Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Buzzy's work: Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 4,146 replies

Buzzy, I am SO going to rip off your ripped off ideas!!

Sunset from a couple days ago:

These days, they all look the same...

July Factory update:

The Factory got a little bit cleaner over the weekend:

I finally did the last section of my bamboo fence yesterday. Complete with Buddy Cat secret entry point:

I have to wait until Mops visits again to frame it out so I can make sure he can't squeeze out. He's a skinny runt and just might fit through there...

Now on to Tiki stuff:
I did some more staining on this guy:

Here he is with his buddies after I stained in the dark line details:

One more spar coat on each of these and then they're done:

Speaking of done, here's one more finally finished:

...and this guy was just sanded and stained

On 2008-06-30 06:50, Babalu wrote:
I'm going to have the Buzz Master fix up my "knock off" carving hat...

See, these are "custom knockoffs," that means they are like Cammo's hats now, and I cannot sell it to you. Yo0u have to come find me at Oasis, and if it fits comfortably, then you can buy it. If you just want a hat to wear right now, well I have an idea:

On 2008-07-01 13:55, Billy the Crud wrote:
Buzzy, I am SO going to rip off your ripped off ideas!!

Problem solved!

Cammo wrote:
But if you funny boys are gettin' all huffy about it and starting a hat knockoff shop based in Tijuana, hey, who's complainin', I'll probably be working fer YOU in two months.

Actually, Babalu was looking to go to the far east for this one. We'd love to have you aboard once it gets going. We think it may work well to do it this way:
You design a top notch primo hat like the Night in New Guinea, and hand it off to me. I'll find a way to cut the materials costs down from about $90+ to about $6, and cut the production time down from two days to about an hour, and then I'll make a prototype of it. After that, I'll pass the cheaper version to Babalu, who will have them made in China for $1.25. When they come back, it will be your job to make the fancy tags and cool names for our finished products. It's a big goldmine just waiting to be dug up...

On 2008-06-29 17:05, GMAN wrote:
Nice lid Buzzy. That's all you man.

Read my lips: By next year, I predict all the East Coast carvers will be wearing one too.
And, you can quote me on that, because it's a FACT!

I feel like making some chips and sawdust today...

and after lunch, I think I'll carve some.

Oh,I crack myself up!
Buzzy out!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jul 2, 2008 12:14 PM

BUZZY!!! GROG wanted to post GROG 2000th post on your thread, but GROG accidently post it on one of Humuhumu's threads. So, hopefully GROG can post #3000 on your thread if GROG live that long.

H

Buzzy, it's good to see you back full force. I love the new look of the Factory, wow!!! and your carvings are looking great, I like the variety and the different colors. Keep us posted.

TD

Factory looks great! running non stop i see!
i like BuddyCat's secret entrance door

C
Cammo posted on Wed, Jul 2, 2008 10:43 PM

*I'll find a way to cut the materials costs down from about $90+ to about $6... After that, I'll pass the cheaper version to Babalu, who will have them made in China for $1.25 ... it will be your job to make the fancy tags and cool names for our finished products. It's a big goldmine just waiting to be dug up... *

I'm in!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Jul 6, 2008 11:00 AM

How's your mom, Ruth?

B

Buzzy I WANT a HAT, NOW!
"
Read my lips: By next year, I predict all the East Coast carvers will be wearing one too.
And, you can quote me on that, because it's a FACT!

I feel like making some chips and sawdust today...

and after lunch, I think I'll carve some.

Oh,I crack myself up!
Buzzy out!"
I'll be the first "East coast carver" to wear one. :lol:

A sunset:

Tiki stuff:

A few more tikis are all finished now

Done

Done

Done

Done

Still drying, will probably be done tomorrow

I made my own sign over the weekend:

It will sit on top of two vertical bamboo poles(not pictured), and go in front of a hut. Someday I hope to expand to something like this:

Couple details:
I'll lure the freespending parrotheads in with the bird on the perch

Here's the Tiki Guy lure on the other side

I came home over the weekend and felt something was amiss. things just were not right.
I searched high and low, and found a sign on one of my tikis:

It was signed

and marked

Crap! I missed a visit by Babalu!

However, as sad as I was to have missed Babalu, I had my hands full with that dirty Mops fellow:

That boy just ain't right!

