Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

2 of my New Wacky Packages paintings for Series 9, 2012. p. 103

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 1,554 replies

T
Tabu posted on Sat, Jul 19, 2008 11:22 AM

I would buy that just for the cover. Awesome.

Thanks a bunch, Tabu! I appreciate your kind words!

P

with all the space age theme going on i totally expected this:

still great stuff as always sam.

ST

A) I would buy the album for the cover also
B) Thanks for turning me onto them. Very Agent Orange meets Beach Blanket Bingo. If only they had a standup bass!

S

Kinda what you'd figure Ole Blue Eyes to look like post passing.

B

SAM, It's Great to look through your Stuff again after so long , I miss so much because I can't get over here enough to see it all and Kick myself in the ass every time.
I'm Really Loving your Space Age Moai. I used to Hate doing them but somehow the Ancients started Making me do them and I started having fun with them. YOU Look like you are having Way more fun than I am havin WHAAAAA. But Honestly your Blue Moai is Outta Sight, Awesome.

There are Lots of Moai's around but yours and Robb Hamel's are the best of the bunch by a Loong ways. Good luck at the shows and it may be about time to trade you for one of your stuffs again I feel it coming on.?

Thanks so much pdrake, Surf tiki, sungod, and Benzart! I love those Beach Party films. I have the whole collection! Corny yet cool at the same time! Hey sungod- I have an aunt and uncle in New Port Richey.

Ben- I really appreciate the kind words! I don't get to the carving forum much now that the creating tiki forum was split in two either. I'd like to work on a trade of some kind soon. I'm still a wooden indian freak - that good old cigar indian genre. I've really been wanting something along those lines. Are you game to do anything relating to that? It doesn't have to be lifesized of course!

The Phantom Jets painting is FREAKY! I love it.

C

Oh yes, yes, love it!! :)

Thanks Robb and Clarita! Freaky is the key for me here.... Thanks for the very kind words!

outstanding! all your work is realy killer sam!

Smoooooooooth! All your work is sooo smooth. I love it. Glad I got to see it in person at Hukilau...where were ya?

Thanks so much tikithomas08 and surfintiki! I appreciate the comps. I would've liked to make Hukilau, but I WAS there in my thoughts! :) Gas prices and project deadlines both had a hand in keeping me from attending.

Thanks again!

B

SAM, SAM, Here I am coming around late as usual, Loving your new stuff. Your Moai are Always the best with the best character.
I would LOVE to do an Indian for you. In fact it has been on my mind for a few months now!

Thanks Ben- It's always nice to hear from a good friend!

personally, I'd like to see a Benzart SWAMI! :)
Whatchoo been cooking up lately,Sam?
Space Age Moai looked so Great at the Tiki Freakout
Best Dressed Tiki of the whole show...
best costume went to UltraTang...
Jonesing for some more enamel treasures!

Thanks so much Ken. It's always great to hear from you! I've been taking a break from the paintings, but have to kick out a couple soon for Brushes, Needles and Burnouts and a chopper show at Gasoline Gallery. Hey, a Benzart swami would rule! :) Great idea!

That is classic and hilarious, Sam! Awesome! I've been slow on the output for a while...was struggling as a realtor for the past couple of years but have gotten my head together and am back at work in the entertainment field and that has jazzed me up a bit! Of course, now I'm in the middle of moving because I rented out my house! Sigh....will it ever end? Haha! Anyhow, awesome as usual!

B

On 2008-08-26 08:32, little lost tiki wrote:
personally, I'd like to see a Benzart SWAMI! :)
Whatchoo been cooking up lately,Sam?
Space Age Moai looked so Great at the Tiki Freakout
Best Dressed Tiki of the whole show...
best costume went to UltraTang...
Jonesing for some more enamel treasures!

Do It! sounds like fun?

H
hewey posted on Fri, Aug 29, 2008 6:30 PM

Hey mate, I saw this and thought of you immediately, Im sure you'll get a kick out of this! :D

http://www.riskylunarlove.com/home

I

Poppin' back in after a long absence--always a treat to see your work, Sam!

The space age Moai is great--love the zombie-Sinatra, too!

Take care,

I.

Thanks, suburbanpagan! It's great to be doing something you love to do. Real estate does seem to be pretty tough now.

Hey Ben, a swami or an Indian.... Either would be cool with me!

Thanks for the pic hewey! I love stuff like that!

Thanks too ivanchan. It's great to hear from you after so long.

Now, I'm getting ready for this Gustav......

