Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Buzzy's work: Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 4,146 replies

H

Sweet.

lookin' good Buzzy...nice detail work.

Today's Sunset:

Here's some of what I got done on this one today:

Hiltiki and Conga: Thanks you two!

Buzzy Out!

C
Cammo posted on Thu, Dec 13, 2007 6:53 PM

And here it is punched up in PShop. This should be the centerpiece of your new beefcake photo, Buzz you dog.

S

Space hippy is lookin good love the color and the shine.

Yes the shellac i read alittle more about it on the net.
Yep 99.9% sure you will never see my use shellac.
I did look up congatikis tong oil that sounds like
my ballpark.

last night's progress on this guy:

And the Moai for the secret santa sony party is done:

It's beginning to look a lot like Xmas!
Buzzy

I spy with my little eye somethin that aint Palm!! Why is it that Moais are so simple and cool! Good d job.

R
Robin posted on Fri, Dec 14, 2007 4:42 PM

Hi Buzzy, Just saw the Maori. He is a really really handsome piece.

B

All Right Buzzy, I LOVE the Attitude you gave your new Moai, it's a BIG Step UP!

Yesterday's sunset:

After a busy weekend of doing no work at all, I settled in last night and did a bunch of carving on this guy:

I should finish him up this afternoon.

Robin & Benzart: Hey guys! Thanks for the comps on some of my recent adventures. Both of you have very good tastes!

On 2007-12-14 12:10, AlohaStation wrote:
I spy with my little eye somethin that aint Palm!!

Hey AlohaStation: Click on the little Thor picture in the signature at the end of my posts and the first forty or so pictures are all of my non palm work. Enjoy! Thanks for checking in too!

Buzzy Out!

T

The new one looks like its gonna pretty cool. Hadn't seen your last few until now. Man I love the "happy" marquesan and the short maori with the large tongue! Awesome man!

J

Wow! You got a lot done after I logged out last night! I hope you're still thinking about leaving the chisel marks! Lookin' good!

Early afternoon update:

Mid afternoon update:

Now:

Hopefully when it's stained the log fronds will mrerge into the carved part a little better

It has that transitioning from the log cliche I've just about run into the ground in my recent work.

I'm just not into doing teeth...

Solved one problem I'd been trying to work through with the body

Pretty much done with it now. There are a few areas that will be worked easier with the dremel that I'll touch up later.

JenTiki: I think I powered on until about 3am...yawn! I'm tired.

BigT: Thanks man. This is a presold tiki so I didn't get to put as much time into it as I would have liked, but how it works in the real world of tiki macronomics.

Now back to that big Lono I was working on...
Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2007-12-17 16:29 ]

S

Buzz he is looking great. He has some nice
classic lines in him teeth or no teeth.

B

BUZZZZZzzzzy!!!

Word up stud! Kiva chased any little children down lately?

Love your work Buzzy.

Today's sunset:

Here comes the storm!

This afternoon, I hollowed out the back to facilitate quicker log drying

A corrollary of doing this was that I was aboout half inch away from doing a cut through between the legs. So, since I was in the neighborhood anyway, I cut it out all the way through:

But now it looks like I need to do the same to the arms too.

Seeksurf: I may compromise and add some lines to do the teeth. Still debating it...

Babalu: Space Hippy's in the house! Welcome back bro! Kiva had a great day today: she got to go through the Weinerschnitzel drive thru with me and got a special treat from the weinerschnitzel guy. Then she took a nap...

Bali Dan: Thanks man! More stuff on the way...hopefully it will good stuff too.

Let it Rain!
Buzzy Out!

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Dec 18, 2007 6:22 PM

That's beautiful stuff Buzzy. If you can't get to the underarm area, it will still be killer. I love where you've been going. Thanks for all the updates. I look forward to them everyday.

B

On 2007-12-17 16:27, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
I'm just not into doing teeth...

That's a good idea. I think I'll start not doing teeth too. Maybe I can get Tikidav to do them for me. Hey, maybe he'll do yours as well and fix your screen door and porch light for Zaya. :)

Today's sunset:

On 2007-12-18 18:22, GMAN wrote:
Thanks for all the updates. I look forward to them everyday.

GMAN: Yo G! Here's the daily dose:

Last night, I spent a few minutes opening up the areas under the arms

Doing this really gave it the illusion of more depth.

After doing the cut outs, I had to remove some material from the back that was now visible from the front. It made the arms look as wide as the whole piece, as opposed to appearing to be as wide as they were on the actual body:

I needed to cut out more of the material under the armpits, so I used a keyhole cutting bit with my Dremel.

I also used it for the space between the feet and between the legs.

I did most of the sandding on it, and am leaving the tool marks slightly visible.

On 2007-12-18 21:35, Bowana wrote:
That's a good idea. I think I'll start not doing teeth too. Maybe I can get Tikidav to do them for me.

