Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Zerostreet's Tiki Art!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2,156 replies

W

Yep, I want one too. Got a spot on the shelf all picked out!

Thanks everyone for all the comments (and Wendy for that pic!) This was very challenging for me as I got into it all with virtually no experience. Mulder was a huge help with frequent phoned-in lessons! It's currently en route to him, I'll post news and pics as it develops!

R.

Hi All! Been busy with a few projects outside of the Tiki World! Getting ready to begin my a new painting soon. Meanwhile I redesigned my sites, to a simpler, cleaner look!

http://www.tikitower.com

http://www.zerostreet.com

More soon!

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-09-26 04:46 ]

Loving the Fisherman's Tiki.

On 2012-09-26 12:15, Hale Tiki wrote:
Loving the Fisherman's Tiki.

Thanks!

Been pretty busy still in the non-Tiki world and I want to come back! :) For those interested. I was invited to a Twilight Zone themed group show at Harold Golen Gallery by El Gato Gomez. TC's own Kenny Ruzik and Doug Horne are also part of that show. I'm also almost done with what is essentially "fan art" of The Thrilling Adventure Hour's Beyond Belief podcast. Think Nick and Nora Charles (The Thin Man) meets Poltergeist. It's a funny show and I had an image in mind that I had to get out! All that, as usual, can be seen at http://www.zerostreet.com

Did manage to sneak in a new sculpt for a pendant. Loosely based on the Tiki in my painting "Tiki In Reverb". More soon!

BT

Aww man, a pendant? I thought that was a mug :)

Well, cool pendant anyway but it would also be a great mug.

HUGE Twilight Zone fan, so naturally I really dig your painting. You know they have a replica of that devil fortune teller machine on one of the upper shelves in the pre-show lobby of "Twilight Zone Tower of Terror" at DisneyWorld? Somehow though I think you managed to make it look even more sinister than the original. :wink: One of these days I will have to take a whack at doing a TZ painting, probably "The After Hours" that one really creeps me out. Maaaaarsha!

Really liking your forays into sculpting, they are turning out great. :)

On 2012-09-30 09:27, Badd Tiki wrote:
Aww man, a pendant? I thought that was a mug :)

Well, cool pendant anyway but it would also be a great mug.

Thanks! I just got through sculpting my first mug....may hands need a break! :D

Thanks Tigertail! I saw that replica online. Also watched the episode a few times during the painting. Great stuff!

One of the wood boards I use for my Tangaroa mounts was calling to me...so I painted this. Hope to do a few more from the Enchanted Tiki Room!

ENCHANTED 1
5.5 x 10 inches
Acrylic on Wood

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-10-01 04:49 ]

I love tiki/bird paintings. This has the feel of the Tiki Room at Disneyland. I like it very much, Wendy

On 2012-10-01 06:44, danlovestikis wrote:
I love tiki/bird paintings. This has the feel of the Tiki Room at Disneyland. I like it very much, Wendy

Thanks Wendy. It is indeed based on The Enchanted Tiki Room birds. Was looking at some old Disney promotional material online and got inspired!

Got a strong urge to do more of these distressed, almost faded-looking paintings!

Backstage At The Mai Kai
8x10
Acrylic on Wood

Nice Robert. I had noticed the aged look of the previous one too. Not like your usual vibrant colors but cool nonetheless.

It looks almost like an old hand-tinted photo. It's great.

That is outstanding!

On 2012-10-03 06:24, AlohaStation wrote:
That is outstanding!

Thanks Tom, Mike and Greg!

Beginning another Mai Kai painting. This is one of the Tikis looking into the Molokai Bar.

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-10-05 16:59 ]

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-10-05 18:04 ]

Streaming now....just for a little bit:

http://www.livestream.com/zerostreet

Backstage At The Mai Kai is Killer!
My favorite Tiki located there!
Excellent piece Robert!

P

awesome stuff man!!!

On 2012-10-05 18:31, little lost tiki wrote:
Backstage At The Mai Kai is Killer!
My favorite Tiki located there!
Excellent piece Robert!

Thanks Ken! That's such a cool place, back behind the stage. I find it so surreal walking through there....I knew I had to one day paint that big guy!

