Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Zerostreet's Tiki Art!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2,156 replies

Thanks guys! Obviously a different approach on this one. No dry brushing or intense detail = quicker turn around.

Ok! Hukilau is 4 months away! Gotta get crackin'!

Don't ask where this idea came from....

Lono And The King

I'm getting whiplash from your subject matter switches . . . and I like it.

On 2012-01-02 20:22, Professor G wrote:
I'm getting whiplash from your subject matter switches . . . and I like it.

Ha! Thanks Greg! Hey, got around to adding your link to my site!

Lunchtime illustration

W

COOL!

You're on a roll, Robert, and it's great to see. By the way, the link has been seen and appreciated. I've already gotten some visits due to it.

Keep rollin'em out, Zero: you're doing beautiful work.

PS: Where can I see an image of your painting of The Shadow?

[ Edited by: Professor G 2012-01-04 12:39 ]

Lovin that Lunchtime sketch!
You are just boiling over with ideas lately!
Keep it Rollin!

Thanks Chris, Greg and Kenny! As always, appreciate the kind words!

My Shadow painting can be seen at my zerostreet site, http://www.zerostreet.com both on the homepage and in the gallery. I'm taking that painting along with The Fisherman God's Dilemma to get scanned Friday afternoon!

Starting in on the King!

Robert, you should do a series of two; this 1960s version, then a mid-0s version with Elvis at 300 lbs and the same tiki painted gaudy colors. OK, maybe not :lol:

With how fast you are cranking these out I gotta think you have a small army of little menehunes helping you out. :wink:

Great stuff as usual Zero. :)

Got THE FISHERMAN GOD'S DILEMMA properly photographed....looks much better than my pic!

H

So mysterious and so good.

The finished piece is indeed beautiful Robert, another chimpasterpiece.

On 2012-01-06 18:11, hiltiki wrote:
So mysterious and so good.

Thanks Hiltiki!!

On 2012-01-06 19:29, MadDogMike wrote:
The finished piece is indeed beautiful Robert, another chimpasterpiece.

Can I trademark Chimpasterpiece? :D

I can't that imagine "Chimpasterpiece" would apply to anyone else's work! :lol:

Change of direction....bear with me! :D

That's a major change alright, his face fell off and his clothes turned dark. What could happen next? I'll stay tuned for part 2! Cheers, Wendy

On 2012-01-10 20:19, danlovestikis wrote:
That's a major change alright, his face fell off and his clothes turned dark. What could happen next? I'll stay tuned for part 2! Cheers, Wendy

Yeah....a bunch of changes. This one hasn't been working out how I envisioned. I'll stick with a bit more (my wife is liking it so....:D )

I don't know where you're going this time, Zero: you painter-types is sneaky--brown become a foundation for blue; smoky green turns into shimmery gold. I'm looking forward your next alchemical switch-a-roo. Maybe even you're not sure what it's going to be, yet, but I'll bet something great will happen with it. It's always fun to watch.

Flower Power!

Glad I stuck with this one....should be done in a few days!

That's what I mean: I did not see the ukelele coming, and I was looking for a curveball. I wondered where the guitar went and blammo it becomes a ukelele. It looks great, Robert. I'm glad you kept working with it.

That was a fun run of pictures. I loved watching the changes being made. The ukulele was a perfect tie in to the tiki. This is a fun one, Wendy

As I looked at his face I thought of Johnny Cash.
That led me to think of a series. Like the man in black & a Ku, exc. Also is the king holding a Uke ?

Thank you Professor, Wendy and Will!

That's a great idea Will. I'm still working the likeness of Elvis, as has been discussed here before likenesses are not my strongsuit. Word case, I'll change his outfit to black leather and call him Johnny! :)

Beginning to fine tune the suit! More later!

Thank you Professor, Wendy and Will!

That's a great idea Will. I'm still working the likeness of Elvis, as has been discussed here before likenesses are not my strongsuit. Word case, I'll change his outfit to black leather and call him Johnny! :)

B

Lookin good Zero!!!!!

On 2012-01-16 10:43, BigToe wrote:
Lookin good Zero!!!!!

Thanks Tom! Appreciate it!

Gave Elvis a rest for a couple of nights....Had been itching to paint on a cigar box again as it had been a while. Was inspired by some work of TC's own Lake Surfer....

that's a Rockin Cigar Box zerostreet!
Mr. Hansen is a true inspiration...

Lono and the King is looking REGAL!
Love the contrast in lighting
a challenge you accepted and NAILED!

right on!

