Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

surf soul tiki

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 2,206 replies

T

SWEET

gonna be lots of detail on that one!

Lookin good man!

P

yeah thanks Pat...you comin' out for the sunset tiki party the first weekend in June?

and here's the mahi tiki I'm doing for the inside of Mar Vista...my buddy Cheeta is gonna paint the mahi mahi for me....

URL=http://s44.photobucket.com/user/pjc5150/media/mahitiki2_zpse0a12bd4.jpeg.html][/URL]

P

stuff I need to get done for the hukilau...

URL=http://s44.photobucket.com/user/pjc5150/media/biglogs_zpsf3f76f7a.jpeg.html][/URL]

gawd...May is gonna be hectic...lol...

[ Edited by: pjc5150 2013-04-26 14:43 ]

C
cy posted on Fri, Apr 26, 2013 3:44 PM

A whole lotta good work goin' on Jeff.

P

yeah bro....I'm doin' this...

ok,..the "tattoo'ed fisherman", mar vista restaurant, long boat key FL....

P

the "mar vista moai"....

complete with shades, shakas, and a carved logo....

P

he smells like cow shit.

P

ok, so this one is off to my buddy's house so he can paint the mahi....

M
McTiki posted on Mon, May 6, 2013 6:03 PM

That is killer!

Well done1

McTiki

Very original and fun. Wendy

A tiki that will definitely make a lot of people smile. Great design.

P

thanks guys....

what I started today.... he'll be delivered tomorrow. everyone wants the ku....lol...

P

go deeper!

WC

The only way I know to get to the other side.
You know,
wood go's all the way thru.

wow, been away for awhile, it took me a bit to catch up with all the cool Tikis you've been making...

This guy is my favourite-

I liked the espresso stain guys too, cool stuff!

found a guy that copies Mai Tiki exact. its called the tiki shack i think he is in merritt island.

I knew you would dig this. LOL

P

wow....yeah...

dead on for sure.

hey it was cool meeting you a few weeks ago bro...come by any time....

P

started this guy about 30 minutes ago.

my buddy's birthday is today, and this is a dude that has been pretty good to me. so I gotta bust this thing out so it's ready for his surprise party tonight.

gonna go meet mom for lunch and then I'm back on it....

P

well, I had hoped to finish this one for my buddy's birthday party, but it's 11:30, he still needs to be stained, and I'm beat, so it looks like I ain't gonna make it...

oh well, at least he's cut. but in this picture it appears that he has angered the big kanaloa....and that's a very bad thing....

P

ok, stained & done...

on to the next one...

G
GROG posted on Sat, May 11, 2013 11:08 AM

Damn that was quick! Good job.
Not afraid to carve deep--that's great.

P

Hey thanks Grog... and yeah I tried to go fairly deep on this guy. I wanted him to be "good"...

Essentially the dude I made it for is a good friend who lives a little over an hour away and has put me up at his place during several large tiki jobs (and continues to do so). I drive a big-ass lifted crew cab Tundra that gets like ten gallons to the mile, so he's saved me a bunch of money not having to commute during those jobs,...plus he's a respected local artist and he puts me over a lot & talks to people about my tikis, so I kinda figured I owed him something nice. Yesterday was his birthday, and I woke up and decided it was time to settle accounts...lol...

I had previously (a few weeks ago) given him a total garbage $50 tiki I made for a plant sale because it essentially sucked and I figured he could salvage it by painting it or something, and he was all happy about it and was like "no man, I wanna keep in natural like you made it" and I just felt like a tool....so I made him a nice one... he's WAY stoked on this one for sure though....(he better be damn it...I worked on it most of the day!!! lol)....

P

no rest for the wicked....

3 "charitykis"...to be sold or silent auctioned or whatever at the sunset tiki party to benefit a local charity that helps victims of domestic violence start over in a new place... let's do this.....

Careful bro
U so fast dey gona catch on fire
:)
Lookin good

Jon

P

"charitikis" in process....

P

add one more & I'm done for the day.....

M

Zoom zoom!

Nice loot!

Its like a sawna in here!

McTiki

Beautiful work as always. I wish I carved so I"d have an excuse to use the word, "charitiki."

P

thanks guys...

yeah, I have the sunset tiki party and the Hukilau coming up here in a few weeks, so I am "IN THE ZONE"..... and I'm pretty much working constantly until then. I'm about to turn into a machine...

let the chips fly!

Man, busy bever! I feel slow now. I'm looking forward to carving with you at the hukilau and seeing your techniques.

P

well, GOOD LUCK WITH ALL THAT....

I use blinders, smoke and mirrors, so I look super busy, but you can't ACTUALLY SEE anything...

I also use a body double so I look super ripped!

meantime, I've got like 3 illegals & their pregnant wives out in the truck carving them for $3 a day...

and before I show up at Hukilau I'm just gonna go by Will's house with a couple of hot slutty young chicks to distract him (trust me, it'll work), and steal like half of his tikis & then show up at the event and tell everyone that they're mine and that I'm a f'n GENIUS! (and I'll also advise them to ignore the crazy guy in the 54 chevy who says he made 'em - that guy follows me around everywhere...)

I'm also staying at a homeless shelter down the street from the Clipper just to throw everyone off...

M

^^RUM^^

I havnt figured out where I'm staying yet.

P

lol...we'll figure somethin' out man....

shit, I'll sleep on a park bench if I have to...

so anyway, good morning kiddies.... today's tiki (well, one of 'em anyway)...

P

I need some lunch...

These remind me a lot of the tiki my grandfather carved for me.

P

ok, got a little side-tracked...

anyway, 2 of the "charitikis" are done & delivered.

I need to get some espresso stain for that Marq....

starting another portait ku today as well...

P

ok, this dude's done.

P

is 6 inches too big for a pendant??? lol...

P

sanded & poly'ed, 6 inches tall, carved from a piece of driftwood...

D

Nice - I really like your work. Plus, from the backgrounds on some of the photos in the thread, it looks like you've got good taste in beer.

That work bench is interesting - how do the stops work? Could you post a pic or two of it?

Cheers!

P

thanks bro....just google "rockwell jawhorse"...

I think Lowes.com actually has a video demo.

I highly recommend it....

anyway, here's the one I finished today...

P

ok, animal pet rescue donation tiki for the hukilau....

rough cut...

M

Nice lines and good on ya for the good works you do in the philanthropic arena ! It is refreshing to see peeps reaching out with their craft.

Mahalo!

McTiki

P

well, my tikis & I in the new Creative Loafing that came out today...

and I was on television this morning... the show is called "Studio 10" and it's like a daytime show, but they were nice & very complmentary of my stuff...

today has been a bit overwhelming...lol...

Nice job with the creative loafing! Just grabbed one and we were excited to see you and your work on/in there. Haven't even read it yet.

Look out!
The word's gettin out.
You've been discovered.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 2206 replies