Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

surf soul tiki

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 2,206 replies

P

well, PROJECT ROADSIDE needs a stunner, so I started this angry pineapple this afternoon....

would like to finish him tonight or tomorrow...

Great start as usual brother

P

ok, this one is done...and I have named him ASSHOLE...because he is annoying as hell and does everything he can to piss me off...

several times today I thought about just sawing him into pieces with the chainsaw and dancing around over his severed body parts and saying things like "yeah bitch!!! WHO'S LAUGHING NOW??"

but I somehow restrained myself...and instead of becoming violent, I just created funny memes about him instead....

enjoy...

Look'n good Jeff, your a god damm'd tiki machine! Hope your hav'n some luck with ya roadside sales.

P

thanks bro...

here's what I made this afternoon...

wow,
100 page mile stone.
congrats

M

Goodness.....you get so bitchy when you carve these days. Maybe if it was warmer....

Congratz on "100" pages of "El Jeffe"

Mahalo

McTiki

P

wow, yeah...100 pages...

thanks guys....I didn't even notice. lol...

so yeah, I guess I should commemorate this momentous event and go make something....

it's like 1:00 in the afternoon and I just got out of bed...I guess I'd better go splash some water in my face & get things going here since half the day is gone already...

P

ok...finished this (but he might need another coat or 2 of stain)...

and started this...(a little something for the ladies)

[ Edited by: pjc5150 2013-02-17 14:18 ]

P

better....

On 2013-02-13 17:21, pjc5150 wrote:

several times today I thought about just sawing him into pieces with the chainsaw and dancing around over his severed body parts and saying things like "yeah bitch!!! WHO'S LAUGHING NOW??"

haha, been there mate!

Sometimes these bastards need to remember that we grind them down, not the other way round...;]

P

ok, so the girlie-man tiki is almnost done...

and then I tried to cut my leg off....

R

Holy crap!!! How did you do that to your leg? Was it the chainsaw? I hope it looks worse than it actually is.

Ouch
Great timing on that pic
Today I got an angle grinder and a die grinder
Get well soon...

Jon

M

Get so me stitches mofo! That looks sooooo gnar. Sturi strips and hyd peroxide as plan B!

C
cy posted on Mon, Feb 18, 2013 7:37 PM

A beautiful self inflicted below the knee tat Jeff, I'm proud of you brah. I know Will carve will say "carve deeper" but that looks sufficient to me. Enjoy your new power tools H10.
P.S. Thats what happens when you carve pink tiki.

100 pages & you think you can carve anything.
A reminder to all of us.
This stuff happens quick.

A

OUCH!! Most of us have one of those either past or in the future. Hope you're not out of commision for long.

P

hell no...

no rest for the wicked.

I'm gonna dress it up here in a minute & get back to work.

it hurt like shit last night...made it hard to sleep.

you might want to get a doctor to look at that mate? look after yourself...

P

I have a policy....

if I can stop the bleeding myself, I don't go to the emergency room.

that shit is expensive!!! lol...

That looks pretty gnarly Jeff ,make sure ya look after it , dont want any nasty infections !
Maybe lay off the rum .LOL

P

well ok, after a couple of days riding the couch, I'm back at it.

My leg hurt like hell for the last 2 days so I haven't been able to get much done.

but today it hurts less & the show must go on! but yeah, if you walked up and kicked me in the leg I'd cry like a little girl....

Sorry about your leg - heal quickly. Go surfing that always helps my cuts. The progression of safety moves on. You got boots - chaps are next, then goggles and a mask!

Yeah bro gets ya self some chaps and a thong , might tap into a whole new market !

M

Iron Maori Cod piece!

Mahalo!

Surfing or any exposure to seawater is a plus! Grab your BZ and paddle gloves and get scootin!

McTiki

P

I actually started wearing safety glasses religiously after the cedar chip stuck in my eyelid when I blinked!!!

P

ok, leg is much better, and the commissions are starting to stack up, so I gotta get on it....

P

scored some killer driftwood for the plant sale in a few weeks...

P

this is what happens when you spend too much time in FT LAUDERDALE!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I've been told that the boys at Starbucks have been looking for you...

P

dude I about fell out when I read that...

well played sir...

I think I resemble that remark.
Ya'll come back now, ya hear.

P

hehe....just givin' you guys some shit...

so yeah, here's a guy I started last night...

He's gonna be holding a paddle...

P

a little something different, and I'm super happy with it...

it's my new wave headdress...kanaloa inspired...

I'm likin' it...

P

so yeah, here's what's on the bench today...

a commissioned Marq that's going to be a table centerpiece for a polynesian themed wedding...

P

ok, hes gettin closer...

did a little driftwood hunting today & was thrown off of driftwood island by the cops....look like I have to find a new spot....but I did get this nice select piece before we left...

R

Bro...Loving the new tikis. The Marq is looking awesome. Can't wait to see the paddle tiki and the new Kanaloa inspired tikis finished. How's the leg doing???? Healing nicely I hope.

Great cuts

Jon

P

thanks guys...

actually the wave tiki & paddle tiki are the same...

gotta finish up this marq today...

P

done!

and on to the next...

C
cy posted on Thu, Mar 7, 2013 8:10 AM

I know you are playing hurt pjc, way to come back strong!

P

yeah, my leg is much better.... every once in awhile I'll bump in on something and it'll hurt like shit for a few minutes, but other than that it's ok...

anyhoo, here's a lovely piece of red aromatic cedar I sanded up & finished for a friend yesterday....we're gonna make a little table out of it....

Wow
Looks like a river of lava
None of that purdy wood here in Vegas
:)

Jon

P

well, it has been a crazy week.

looks like I may be expanding my horizons a bit. Unless the budget isn't approved or some other weird shit happens, I will be travelling to Mississippi at the end of the month to build my first tiki hut. And possibly providing tikis for future customers, as well as overseeing builds here in Florida, etc. I am very excited about this new development.

Basically I'll be working with Frankie (tikirancher on here). We met up this week and threw some ideas around, and kinda tentatively agreed on some things. Nothing signed yet, but we got along well & think along the same lines, so I think it'll probably work out.

But here's one of his huts, which speak for themselves...

I'm obviously honored to have been asked to be a part of this whole thing...

P

ok, well the cypress kanaloa is getting closer...

the family resemblance is now unmistakable...he's looking more and more like his big brother every day...

P

well, Wernsey's Marq shipped out to Texas today....

and the SUP "wave head" tiki is almost done...just imagine the piece of driftwood he's holding is an SUP paddle...

and the wedding twins are getting close too...

N

What a beautiful piece of wood...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 2206 replies