Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Zerostreet's Tiki Art!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2,156 replies

HT

Is the Stowaway a pendant or mug?

Thanks guys! The Stowaway is a mug, Hale!

Managed to get a bit of work done on Sky-Father tonight. Hope to finish this one up soon!

I thought you should see MadDogMike modeling your terrific T-shirt art. Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2013-02-10 12:19 ]

H
Heath posted on Sun, Feb 10, 2013 9:59 AM

He looks like a kid in a candy store!

That's a great shirt on a great guy in a great room!

Thanks for posting Wendy! Nice to see a pic of Mike without photoshopped biceps or something! :D

On 2013-02-10 12:00, zerostreet wrote:
Thanks for posting Wendy! Nice to see a pic of Mike without photoshopped biceps or something! :D

I hear Grog may be working on that! :)

On 2013-02-10 12:03, WestADad wrote:

On 2013-02-10 12:00, zerostreet wrote:

I hear Grog may be working on that! :)

I'd be honored if Grog made an appearance in my thread! :)

Almost done with The Stowaway!

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2013-02-10 12:21 ]

That is looking great! And huge!

I did feel like a kid in a candy store, 2 decades of tiki collecting all in one room! (If Grog could Photoshop in some biceps I would appreciate it :D )

Robert, the stowaway is looking great!

Stowaway looks awesome

Jon

HT

Agreed on The Stowaway. Would also look great as a pendant. (Shrunken down, of course.)

Thanks everyon! Not a bad idea Hale Tiki....a barrel pendant!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Feb 11, 2013 3:50 PM

You're art is getting better and better. GROG really digging your sculpts. The little Fisherman God in the boat is killer. Awesome mug.

HT

On 2013-02-11 15:36, zerostreet wrote:

Indeed. Dig the mug, can't wait to see the colors. If you want, I can take a casting of the final mug, and shrink it down to pendant size, without having to do any re-sculpting, or any loss of detail.

On 2013-02-11 15:50, GROG wrote:
You're art is getting better and better. GROG really digging your sculpts. The little Fisherman God in the boat is killer. Awesome mug.

Thanks Grog! Appreciate it!

On 2013-02-11 17:38, Hale Tiki wrote:

Indeed. Dig the mug, can't wait to see the colors. If you want, I can take a casting of the final mug, and shrink it down to pendant size, without having to do any re-sculpting, or any loss of detail.

I have to send the sculpt off to Eekum Bookum when it's done. Curious as to how you would do that though.

Sky-Father progress.....sloooow going!

T
Tabu posted on Sat, Feb 16, 2013 7:53 AM

This painting is looking really nice. Great atmospheric lighting and detail.

HT

On 2013-02-11 19:37, zerostreet wrote:

On 2013-02-11 17:38, Hale Tiki wrote:

I have to send the sculpt off to Eekum Bookum when it's done. Curious as to how you would do that though.

Oh no, not the final sculpt, but a mug. You wouldn't lose much detail after it's glazed. It's quite simple, actually. There's two different ways of doing it. One is to mix an evaporative agent in with the platinum silicone when you're pouring the mold. The silicone dries after approx 16 hours, and you carefully remove the piece that you've molded. Then, over the next week, the agent, which is mixed in at a microscopic level, evaporates from the mold. The mold then shrinks approx 25-50%, depending on how much you've mixed, and how long you let it dry. Repeat until you get the desired size. It's time/materials intensive, but it works. You can also enlarge an object by soaking a regular silicone mold in the same material for approx two weeks. Then you can get one or two pulls, depending on your casting material, before the mold begins to shrink. Again, you lose absolutely no detail. The second way is a bit more complicated, but shrinks a bit more, and produces a positive that can either be re-cast to make the piece smaller, or can be cleaned and painted as a final object. In this instance, the shrunken mold would be used to cast the final pieces in a fast cast urethane resin, or the shrunken down positive would then be used to create a new mold, which the fast cast resin would be poured into. It's a lot easier than it sounds, so long as you have the right equipment/knowledge/patience. It's the kind of thing I do all the time at work. I've got some birdman moai that were actually carved by the people of Rapa Nui that I've been working on shrinking down to 5% of their original size for quite some time now.

On 2013-02-16 07:53, Tabu wrote:
This painting is looking really nice. Great atmospheric lighting and detail.