On 2008-07-06 11:59, Benzart wrote:
Buzzy I WANT a HAT, NOW!
I'll be the first "East coast carver" to wear one. :lol:

I can make that happen. I'll have to talk to my hat supplier when the swap meet opens this weekend and then go from there. I have a special innovation in mind for my next foray into the tiki carvers hat that I make. That would be cool if you wore one of my hats while you carved. Then other carvers who want to carve like you but cannot, can at least look like you when they carve. All the pieces of the puzzle are now falling into place...

On 2008-07-06 11:00, GROG wrote:
How's your mom, Ruth?

Is this something I need to look up on Google or Wikipedia to understand?

On 2008-07-02 22:43, Cammo wrote:

I'm in!

Great! I need you to make a few Benzart east Coast Carver hats, Pronto! Tell me when you're done so I can sign and number them and collect the checks. I feel like Al Merrick!

On 2008-07-02 20:41, Tiki Duddy wrote:
Factory looks great! running non stop i see!
i like BuddyCat's secret entrance door

Thanks Duddy! Buddy cat appreciates the convenience of his new door a great deal. Good neighbors make great fences, so I guess I'm a great neighbor now, and I have a great fence. Who was to know that old saying was the truth!

On 2008-07-02 20:26, hiltiki wrote:
Buzzy, it's good to see you back full force. I love the new look of the Factory, wow!!! and your carvings are looking great, I like the variety and the different colors. Keep us posted.

Oh the colors!!!! Are you a Space Hippie like Babalu? I'm looking for some old pictures of the factory under construction in 1951 that I'll post soon...

On 2008-07-02 12:14, GROG wrote:
BUZZY!!! GROG wanted to post GROG 2000th post on your thread, but GROG accidently post it on one of Humuhumu's threads. So, hopefully GROG can post #3000 on your thread if GROG live that long.

Hang out and you can be view number 200,000 on my thread instead. That's almost as cool...

Midweek heat wave coming. Time to go nocturnal.
Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2008-07-07 21:06 ]

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jul 7, 2008 11:25 PM

How's your mom, Ruth?

Is this something I need to look up on Google or Wikipedia to understand?

http://www.webpan.com/thelaughin/melvin.htm

Z
Zaya posted on Tue, Jul 8, 2008 9:51 PM

On 2008-06-29 14:47, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
I've been getting a lot done, but I cannot take all the credit for it. Since Ringo has been visiting this weekend, I ve been having him do the sealing of my tikis for me after I sand and stain them.
Here he is on the job:

He does a pretty good job, but...

I worked him so hard, he got a repetitive motion work related injury. Now I have to start a damn worker's comp case on him. I hate paperwork and now my premiums will go up! One step forward, two steps back...

Well you'll be happy to know that while Ringo was out on worker's comp he made the most of his time and decided to go back to school. After weeks of hard work and dedication......

He graduated!

He even got a diploma.

He told me he's updating his resume, and to let you know that he'll require a pay raise when he returns to work in the Tiki Factory. :lol:

Zaya

T

What's all this about? Hats? Still no brass kunckle tiki coffee shotglass on a string mug?

Am I going to have to do this all on my own?

Great looking carvings btw! Love em!!

I had my "Grand Opening" today:

The sign should have been higher, but we forgot a very important installation tool. OOPS!
A little string got it on the hut, at least

Can't beat the location.

Turns out the low sign was a blessing in disguise, because it provided shade for my carving area:

Here is a staged photo of myself in the carving area, wearing my official Tiki Carver Guy outfit and hat:

I played the role of Tiki Missionary and Ambassador today. I met people from all over the world, including Australia, Germany, and Los Angeles. More importantly, I endlessly preached the the gospel of tiki to all of them. My influence in a few short hours today will eventually reach 4 different continents. I will now claim to have a wider influence on the tiki revival than Sven. I'll recognize him for his efforts, but he is basically preaching to the converted with his tomes. I, however,am performing a Tiki Reconquista of the savages and the ignorant. On another note, here's a picture of my work area while I took a little break:

I got this much done in a couple hours of carving and socializing:

On 2008-07-09 19:06, Tornhalo wrote:
What's all this about? Hats? Still no brass kunckle tiki coffee shotglass on a string mug?Am I going to have to do this all on my own?

Tornhalo's back! You must have one or more of the following:

ESP,
A Time Machine,
or
Secret Insider Information.

Which one is it?

It was a busy week down at the store. Glad I have tomorrow off.
Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2008-07-10 23:32 ]

WhooHoo!!
That's Awsome Buzz!
nice little hut set up!

I got this much done in a couple hours of carving and socializing:

Nice! That's more than the past three chops combined!