I'm not going to not do teeth until you start to not do your teeth first. Then I'll not do my teeth right before you do not finish not doing your teeth, and I'll take all the credit again, because I didn't do it first this time too. Furthermore, Bowana, TikiDav, it makes no difference to me, as long as one of you gets something done!

I put my time machine on my new flying carpet!
Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2007-12-19 23:37 ]

hi buzzy....love the cutout..it gives it a whole new dimension,,,,it would look fantastic with a red light behind it.....coooollllll

Today's sunset:

I think it's the solstice tomorrow. Then the sun starts moving north again. That means summer is on the way.

All the tiki stuff I did today was some boring log strippin' and cleaning.
Closetiki: How them logs of yours doing?

Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2007-12-20 22:19 ]

hi buzzy....my logs are lonely........i havent had a chance to work on them...to much work and not enough time....
but the good news........a nice shiney set of flexcuts under the tree for me...
so i know ill get to try them out soon.........happy holidays buzzy......

[ Edited by: closettiki 2007-12-20 23:08 ]

H
hewey posted on Fri, Dec 21, 2007 2:46 AM

Nice work Buzz! :D :D These last ones are nicely detailed, keep em coming.

How can it be "Today's Sunset" if it was posted yesterday?

C

This last Tiki is looking great! congrats!
Question...
Is that really you? :o !
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=21408&forum=7&start=240&252

B

Excellent Stuff Buzz. I LOVE it when you think you are done with a tiki and then you post pix of the same tiki with MORE work done. Keep it up and we'll ALL be wanting lessons From You!
Merry Christmas!

very nice buzz, in the one picture there at the top of the page it looks like he has a mohawk because of the bamboo shoots in the backround....that gives me an idea..

great carvings!

T

4 days with no new tiki..

no sir, this just won't do!

J

Hey Buzzy! Where ya been, man? No sunsets! No live web carving! Did you fall in a hole? :(

B

I'm with Jen, MISSING you, well I Mean I'm not WITH Jen physically but along with her missing those sunsets, tikis and general Tiki shenanigans that seem to follow you around where ever you are, I don't know where you are but I Do know where you Aren't---Here, WHY??? Back to work now. Hope all's OK with you. I Promise I will post more in your threads and watch your shows.
Where's the Buzz-Master?

B
Babalu posted on Tue, Jan 1, 2008 6:42 PM

BuZZZZ!!!

Tell me you caught that flaming red sunset tonight on film??

Dude, check out what my Pops gave me for Xmas...this cool brass ruler has center marked with a protractor on top...cool huh! I'll bring it to the Chop this weekend. I have no idea where he purchased it yet, and I can't seem to find it online, but this is really cool...you got's to get one of these boss.

PS..PM with your number...I lost my cell on 12/23...been kind of nice without it around really.

[ Edited by: Babalu 2008-01-01 18:50 ]

T

hey buzzy.
congrats for 2000 postings. Now go for the next 2000.

On 2008-01-01 18:42, Babalu wrote:
BuZZZZ!!!
Tell me you caught that flaming red sunset tonight on film??

As a matter of fact, I did catch that sunset last night:

I really like those sunsets that turn the whole bay colored

Here's the sunset from the winter solstice this year:

That is as far south as the sun will set. Is it too early to start the contest to see when the sun will no longer set on the water?

I've been resting up the last couple weeks, getting ready to kick ass for another year. I did manage a little work on the Lono guy in between naps, holidays, and the UFC.

It's still too heavy to drag around for pictures, so here is the progress I did on the face after I took those other pictures yesterday

Here is the first installment of what I got for xmas, tool wise:

On 2007-12-21 18:41, RevBambooBen wrote:
How can it be "Today's Sunset" if it was posted yesterday?

Time machine-Duh!

On 2007-12-23 10:13, Clarita wrote:
Question...
Is that really you? :o !

Yes that is me. Most people do not recognize me when I put on my Sunday's best. Good eye!

On 2007-12-24 13:26, Benzart wrote:
I LOVE it when you think you are done with a tiki and then you post pix of the same tiki with MORE work done.

Sometimes I want to be done but the damn tiki won't let me finish until HE thinks I'm done! Damn tikis!

Tornhalo and Jen: I'll try to end the tiki drought today. :)

On 2008-01-01 20:25, tok-tok wrote:
hey buzzy.
congrats for 2000 postings. Now go for the next 2000.

This post starts the next 2000 posts on this thread...

Happy New Year to All!

Lets see what kind of year this one will turn out to be.
Buzzy Out!

B

Welcome Back, with those new tools I can see you are Locked, Loaded, and ready for some Kick-ass carving. Can't wait..

Today's sunset:

A little progress on this guy:

I also got a few logs ready to make some more quickies:

On 2008-01-02 11:58, Benzart wrote:
Welcome Back, with those new tools I can see you are Locked, Loaded, and ready for some Kick-ass carving. Can't wait..