Thanks Tabu! And Hale Tiki! Interesting process...once I have the mugs we can talk.

I was featured in Pinstriping and Kustom Graphics magazine out of the U.K. Here are some scans.

Congratulations.

E

Awesome, well done on the feature!

Thanks guys!

Super cool article! I bet you're thrilled.

On 2013-02-20 19:30, Robb Hamel wrote:
Super cool article! I bet you're thrilled.

Thanks Robb! Definitely! Altho' I must say I'm beyond thrilled that I'll be the Page 7 artist in next month's Tiki Magazine! Look for the new Tiki Tower ad in there as well!

Awesome

Gettin' some well-deserved recognition Robert :)

Thanks guys! Appreciate the nice words!

Awesome news Zerostreet!
Well-deserved,bubbsy!
:)

Super Cool. You'll need lots of copies for all your family members. Wendy

Thank you Ken and Wendy! Appreciate the comments!

Well even though I said in a thread here on TC that I wouldn't go back to digital...I found myself doing a lot of sketching on Illustrator and this kinda happened! :D

WAHINE MOON AND FIRE

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2013-03-03 12:52 ]

HT

I'm working on a shrunken down mug pendant right now. I'll PM you with the results in approx 14 days.

Illustrator is this a free program?
I love your art from this program so going back can be a really good thing. Wendy

Hale Tiki, are you posting any pics on TC?

Thanks Wendy! Unfortunately Adobe Illustrator is not free, actually it's kinda pricey! :x

R.

My Frankenstein Monster mini mug is out of the kiln. Very happy with what is my first one-off mug!

Very cool FrankenMug Robert! Love all the wrinkles, great job on keeping those through the glaze process. Awesome first one-off!

Very cool

Jon

Thank you Jon and Mike!

I'll be at Art Rock in West Palm Beach on April 27th. If you're in the area drop in and say Hi!

Working on a lot of stuff at once as usual. Plenty of pendants and Tangaroa wall mounts (less than 15 left on the run of 25) plus some vintage styled tin signs. Details on those soon.

Here's a couple of pics from this morning's work.

Oh, I'm getting the creepies with the finger opposite the drill bit. How about a piece of wood to press against the head in case the drill bit goes through?

Lots of fun painting ahead. Those will look great.

I wish we could drop by, Wendy

Thanks Wendy! As dangerous as that pic looks, the drill is going super slow...when I feel some heat on my finger tip I know it's getting close then I move it. So far it's worked! :D

I have listed the Frankenstein Mini Mug at the Tiki Tower store. It's actually more like a very substantial double shot mug. Only holds 2 ounces but I think it looks pretty cool. Here's the link:

http://tikitower.storenvy.com/products/1217981-mini-frankenstein-monster-mug

Also just finished a few more ceramic items and a fully painted Uncle Max. Wish I had time to do more of the full color Max...very time consuming for me!

Also, worked on this digital study today:

More soon!

Tiki Tower

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2013-03-21 16:45 ]

My first thought when I saw this pic was "Don't let Wendy see that or she'll give you a safety lecture"
Then I saw that the next post was Wendy giving you a safety lecture :lol:
Wendy, thank you for looking out for us :D
That Frank really turned out well Robert. (I won't ask how you held the drill, the pendant, and the cameral all at once)

Ha! Thanks Mike! Better not to know how I held all that! :D

Finished up SKY-FATHER IGNITES last night. Proper scan soon!

Jumped right into a new cigar box painting....haven't painted one in a while, disarming MadDogMike of his usual "Boy! You smoke alot of cigars" joke! :D

More soon!

Wow Zero! Skyfather and the cigar box turned out danged cool! Congrats on the Tiki Magazine article too! I really like the texture you are adding to the Moai pendants too. :)

On 2013-03-23 20:30, tigertail777 wrote:
Wow Zero! Skyfather and the cigar box turned out danged cool! Congrats on the Tiki Magazine article too! I really like the texture you are adding to the Moai pendants too. :)

Thanks Tigertail777! The box is not quite done. And the Tiki Magazine thing is the Page 7 Artist, still pretty exciting!

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2013-03-23 20:45 ]

Here's the final for the cigar box:

Marquesan Cigar Box
4.25 x 7 inches
Acrylic on Cigar Box
SOLD

And here's a new piece I've started, TWO BY SEA. This is for a charity Art event at Hukilau this year.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2156 replies