:P

C
Cammo posted on Sat, Jul 12, 2008 5:06 PM

Hey Buzzy -

Here's the guy I was telling you about.

I know this Dave Paltrone because he used to do sing Sinatra Nights downtown at Martini Ranch, here in San Diego.

So - Dave gets it in his head last year to hike the entire Arirondack Trail, bottom to top, (called "through-hiking") and get donations for the miles he makes. Donations go to a big brother charity. Yay. But he decides to hike it 21st century he-man blues singer style, meaning that he takes with him;

a guitar
two pals for company
a laptop
a celphone to uplink photos and blog entries
one of those GPS dial-up devices to plot location
state of the art clothing, boots, etc
dried NASA food
you name it, he's packing it

So - I knew it was all over when I heard about his pack list. The Adirondack is a massive trail, almost nobody has EVER hiked it all in one summer, those who try have to start in early April, or end in October and risk hiking in fresh wet snow.

And you don't bring a guitar.

So I knew he was in for trouble, and have been searching around for his blog entries, and finally found them. Turns out his buddies left him a few weeks ago, his dad was going to hike for a while with him but bailed, Paltrone's feet are swelling up every day (20 miles hikes EVERY DAY will do that) and he seems to be going ever so slowly crazy. He's hiking in his underpants now, sleeps naked, has prickly heat rash, and has been using up all his money by eating in cheesy diners the whole way. NASA food is even more expensive.

So I don't want to hear any griping about not getting the right sort of Barbados Rum this summer, cause here's a guy with REAL problems -

http://brotherproof.blogspot.com/

[ Edited by: Cammo 2008-07-12 17:23 ]

I got a little bit more work done on this one over the weekend:

In other tiki news:

Under the guidance of master claysmith Babalu, I have begun work on a slab style drinking vessel:

I have some more junk to put on it still to fancy it up a bit.

Speaking of fancy:
A sneak preview from the House of Babalu, and one of Babalu's current projects

Do you see that Tornhalo?

More previews of this most amazing piece to come!!

On 2008-07-11 05:18, 4WDtiki wrote:
Nice! That's more than the past three chops combined!

Chops! Crap, my bad. I misread the events thread. I thought it said CHOMPS! I was under the impression that it was just like some sort of Tiki soup kitchen with free food and stuff. I guess I'll start bringing some tools or something from now on.

On 2008-07-10 23:49, Tiki Duddy wrote:
WhooHoo!!
nice little hut set up!

That sounds familar...I actually think I'm going to ditch the hut next time and go for a bamboo fence back drop. we'll see how it goes this week...

On 2008-07-12 17:06, Cammo wrote:
Hey Buzzy -Here's the guy I was telling you about.
I know this Dave Paltrone ...

Thanks for the info Cammo. To return the favor, I thought I'd go look for something you might like on the internet. I remembered that you, or someone in your family liked Hello Kitty stuff, so I looked for something neat about Hello Kitty. This was what I could find for you:

I hope you like it.

I finally fixed my picture downloading problem!
Buzzy Out!

Today's sunset:

This guy is pretty much carved now:

I just have to do a little work on the shoulder/neck/base area

How's your mom, Ruth?

I FINALLY understand...

Delayed reaction.
Buzzy Out!

B

Buzzy, That's one fine mug your building there!...I mean drinking vessel that is.

If anybody makes fun of all the crystal bling that I'm going to be putting on this Mong for you, I'm making it so that you can take them out with it as well.

Peace, Love, and I'll your ass if you make fun of my mong!

Today's sunset:

It was a lovely day today and I took advantage of every second of it. Started another :roll: Maoi to replace the one I just got rid of. Here it is as the sun goes away:

Seems I'm lonely without a Moai around

Luckily, I had most of this one done by sundown, so no more lonely nights!

I tried using my new draw knife to defrond some logs today. Usually I would use a razor knife for the first step, and then follow it with the planer. The draw knife did the razor's job and half of the planer's job way quicker. To do it, I teeter the log on some railroad ties and just keep rolling and pulling. I did the first two logs in record time, so I timed myself on my third and final log.
Start:

seven minutes later:

After a total of 14 minutes, including a two minute break to rest my lats, deltoids, and triceps, a five foot log was done:

I'm so ripped right now, and no, I am not on steroids.

I finally hauled off and got rid of all the crap logs in my front yard today! Now only five more in the back...

I do have fond memories of the worst logs EVER!

Tiki Carving: Not all it's cracked up to be!