Robert, I tried to join your painting party from the boredom of work last night and it froze up my underpowered work PC :lol:

On 2012-10-06 19:17, MadDogMike wrote:
Robert, I tried to join your painting party from the boredom of work last night and it froze up my underpowered work PC :lol:

Maybe next time....altho' I can't guarantee a cure for boredom by watching me paint! :D

Just finished the first of The Reverb God Pendant.

In the works.....

Very nice looking mug in progress. :) Can't wait to see what that fellow looks like with some glaze on him.

• Dale

I can't wait to see what he looks like right side up! :lol:

Robert that looks like a boat load of fun. Terrific mug, Wendy

Thanks everyone! Appreciate the comments, and the wise cracks! :D

Here's a sneak peek! More soon!

Just listed prints of my 2 recent paintings. Check them out at the Tiki Tower Store!

http://tikitower.storenvy.com/collections/12516-all-products

Slowly moving on OUTSIDE THE MOLOKAI. More soon!

My original idea for this painting was to do something loose similar to my last 2....but the detail started creeping in...so a bit more to go!

Detail is good, I'm starting to see textures!

On 2012-10-16 19:54, MadDogMike wrote:
Detail is good, I'm starting to see textures!

Thanks Mike!

Update from Mulder...

Tried out the official drink for the Mug Of The Fisherman's God tonight. I enlisted our own Professor G to come up with an appropriate recipe and he hit it right out of the park! More details soon!

W

MUG!!!!!

:)

On 2012-10-20 07:09, WestADad wrote:
MUG!!!!!

Yes!

Worked a bit tonight on a sculpt for a pendant based on my Uncle Max painting.

I like where the pendant is going and I'm excited to see the mug casting progress. I think rum and cinnamon are my 2 favorite cocktail ingredients.

Wow,
Your sculpting ability is outstanding.

Thanks guys! Appreciate the nice words! More progress shots from John Mulder.

I love that you included barnacles. That's good detail, right there.

A cast of Max painted...

OUTSIDE THE MOLOKAI
11x14
Acrylic on Wood Mounted Canvas

HT

On 2012-10-24 16:25, zerostreet wrote:
A cast of Max painted...

Wait, I follow you on Instagram, purely by coincidence. Hahahaha. Small world.

Really? What's your user name? I'll follow back.

Working on these Max pendants, I realize that my original idea of hand painting a Max replica is not very cost effective. It took me over an hour to paint the full color version of Max, so I can't really sell it at an affordable price. So I tried to do a more monotone Max in a color I can only call Banana Brown. I like the way it looks and I can paint it much faster.

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2012-10-25 15:42 ]

Very cool Max pendent, Zero! There are a few techniques you could try in order to do a faster streamlined process: you could try staining them with something like watered down ink, or dye, or you could try to do a airbrush paint method where you do the largest areas with the airbrush and then small things like the rope hand touched up. This is how chalkware and old carnival booth cast items from the 30's and 40's were done. They often used stencils in conjunction with airbrushing to do medium to small areas as well. A lot of time there was a bit of over spray, but it sort of added to the hand made charm.

HT

On 2012-10-25 15:41, zerostreet wrote:

Really? What's your user name? I'll follow back.

@luckythepainproofman

It's tiki, sideshow, casting/moldmaking, woodworking, and general chicanery. I do my best to post only original photographs, and am rather selective about what I like/who I follow, so as to not clog up the works.

What type of resin are you making him out of?

Thanks Tigertail. I'm sure there are ways to streamline the process, but I like to get in there with a fine brush and add lots of detail. There's no real shortcut for that I think!

@luckythepainproofman

It's tiki, sideshow, casting/moldmaking, woodworking, and general chicanery. I do my best to post only original photographs, and am rather selective about what I like/who I follow, so as to not clog up the works.

What type of resin are you making him out of?

I'll look you up now! These last casts I've done are not resin but Dry Stone. I've asked around the tiki art community quite a bit and find that there's no lasting way to hand paint resin. So I've decided to go with the heavier, more fragile but easier to paint Dry Stone.

R.

Getting closer....

W

mug Mug MUG!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2156 replies