and a great guy to boot! Freddie

Buzz, that drum turned out damn good. Congrats to you and to the lucky person who bought it.

Living the rockstar life out there in Bay Park... good on ya!

Swing down to the Tiki Mag Art Show opening and say hi if you get the chance, I'll be in town.

Buzzy!
Mad drum!
really really sweet! you gonna play us a beat on the next House of Buzz episode>?

Z
Zaya posted on Fri, Aug 22, 2008 9:10 AM

:music: "Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday Dear Buzzy, Happy Birthday to you!" :music:

T

Hey Buzzy, Happy Buzzy Man.

"you gonna play us a beat on the next House of Buzz episode"

How bout you one of your links (homepage or Comicbook) a link to the House of Buzz.

have a great birthday, braddah!

J

Happy Birthday, Buzzy!!!! Wish I'd known last week! I woulda brought you a present!

Happy Birthday Buzzy!!! Have a Great Year!! Did Buddy cat bring you a "gift" yet? It might be out in the yard....:)

Freddie

HappyBirthday Buzzy!!
Best wishes!

:)

First of all, I want to thank all of you for the birthday well wishes! You guys here on the House of Buzz thread mean a whole lot to me. This silly thing here gets me out of bed every day and keeps me going,... and going. Thanks for making it a great time and giving me all the support!

That damn Oasis journal is taking forever and the event hasn't even started yet on that timline. I guess I'm working on Bowana time now.

This brief interlude will catch all of you up on the current happenings over here. I'll be back to the journal right after I comment on your comments. So keep watching, there's still a lot of ground to cover and I just got back into work mode on Wednesday...

A recent sunset to get us back into the present narrative:

Seems like people like the drum. Maybe I should make more?

Drum #2

fine piece of wood. this is the other half of the log that the first drum came out of. It will be the same style as the first, but now I know which parts I need to do better and I also plan on spending more time on the upper design area.

This will be drum #3:

this one came to me in a vision. Drastically different than the first two, it will be. Hope I can pull it off. I think I'll get to this in October.

The drums will be sandwiched between this project here that I started on Tuesday:
I think I can fit what i want to do on both of these. One will definitely work:

These three are bigger than I need and perfect:

They're a little big to be drug into the house to work on yet, and there is a lot of chainsaw roughing on them first, so these are my day job, and the drums are my evening job for the next few days. Once I get the first few roughed, they will be my night job, and roughing out the next few will be my day job. And the drums will wait...

Yesterday I went down to the hotel again. I didn't take my camera because I couldn't find it so no pictures. I did a couple pendants while I was there. They were a pendant on a stick with a rope but they broke off.

After the hotel gig, I worked on another project for the evening over at Babalu's studio.

Here I am, a proud papa with my first completed mug! Better pictures on Babalu's thread, as well as LLT's mug and Babalu's new work.

I'll be back soon to catch up on correspondence and continue on with the journal.
Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2008-08-22 13:03 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 4146 replies