Babalu: Bring on the BLING!

I should make a draw knife workout program and put those stupid Russsian kettleball guys out of business.
Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2008-07-15 20:54 ]

That's why YOU were Mr. Carving Village 2007.

I like the knuckle-mug and the ass best.

re: the worst log ever. Cut it up and sell it as loofa sponges! :lol:

I still had a couple hours of work left in me after the sun set last night, so I did a quick decorative project while I was fixing up some bamboo.
I took some of that tapa material I got at the swap meet a few weeks ago and cut out one of the designs.

Then I took some stock and made a quick frame for it.
Next step was to stretch it like a painting canvas.

That gave me this to work with:

then it was a matter of taking some of the bamboo I had just upgraded and making a frame with it. The finished project:

It measures 31" x 20".

On 2008-07-16 06:10, 4WDtiki wrote:
re: the worst log ever. Cut it up and sell it as loofa sponges! :lol:

And you'd think that with all that matter missing from the log it wouldn't be very heavy...I pretty much had to cut it into sponge sized pieces to get rid of it. Lifting those chunks into the dumpster gave my deltoids and my triceps a great workout. I can see the results of my tiki carver workout already.

On 2008-07-16 00:20, Billy the Crud wrote:
I like the knuckle-mug and the ass best.

Sounds like you enjoy the finer things in life...

On 2008-07-15 21:15, CheekyGirl wrote:
That's why YOU were Mr. Carving Village 2007.

It's the daily burden I bear; good thing I have well developed and muscular back to carry all the weight of my swollen head.

Today I'm going to work on the lower half of my body.

Then I'm going to work out.
Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2008-07-16 11:26 ]

hey buzzy how much would you charge for a custom size bamboo frame? ive got 2 paintings that need frames, and i havent found bamboo ones that are the right size

Yesterday's sunset:

In the race against the sunset, I pretty much won and finished the Moai in time

Here he is:

I have a couple details left, but I think I'll do them when I go carve at the hotel later today. That way, the tourists can see a near completed tiki being worked on. Otherwise, I'd have to bring and carve a fresh log and the first couple hours of that are kind of boring to watch. I'll finish the Ku head face log there too.

On 2008-07-16 21:27, tikithomas08 wrote:
hey buzzy how much would you charge for a custom size bamboo frame? ive got 2 paintings that need frames, and i havent found bamboo ones that are the right size

I think I'll be seeing you this weekend, so we'll talk about it then. Later!

I hope it gets foggy down there this afternoon.
Buzzy Out!

Today's sunset:

I had a real fun day down at the hotel this afternoon. I took my camera but I forgot to put the memory card in. Damn! It was a great day for pictures too! I didn't bring the hut set up this time, but I made a bamboo nautical backdrop instead. It looked better and was way easier to set up. Pretty much everyone I talked to today was from Arizona. I sold that unfinished Moai I was working on the last couple of days to a family from Tuscon. I actually finished carving the last couple details on it while the lady was going out to the van to get her checkbook. After securing the transaction, I grabbed a bellhop cart and they carted it back to their hotel room for the night. It was quite a sight. Too bad I couldn't use my camera. Hopefully next week...

First thing I'm going to do tomorrow is start another Moai. Maybe I should do two...
Buzzy Out!

A few days of sunsets:

Tiki Stuff:
Before carving another damn Moai, I warmed up by stripping a few more logs. Here's how my yard looks after that process:

My "To do" list: #1 Carve those logs into tikis

After stripping the new logs I had just brought home, I still had plenty of time left in the day to carve. true to my word, I started another Easter Island guy:

This is where I got him to before I quit for the day yesterday:

He's another frowny guy.

Tomorrow "To do" list = more of the same:
#1 Strip two more big old fat logs that I brought home today
#2 carve on the Moai until I'm done with it and then carve another one
#3 Watch TV

I think I'll wash the dishes tonight.
Buzzy Out!

HOK

Wow Buzzy, looks like the San Diego Tiki Factory is in full swing. Tiki Oasis or something must be coming up :)
I got to meet up with my family who was camping near the Polynesian Cultural Center and got some picts for the Tiki Files...

Passed these going in that direction also...

I understand this came from here too...

Don't you just hate Tikis with spindley legs and oversized cod pieces!!

:lol:

Aloha, Freddie

Today's Sunset:

I finished the base on this guy, but after looking at it, I think I'll hack the base off, hollow the back out, and make it a wall hanging mask.