Watching you paint is inspiring. I'll have to get back to it soon. I used to paint Elvis for my best friend who loved him dearly. We are very fond of PNG art ourselves your box is terrific, Wendy

Thanks so much Wendy and Ken! Always happy to have you guys pop in here!

Lono And The King has been a challenge, Ken....I think I need a few more days off on it! Probably start another cigar box today! They're piled up all around me threatening to collapse! :D

By the way....even thought TC is at the forefront of Tiki Tower news....those of you that are really into redundancy may want to sign up for the Tiki Tower Newsletter. If so, follow this link:

http://eepurl.com/dOT8c

R.

Lovin' the PNG cigar box. I notice you only do one every once in a while - do you have to smoke a box of cigars first? :D

On 2012-01-18 19:43, MadDogMike wrote:
Lovin' the PNG cigar box. I notice you only do one every once in a while - do you have to smoke a box of cigars first? :D

Thanks Mike!...no I don't smoke. I just give the cigars out to the kids in the neighborhood...they seem to like them :D

I kid.

Here's a another...back to Elvis tomorrow!

THE SUN KEEPER
5.25 x 6.75 inches Acrylic on cigar box

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-01-18 20:28 ]

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-01-19 18:40 ]

Happy to report both new boxes have found a home! Working on Lono And The King tonight...may post an update later.

As is the case with most paintings these look much better (and softer) in person. I may be doing some same size canvas prints of these soon!

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-01-19 18:42 ]

Got some work done tonight. Hope to wrap this one up soon!

Needed another mini-break from Lono And The King so I worked on a mini Cosmo painting.

COSMO MAKES THE SCENE
5x5 inches Acrylic on Wood Plaque
SOLD

So much detail in a 5x5 inch space! I just tried to paint some 2 inch medallions, somehow they don't look as good as your work :D

On 2012-01-22 19:57, MadDogMike wrote:
So much detail in a 5x5 inch space! I just tried to paint some 2 inch medallions, somehow they don't look as good as your work :D

Well Chimps just pretty everything up! :)

Here's tonight's progress:

Once again, I don't know what the heck is going on. Did Lono give Elvis the ukelele? Is it a magic ukelele? (I can all ready hear Tiki King saying that all ukeleles are magic.) I'm puzzled, but I dig it a whole lot.

On 2012-01-23 19:29, Professor G wrote:
Once again, I don't know what the heck is going on. Did Lono give Elvis the ukelele? Is it a magic ukelele? (I can all ready hear Tiki King saying that all ukeleles are magic.) I'm puzzled, but I dig it a whole lot.

Thanks Greg! Hope you don't really think I know what's going on? :D

Been sketching Tarzan lately. I'm on an Edgar Rice Burroughs reading binge and hope to do a Tarzan and possible a John Carter painting soon. Here's a sketch I did a few days ago.

Dig that crazy Tarzan. By the way - why is it that Tarzan doesn't have a beard? Does Jane make him shave daily out there in the jungle?

T

Robert, “The Fisherman God’s Dilemma” now brings some needed intrigue and edginess to the décor of the Blowfish Bar... mahalo for both the art print and concept sketches!

Tarzan and Tiki, I like :).

• Tom

On 2012-01-27 06:30, MadDogMike wrote:
Dig that crazy Tarzan. By the way - why is it that Tarzan doesn't have a beard? Does Jane make him shave daily out there in the jungle?

Thanks Mike! I'm sure in addition to shaving, Tarzan now has to take out the banana peel trash, not hang out with his gorilla friends as much... :D

Actually, as to a beard...I have been wanting to do a Tarzan painting and when I do I will try to make him look as rough as possible. Edgar Rice Burroughs does often write of Tarzan having a handsome face, but he also has an enormous scar from his eyebrow to the back of his ear from a particularly gruesome fight with a gorilla in the first book. As well as the fact that he can't be too perfectly groomed out in the jungle! So...things I've been thinking about.....

On 2012-01-28 09:56, TikiTomD wrote:
Robert, “The Fisherman God’s Dilemma” now brings some needed intrigue and edginess to the décor of the Blowfish Bar... mahalo for both the art print and concept sketches!

Tarzan and Tiki, I like :).

• Tom

Thank you Tom! Heading over right now to look!

Just got in my Tiki Tower vinyl banner which will be on display at the Pembroke Pines Art Fest in March and decorating my sun deck room's door at Hukilau!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2156 replies