Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Zerostreet's Tiki Art!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2,156 replies

A few new pieces for Hukilau:

Tangaroa Of The Seas

Tiki In Blue

Moai In Flux

As always, I like them all.

W

On 2012-04-16 19:18, Professor G wrote:

Yep, me too! Nice nice nice!

My shirts are darn nice too!

[ Edited by: WestADad 2012-04-17 05:34 ]

On 2012-04-17 05:31, WestADad wrote:

On 2012-04-16 19:18, Professor G wrote:

Yep, me too! Nice nice nice!

My shirts are darn nice too!

[ Edited by: WestADad 2012-04-17 05:34 ]

Thanks Chris! Glad you like the shirts!

Thought I was done painting for Hukilau....but this little piece of cedar was laying around (the kind they put in cigar boxes) and I thought, Kava Kava!

I think he's had enough Kava, get that boy something to eat!

Have a great time at Hukilau Robert, and sell it ALL!

On 2012-04-18 19:51, MadDogMike wrote:
I think he's had enough Kava, get that boy something to eat!

Have a great time at Hukilau Robert, and sell it ALL!

Thanks! I hope to! About to drive over in a couple of hours! Enjoy MO! Wear those Tiki Tower shirt's with pride! :D

Still recovering a bit from Hukilau....resting a bit today plus getting stuff unpacked and shipping off some art to a few Hukilau attendees who didn't want to travel with too much stuff.

As I posted over at the Hukilau thread, it was great to meet and spend time with TikiTomD and his wife, GatorBob and many others. It was a thrill to meet Sven, who ran up to lend a hand when my Ku banner got a bit unruly. Head over to http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=41784&forum=4&start=30 to check out some of my pics.

While at Hukilau I managed to work on this sketch for a cigar box painting commissioned by one of our own TC'ers. Hope to start that right after I finish Professor G's Squid.

W

Really liking the start of the new piece. I'll bet the new owner has a spot for it already. :wink:

On 2012-04-22 17:39, WestADad wrote:
Really liking the start of the new piece. I'll bet the new owner has a spot for it already. :wink:

Hope he does!

Here's Professor G's Calamaori!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: that's one handsome cephalopod. Thanks for the great work, Robert. You've exceeded every expectation.

Actually, this is as good a place as any to say that every single artist I've had the pleasure of working with on TC has exceeded my expectations, and my expectations are pretty high.

But wow. . . that's a good-lookin' squid.

Calamaori - Clever! :lol: And beautifully done too Robert. Your shirts were a big hit at Mojave Oasis, got several coments, especially the Blu Ku

On 2012-04-22 20:20, MadDogMike wrote:
Calamaori - Clever! :lol: And beautifully done too Robert. Your shirts were a big hit at Mojave Oasis, got several coments, especially the Blu Ku

Thanks Greg and Mike! Greg hit it out of the park when he came up with "CalaMaori"!

Thanks for sporting Tiki Tower apparel over at MO! Appreciate it!

I'll just ignore the spam!... :D

A little news for those of you who follow my non-Tiki art. I was asked to write a piece on my Philip K. Dick painting for an online magazine that covers Phil's life and work.

That is now available to read in issue #24 of PKD Otaku. Link below!

http://www.philipkdickfans.com/

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-04-24 06:06 ]

Robert, I already reported that SPAM to Hakalugi. It'll be gone in a couple of hours.

On 2012-04-24 06:17, MadDogMike wrote:
Robert, I already reported that SPAM to Hakalugi. It'll be gone in a couple of hours.

Ah! It's gone!

Working on a few things at once, resumed working on my painting for the Tiki Oasis group show...

Sold Frankie's Ex Stumbles In at Hukilau and kinda miss his presence in my studio, so thought I'd start a new Bass playing chimp!

This new guy is rockin' it ~ look at that tassle fly!

Here comes another good one. You can't go wrong with a fez-wearing, bass-playing chimp (doing a tassel-spin, too).

Thanks guys! Moving along on the Tiki Oasis piece!

Tiki Tower turns 2 years old tomorrow! To celebrate all prints, postcards and T-shirts are 20% off for the next 2 weeks!

http://tikitower.storenvy.com/collections/12516-all-products

Now featuring The Greeter prints!

T

Robert,

Congrats on Tiki Tower turning 2! It looks like you had a good time at Hukilau as well..

As always, your recent works are looking great, my friend.

I read your article re: Phillip K Dick and saw your painting... Great stuff!

Trust all is well.... Keep painting and keep inspiring us all

Peace,
Jason

On 2012-04-28 02:46, TikiDaye wrote:
Robert,

Congrats on Tiki Tower turning 2! It looks like you had a good time at Hukilau as well..

As always, your recent works are looking great, my friend.

I read your article re: Phillip K Dick and saw your painting... Great stuff!