I finished carving this guy to start out my day:

Then I started another one straight away:

This guy wanted to be happy and have a shorter face than the other one.

I got pretty close to finishing it before sunset:

I just have the ears to do now

That'll be a great way to start the day tomorrow!

Here they are together:

HOKU: Hola Freddie! thanks for them pictures. I'm liking that pair of entry tikis that look like super sized Coco joes lavas. I hope those "fall" off the wall someday too. Damn termites! That tiki with the codpiece is very disturbing. I hope they never make a mug based on that one.

Hopefully the sun will come up tomorrow so that I can have another day to make tikis.
Buzzy Out!

When I awoke this morning, I wasn't super fired up on doing the ears on moai #lost count so I grabbed another hunk o' log and drew up another tiki related design:

I then set about to physically realize my vision for the piece:

Buddy cat just renewed his contract for another season on the House of Buzz. Part of his new labor agreement stipulates that he is to get as much photo coverage as Kiva now, and at least 50% of Ringo's coverage. Since Kiva made her way into the first photo on this post, here is Buddy Cat's contractually required photo:

I'm just about to move to China to avoid all these damn labor mandates!

Buzzy Out!

S

You are still a carving machine!

Love the cat with the attitude.

Two chops in one day, Buzz? You're a trooper, man! Jilly LOVES that little Moai and says thank-you. It's nestled firmly......well, you saw! Thank you for cruisin' down and joining in the days festivities. SurfsideIV was a scream!

Yesterday's sunset:

I got this far on the new one yesterday:

On 2008-07-23 10:47, Billy the Crud wrote:
Two chops in one day, Buzz? You're a trooper, man! Jilly LOVES that little Moai and says thank-you. It's nestled firmly......well, you saw! Thank you for cruisin' down and joining in the days festivities. SurfsideIV was a scream!

Right on Billy! Thanks for making it happen. It was good to go back to the hood for a little while. Reminded me of the good ole days...My favorite part was when the black dude with the gold teeth wandered up and hired the Maddog drunk dude on the bike to carve a statue of his son for him. Apparently Maddog's the man and he's got some tools. That was a real City Heights moment. That bar is like looking glass back into time: when the cavalry was holed up under constant strain in some fort with the savages constantly outside at the gates...

Nuke City Heights!
Buzzy Out!

Rock on, Buzz Crew!

Sunset:

I made a lot of progress this afternoon:

I'll do the little guy's face when I carve for the tourists tomorrow.

I still need to round out the butt a little more.

Here he is with his little bro:

My Custom Cannibal Line now comes in two sizes!

On 2008-07-23 19:06, Tiki Duddy wrote:
Rock on, Buzz Crew!

Duddy: Gave me a thought...
I'm going to call this big one "Rocky", just because I Rock so Hard!

I put the Ohhhhs in rOck On!
Buzzy Out!

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jul 23, 2008 8:40 PM

I havent posted here for ages mate, but I check your thread regularly for the sunset pics :D

I dont think we hear enough from Zaya though - hows she doing with the wood burning thang?

This Thursday was once again "carve for the tourists" day at the traveling House of Buzz.
Here's my new quick and easy road set up:

I carved on the ground today:

This was my view while I carved. Same bay I look at from home, just a little different vantage point:

They have a wine tasting, other vendors, and music as the early part of festivities:

Then it kicks up a notch when the old time paddle boat drops off more people from a hotel on the other side of the bay. They start to then have a mini Polynesian show.
It starts out with some drummming...

...and some shell blowing and fire twirling.

I bet that fire guy that has to be there is getting paid overtime...

Then some dancers come out and they all do a little show together:

Picture of one of the drums:

Today, I sold some pendants to two groups from Arizona. One group from Phoenix and one family from Tuscon. The fine folks from AZ are treating me well at these venues lately. I also talked to another two other groups from Arizona and a family from Texas, as well as a bunch of locals and others. When the Texas guy came upon me, he said, "Oh good, finally some man stuff going on here. I was going crazy!" Then he watched me for a bit while the women he was with shopped for lotions and jewelry. I spent a lot of time today just chatting away with people so I didn't get a whole lot done on the carving. But, I managed to do most of the small guys face while I was there:

That blurry part on the bottom of the photo can only mean one thing...

Ringo's here to visit for a while:

Kiva passed out a while ago so me and Ringo are late nightin' it.

On 2008-07-23 20:40, hewey wrote:
I havent posted here for ages mate, but I check your thread regularly for the sunset pics :D I dont think we hear enough from Zaya though - hows she doing with the wood burning thang?

