Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Zerostreet's Tiki Art!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2,156 replies

The Tiki is starting to come to life!

T

Great painting. Nice and dark and mysterious. What size is it?

On 2011-05-01 19:41, TheBigT wrote:
Great painting. Nice and dark and mysterious. What size is it?

Thanks Big T! It's acrylic on a 8x11.5 slab of pine.

Finished a new Mai Kai Tiki. This is the little guy looking in the Tahitian dining room.

Acrylic and india ink of 4x4 round wood plaque

Mai Kai Tiki No. 6

T

Love these last two, Zero. Very cool!

On 2011-05-04 12:31, Tobor64 wrote:
Love these last two, Zero. Very cool!

Thanks! I'm having a lot of fun with these!

Nearing the home stretch on THE TIKI GOES NOWHERE!

Bitchin' Bob! :D

On 2011-05-04 19:50, MadDogMike wrote:
Bitchin' Bob! :D

Thanks Mike! I'm very happy with this piece! And as usual it looks so much better in person.

I want a step by step on your Scootiki painting. I'm excited to know we are both doing one. This is going to be more fun now. I'd love to know who else is doing the show. Wendy

On 2011-05-05 18:54, danlovestikis wrote:
I want a step by step on your Scootiki painting. I'm excited to know we are both doing one. This is going to be more fun now. I'd love to know who else is doing the show. Wendy

I will be posting steps soon....I can say it involves a Lambretta and a chimp! Just got to get through all my Hukilau stuff then I will resume work on it!

The Tiki Goes Nowhere is complete! I just posted it over at the Gallery section:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=36491&forum=21&start=last&51

Jumping right into a new one for Hukilau! No rest for the wicked!

Little something my 5 year old daughter surprised me with...her own crayon rendition of THE TIKI GOES NOWHERE!

Finished a couple of paintings tonight. First up is:

The Summoning
Acrylic on 7x9.5 inch wood plaque

And

Moai At Rest
Acrylic on 8x8.5 in wood box

I like her's better! :lol:

I'm kidding, of course, but it's easy to see she gets her artistic talent from her dad.
I love "The Summoning", sinister yet sensual.

Thanks Mike! I have no doubt she'll be surpassing me in skills soon! :)

As my chimp family grows, I thought I'd revisit a few. Here's an early step on a new painting featuring Cosmo. It's on a 9x8 inch cigar box.

worked a bit more....I want to capture his eternal struggle: Go home or have another!

W

Alright!!! A new Cosmo piece, I love it!

I think I can make room on a wall for another.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Cosmo Wing of the museum tour......" :)

He looks so content right where he is, I'm betting he stays there! :lol: You have captured that expression perfectly!

Thanks Chris, A Cosmo wing sounds so right! :)

Mike! Thanks, the expression came with little effort and I thought it was pretty spot on as well! Hopefully I won't mess it up as I go along!

Worked a bit more last night. As Hukilau nears I will probably have less time to actually paint as I prepare for it so this may be my last finished painting before then.

I set up a Newsletter signup page for Tiki Tower. I'll send out email blasts for sales or when new artwork is available. Anyone interested can sign up following this link:

http://tikitower.us2.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=ff408a78ceecc080dfeddd39b&id=32deaf88df

Here's the latest:

Dig it!
Love the monkey's furry texture...the time it takes to render each little hair pays off! EXELANTE!

On 2011-05-13 17:07, Tiki Shark Art wrote:
Dig it!
Love the monkey's furry texture...the time it takes to render each little hair pays off! EXELANTE!

Thanks Brad! I love working on the hair! The photo sharpens it a bit, so the softness is kinda lost.

Worked a bit more on it tonight:

Decided to add alter my original bar idea a bit. Added a Mermaid that may be know to a few of you.

I know his judgment is impaired, but Cosmo's not too bright - he should have got a seat facing the window! :lol: Righteous Robert!

Nice piece. I like the almost spontanaeous composition - like a friend took his drunk buddies' picture.

Thanks Mike! I'd like to think Cosmo is bright, just kinda shy! :)

Thanks Robb! I think the composition might feel spontaneous because it really was. I used to think the fact that I do little prep work for my pieces was attributed to impatience, but I have been realizing over time that I work best improvising as I go....I suspect that may bite me in the butt one day! :) And thanks for looking in on my thread! Your work is one I keep going back to all the time for inspiration!

Adding in a second Mermaid!

T

Doesn't Hanford have a pair of glasses like these ones.

On 2011-05-17 07:59, teaKEY wrote:
Doesn't Hanford have a pair of glasses like these ones.

I don't know about Hanford, but I've got a pair!

Here's a T Shirt I'm going to have silk screened for Hukilau!

Added another color option. These should be ready in a week or so.

Another small piece for Hukilau.

Stargazer
acrylic on 3x5 inch wood plaque

Just got these original back from the frame shop! Really happy with how they turned out. The photo's really can't capture the great job they did!

Hey Robert!!!! You gonna post ordering info for those shirts?

On 2011-05-19 16:18, MadDogMike wrote:
Hey Robert!!!! You gonna post ordering info for those shirts?

Yeah! Going to wait till my order gets in from the screen printer. Hopefully in a week or so. I will post here when I do!

Rearranged the bar a bit...much airier now! :)

More to come soon!

Almost done with my piece for Elroy...will be showing steps soon. Here's a tease!

I'm a sucker for progress shots; I copied & cropped all seven of your Cosmo shots and sequenced them so I could easily view the progress- very cool. I like the new background too. Looks like daylight, is it a Saturday or is Cosmo a monkey of leisure?

OH YOU ARE SUCH A TEASE, I LOVE THE MOTION, I CAN FEEL THE SPEED. IT'S ALREADY GREAT. MORE MORE PRETTY PLEASE. (: WENDY

On 2011-05-22 08:14, MadDogMike wrote:
I'm a sucker for progress shots; I copied & cropped all seven of your Cosmo shots and sequenced them so I could easily view the progress- very cool. I like the new background too. Looks like daylight, is it a Saturday or is Cosmo a monkey of leisure?

Thanks Mike! To be technical he is a Chimp of leisure. No tail on this guy! And it is daylight....I figured, what the hell, he's at the bar all the time...and bars don't ever close at Tiki Tower Island.

On 2011-05-22 12:10, danlovestikis wrote:
OH YOU ARE SUCH A TEASE, I LOVE THE MOTION, I CAN FEEL THE SPEED. IT'S ALREADY GREAT. MORE MORE PRETTY PLEASE. (: WENDY

Ha! You'll see more very soon! And I gotta warn you Wendy....the final is quite different. I loved the feel of the speed as well on that sketch but opted to go with another design...you can kinda see it on the far left of paper.

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2011-05-22 13:03 ]

VROOOOOOOOOM!
:)

On 2011-05-22 13:35, little lost tiki wrote:
VROOOOOOOOOM!

Can you stand by the painting at Elroy's and make that sound for a month? :D

:D

VROOOOOOOOOM!

On 2011-05-22 18:04, zerostreet wrote:

I'll send Joe a CD with an endless loop!
Hopefully this marketing tool won't backfire!

On 2011-05-22 22:29, little lost tiki wrote:

VROOOOOOOOOM!

On 2011-05-22 18:04, zerostreet wrote:

I'll send Joe a CD with an endless loop!
Hopefully this marketing tool won't backfire!

Impossible Kenny! It'll be a smash!

Mike, Cosmo should get those business card printed up ASAP!

Here is the progress so far on "Junior's On The Lam". This is for Elroy's "Scootiki: Mods & Gods" show.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2156 replies