B

Sounds Cool a Sam Idian for a Benzwammi, We'll work out the details, Oh goodiegoodiegoodie

The Phantom Jets painting is great. It's probably one of my favorite pieces I've seen you do. I'm just a sucker for zombie creepyness.

Thanks Ben and Matt! I'm a sucker for swamis, zombies, freaks and apes!

I've been out of the loop here for a while. I hope everyone is doing well and having a fine year so far! Here's a new ZOMBO commission piece for any Munster freaks here.... It was fun to do. Thanks for looking!

http://www.samgambino.com

[ Edited by: Sam Gambino 2009-01-05 15:38 ]

C

This is funny.
Seriously, it was just a few days ago while cruising the threads on TC
that I wondered (to myself) whatever happened to Gambino. Nice to
hear from you again. Always cool stuff.

you nailed it on the ZOMBO!
those teeth,eyes,and hair are
like a photograph!
thanks for letting us all start the year with a SAMGAM painting!

Thanks congatiki and Ken! I've just been away from doing many weirdo paintings (my favorite kind) for the past few months - there have been some commissions and I've been working on editorial cartoon panels locally too. However, I'm getting the itch to work on some new paintings with the new year here..... Thanks again!

By the way, here are a couple of the later paintings: This one was for Keith at Kustom Kulture Gallery - a spoof of the old Kellar "magic" decapitation poster:

and the Obama-spoof Godzilla painting for Golen gallery's monster show:

Lastly, a CD cover for the Surf Zombies - I like this kind of painting:

Hey Sam!
that Godzilla one is great!
Total Gambino sly humor...
and the Surf Zombies cover is a hit!
Interstellar background
splendid yellow on that crisp font on top!
the swami looks like you with some more
facial hair and and 25 more years!
i think you've just discovered the "look"
for your Autumn years!
:)

Thanks Ken! Yes, I'm working on my look for my September years! I have the beard started, and will get going on that mustache soon! :wink: Thanks for the kind words.

SAM!

OMG! That is freakin awesome! Counter culture at it's funniest.
My new favorite!

T
Toshi posted on Thu, Jan 22, 2009 9:15 PM

That Godzilla is freaking to awesome, I want and need this on a shirt!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for the kind words, Brad and Toshi! It was part of the Monster Show at Golen. It was actually one of the easier, less time-consuming paintings I've done!

sam keep up the awesome work my friend

..and now i am the proud owner of this gem!!...thanks again sam!!

Thanks for the kind words Marcus and Dave!

Dave, I appreciate the purchase and glad that Relapse went to a good home! I was biting my nails hoping it would get there!

I just wanted to post my latest guitar pedal art for 2 great companies. Here's the art for the Pete Evick Delay pedal by ProTone Pedals. It's entitled "The Formation"...

and, here are the logos I finalized for the ultra cool guitar pedals by Coffin Case Co.

Thanks for looking!

[ Edited by: sam gambino 2009-03-01 21:24 ]

I didn't think pedals ever got great graphic treatment, but I was wrong. Very slick.

I agree massively with 'Shark: the "Change" graphic is too awesome.

Makes me wish i could play a guitar!
Very cool Sam!
and an opportunity to get your genius out there
even more!

Hey Sam,
when these are available to the public,
you should post them in the (for sale) area of,
http://www.surfguitar101.com

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Thanks so much for the kind words Robb, Ken and Jeff!

The Batula pedal is available, but on a limited basis from Coffin Case. The PE Delay is available, but I'm not sure if it's available with the artwork yet. The pedal has been out, but the artwork is a later addition.

Thanks for the link, Jeff! I'll post the delay pedal when I'm certain it's ready....

GT

Very Cool my friend, I have all way's admired your work, Thank You!

Thanks so much GoTiki! I also enjoy your work everyday. Your 3 monkeys and shriner are in my case directly next to my computer, so they are a regular part of my workspace.

Those pedals would make any guitarist's cool factor raise by 100%! I would really love to look down at those while playing. Great work.

Thanks so much Tiki Kaimuki! I'm waiting for one of the Delay pedals when they're ready too... I appreciate your kind words!

Here are some fast, fun paintings - my salutes to Roth and Wolverton. They are ink and enamel on paper at 14"x17". Thanks for looking....

[ Edited by: Sam Gambino 2009-03-11 07:01 ]

T

Hey Sam! Those Roth inspired pieces are great! LOVE the Godzilla Change piece, I'm a sucker for the big guy!

Thank you again for your contribution to the Kona show... one print sold already!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 1554 replies