Hey Hewey! Welcome back,...Sorry no sunset this post. I was in transit while it happened this evening. Hope there was enough other stuff to make the visit here worthwhile though. As for zaya, I have a couple of her pieces that I'm coating right now for her. As soon as I'm done, she'll probably post them on her thread.
Right now, she happens to be on another vacation, and I'm stuck with her mutt again. Oh I mean her Cockapoodleador...

Goodnight Tuscon!
Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2008-07-25 01:20 ]

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jul 25, 2008 8:38 AM

Tasty Tiki you got there Buzz-E.

H

Buzzy how come you don't have a sign up for your shop that says "Traveling House of Buzz". I really like your job location, lucky guy.

i wanna see pics of a close up of that kona kai lookin tiki you got on the lawn in front of your display....the little guy down there on the right....i like it.

B

BuZZZZ -

Good seeing you and Zaya last night...That sure is one friendly poohie you gots there. Your doggie knows no foreplay...well, he might have smiled at me first - not quite sure?

Today's sunset:

I started another one today. It all began with this log, and a complex series of measurements and pencil marks:

I didn't do much overall carving, but here's where I got it before sunset:

On 2008-07-25 08:38, GROG wrote:
Tasty Tiki you got there Buzz-E.

Finger lickin' good...

On 2008-07-25 08:53, hiltiki wrote:
Buzzy how come you don't have a sign up for your shop that says "Traveling House of Buzz".

Well, I did have that Trader Buzzy's sign, but I like to travel light these days. I'll soon make some sort of small sign that says something. It will be real cool too.

On 2008-07-25 10:09, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
i wanna see pics of a close up of that kona kai lookin tiki you got on the lawn in front of your display....the little guy down there on the right....i like it.

Good eye! here's the Kona Kai salt shaker inspired tiki close up:

On 2008-07-25 11:37, Babalu wrote:
BuZZZZ -Good seeing you and Zaya last night...That sure is one friendly poohie you gots there. Your doggie knows no foreplay...well, he might have smiled at me first - not quite sure?

Ringo's been moping around the house ever since you left

He really misses you- his new buddy!

I think I may do some indoor carving tonight. Of course, that means I need to clean up my living room a little bit first.

Wow! My living room is now too dirty to carve in.
Buzzy Out!

Buzz, bruddah... those cannibals are looking sweet.

I really like the little guy, he's got a lot of character.

Nice little vending spot you've got there, a view and free entertainment!

Another KUwl lookin' Tiki there Buzzy!
Cannibal in action from a Mai Kai shirt I found at the Swapmeet a couple months ago...

Freddie

Yesterday's sunset:

Here are some progress shots from yesterday:

After what seemed like 12 straight hours of MMA on tv last night, I brought the tiki inside and did a little more work on it. Here it is at it appears now:

He only has one arm so far:

On 2008-07-25 22:28, Lake Surfer wrote:
Buzz, bruddah... those cannibals are looking sweet.
Nice little vending spot you've got there, a view and free entertainment!

Thanks Lake! Drop by anytime. :wink: If you're in the neighborhood, thatb is. It seems the kids are drawn to the cannibals for some reason. Had some little girl wander up while I was working on it, check it out, and then call her family down from the room to check it out. I almost passed out from glee when she said on the phone, "Hey Mom, you have to get down here,... NOW!(pause)... because there's a TIKI-GUY down here it's totally cool!" That was the first time I was ever called a "Tiki Guy" in public by a citizen. They asked me to start coming down on Fridays from now on as an opening act for the big luau, so maybe the pot will be sweetened with some free grub. I'll have to see what I can get out of that.

On 2008-07-25 22:36, HOUSE OF KU wrote:
Another KUwl lookin' Tiki there Buzzy!
Cannibal in action from a Mai Kai shirt I found at the Swapmeet a couple months ago...
Freddie

ThanKU Freddie! I'll have to do the face crotch tiki version next...

Time to go carve for a little bit.
Buzzy Out!

Love the new one Buzzy!

No sun today, but a color stripe appeared on the horizon right before it got dark:

On 2008-07-27 14:31, Tiki Duddy wrote:
Love the new one Buzzy!

Yo Duddy, I can feel the love in the air! Here's some more work that I did on him this afternoon:

This turned out to be a nice piece of wood to work with.

Couple hour break and then I'll get back to it again...
But first, Weinerschnitzel!
Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2008-07-27 20:49 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 4146 replies