Benzart: I cracked them tools out today and whipped out this guy:

The loop? Not a napkin holder...

...but a full on Tiki Guy Bling Ring!

Custom fitted!

I just stained it and am waiting for it to dry:

I think my Bling Ring kicks ass!

Ringin' in the New Year...
Buzzy Out!

B
Bowana posted on Wed, Jan 2, 2008 9:58 PM

Oh good, there you are. I thought maybe the Tikicoppers had done away with you or something.

On 2007-12-19 22:16, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:

I'm not going to not do teeth until you start to not do your teeth first. Then I'll not do my teeth right before you do not finish not doing your teeth, and I'll take all the credit again, because I didn't do it first this time too. Furthermore, Bowana, TikiDav, it makes no difference to me, as long as one of you gets something done!

That makes perfect sense. As a matter of fact, it makes even more sense if you read it backwards.

Nice Bling Ring! Now to complete the set (ring, necklace) you need to make the Tiki grill for your teeth.

uhhh, is that big tiki going to be the first "mooning tiki"? :lol:

B
Babalu posted on Thu, Jan 3, 2008 6:20 AM

It looks like a rabbit to me.

T
teaKEY posted on Thu, Jan 3, 2008 6:29 AM

The bling ring. Now you need a four finger bling ring. And a door the opens only to the ring. And a full length movie about your ring. Tiki weddings. Your super powers are locked into the ring.

S

Nice Buzz, Just caught up on the thread, Thanks for the laugh.

T

On 2008-01-02 21:39, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:

...but a full on Tiki Guy Bling Ring!

Custom fitted!

Pardon my French, but that's fucking awesome!!!

Careful Buzzy...you could poke out an eye with that blang thang rang mang! :lol:

hey buzzy.....hows your dog.......hope alls well........

T

Oh this must be the ring: One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them...

Great work.

H

MY precious!

B

"
I think my Bling Ring kicks ass!"

I KNEW it was a FUll on Tiki Bling Ring as you were carving it and it Definitely kicks butt.
Can't wait to see what the new year brings Us from You Too! :lol: :lol:

Pre storm last week sunset:

Post storm this week sunset:

On 2008-01-02 21:58, Bowana wrote:
Nice Bling Ring! Now to complete the set (ring, necklace) you need to make the Tiki grill for your teeth.

I need to borrow some of that dental molding stuff you were talking about...

On 2008-01-03 05:57, 4WDtiki wrote:
uhhh, is that big tiki going to be the first "mooning tiki"? :lol:

Probably...now that I see "it."

On 2008-01-03 06:20, Babalu wrote:
It looks like a rabbit to me.

Tastes like chicken, though.
Babalu: Remember tiki #3, from early on in my career:

See, we both went in the same direction: made a couple intro tikis and then took it to the next level. Here's to Rabbitikis!!!!

On 2008-01-03 06:29, teaKEY wrote:
The bling ring. Now you need a four finger bling ring. And a door the opens only to the ring. And a full length movie about your ring. Tiki weddings. Your super powers are locked into the ring.

50cent crossed with the Green Lantern. Love it! I agree 100%. All those are stellar ideas. I'm on it!

On 2008-01-03 17:33, Tiki-Kate wrote:
Pardon my French, but that's f---ing awesome!!!

Fuck yeah it is! Oops, pardon my French!

On 2008-01-03 18:44, TravelingJones wrote:
Careful Buzzy...you could poke out an eye with that blang thang rang mang! :lol:

I'm going to go to a meathead bar, dump some drink on a meathead guy, then say "what did you do that for, asshole?" And then I will punch him in the eye with my ring. That is what i made my ring for: Now my knockout punch will leave my signature mark. Kind of like the icing on the cake. People will know my adversary got taken out by a Tiki Guy. That's like salt in the wound.

On 2008-01-03 20:34, closettiki wrote:
hey buzzy.....hows your dog.......hope alls well........

Happily, she's going to live. She just falls over a lot, runs into stuff, and walks in circles now. It was some kind of dog stroke, and the vet said if she isn't dead by now, she'll most likely pull through and make a full recovery. Other than appearing drunk, she's doing real well.

On 2008-01-05 13:11, tok-tok wrote:
Oh this must be the ring: One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them...

Great work.

Thanks tok tok! I should inscribe that saying into the band, shouldn't I? In the original script too.

On 2008-01-06 01:31, hiltiki wrote:
MY precious!

You're probably going to need one of these, along with the matching bling grill...

On 2008-01-06 07:31, Benzart wrote:

I KNEW it was a FUll on Tiki Bling Ring as you were carving it and it Definitely kicks butt.
Can't wait to see what the new year brings Us from You Too! :lol: :lol:

I do not know what this year will bring, but I do know that it will definitely kick some ass!

I'm going ass kicking right now.
Buzzy Out!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 4146 replies