Trust all is well.... Keep painting and keep inspiring us all

Peace,
Jason

Thanks so much Jason! Always great to have you pop into this thread! Thanks for reading the PKD piece and for following along on Tumblr!

I usually keep my non-Tiki work out of TC, but I though this may be of interest here. These 2 pieces will be in Harold Golen Gallery's upcoming show. Don't have the title yet but the theme is 60's Airlines.

Perky! :wink:

On 2012-04-30 17:34, MadDogMike wrote:
Perky! :wink:

:D

Started work on a commissioned cigar box painting! Lots to go still. Working on this one along with the Tiki Oasis piece.

T

Ok, Robert, time for some polite and friendly pressure...

MadDogMike is leading an art swap and I want to encourage you to join in the fun.... Your participation would be awesome, brother!

Check it out here: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=42792&forum=18&start=0

So, you in?

Peace,
Jason

On 2012-05-02 19:35, TikiDaye wrote:
Ok, Robert, time for some polite and friendly pressure...

MadDogMike is leading an art swap and I want to encourage you to join in the fun.... Your participation would be awesome, brother!

Check it out here: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=42792&forum=18&start=0

So, you in?

Peace,
Jason

Hey Jason,

I've been following that thread and thinking about it. I enjoy the whole vibe of these swaps. The main reason I haven't jumped in is my commitment to a few shows that have upcoming deadlines, one of them being the Tiki Oasis show. I don't want to overextend myself and then just knock something out for this....I appreciate you calling me out! :D Really I do, and I'll decide as soon as I can!

Jumping back and forth on a few things....almost done with my Tiki Oasis piece!

My first attempt at sculpting a chimp...or anything really...Pleased with the results!

By the way, a big thanks to Wendy for inspiring with that mammoth thread of hers!

...just realized the order of pics is reversed....he did not de-evolve!

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-05-09 18:47 ]

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-05-09 18:49 ]

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-05-09 18:50 ]

Awesome Robert! With 2D and now 3D you can soon rule the art world :evil laugh:

B

Zero, Beautiful work man! I like the new Oasis painting and your Koshi sculpt is amazing.. Great detail!

It's weird: they don't even really look like chimps to me, anymore, unless they're wearing a fez.

W

That is one nice sculpt Robert! Impressive detail.

Excellent job. A man of many talents!

Thanks for the comments everyone! Beachbumz, I didn't really intend for this to be any particulat chimp of mine, but I guess he does most closely resemble Koshi.

Hi Robert, the painting for Oasis has such good perspective and action. I love it. I haven't started mine yet.

I love the chimp. I think its a he and on facebook its labeled with my name! Great detail. If you paint him with Liquitex Glossies over time he'll become super sticky. There is a chemical reaction that happens with that paint. I found that concrete sealer removes the stickiness but that stuff costs $75 a gallon.

I think it was fun to watch him shrink. Wendy

Wendy! I tagged you on facebook just to get your attention! :D

My Tiki Oasis piece is done! Lots more stuff to get to now!

NIGHT OF THE AMBER TIKI
Acrylic on 10x10 inch wood panel
(proper scan coming soon)

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-05-12 08:26 ]

EJ

Whatever the chimp sculpt is used for I want one. Pendant, broach, rearview mirror dangler, hood ornament, door knocker or wine stopper. Great job!

On 2012-05-13 00:34, El Jefe wrote:
Whatever the chimp sculpt is used for I want one. Pendant, broach, rearview mirror dangler, hood ornament, door knocker or wine stopper. Great job!

Thanks Jefe! I'm not quite sure what to do with it at the moment. It's too big to be a pendant. I think this one may become a full figure, possibly sitting. Anyway I just wanted to get my feet wet and hope to start doing pendant and other stuff soon!

Robert your sculpting talents are excellent. Wendy

On 2012-05-13 08:51, danlovestikis wrote:
Robert your sculpting talents are excellent. Wendy

Thanks Wendy! That means a lot to me! Hope to do more very soon!

T
TikiG posted on Mon, May 14, 2012 7:08 AM

I'm inspired by your art as always - haven't dropped in for a while but when I do its a mind-blower! Thanks! G

On 2012-05-14 07:08, TikiG wrote:
I'm inspired by your art as always - haven't dropped in for a while but when I do its a mind-blower! Thanks! G

Thanks so much Greg! Always appreciate you dropping by the thread!

Starting to coax a little personality out of the guy....

There just ain't no chimp like a ZeroStreet chimp.

On 2012-05-14 14:58, Professor G wrote:
There just ain't no chimp like a ZeroStreet chimp.

Mighty kind of you Greg.

By the way I meant to point out that the hairy mass beneath the chimps head is not his chest, but the back of my hand! :D

Just plain wow.
Just don't stop.
Well done.

Isn't Sculpty fun?!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2156 replies